PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Spurs fan are you?

romain.star
10-28-2013, 12:42 PM
It seems that fans here (and there) massively overreact after every win or loss. Manu was Spurstalk God in 2005; he is now nothing more than an overpaid useless traitor.

For 2 decades now, the Spurs give us great emotions and beautifull basketball. As a fan, that is all I'm looking when watching a Spurs game. And as soon as I switch off my TV, great win or heartbreaking loss, I move on... I find it rather disturbing when months after a loss, people still feel pissed and keep on insulting players who played poorly.

The NBA and its players are part of a fantasy world that is meant to give us entertainment, and nothing more than that. This is not real life people. In a sense, Pop, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili are not real. A 5th :lobt: will not change anything in our lives (unlike theirs).

So why do you guys have to take all of this so seriously and so personally?

biskvito
10-28-2013, 01:06 PM
I think after a loss the majority of fans who care enough to post are angry and irrational.

Moderate, rational fans just want to stay away from the mess, and they're probably in great numbers too.

hooperflash
10-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I have Kawhi's mentality, Manu's personality, and TP/TD's confidence.

That's me, I guess I can also add a better sneaker game than Bonner :lol

DJR210
10-28-2013, 03:28 PM
2.5/10. Would recommend to B-List friends and family I don't really like.

ElNono
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm the kind of fan timvp tells me to be, tbh...

Brazil
10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
:cry it still hurts :cry

hsxvvd
10-28-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm the type of fan who'll scream at the TV or the box scores on my PC. I'll walk with a bounce in my step when we've won, and will hang my head when we lose. I'm the kind of fan who will fist pump the air and stand with both hands raised in the air in my living room, even when I'm watching alone.

szkorhetz
10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
:cry it still hurts :cry

Kool Bob Love
10-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Nah #5 would have made life 25% better.

And I embrace 6 now

SpursFan86
10-28-2013, 04:30 PM
People take it seriously because they invest a lot of time and energy into supporting this team. I agree that some people take it too far and need to look at the big picture, but being legitimately upset about a devastating loss is reasonable for a die-hard fan. Holding grudges and "hating" players (especially ones that have contributed a shit ton to this franchise) is a bit much though.

Darius Bieber
10-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Good or bad, I'll support my Spurs. I sometimes may get angry about why we have certain players on the team (you know who.........), but I'll scream my lungs out at games.

Kyl3
10-28-2013, 05:42 PM
A 5th :lobt: will not change anything in our lives (unlike theirs).

You must not be a gambler.

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Because we are fans, which is short for fanatics, and for a certain team, the Spurs!
As crazy and obsessive as some get in here, we are not nearly so bad as soccer fans with their riots.

thunderup
10-28-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't see how Spurs fans can hate players on their team. Beautiful team and offense to watch.

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't see how Spurs fans can hate players on their team. Beautiful team and offense to watch.

Sometimes I suppose it happens, like with Bonner. Dislike should be the most extreme, but hate happens usually from people who are for the most part unreasonable in their real lives as well.

TheyCallMePro
10-28-2013, 08:59 PM
I watch every second of every game on TV. I'm usually critical when we lose. To me that's fair. When your team loses, or is losing, you have every right to be critical of their performance. I don't see how that makes me a bad fan. The fans I can't stand are the ones that will blindly support the team despite its flaws or failures.

Manu played bad in the Finals. Kawhi choked on a number of occasions. Green was invisible in game 6 and 7. Parker wasn't himself after game 1. Duncan missed a point blank layup that would have tied the game with a minute to go in game 7. Pop shrunk the line-up to 6 and all of our players were exhausted. Not only that, but he refused to call timeouts in game 6 and 7, and the result was sloppy play across the board. All of these are legit complaints against the team.

Captivus
10-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Im not a Spurs fan, I just follow Bonner.

spurs10
10-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Im not a Spurs fan, I just follow Bonner. :hungry:You and several million other people!!! Bonner fanatics are too many to simply be a cult. It's a movement!!

TXstbobcat
10-28-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm ready for the spurs season to start! Wednesday night can't get here soon enough.

callo1
10-28-2013, 11:06 PM
I am still hurt by giving game 6 away, but at the same time, I am excited and ready to go for Wednesday. I believe the Spurs still have an excellent shot of wining a title this year. I do not think Manu is washed up, and I do think that the addition Belinelli will help Manu greatly.

Timmy is still Timmy.

Danny showed that he can handle the spotlight.

Kawhi is an absolute beast.

Manu will redeem himself.

Marco will add even more scoring punch.

Tp will have a great year.

Baynes will come in and be physical if Tiago goes into his shell.

Spurs in '14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baseline bum
10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm the kind of fan who doesn't like it when some wetback keeps throwing the damn ball to Miami tbh.

Chomag
10-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Meh, it just gives us something to talk about. It's nothing more nothing less but I think allot of people don't seem to understand that.

Sean Cagney
10-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Sometimes I suppose it happens, like with Bonner. Dislike should be the most extreme, but hate happens usually from people who are for the most part unreasonable in their real lives as well.

I am not a huge fan of Bonner lol.

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm the kind of fan who doesn't like it when some wetback keeps throwing the damn ball to Miami tbh.
:lol

HI-FI
10-29-2013, 12:09 AM
I'd say I'm more than a casual Spurs fan but not hardcore like some on here, which I respect. I just enjoy the culture, standards and style of the team.

People on here are just angrier because they are more desperate, they don't want to see Duncan go out the way he did this past season.

:rollin

Skull-1
10-29-2013, 12:20 AM
I'd say I'm more than a casual Spurs fan but not hardcore like some on here, which I respect. I just enjoy the culture, standards and style of the team.

People on here are just angrier because they are more desperate, they don't want to see Duncan go out the way he did this past season.

Ditto!

RD2191
10-29-2013, 12:36 AM
:td

bklynspursfan
10-29-2013, 07:59 AM
I usually take all losses hard... They put in me in a weird mood until the next game sometimes lol. However I think what the Finals has taught me, is to just enjoy the roller coaster ride that is the regular season and hope this team is healthy come post-season.

George Gervin's Afro
10-29-2013, 08:07 AM
great thread...

koriwhat
10-29-2013, 02:04 PM
what kind of spurs fan am i?... a real spurs fan!

Mugen
10-29-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm a diehard Spurs fan but have enough brain cells to not get my calves tattooed tbh ^

SpurSpurSpurs
10-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Fan since 97. Just someone who doesn't care of recent regular season games unless we're playing LAL, Bulls or Pacers... and Miami when LBJ and Bosh moved there.

Come PO's, I'm all in because I know what my Spurs are capable of! I also enjoyed the 90s-2000s ground and pound game. Man I fucking miss that! Last 2 years of the Big 3 and I still ecstatic of the possibility that Kawhi will be our future!

Skull-1
10-30-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm a diehard Spurs fan but have enough brain cells to not get my calves tattooed tbh ^
:lmao