PDA

View Full Version : What's the official rotation this season?

dallasmaverickslose
10-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I know Pop usually never sticks with a set-in-stone rotation, but still, is there an official roster rotation? If anyone knows, please post it. Thanks.

:flag:

jeebus
10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Cojo, Manu, Beli, Diaw, Bonner off the bench. Nando getting odd minutes here and there.

dallasmaverickslose
10-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Cojo, Manu, Beli, Diaw, Bonner off the bench. Nando getting odd minutes here and there.

So Ayres will be chillin on the bench with Bonner this season?

jeebus
10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Listen, that's how it's gonna be at first. I'd be really surprised if stubborn Pop puts in Mills with Manu and Beli and just let them go off. Even though the two Aussies were bad ass in the preseason, Pop doesn't care. And Matty has blown Pop too many times and swallowed way too much semen to not be in the rotation.

racm
10-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Parker
Green
Leonard
Duncan
Splitter

Ginobili
Diaw
Belinelli
Joseph
Mills
Bonner
Ayres/Baynes

Baynes/Ayres
De Colo

tbh...

romsho
10-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Duncan
Splitter
Leonard
Green
Parker

Manu
Belinelli
Diaw
Joseph
Ayres/Baynes

Think you'll see Diaw play some spot backup SF minutes as well when matchups allow....opening minutes for Ayres and Baynes at PF/C

DesignatedT
10-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Manu and Diaw are first off the bench for Green and Splitter.

What will be interesting to watch is who Belinelli checks in for next. He can either check in for Tony and Pop can try to run the Manu-Marco backcourt or Pop can sub him in for Leonard and also put one of the PGs in while moving Manu to the 3. Thing about the latter is the next big off the bench is presumed to be Ayres (or Matt) which would make for an extremely small second unit of three guards - Diaw and Ayres. I would like to see Baynes get more of a chance and some more time but I'm not holding my breath.

Taking Tiago out at the 6 minute mark and then re-inserting him for Duncan at the 1-2 minute mark would make sense to me but I don't recall Pop using that type of strategy with the big rotation during the regular season.

dallasmaverickslose
10-30-2013, 12:48 AM
Manu and Diaw are first off the bench for Green and Splitter.

What will be interesting to watch is who Belinelli checks in for next. He can either check in for Tony and Pop can try to run the Manu-Marco backcourt or Pop can sub him in for Leonard and also put one of the PGs in while moving Manu to the 3. Thing about the latter is the next big off the bench is presumed to be Ayres (or Matt) which would make for an extremely small second unit of three guards - Diaw and Ayres. I would like to see Baynes get more of a chance and some more time but I'm not holding my breath.

Taking Tiago out at the 6 minute mark and then re-inserting him for Duncan at the 1-2 minute mark would make sense to me but I don't recall Pop using that type of strategy with the big rotation during the regular season.

I could honestly see Pop using a 3-way combo of Manu-Belinelli-Diaw to handle PG/ball handling duties when Parker is taking a rest and CoJo isn't on the floor. That could allow for Baynes and Ayres to share the court if you're playing full bench. Pretty massive line-up right there, tbh. You could have:

PG: Manu Ginobili---\
SG: Marco Belinelli---- (If CoJo is on the floor any of these 3 could be taken out)
SF: Boris Diaw------/
PF: Jeff Ayres
C: Aron Baynes

Not too bad honestly. Keeping my fingers crossed that Bonner doesn't assume a major back-up role this season, but of course, I know Pop likes him some Matt Bonner.

Also hoping Tiago improved his post game this offseason after his putrid finals performance. Some people fail to realize that Tiago's lack of using his size to his advantage was a MAJOR reason we lost the finals. If there is ANY noticable improvement from him, I actually am going to feel pretty darn good about our bigs situation. I guess as a 6th big, Bonner is definitely better than other options...

spurs10
10-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Listen, that's how it's gonna be at first. I'd be really surprised if stubborn Pop puts in Mills with Manu and Beli and just let them go off. Even though the two Aussies were bad ass in the preseason, Pop doesn't care. And Matty has blown Pop too many times and swallowed way too much semen to not be in the rotation. Jesus jeebus, easy on the imagery! :yield

benstanfield
10-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Parker/Cojo/Mills (Cojo and Mills will switch about two weeks into the season)

Green/Manu/Belli

Kawhi/Manu/Diaw

TD/Diaw/Ayres/Bonner

Splitter/Baynes/TD/Bonner

NDC in a suit.

playblair
10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
parker/cojo
green/ginobili/beli
leonard/diaw
duncan/ayers
splitter/baynes