PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of patty mills :)

jkid12456
11-02-2013, 12:17 AM
so do u want patty to be back up pg,, and do u think hes a cute little pest on the court??

his shaved head helped him :)??

SPIDER2311
11-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Patty didn't have his best night, but what I like with him is he still tries 120% even when things aren't going his way. Patty looks completely in control, we couldn't say that last year. He defence looks better, never will be a super defender but it has improved over the off season. Overall he is making strides and doesn't look lost against opposition back up pg. he will have his ups and downs

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 12:35 AM
He sucked tonight.

He sometimes looks like Mills though tbh. :lol

Boomersgold
11-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Refer to this thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224088&p=6911112#post6911112

His 1-on-1 defense looked to be much better than it was last season. He had wide open layups and shots, but missed them, which made him ineffective on the offensive end. It's all a confidence issue for Patty. Hard to keep your confidence when your coach shuffles you in and out of the backup spot, and you don't get consistent minutes.

objective
11-02-2013, 01:17 AM
bad defender who gets sent flying whenever the ballhandler initiates contact. Real bad, can't even stay with guys.

he's so bad that I'd rather see Joseph get the back-up minutes next game.

T Park
11-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Looks like a thinner balder Patty Mills. Same bad defender, same shooting guard Ina. Points body. Corey Joseph not getting time is ridiculous.

Boomersgold
11-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Looks like a thinner balder Patty Mills. Same bad defender, same shooting guard Ina. Points body. Corey Joseph not getting time is ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous? Patty earned minutes by outplaying Cojo in the preseason. He played a huge roll in our win against the grizzlies (with Parker not showing up in the first half), and had an off game tonight. He also fits better with Manu and Bellineli.

99 Problems
11-02-2013, 02:15 AM
He's in control playing within himself, looking after the rock. Who taught him to play D? His D has improved 75% since end of last season.

racm
11-02-2013, 02:36 AM
His shaved head makes him more aerodynamic tbh.

xmas1997
11-02-2013, 08:24 AM
His shaved head makes him more aerodynamic tbh.

:lol
Looks like backup PG by committee.

Texas_Ranger
11-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Would make a good shooting guard if he was bigger. I'd still put him in a trade package with Cojo and De Colo for a decent backup PG that can actually run a play.

JRHernandez88
11-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Would make a good shooting guard if he was bigger. I'd still put him in a trade package with Cojo and De Colo for a decent backup PG that can actually run a play.

this here

tesseractive
11-02-2013, 11:48 AM

With Manu and Belinelli on the second unit, it matters a lot less if he can run a play. If he can continue to hit his shots and stays on the Matt Bonner defense plan (will never be great, but actively working to improve and make the most of his limited potential) and not the Gary Neal plan (what is this "defense" you speak of?), he's a pretty decent guy to have for cheap.

But yeah, I agree that it would be great to have a real backup point on the roster.

Stabula
11-02-2013, 05:49 PM
I think Mills is perfect for the second unit. A traditional point guard isn't really needed for that unit.

T Park
11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
How is it ridiculous? Patty earned minutes by outplaying Cojo in the preseason. He played a huge roll in our win against the grizzlies (with Parker not showing up in the first half), and had an off game tonight. He also fits better with Manu and Bellineli.

When you get the patty mills glasses off then when we can have a discussion.

DJR210
11-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I think he is a nice guy. Funny, great attitude.