PDA

View Full Version : FSSW in Valley not showing Spurs Games

darkhorsebball
10-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Is anyone else on here from the Valley with Time Warner showing Mavs games on their guide for Fox Sports?

Blue Duck
10-30-2013, 08:41 AM
I live down here in the RGV and we have always watched every game on FSSW, but allot of times, the program guide would say dallas maverick s or Dallas stars but at game time, the spurs broadcast would come on. Now you have me very worried. H. as smething changed?

Blue Duck
10-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Sorry, that message was cut off prematurely. Do i need to call time warner and raise hell? What have you heard? I absolutely cannot go a whole season without the spurs, i haven't in 20 years. Let me know if you hear anything, I'm at work, but I'll call time warner and protest this outrage!!!!!!

TE
10-30-2013, 08:54 AM
As the unofficial spokesman of the Valleyite, I might have to go to a bar to watch the game...

Blue Duck
10-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Ok dude, i just called the cable company and spoke to a representative who assured me that the programming guide is incorrect and that there has been no change. Apparently there working out the " kinks" on some new system, so even though your guide says mavericks, it should be the spurs broadcast. This used to happen alot when i lived in san Marcos and had channels from Austin it would give the maverick s or stars feed until game time, then suddenly switch to the spurs feed.

TrueSpursFan
10-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Over her in SA I have time warner and I thought the game was going to be on FSSW. Buts it's actually on CBS(Kens 5). Not sure if that means anything to you since you live in the valley.

TXstbobcat
10-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Doesn't the valley mainly get rockets games?

hooperflash
10-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I have two FSSW channels, one for Spurs and the other for Mavs. Rockets get no love in the RGV , thank God.

TE
10-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I have two FSSW channels, one for Spurs and the other for Mavs. Rockets get no love in the RGV , thank God.

Just figured out your sig is of the scrub court at the rec, tbh...you go to pan am?

darkhorsebball
10-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Ok dude, i just called the cable company and spoke to a representative who assured me that the programming guide is incorrect and that there has been no change. Apparently there working out the " kinks" on some new system, so even though your guide says mavericks, it should be the spurs broadcast. This used to happen alot when i lived in san Marcos and had channels from Austin it would give the maverick s or stars feed until game time, then suddenly switch to the spurs feed.

Thanks man I really appreciate the response and the help. You have no idea I couldn't even sleep last night I was so upset at the fact that they would be showing Mavs games instead of Spurs. It's just inconvenient that the guide is wrong due to the fact I would record the games and watch them later sometimes. Once again thanks for your help..

darkhorsebball
10-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Over her in SA I have time warner and I thought the game was going to be on FSSW. Buts it's actually on CBS(Kens 5). Not sure if that means anything to you since you live in the valley.
Yeah tonight's game is in Kens 5 but Saturdays game is on FSSW and the guide has a Mavs game scheduled instead of Spurs. Also the free preview of NBA League Pass keeps saying unavailable. My service has sucked lately. -.-

hooperflash
10-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Just figured out your sig is of the scrub court at the rec, tbh...you go to pan am?

Yeah, just transferred here. I remember you live in Edinburg.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2013, 11:14 AM
If it's a KENS broadcast in SA, it usually isn't on FSSW.

I don't see it on Austin's TWC listings either. KENS broadcasts are often shown on KBVO up here, but it could be just a Friday thing.

Skull-1
10-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Is anyone else on here from the Valley with Time Warner showing Mavs games on their guide for Fox Sports?
Panic time! The HEB schedule says KENS 5 not FSSW. Do I have to shell out for League Pass?

Skull-1
10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Doesn't the valley mainly get rockets games?

Hell no. Last time they tried that it caused a revolt. The Astros a different story. They tried jamming us with the Rangers and ticked everyone off yet again.

hooperflash
10-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Hell no. Last time they tried that it caused a revolt. The Astros a different story. They tried jamming us with the Rangers and ticked everyone off yet again.

The controversial Skull lives in the valley? I gotta meet him :lol

Skull-1
10-30-2013, 11:37 AM
The controversial Skull lives in the valley? I gotta meet him :lol

:lol

RD2191
10-30-2013, 12:59 PM
tf? they better show the fucking game.

Blue Duck
10-30-2013, 03:55 PM
No problema, Darkhorseball. Since living down here, i shelled out for the league pass two seasons in a row a few years back, and occasionally, i still listen to a few games on good ole WOAI outside and and call in for post game react. But for the past few seasons, FSSW has been pretty reliable down here. I'm home now, and my program guide also says Mavericks, so lets all cross our fingers til tipoff!!!! Go spurs...... play Baynes!!!!!!8

RD2191
10-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Sorry, that message was cut off prematurely. Do i need to call time warner and raise hell? What have you heard? I absolutely cannot go a whole season without the spurs, i haven't in 20 years. Let me know if you hear anything, I'm at work, but I'll call time warner and protest this outrage!!!!!!
:lol

Proxy
10-30-2013, 04:10 PM
same for austin... I guess I'll have to find a shitty stream of the game :depressed

deadratsam
10-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Here in Corpus it's the same deal on the channel guide for the other games in the week. But for today's game, as with other KENS games, it will be on kdf ch 13. Maybe the valley has something like that? Like a local channel, not even the local fox affiliate but something under that.

deadratsam
10-30-2013, 04:13 PM
The channel that is showing People's Court right now, and then The Queen Latifah Show

HI-FI
10-30-2013, 04:20 PM
TWC is a fucking mess with Spurs games.

I live north of Austin, basically in between Dallas and SA, so I'm in a dead zone where the TWC menu always says Spurs games for FSSW, yet everytime I click on it, I get Mavs games. What makes things even shittier is that whenever NBA TV broadcasts a Spurs game, it will black out for me because they think I'm already getting a local broadcast, which according to TWC I am, but clearly not.

I was about to shell out for League Pass or stick to more nefarious means, but TWC told me there is a channel that is basically like their advertising channel, and for some reason it plays SD broadcasts of Spurs games. I don't understand it, it's basically informercials nonstop, then Spurs games once in awhile, so that somewhat helps.

Some of you guys should check the FSSW site, I believe they have a map of broadcast zones or they did last time I checked, because TWC can't seem to figure it out.

spurfan 21
10-30-2013, 04:48 PM
league pass is free till Nov. 5. im from Harlingen and have time warner and when spurs games scheduled to broadcast on KENS they don't show it here. so I will be watching it on league pass

DJR210
10-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Directv FTW.

DisAsTerBot
10-30-2013, 04:51 PM
same for austin... I guess I'll have to find a shitty stream of the game :depressed

kbvo on time warner is showing the game in austin

Proxy
10-30-2013, 04:57 PM
kbvo on time warner is showing the game in austin

awesome. thanks, man

TE
10-30-2013, 07:16 PM
FSSW dropping the ball already one game into the season tbh

TE
10-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Like I give a shit about a shitty college football game

Blue Duck
10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Fellow valley dwellers, i think we're in luck, check channel 946 we have the NBA league pass for free right now!!!!

RD2191
10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
bullshit, tbh. weak ass k state

Blue Duck
10-30-2013, 07:32 PM
All TWC subscribers outside of SA the game is continuing on right now on NBA league pass. Down here in the RGV it's channel 947!!!!!!! Get to the choppa now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TE
10-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah it's 947 but its the homer Grizzlies feed. This is BS

Bill_Brasky
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
kbvo ftw

fubarcrew01
10-30-2013, 08:13 PM
It's on 764-1 for Direct TV... Last year I watched about 85% of the season on TWC, now that I dumped them I hope I can get just about as much on Directv

Skull-1
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
It's on 764-1 for Direct TV... Last year I watched about 85% of the season on TWC, now that I dumped them I hope I can get just about as much on Directv

Grizz feed. Sucks.

darkhorsebball
10-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Yeah today's game was on Kens not FSSW but on Nov. 2nd it's on FSSW but it's saying Mavs on the guide. They didn't show the Mavs game today so hopefully that's a sign that the guide is wrong and they will continue showing Spurs games.

Biernutz
10-31-2013, 02:22 AM
TWC sucks!