10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Again.

HI-FI
10-30-2013, 08:05 PM
:lol
Pop trolling ST.

maverick1948
10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Bonner did the job on Zbo. Give him his due.

Brunodf
10-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Shocking

Baam
10-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Makes me want to throw up, disgusting stuff... POP is senile and should have retired...

benefactor
10-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Not surprising. He raped the Grizz last season in the playoffs.

freetiago
10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Well Bonner actually had a good playoff run and he can work vs teams that arent playing smallball
Grizzlies lack of shooters make Bonner an asset since Randolph can easily be helped vs

Floyd Pacquiao
10-30-2013, 08:40 PM
matty is dominating zbo tbh

bklynspursfan
10-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Good god people... How effective was Bonner against the Grizzlies and the Lakers? Obviously, it makes sense he comes in and spreads the floor and now plays respectable defense against Randolph. He is probably more of an advantage against them than Diaw is. So, it's not going to be an every game thing, it will be based off the matchups. You can't argue with the results. It worked in the WCF and it's clearly working tonight.

UZER
10-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Good god people... How effective was Bonner against the Grizzlies and the Lakers? Obviously, it makes sense he comes in and spreads the floor and now plays respectable defense against Randolph. He is probably more of an advantage against them than Diaw is. So, it's not going to be an every game thing, it will be based off the matchups. You can't argue with the results. It worked in the WCF and it's clearly working tonight.

oo hoo hoo yusa smarty pants spursfan.

bklynspursfan
10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
oo hoo hoo yusa smarty pants spursfan.

Wouldn't say that... It's simply common sense.

UZER
10-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't say that... It's simply common sense.

oo hoo hoo yusa simple commen sense spurs fan.

We've thru this Bonner shit over and over and over year after year.

bklynspursfan
10-30-2013, 09:34 PM
oo hoo hoo yusa simple commen sense spurs fan.

We've thru this Bonner shit over and over and over year after year.

Yea, and if you can't see that he improved a helluva lot from 2011 to last years playoffs, I don't really know what to tell you.

UZER
10-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Yea, and if you can't see that he improved a helluva lot from 2011 to last years playoffs, I don't really know what to tell you.

smh

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Who the fuck is he supposed to play? Ayers is D-League level garbage and Baynes still hasn't learned the Spurs system.

RD2191
Who the fuck is he supposed to play? Ayers is a D-League level garbage and Baynes still hasn't learned the Spurs system.
how are they supposed to learn if they never play?:lol

ElNono
Who the fuck is he supposed to play? Ayers is a D-League level garbage and Baynes still hasn't learned the Spurs system.

Diaw?

spursfan1000
10-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Diaw should be the guy,

rayray2k8
10-30-2013, 09:54 PM
fuck my life...

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Diaw?

It's not like Pop sacrificed Diaw's minutes for Bonner. They played the same amount of minutes. Did you expect Diaw to play 40 mins or something? Ayers and Baynes are the only ones losing time to Bonner and neither has done anything of note to take Bonner's spot.

cd021
10-30-2013, 10:02 PM
how are they supposed to learn if they never play?:lol

Practice....

One or both of them will see a good amount of minutes at some point this season. Pop is usually hesitant on playing new players early on, unless their veterans. Baynes & Ayres will play sporadically early on. Bonner won't be in the rotation. Pop ,seldom, used him last season and yet people still complained even though he played his role well.

ElNono
10-30-2013, 10:02 PM
It's not like Pop sacrificed Diaw's minutes for Bonner. They played the same amount of minutes. Did you expect Diaw to play 40 mins or something? Ayers and Baynes are the only ones losing time to Bonner and neither has done anything of note to take Bonner's spot.

Actually, Diaw was backing up Bonner. Bonner played mostly with Ayres and Tiago. And yeah, on a night we're shorthanded with Timmy out, I would expect Diaw to play more.

cd021
10-30-2013, 10:19 PM

I think you're looking into this this games rotation a little more than you should. Randolph isn't the quickest in defending the P&R. Forcing him away 23 feet away from the basket and giving Parker ample room after the screen to get to the rim or find and open Bonner is never a bad thing. Either Parker carves them up or Bonner drains 4 3's in less than 20 minutes. Bonner is still the 10th or 11 man in our rotation. He'll get some burn on any given night for a few minutes.

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Actually, Diaw was backing up Bonner. Bonner played mostly with Ayres and Tiago. And yeah, on a night we're shorthanded with Timmy out, I would expect Diaw to play more.

Diaw did play more. 20 minutes to Bonner's 17 minutes. With Timmy out, it makes even more sense to spread the minutes out among the other bigs.

ElNono
10-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Diaw did play more. 20 minutes to Bonner's 17 minutes. With Timmy out, it makes even more sense to spread the minutes out among the other bigs.

I expect Diaw to play more, as in more minutes than usual. Him getting more minutes than Bonner is a given.

Johnny RIngo
10-30-2013, 10:29 PM
I think you're looking into this this games rotation a little more than you should. Randolph isn't the quickest in defending the P&R. Forcing him away 23 feet away from the basket and giving Parker ample room after the screen to get to the rim or find and open Bonner is never a bad thing. Either Parker carves them up or Bonner drains 4 3's in less than 20 minutes. Bonner is still the 10th or 11 man in our rotation. He'll get some burn on any given night for a few minutes.

I'm not the one complaining about Bonner getting minutes- everybody else is. On a night where TImmy's out with injury, it makes sense to give him time. For some reason, Spurstalk goes crazy anytime he sees the floor.

ElNono
10-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Pop *does* go into this mixing it up mode during the start of the season though.... I don't expect today's rotation or minutes to be indicative of anything...

HI-FI
10-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Practice....

One or both of them will see a good amount of minutes at some point this season. Pop is usually hesitant on playing new players early on, unless their veterans. Baynes & Ayres will play sporadically early on. Bonner won't be in the rotation. Pop ,seldom, used him last season and yet people still complained even though he played his role well.

good point. it wouldn't be ST without wrist cutting or complaining though.

Hoops Czar
10-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Practice....

Ayres is new to the Spurs but both are veteran players. After the preseason Baynes had, I was sure he'd see more paying time than Ayres. I wasn't really thoroughly impressed with Ayres coming into the season and now I'm even less impressed, especially on the defensive end.

ElNono
10-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Pop actually had some nice words about Ayres on the postgame interview... basically saying he got his feet wet with the system and soaked up some valuable minutes. Looks like Pop is going to take it easy with him.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2013, 01:58 AM
This isn't like previous years, to be fair..we've already seen Pop pull Bonner against teams that will exploit him in the playoffs the past 2 years, so I don't mind Pop giving him minutes during the season, tbh..

Spurs only objective during the regular season is to keep Duncan/Manu/Parker fresh, integrate 1 or 2 new guys and implement Leonard as one of the cogs of the system, tbh..

Biernutz
10-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Went to the game tonight and Matt was matched up on their big's. Matt was mixing it
up under the basket and he was pushing some of their big's around. He can bang
with them and he now has a floater,a short jumper and of course the three point shot. He can come
in as a big and still has some offense. I say Matt is a keeper.......

gee
10-31-2013, 02:22 AM
I had a few second rage, but Bonner was good tonight. As long as this is a matchup specific deal and he spends most of the time on the end of the bench its all good.

:lol Baynes amazing preseason
:lol Duncan gone all night
:lol Baynes still doesn't get action until garbage time

weeks
10-31-2013, 02:28 AM
he's finally earned his spot but it is pretty funny to think about how many people have predicted his death
guy has 9 lives and outlasted all sorts of better players