PDA

View Full Version : OT: Congrats DPG!

LkrFan
10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
With Saturday's game under control, Rice gave the smallest player in the Football Bowl Subdivision a moment in the spotlight.

Rice handed the ball to DPG, a 4-foot-9, 135-pound walk-on running back, late in the fourth quarter of the Owls' 45-7 win over UTEP.

DPG, who has a genetic disorder that hinders his growth, took the handoff from the left of the quarterback, carried it to the right tackle and was brought down for a 1-yard gain.

"I did what I was supposed to … I didn't get negative yards," DPG said, according to the Houston Chronicle.

DPG has worked with the scout team for three years but made his college debut against UTEP.

"That young man is here every day busting his tail on the scout team. He deserves it," Rice coach David Bailiff said, according to the Chronicle. "I'm thrilled we got DPG into a Division I football game."

DPG, a sophomore, downplayed his brief appearance in the game. In high school, DPG ran for 18 touchdowns and more than 1,200 yards as a tailback, according to the Chronicle. He also played defense, making 92 solo tackles, three sacks and an interception at safety.

"When you practice every day, it's like clockwork," DPG said. "I wasn't really thinking about it. It's just one carry."

LINK (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9887475/jayson-carter-4-foot-9-walk-debuts-rice-owls)

Rs0J3eCTGQo

:rollin :lmao :rollin

DPG21920
10-28-2013, 07:23 PM
:cry

Chief Brody
10-28-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm sure Rick Reilly will write about this.

DPG21920
10-28-2013, 07:33 PM
But you lose points for laughing at your own joke. I can just see how this played out:

You: "what is this article on Yahoo! all about. Wait a minute, this is hilarious."

Go on to read a few more articles as this seed of an idea grows in your mind

You: "holy snikes...DPG is short. This is about a short guy. I can turn this into comedy gold!!"

You nervously fidget and get giddy all day. Come home, ignore the rather large woman sitting next to you and:

You: "It's time! I am going to post this on ST and watch the lols roll in."

But in your head you lack discipline and general delivery so you couldn't help yourself. You had to laugh at your own joke.

apalisoc_9
10-28-2013, 07:34 PM
He's 5'5 from what I can remember.

Tbh, that's not really short specially in San Antonio.

LkrFan
10-28-2013, 07:40 PM
But you lose points for laughing at your own joke. I can just see how this played out:

You: "what is this article on Yahoo! all about. Wait a minute, this is hilarious."

Go on to read a few more articles as this seed of an idea grows in your mind

You: "holy snikes...DPG is short. This is about a short guy. I can turn this into comedy gold!!"

You nervously fidget and get giddy all day. Come home, ignore the rather large woman sitting next to you and:

You: "It's time! I am going to post this on ST and watch the lols roll in."

But in your head you lack discipline and general delivery so you couldn't help yourself. You had to laugh at your own joke.
:lol - welcome back DPG. :)