PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Would anyone really take D12 over Duncan even at this point?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Tbh?

Killakobe81
11-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Duncan can't grab 26 boards anymore but his counter post moves are still better than Dwight's primary. But if I were a team like heat okc I would want Tim. But if rox Gstate clips rather have Dwight.

Robz4000
11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
If I were the Clippers I'd take TD over Howard, but if I were the Heat I'd take Howard.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2013, 05:34 PM
If I were the Clippers I'd take TD over Howard, but if I were the Heat I'd take Howard.

Homerism aside. There isn't an NBA franchise that wouldn't take Howard over Duncan. Who's going to sign up for a couple years of Duncan when they can have 10+ years of D12?

DMC
11-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Now what about Kobe and Lebron? lol

What does it say about TD in his elderly years that he's still an asset comparable to the best center in the league?

Robz4000
11-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Homerism aside. There isn't an NBA franchise that wouldn't take Howard over Duncan. Who's going to sign up for a couple years of Duncan when they can have 10+ years of D12?

Getting Howard would be a lateral move for the Clippers for the most part tbh. Duncan adds the championship experience, elite two-way play, and a winners mentality that would get them over the hump; Howard would just be another headache for them. The Heat on the other hand have the championship experience and don't have the young players who could be wrongly influenced by Howard. I'd also argue that Duncan would be a better fit than Howard in GS, but we all know Howard would've fit right in there with Mark Jackson where they could share their bible thumping ways.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
There are some out there for sure. I agree with what some above have said. A team with championship talent but no championship pedigree, a team most definitely in "win now" mode would go for Tim but there's probably not more than 4 or 5 teams in the league that fit that bill at all.

Arnold Toht
11-01-2013, 05:50 PM
2013 Duncan: F.L.U.K.E.

Kool Bob Love
11-01-2013, 05:52 PM
GODuncan tbh.

Katherine Robinson
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Tim Duncan for a title run or two, Dwight for future building.

Hoops Czar
11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Getting Howard would be a lateral move for the Clippers for the most part tbh. Duncan adds the championship experience, elite two-way play, and a winners mentality that would get them over the hump; Howard would just be another headache for them. The Heat on the other hand have the championship experience and don't have the young players who could be wrongly influenced by Howard. I'd also argue that Duncan would be a better fit than Howard in GS, but we all know Howard would've fit right in there with Mark Jackson where they could share their bible thumping ways.

Team's looking for that one last championship before blowing things up might take a flyer on Duncan. However, most teams aren't looking for a quick fix and would sacrifice a year or two now to have 5 or 6 good years in the future. There may be a championship calibre team, knowing the end is near, that chooses Duncan over Howard (ie. 2011 Boston Celtics). But, I'm hard pressed to find that team this year. The Clips and Warriors are probably two teams that would choose youth over championship pedigree because neither of those teams are dropping out of contention anytime soon. You have to crawl before you can walk. Both those teams are making strides in the right direction. With each play-off berth, they're gaining experience.

We all know Howard is a mental midget. Part of the problem is he needs a hard-nosed coach like Pop or Jackson to keep him on the straight and narrow. Unfortunately for him, he was saddled with a couple of losers in Van Gundy and D'antoni, neither of which, did him any favors.

Raven
11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
pretty shitty question imho.

mystargtr34
11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I think the point of the thread was teams would take Duncan right now for one season.. Which says a lot about Duncan.. and says a lot about Dwight.

I feel right now Duncan is still the better player. but no franchise takes Duncan over Howard of we are talking past one season.

Thebesteva
11-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Depends on if I could sign Howard to a 6 year contract

Rogue
11-01-2013, 08:16 PM
career-wise I'd take Tim anyday and I'm not homosexual, but at this point of time D12 is certainly more appealing imho. Duncan is already 37yr old or something and I doubt he can play past his 40th birthday, while D12 still has at least 5 more years to play at his current level or similar, imho.

KaiRMD1
11-01-2013, 08:42 PM
If Howard could sweep the past under the rug and not beg for any attention, perhaps

Raven
11-01-2013, 08:49 PM
edit