PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: What's holding the Knicks back?

AussieFanKurt
11-01-2013, 01:57 AM
I don't understand how a wealthy franchise can be so average

ElNono
11-01-2013, 01:59 AM
fatmelo

AchillesHeel
11-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Melo. There's 5 seconds on the clock and they're only down by 1, instead of getting a quick shot inside he dribbles it on the perimeter and waits til the last second to chuck it up, no chance for an offensive rebound or foul to get another chance.

Plus their coach is a N!gger.

KaiRMD1
11-01-2013, 02:02 AM
It's the Knicks ol' sport

racm
11-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Jim Dolan makes Jim Buss look smart.

HI-FI
11-01-2013, 02:54 AM
it is strange how this team could outdo the Lakers if they wanted. Far more passionate fanbase, a better city, and spend just as much....and they ain't got shit to show for it. With good ownership, that team and location could be dangerous. Hopefully though the CBA will continue doing what it do, so that Lakers and Knicks can't spend like they used to. It's already headed in that positive direction.

It's the Knicks ol' sport
scro, you going back to your old style or is the Gatsby schtick permanent?

KaiRMD1
11-01-2013, 03:41 AM
scro, you going back to your old style or is the Gatsby schtick permanent?

Gatsby for this season ol' sport..........with shades of normality

DAF86
11-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Franchise wise I don't know but what holds this specific team down is the stupid offensive execution. In the half court they run isos 90% of the time, it's retardant to watch. If they would run even the most basic of pick and rolls a bit more often they would be considerably better.

JoeTait75
11-01-2013, 06:59 AM
They're like the Cubs of basketball. It's always about the quick fix, never about building for the long term. When was the last time the Knicks actually drafted a great player? Patrick Ewing?

HI-FI
11-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Gatsby for this season ol' sport..........with shades of normality

that's cool man. do what you gotta do.

TE
11-01-2013, 10:55 PM
The coach and Melo.

Kool Bob Love
11-01-2013, 10:59 PM
:crymecca of basketball:cry

Rogue
11-02-2013, 12:36 AM
both NY teams have been disappointing thus far, and the Heat as well.

AchillesHeel
11-02-2013, 01:25 AM
both NY teams have been disappointing thus far, and the Heat as well.

Nets are doing okay, but the Heat are in coasting mode until January. Like last year, their record wasn't that impressive and people kinda lost sight of them and then BOOM Lebron 30 pt 60% FG streak, Wade killing it every night, Heat winning 27 in a row.

HI-FI
11-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Nets are doing okay, but the Heat are in coasting mode until January. Like last year, their record wasn't that impressive and people kinda lost sight of them and then BOOM Lebron 30 pt 60% FG streak, Wade killing it every night, Heat winning 27 in a row.

i don't know scro, I'd be shocked if they are playing at that same level this year. it's a bitch to threepeat, but to go to 4 finals in a row is something else, plus they didn't reload that well. I'm sure all of us will be watching them though, seeing if there is blood in the water.

AchillesHeel
11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
i don't know scro, I'd be shocked if they are playing at that same level this year. it's a bitch to threepeat, but to go to 4 finals in a row is something else, plus they didn't reload that well. I'm sure all of us will be watching them though, seeing if there is blood in the water.

This is true, and no one has gone to 4 straight Finals for the last 24-25 years.

But the problem is, Lebron is still pretty young and better than in his Cavs days (not athletically, but skill-wise).

I think making the Finals won't be that hard, their only real opponents in the East are the Pacers, tbh, and if their big 3 manages to stay healthy, they can get back to the Finals, but it will be a little harder than last year.

I think Lebron will do enough to get back to the Finals, I'm not sure if they have anything left once they reach there, though.