PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Simmons Calls Ray Allen's Shot in gm 6 "Greatest shot in the history of basketball"

D-Wade
10-27-2013, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIn4Otnoqc

@2:47

Arnold Toht
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
I love 6.

Did I tell you about how much I love 6?

DMX7
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Simmons is a joke. That shot will be forgotten by most people soon if hasn't been forgotten already. MJ's Game 6 shot is as fresh in my mind today as it was the day it happened.

Bynumite
10-27-2013, 08:56 PM
That shot will be forgotten by most people soon if hasn't been forgotten already.

Still salty as fuck :lmao

lol spurfan, 6 couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of faggots tbh.

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 09:17 PM
I love 6.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/combo12/arnoldtoht3.jpg

benefactor
10-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Simmons with the still seeing Ray in green/still salty about the Duncan lottery bads.

Shots better than that one off the top of my head:

Horry vs. the Kings
Reggie Miller vs. the Bulls
Elliott Memorial Day
Jordan over Ehlo
Vinnie Johnson vs. the Blazers

Clipper Nation
10-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Simmons is a joke. That shot will be forgotten by most people soon if hasn't been forgotten already. MJ's Game 6 shot is as fresh in my mind today as it was the day it happened.
Simmons is a faggot, but come on, Ray's shot is a legendary Finals moment and will be replayed forever, tbh...

I wouldn't say it's the greatest shot ever (Memorial Day Miracle is still the best), but it's up there....

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Simmons is a faggot, but come on, Ray's shot is a legendary Finals moment and will be replayed forever, tbh...

Unfortunately this. :cry

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Simmons lays out the truth, tbh..Allen's shot was suppose to happen..it did happen and we're the two time defending champs..

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/combo12/arnoldtoht3.jpg

Simmons with the still seeing Ray in green/still salty about the Duncan lottery bads.

Shots better than that one off the top of my head:

Horry vs. the Kings
Reggie Miller vs. the Bulls
Elliott Memorial Day
Jordan over Ehlo
Vinnie Johnson vs. the Blazers
:lmao, tbh..

benefactor
10-27-2013, 09:30 PM
The shot is a legendary shot, but it's not close the "greatest in the history of basketball." All the ones I listed are much more impressive.

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:34 PM
The shot is a legendary shot, but it's not close the "greatest in the history of basketball." All the ones I listed are much more impressive.
:lmao, tbh..

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Dude rays shot kills all those. The only one i think it doesn't top is Michael last shot as a bull.

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Dude rays shot kills all those. The only one i think it doesn't top is Michael last shot as a bull.
Ray's shot kills all, tbh..Dad Killers shot comes in second..

Bynumite
10-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Finals, game 6, 3 point disadvantage, Allen fires a step back 3 with 7 seconds to either force overtime or go fishing.

The context alone makes it one of the top playoff shots of all time. Plus, a step back 3 is a difficult shot, especially with the weight of that moment on your shoulders.

CitizenDwayne
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Memorial Day Miracle is still the best

Bingo. Simmons is not factoring in difficulty.

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Finals, game 6, 3 point disadvantage, Allen fires a step back 3 with 7 seconds to either force overtime or go fishing.

The context alone makes it one of the top playoff shots of all time. Plus, a step back 3 is a difficult shot, especially with the weight of that moment on your shoulders.
:lol What is also ignored is Ray didn't even look at where he launched the three from..homer Spurfan wants to forget oh so bad, tbh..

elmanutres
I would say in terms of difficulty, either memorial day or .4, on what was on the line, rays shot. In terms of a players legacy as the greatest ever, jordans.

benefactor
:lol...Memorial day and 0.4 are easily more difficult. Elliott almost fell out of bounds then turned and shot it over an outstretched defender. Vinnie Johnson took his off the dribble.

Again, great shot...great moment...but he just backs up behind the three point line and lets it go with barely a contest by a shorter defender. There are plenty game winners out there that are more difficult.

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:48 PM
:lol, tbh..

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
:lol What is also ignored is Ray didn't even look at where he launched the three from..homer Spurfan wants to forget oh so bad, tbh..

the guy made a career over threes. I'm sure he had a feel of where the three point line was at at all times.

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:50 PM
the guy made a career over threes. I'm sure he had a feel of where the three point line was at at all times.
:lol why is Spurfan so deluded, tbh?

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 09:51 PM
:lol why is Spurfan so deluded, tbh?
How the fuck is that deluded. I'm implying ray didn't look at the three point line because he didn't need to dumbfuck

rogues
10-27-2013, 09:55 PM
How the fuck is that deluded. I'm implying ray didn't look at the three point line because he didn't need to dumbfuck
:lol No, you're just mad I added more context to Ray's already really difficult shot, tbh..it must have sucked to have been on the other side of that:lol..

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 10:00 PM
:lol No, you're just mad I added more context to Ray's already really difficult shot, tbh..it must have sucked to have been on the other side of that:lol..
You're an idiot. I'm agreeing with you that ray didin't look at where he launched the three. Do you know how to read or are the english teachers in miami a bunch of illegal cubans that can't speak english?

Arnold Toht
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
^ He's a Spurfan troll, you fucking dumb spic.

Clipper Nation
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Bingo. Simmons is not factoring in difficulty.
It's not just the insane degree of difficulty either, it's the game situation and the fact that the Spurs had still never won a championship at that point and had suffered through so many playoff disappointments, tbh.... it's the only shot I'd definitively rank above Ray's...

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 10:02 PM
^ He's a Spurfan troll, you fucking dumb spic.
How the fuck am i suppose to know, I don't spend my entire day on this site like you bandwagoner

DMC
10-27-2013, 10:03 PM
I love 6.

Bend over, I'll give ya 6 and then some.

rogues
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
You're an idiot. I'm agreeing with you that ray didin't look at where he launched the three. Do you know how to read or are the english teachers in miami a bunch of illegal cubans that can't speak english?
:lol You said Ray didn't have to look at it..that simplifies the dynamic of that shot..you're just pissed off your team lost to mine, tbh..

ElNono
10-27-2013, 10:08 PM
it was a hell of a shot... but I think to rank it up there as the 'greatest' it would have to at least be a gamewinner?

DMC
10-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Not as clutch as that shot Kobe took in the shower.

RsxPiimp
10-27-2013, 10:29 PM
that shot saved lebrons career, it was fucking huge. LeBron could've been a 1 timer with 4 attempts. LeBron should donate half of his 2013 salary to allen quite frankly.

Arnold Toht
10-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Bend over, I'll give ya 6 and then some.

Hello, Tim Duncan.

Rogue
10-27-2013, 11:13 PM
it wasn't a game winner but a life saver for them heat imho. there's no doubt about the significance of that shot and it was also a toughly contested shot that would've been missed 9 out of 10 times even though the shooter was Ray Allen. Dude was shooting the ball off backwards steps and he was already off balance, his back crooked and his body posture awkward as fuck, yet the ball still went in after all, with some luck

Duncan2177
10-27-2013, 11:22 PM
How the fuck am i suppose to know, I don't spend my entire day on this site like you bandwagoner

I agree the idiot needs to get a life.

Arnold Toht
10-27-2013, 11:25 PM
I live on 6 support, I guess.

CitizenDwayne
10-27-2013, 11:31 PM
It's not just the insane degree of difficulty either, it's the game situation and the fact that the Spurs had still never won a championship at that point and had suffered through so many playoff disappointments, tbh.... it's the only shot I'd definitively rank above Ray's...

Hmm...so where would you put .4 and Jordan's shots (over Ehlo and Russell)? Just curious.

(I agree with your evaluation of the MDM, btw. Shot was a fucking masterpiece.)

Killakobe81
10-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Not sure its the greatest but its up there.
Horry in wcf
Magic junior skyhook
Mj on Russell
Mj on ehlo

Are the ones that come first to my head. Finals obviously are highest stakes ... So Ray, Mj on Russell and junior Skyhook have to be near top. Outside of Finals
Horry vs. Sac
Memorial miracle
And Mj over Ehlo the way mj hung and waited for Ehlo to land was sick ...

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2013, 12:37 AM
that gayray shot, right in front of tps grill

D-Wade
10-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Simmons is one of the most reactionary and in the moment guys ever so it's no surprise he said something like this. No doubt though that Ray Ray's shot was huge, the hugest in recent memory. That's all I'll say. Oh, and thank god it went in.

elmanutres
10-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Simmons is one of the most reactionary and in the moment guys ever so it's no surprise he said something like this. No doubt though that Ray Ray's shot was huge, the hugest in recent memory. That's all I'll say. Oh, and thank god it went in.
http://cdn04.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/11/crying-gifs-10112013-01.gif

Jacob1983
10-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Simmons is trash and that shot was a lucky one. This is one of the best shots in the history of basketball.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k4Li-iT8QU

racm
10-28-2013, 01:28 AM
If 3s to force OT are amazing then Gary Neal should be in the GOAT conversation IMO

Juggity
10-28-2013, 03:39 AM
In terms of what was on the line, Ray Allen's shot was pretty important. But it wasn't a finals-clinching shot. Nor was it a particularly difficult shot for him (wide open in the corner).

Aesthetically, a corner 3 is also one of the least impressive looking shots in the game. Not that that matters to me, but from the televised perspective of the basketball-watching masses, the corner 3 looks like a much shorter distance than other 3 point shots.

Aesthetically and in terms of importance, Jordan's shot comes to mind as being clearly superior. That shot literally won a championship. A few Horry gamewinners as well are above the Ray Allen 3 as well.

Capt Bringdown
10-28-2013, 05:11 AM
It was without doubt the most important shot in LBJ's career.
It also slammed the championship door shut on the Duncan era.

DMC
10-28-2013, 08:04 AM
that shot saved lebrons career, it was fucking huge. LeBron could've been a 1 timer with 4 attempts. LeBron should donate half of his 2013 salary to allen quite frankly.

And the other half should be split between Manu and Pop.

DMC
10-28-2013, 08:06 AM

Simmons also says Duncan was the best player of the 2000-2009 decade. He says a lot of shit. I don't agree with some of it, others I do. Hey, he's like people here it seems.

Killakobe81
10-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Simmons also says Duncan was the best player of the 2000-2009 decade. He says a lot of shit. I don't agree with some of it, others I do. Hey, he's like people here it seems.

he did. He had flipped to Kobe for a while after Kobe rang back2back ...but lately he has been on the Duncan bandwagon (POTD).

Simmons used to be much better. Swept up in analytics, his kids or moving to Cali somehow he is nowhere as funny or relevant. I used to get a good laugh even when he slammed the Lakers. his last mailbag/NFL picks only got one "chuckle" and it was the first time he made me laugh since maybe last June's Finals. I admire how he grew his blog, 30 for 30 and Grantland. But I think he is past his peak/prime. I do think he truly loves hoops (Despite his biases) and for that and the old Boston sports guy days he will have my respect.

hyhy
10-28-2013, 08:54 AM
:lmao heat fan needing Ray allen to save lechoke's legacy.

Phillip
10-28-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure if any shot has ever had more at stake than Ray's shot in game 6. I think that alone deserves for it to get consideration.

I certainly don't see how anyone can say that Horry's shot against Sacramento was superior, since it was almost the same thing, only less difficult and with less on the line.

IMO, this shot, and the MJ over Ehlo shot are the two greatest shots ever, when you weigh in the difficulty of the shot, and what was at stake. Both of them were the difference between winning and losing a playoff series. They were do or die shots. I can't recall many other do or die shots. Calvin Booth's shot against Utah is the only other that is popping in my mind at the moment.

ambchang
10-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Given the stakes, that shot belongs to be at least mentioned as one of the greatest shot in nba history.

elmanutres
10-28-2013, 01:43 PM
The ultimate shot would be a team down 2 in a finals with seconds left in a game 7 overtime finals. The player shoots A 3 when the clock winds down and bam buzzer beater. Only a guy like Jerry west could pull that off

whitemamba
10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Wheres that nut hugging faggot MJ talking about the shot vs utah tbh?

bill simmons is a faggot, but he could be on to something here, ray allen saved lives with that shot, thing of how much different this forum would be tbh