PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Thoughts on my boys in blue from the AAC tonight

Lincoln
10-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Great game tbh. Our offense is gonna be deadly this year with Ellis. That pick and pop with Dirk was very efficient tonight. Dirk had a great game and looks to be in pre 2012 form. He rarely had to work for his shot tonight, just mainly catch and shoot. His 3 ball was great too.

Ellis was money all night with his drives as well as his jumpers and passing the ball. Most explosive player we've had since Devin a few years back. Needs to work on his turnovers tho but a lot of it looked like mistakes because of new teammates and system

Blair...great pickup so far. Great energy and hustle off the bench with some nice baskets too.

Calderon sucked ass shooting the ball but he made plays passing. His d (and ellis') suck ass tho.

Carter chucked a bit too much IMO but he was money and continues to be great off the bench in a maverick uniform.

I'm pleased with dalembert, he can be kinda like what TC was for us. Good rim protector but overall we suck dick defensively because of shitty perimeter play from the guards and our bigs get manhandled down low. We should have a top 5 offense tho.

lefty
10-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Mavs looked solid, tbh, they should be in the conversation for the 5-6 seed IMO..

Vince for 3 million per year is one of the best value contracts in the NBA, too..

td4mvp2k
10-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Lmao @ your boys from da D... U r a POS fan!

Lincoln
10-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Lmao @ your boys from da D... U r a POS fan!

How? I live in DFW you illiterate be@ner

DMC
10-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Muthafuckin' DeJuan Blair beastin' like he always does.

td4mvp2k
10-30-2013, 11:38 PM
How? I live in DFW you illiterate be@nerlmao gtfo fagit... Lol @ fans like u... :lol

Lincoln
10-30-2013, 11:41 PM
lmao gtfo fagit... Lol @ fans like u... :lol

Supporting my hometown team, yeah that is really unbelievable!

Lol you not even knowing how to spell faggot.

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Great game tbh. Our offense is gonna be deadly this year with Ellis. That pick and pop with Dirk was very efficient tonight. Dirk had a great game and looks to be in pre 2012 form. He rarely had to work for his shot tonight, just mainly catch and shoot. His 3 ball was great too.

Ellis was money all night with his drives as well as his jumpers and passing the ball. Most explosive player we've had since Devin a few years back. Needs to work on his turnovers tho but a lot of it looked like mistakes because of new teammates and system

Blair...great pickup so far. Great energy and hustle off the bench with some nice baskets too.

Calderon sucked ass shooting the ball but he made plays passing. His d (and ellis') suck ass tho.

Carter chucked a bit too much IMO but he was money and continues to be great off the bench in a maverick uniform.

I'm pleased with dalembert, he can be kinda like what TC was for us. Good rim protector but overall we suck dick defensively because of shitty perimeter play from the guards and our bigs get manhandled down low. We should have a top 5 offense tho.

Ellis problem was never when he scored, it's when he don't you find shananigans. Blair always had the energy but gets abused by teams with decent backup centers. He regressed so badly.

td4mvp2k
10-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Supporting my hometown team, yeah that is really unbelievable!Lol you not even knowing how to spell faggot.:td go off yoself fagit

Samuel Eto'o
10-30-2013, 11:49 PM
An absolutely stellar write up, Lincoln. Just great stuff as always. Please keep these coming.

Leon Black
10-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Spurs fans were right though…. Blair can't play Defense for shit. Did get some nice offensive rebounds though.

scanry
10-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Them boys in blue played well tonight. Great to see Dirk back and healthy.

scanry
10-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Mark my words, Blair will run out of the rotation like clock work. Very low IQ bb player and i'll bet RC will not be as patient as Pop.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2013, 12:13 AM
dejuan blair is a fkn scrub, mavs will regret signing this clown

just watch his game very carefully especially for defensive rebounds, dude is a fkn scrub i repeat,
- competing for rebounds he would rarely jump or use his full vertical,
- uncontested or whan not a single opponent is next to him, he uses his full vertical and pulls it down like a monster just to show off then gets beat on other rebound....fkn scrub with no effort 100% of the time
- pass it to him and you will never see the ball go out again...

Jacob1983
10-31-2013, 12:58 AM
The Mavs defense will probably be a little shitty this year but if Dirk and Ellis can average 40 to 55 points a game, the Mavs could probably get at least the 6th seed. If Dirk stays healthy and plays like he did before last season started, the Mavs should be in decent shape. Good win for the Mavs.

DAF86
10-31-2013, 02:48 AM
Calderon, Ellis, Dirk, Blair. RC will have to come up with the mother of all zones if he plans to concede less than 110 ppg, tbh.

spurraider21
10-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Spurs fans were right though…. Blair can't play Defense for shit. Did get some nice offensive rebounds though.
shutup faggot

Rogue
10-31-2013, 06:25 AM
I told you guys my nigga blair would turn out to be a great signing tbh.

skmblz
10-31-2013, 07:02 AM
i don't trust ellis... think that's probably rare to see him shoot that well.

Brazil
10-31-2013, 07:30 AM
where the fuck is French Allah tbh ?

Calispursfan11
10-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Muthafuckin' DeJuan Blair beastin' like he always does.

Facetious or did he actually beast tbh? Haven't seen tha box score.

Calispursfan11
10-31-2013, 07:41 AM
I told you guys my nigga blair would turn out to be a great signing tbh.
Seriously, he beasted? He's beasted before for 20 + 10 with the Spurs multiple times but something kept him on the bench notwithstanding. Probably because he's a midget who can't protect the rim for shit.

Phillip
10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
i don't trust ellis... think that's probably rare to see him shoot that well.

to be fair, he is probably getting more open looks than he has ever gotten before, by getting to play with Dirk and Calderon. im sure he will frustrate us at times in the season with bad shooting nights and bad shot selection, but i fully expect his efficiency to be the highest of his career by getting to play with a legit superstar and legit PG.

AchillesHeel
10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
I didn't watch the game live, but caught the recaps and watched the bigger plays on youtube, Mavs really looked solid. I know Ellis and Vince won't always play that great, but the Mavs look a lot better than they did last season, Dirk looks healthy, Calderon was a nice addition, I think they can be a solid playoff playoff team, but it's too early to call, tbh.

Key things will be Dirk's health and Monta's consistency.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2013, 11:25 AM
only time he beasts mode is at whataburger, u have them in dallas?

Sportstudi
10-31-2013, 11:49 AM
where the fuck is French Allah tbh ?

Finally gone.

Sportstudi
10-31-2013, 11:53 AM
dejuan blair is a fkn scrub, mavs will regret signing this clown

just watch his game very carefully especially for defensive rebounds, dude is a fkn scrub i repeat,
- competing for rebounds he would rarely jump or use his full vertical,
- uncontested or whan not a single opponent is next to him, he uses his full vertical and pulls it down like a monster just to show off then gets beat on other rebound....fkn scrub with no effort 100% of the time
- pass it to him and you will never see the ball go out again...

Honestly, I agree. I liked his hustle for grabbing offensive boards, but on the defensive end he didn't do shit. He can't guard anybody, because he's horribly undersized. We really need Wright back as soon as possible to back up Dalembert. Wright isn't massive, but at least he's got length.

Leon Black
10-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Blair played 21 minutes 9 points and 5 rebounds (all offensive)
Got the Mavs much needed second chances but fuck he's unwatchable on defense. Going against an undersized frontline in Atlanta and he still got shitted on.

xellos88330
10-31-2013, 12:12 PM
What do the Mavs say?

angrydude
10-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Mavs looked like they'll score a lot of points. Dirk looks like Dirk.

Defensively though, it's gonna be a layup drill for their opponents.

Lincoln
10-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Blair played 21 minutes 9 points and 5 rebounds (all offensive)
Got the Mavs much needed second chances but fuck he's unwatchable on defense. Going against an undersized frontline in Atlanta and he still got shitted on.

Sup 'raf, you a bulls or mavs fan now

Rogue
11-01-2013, 08:55 AM
at least we're grabbing more rebounds than our opponents thanks to the acquisitions of Dalembert and my nigga Blair, hope we'll keep it up