PDA

View Full Version : Vets in SA.

Duff McCartney
07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew of any vets that are pretty good. I ask because my dog Blondie is pregnant again and she'll be giving birth in about another month and a few weeks.

So I just want to know a good place where I could take the puppies after six weeks to get them vaccinated. I already know angel_luv wants one of the puppies so I want to know where you take your animals.

I know someone that works at the one on Perrin Beitel and says they have 50 dollar vaccination packs.

But right now I'm just waiting and I gotta start building a whelping box in a few weeks.

Shelly
07-25-2005, 10:18 PM
After she gives birth, get her fixed!

I take my dog to Affordable Vet Care on Grissom.

Guru of Nothing
07-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew of any vets that are pretty good.

Try the VA hospital.

Clandestino
07-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Try the VA hospital.
that is what i thought when i clicked on the thread.. :lmao

but check out babcock north vet hospital at babcock and huebner... they are really cool there...

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Ingram Park Animal Hospital and Dr. Bortle.

Great people.

cmc$purs
07-26-2005, 07:28 AM
God damn I love dogs.

Fredericksburg Road Hospital is where I take my dogs. They're very friendly and one of the vets is hot.

best vet in town doc granberry :spin

Bandit2981
07-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I used to work at Alamo Heights Pet Clinic for 2 years, and Dr. Kirby is one of the best. He has his own radio show too :lol

desflood
07-26-2005, 09:06 AM
I second Ingram Park.

AlamoSpursFan
07-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Dr. Deason in Floresville has pulled two of my dogs back from death's doorstep.

One that was mauled by a neighbor dog (I'll just call him Prestone), and one that ingested the stuffing from a "dog toy" and had to have several inches of intestine removed.

He's not in SA, but he's a damn good vet.

midgetonadonkey
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm glad somebody brought this up. I'm moving to San Antonio in 2 weeks and need to find a vet for my dogs.

Shelly
07-26-2005, 09:30 AM
My dog had completely chewed through rubber dog toys. Luckily, she barfed them back up, but still....

Are you going to get her fixed, Duff?

AlamoSpursFan
07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
I never realized a rubber chew toy was full of stuffing, but this one was. He swallowed a bunch of it and it got impacted in his intestines. Something to think about if your dog starts chewing through his toys.

Duff McCartney
07-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Also, if you dont have plans for them yet, I'd love to adopt one if she has a lot of them.

I'd let you adopt them and the adoption "fee" would just be to pay for them to get vaccinated. But the odds are she won't have alot, last time she got pregnant, which I posted pictures of, she only had two puppies. She's not a big dog so I doubt she'll have alot.

Duff McCartney
07-26-2005, 11:12 AM
My dog had completely chewed through rubber dog toys. Luckily, she barfed them back up, but still....

Are you going to get her fixed, Duff?

Yeah I think after the next time. I'm gonna breed her with my cousins dog who looks exactly like her so the puppies will come out good.

But if I don't do that, I'll get her fixed because I know later in life it causes cancer for the dogs.

angel_luv
07-26-2005, 11:16 AM
As I already told you, I am family friends with several exellent vets. I will introduce you to one or all of them anytime you want. =)

I don;t know if it is cheaper than 50 dollars but I know they would take good care of Lyla.

Jimcs50
07-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I ask because my dog Blondie is pregnant again and she'll be giving birth in about another month and a few weeks.

So, Shawn Kemp is in San Antonio afterall?