PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Who faces the Spurs in the Finals ?

FkLA
10-30-2013, 08:33 PM
As long as we stay healthy ain't nobody stopping us out West. This is too easy tbh. :lol

Hope it's the Heatles but fatigue might be an issue. Pacers ?

TXstbobcat
10-30-2013, 08:37 PM
I think it will be the heat again.

HI-FI
10-30-2013, 08:39 PM
if Spurs can be healthy, Heat will probably make it out of East, with Wade more run down, less PEDs than before, no Miller, even Manu won't be their MVP since we got Marco.

TE
10-30-2013, 08:41 PM
It's a long season, not making any reservations for this team to return to the finals this soon tbh

KaiRMD1
10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
They are making it to the finals ol' sport. It's been known since the Heat beat them.

ezau
10-30-2013, 09:26 PM
It's way too early to tell, tbh. The thing about the Spurs is you know their ceiling already, which is unlike other Western contenders such as the Rockets, Clippers, and even Thunder. The Spurs' need to be healthy, which is true for all teams, and a little luck to draw the right matchups in the playoffs.

DMC
10-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm guessing it will be the waitress at the Shoney's Big Boy, because that's where they will be watching the game from.

scanry
10-31-2013, 12:11 AM
The Spurs actually breezed past the west conf playoffs last season. I don't think they'll go 12 & 2 again. However the Heat do look shaky with D Wade turning gimpy.

This really reminds me of the 1992-1993 season when MJ was all but gassed. He was lucky he had Scottie as shotgun. Lebron can't say the same tbh.

ezau
10-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Making it to four straight Finals is going to be a huge achievement. It's more than likely for the Heat to reach the Finals this yera, but I'm not sure if they can win another ring.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2013, 12:17 AM
whats the point of being healthy, if ur fake ass leader continues to be outplayed by a scrub?...oh forgot about that other turnover machine

AchillesHeel
10-31-2013, 12:41 AM
Pacers, unless Wade and Bosh go back into 2011 form.

Leon Black
10-31-2013, 12:54 AM
As long as we stay healthy ain't nobody stopping us out West. This is too easy tbh. :lol

Hope it's the Heatles but fatigue might be an issue. Pacers ?

lol "us"

FkLA
10-31-2013, 01:44 AM
Some of yall are cautious which is understandable considered what weve been through the past two years tbh. But like I said as long as we stay healthy we're going all the way. Durant doesnt care if he doesnt win a championship, Chimpbrook might not be the same, we own the Clips and the Grizz since 2010, the Rockets aint going from no playoffs to West champs, we know Achilles cant win without a stacked roster. Whos gonna stop us ?

:flag:

ElNono
10-31-2013, 01:46 AM
the Rockets aint going from no playoffs to West champs

Rockets made the playoffs last season... that first round series is when savior Beverly knocked Westchuck out...

FkLA
10-31-2013, 02:14 AM
Shit, youre right. I love Beverly for that tbh.

DAF86
10-31-2013, 02:20 AM
Only team I fear might have a chance against SA in the West is the Thunder. After that is all easy bussiness.

scanry
10-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Only team I fear might have a chance against SA in the West is the Thunder. After that is all easy bussiness.

Tbh Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Rockets & the Thunder could very well represent the West come June. So i wouldn't jump the gun just yet.

Leon Black
10-31-2013, 04:31 AM
Some of yall are cautious which is understandable considered what weve been through the past two years tbh. But like I said as long as we stay healthy we're going all the way. Durant doesnt care if he doesnt win a championship, Chimpbrook might not be the same, we own the Clips and the Grizz since 2010, the Rockets aint going from no playoffs to West champs, we know Achilles cant win without a stacked roster. Whos gonna stop us ?

:flag:

lol "we"

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2013, 11:14 AM
spurs will never make another finals in the duncan era

cause the weakest link on the team this season are the french, italilan...and the fkn former colonies or affiliated with those 2 countries aka canada...

just dropping a truthbomb on whatever hopes and false dreams these clowns have promised but dont deliver

Katherine Robinson
11-01-2013, 11:29 AM
The Spurs are a young team, another full season after a finals appearance and two deep playoff runs won't be a problem.

Mugen
11-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Tbh Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Rockets & the Thunder could very well represent the West come June.

Not really tbh

JRHernandez88
11-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Tbh Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, Rockets & the Thunder could very well represent the West come June. So i wouldn't jump the gun just yet.
agreed

I think the "machine" is already going for lebron full speed, theyre trying to make him jordan 2.0 and wouldnt doubt if he gets this three-peat.

If Kawhi starts to grow into a real offensive threat this year to make up for the decline of Ginobili and Duncan then i think we could get back to the promised land. If were still healthy and keep the team intact i got our window open till next season.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
agreed

I think the "machine" is already going for lebron full speed, theyre trying to make him jordan 2.0 and wouldnt doubt if he gets this three-peat.

If Kawhi starts to grow into a real offensive threat this year to make up for the decline of Ginobili and Duncan then i think we could get back to the promised land. If were still healthy and keep the team intact i got our window open till next season.

problem is not kawhi picking up the offensive slack, even if he did improve he is not the problem

the problem is the fake ass hero mvp aspirations team leader....dude will not pass the ball, u still remember that 10 straight stupid possessions after seeing duncan put up a monster game running away what looked like fmvp series, only t o see the jealous shit does what he does best, hero mode

whitemamba
11-01-2013, 12:24 PM
If they stay healthy, they have a good shot, although the west is really still up for grabs, but to make it all the way to the finals is going to be rough. I don't know how they can play 82 games and then the playoffs and still have the legs to compete tbh.

lebomb
11-01-2013, 12:24 PM
we blew our last chance for awhile

JRHernandez88
11-01-2013, 12:50 PM
problem is not kawhi picking up the offensive slack, even if he did improve he is not the problem

the problem is the fake ass hero mvp aspirations team leader....dude will not pass the ball, u still remember that 10 straight stupid possessions after seeing duncan put up a monster game running away what looked like fmvp series, only t o see the jealous shit does what he does best, hero mode

hmmm this makes sense

z0sa
11-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Too early to call. The main Heat opponent isnt any one team, it is straight up fatigue/injuries and whether or not they will actually care enough to go all the way again.

Rogue
11-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Spurs have never made the finals two years in a row imho.

ezau
11-02-2013, 10:47 AM
^^ Good point. The odds are against the Spurs this year, but if they stay healthy, which is applicable to all contenders, they have a chance.

FkLA
11-02-2013, 10:54 AM
The nerd ESPN formula has the Spurs at nearly 60% chance to win the title, the Heatles come in second with like 30%.

Duncan was out in '00 and Manu in '08 tbh. Never really had a shot those years, the other two years are two of the top three most painful shots in Spurs history.

JRHernandez88
11-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Leonard vs. George

http://imageshack.us/a/img846/1092/davidsternehhhh.png

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM

Clippers can't play defense, and can't run half court sets. Like Chuck said, they look good on paper, but they aren't.

I've watched the Warriors, and their gameplan is too simplistic. They hoist up 3pt. prayers off of screens, and hope for the best. When they do die by the 3, they turn to Lee, who usually does a good job, but against good defense, he isn't anything special.

Rockets are good, they won't sniff a WCF for another season or two (maybe).

Thunder looks like the only formidable foe, but even then, they're dismal at SG, and they have no playmaking going on.
Against a defense like the Spurs, without good ball movement, they're toast.

I don't see how this season won't end in a Spurs vs. Heat rematch.

Splits
11-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Bulls.