PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Charles/Alex Smith

Avante
11-02-2013, 12:50 AM
No running back in pro football history compares to this.

....when it comes to average per carry over a career. Not even Jim Brown or Barry Sanders can match that.

Charles came out of Texas as a 10.18 sprinter, only Texas A&M's Curtis Dickey and his world ranking 10.10 is faster among NFL running backs. Charles game is speed.

Can a team with just a stud back and defense win a Superbowl in today's QB driven league? Can a game manager like Alex Smith win it all? Well Trent Dilfer did.

I've always believed that a good team that ran the ball/stuffed the run and won the turnover battle could win in the NFL. You didn't need that "great" QB. But if we look at the top teams in the league right now they all have that great QB except KC.

The Chiefs have been lucky lately, which is understandable, all these teams have that...huh?..game. I'm not the only one who thinks the Bills knock them off this week. But that means little in the grand scheme of things. They all lose.

Alex Smith wins football games, he has proven that, no other QB has won more in the last three seasons. He plays smart football. Now add that stud D/running back. While they might not win it all in 2013, they most certainly have to be considered a potential SB team.

GoodOdor
11-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Avante is an old faggot.

Avante
11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
translation

So just who are the fastest running backs ever in the NFL?

No problem slick.

Curtis Dickey 10.10
Jamaal Charles 10.18
Herschel Walker 10.23 Georgia
Travis Williams 9.3 ASU
O.J.Simpson 9.4 USC
Eric Dickerson 9.4 SMU
Ollie Matson Olympic 400m medalist U of SF
Buddy Young NCAA/AAU 100 yard champion Illinois
Cyril Pinder 9.4 Illinois
Joe Delaney 9.4 NWLa
Napolean Kaufman Cali State 100m Champion Washington
Justin Fargas Cali State 100m Champion USC
Reggie Bush 10.4 USC
Javid Best Cali State 100m Champion Cal
James Owens 13.4 hurdler UCLA
Chris Johnson 4.2 40 Eastern Carolina
Bo Jackson 10.33 Auburn
Warren McVea 9.5 Houston
Marcus Dupree 9.5 Oklahoma
Tony Dorsett 9.5 Pitt
Gale Sayers 24-11 HS long jumper Kansas
Amos Marsh 9.5 Oregon
Billy Cannon 9.5 LSU....a white cat...Heisman winner

Stone Johnson was a 9.3 guy and a world record 200m man who ran in the 1960 Olympics, he was out of Grambling. Due to an injury sustained in a preseason game, he died.

This is how I;m going to start dealing with the punk kids here.

If ya wanna talk serious football, cool~~~~~~~

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:01 AM
:lol Old faggot playing the Dilfer card when the league has changed since 2000.... bottom line is, Smith's going to need either get insane amounts of luck and favorable matchups or stop being such a pussy game manager if he ever wants to win a Super Bowl....

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:05 AM
:lol Old faggot playing the Dilfer card when the league has changed since 2000.... bottom line is, Smith's going to need either get insane amounts of luck and favorable matchups or stop being such a pussy game manager if he ever wants to win a Super Bowl....

Dumdass still thinking a running game/stud defense aren't what solid teams are built around.

Pay attention...

If you can't run the ball you are in 3rd and long constantly, now tell me dummy what does a defense do now? If you have a running game you are in third and 3 now what can a D do, yep....guess. Like talking to a little kid.

If ya don't have a stud D, you have to score 30 points to win a game.

Is this little shit for real?

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Solid teams might be built around that, but championship teams are built around an elite quarterback and a pass rush, tbh....

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Solid teams might be built around that, but championship teams are built around an elite quarterback and a pass rush, tbh....

I bet you think Eli Manning was an elite QB don't ya?

A guy with less than 10 NFL games and Joe Flacco played in last seasons SB, what did both teams do? Where were...

Tom Brady
Dree Brees
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:12 AM
I bet you think Eli Manning was an elite QB don't ya?
He's certainly played like one in the postseason, tbh.... I'd rather take my chances with Eli in a must-win playoff game over Alex Smith....

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:15 AM
He's certainly played like one in the postseason, tbh.... I'd rather take my chances with Eli in a must-win playoff game over Alex Smith....

Eli got really really lucky and we all know it.

Alex Smith has come on while Eli is fading.

ShinerBlack
11-02-2013, 02:16 AM
I said before the season started I thought their celing would be the conference finals. however I hope they prove me wrong and take the whole thing. As far as the qb goes, they don't need him to be elite,they just need him to be decent. It would help if he could go deep every once in a while, but I think the coaching staff has come up with a scheme that hides Smith's inadequacies. He's not making mistakes. Having said all that, their next 4 games could spell disaster for them. Gotta prove that 8-0 start wasn't a fluke.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Eli got really really lucky and we all know it.
Nah, he was fucking clutch and earned those rings, actually....

Alex Smith has come on while Eli is fading.
The Chiefs' offense is mediocre at best thanks to Smith's pussy game-managing ways, it's their defense that has been dominant against a weak early schedule, tbh....

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:20 AM
I said before the season started I thought their celing would be the conference finals. however I hope they prove me wrong and take the whole thing. As far as the qb goes, they don't need him to be elite,they just need him to be decent. It would help if he could go deep every once in a while, but I think the coaching staff has come up with a scheme that hides Smith's inadequacies. He's not making mistakes. Having said all that, their next 4 games could spell disaster for them. Gotta prove that 8-0 start wasn't a fluke.

I'd get McCluster more involved, the guy is explosive.

I agree the next month will tell us a lot about the Chiefs. I do see them splitting with Denver. But do believe they must have that Arrowhead advantage in the playoffs.

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Nah, he was fucking clutch and earned those rings, actually....

The Chiefs' offense is mediocre at best thanks to Smith's pussy game-managing ways, it's their defense that has been dominant against a weak early schedule, tbh....

Well actually if Williams doesn't fumble...twice and Tyree doesn't make the catch of all catchs......

You do know that Smith doesn't call the plays...right....honest!

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Well actually if Williams doesn't fumble...twice and Tyree doesn't make the catch of all catchs......
You could use the "what-if" excuse against any Super Bowl-winning quarterback if you tried hard enough.... bottom line is, he delivered when called upon....

You do know that Smith doesn't call the plays...right....honest!
You do know that his crippling fear of the deep ball severely limits his teams' offenses, right?

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:29 AM
You could use the "what-if" excuse against any Super Bowl-winning quarterback if you tried hard enough.... bottom line is, he delivered when called upon....

You do know that his crippling fear of the deep ball severely limits his teams' offenses, right?

That's just it we don't have to try at all with Eli, it's real obvious he got lucky.

I agree it would help if they could back those safties up. That helps the running game and all facets of an offense.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:31 AM
You insisting he got lucky doesn't mean it was all luck, just like how you insisting you can outrun Peyton Hillis despite being senile and obese doesn't make it true :lol

ShinerBlack
11-02-2013, 02:35 AM
I'd get McCluster more involved, the guy is explosive.

I agree the next month will tell us a lot about the Chiefs. I do see them splitting with Denver. But do believe they must have that Arrowhead advantage in the playoffs.

Yeah homefield is a must. Those fans are taking it to a whole other level this season.

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:35 AM
You insisting he got lucky doesn't mean it was all luck, just like how you insisting you can outrun Peyton Hillis despite being senile and obese doesn't make it true :lol

Dude, we saw a football actually stick to a helmet, I'm talking weird. Take that freakishnes away and the Niners don't fumble the game away and how many SB's does Eli have?

Dude, why do you always talk about shit you know...ZERO...about? Nobody is senile/obese, what it is is an x sprinter who still is fast as ever who would smoke a slow fuck like Peyton Hillis, the guy is slow.

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Yeah homefield is a must. Those fans are taking it to a whole other level this season.

Even if the Chiefs don't pull it off this season, imagine a good draft and a couple big free agent signings.

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:43 AM
True story....

My two fav teams have always been the Niners and the Chiefs, yep...NFC/AFC. Well I go to this yardsale (months ago) and buy this dice/table top football game. Yep that ABBA game for three bucks. Well ya get two free team (have to order any others) sets, but since the box was taped shut and I didn't really care.

I get it home open the box, now what two team set stats did I get, yep...Niners vs Chiefs.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Dude, we saw a football actually stick to a helmet, I'm talking weird. Take that freakishnes away and the Niners don't fumble the game away and how many SB's does Eli have?
Maybe if Smith and his offense didn't choke on third down (1-13), that game wouldn't have come down to a fumble, tbh.... of course, that would have required Smith to play like an elite quarterback and not a pussy game manager, tbh....

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Maybe if Smith and his offense didn't choke on third down (1-13), that game wouldn't have come down to a fumble, tbh.... of course, that would have required Smith to play like an elite quarterback and not a pussy game manager, tbh....

Actually..two...fumbles and no the Niners really didn't have to do anything but hang on to the ball and they win that game. We all know that.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:46 AM
As for the Helmet Catch, it was a phenomenal catch by Tyree, but that play doesn't happen without Eli escaping from Thomas, Green, and Seymour and buying just enough time to make the throw, tbh....

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:47 AM
Actually..two...fumbles and no the Niners really didn't have to do anything but hang on to the ball and they win that game. We all know that.
All Alice needed to do was grow a pair and not choke on third down and the Niners likely win, tbh....

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:48 AM
As for the Helmet Catch, it was a phenomenal catch by Tyree, but that play doesn't happen without Eli escaping from Thomas, Green, and Seymour and buying just enough time to make the throw, tbh....

A desperation pass and a phenomenal catch.....what are the odds?

ShinerBlack
11-02-2013, 02:49 AM

Safe to say you have no love for Alex Smith, huh CN?

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:49 AM
All Alice needed to do was grow a pair and not choke on third down and the Niners likely win, tbh....

What game did you watch? Williams simply fields the ball the Niners win.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:50 AM
I don't really care too much about him normally, but Avante's been slurping him for over a year now and is trying to shit on a proven champion like Eli to somehow elevate Smith :lol

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:50 AM

He doesn't know much about football bro, as you can see.

Avante
11-02-2013, 02:52 AM
I don't really care too much about him normally, but Avante's been slurping him for over a year now and is trying to shit on a proven champion like Eli to somehow elevate Smith :lol

How about telling it like it really is, ya reckon?

Clipper Nation
11-02-2013, 02:52 AM
What game did you watch? Williams simply fields the ball the Niners win.
Once again, Kyle Williams would have remained mostly anonymous had Smith and the offense done better than 1-13 on third down.... just because it came down to special teams (as a result of the offense's choking) doesn't mean it had to play out that way, tbh....

Avante
11-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Once again, Kyle Williams would have remained mostly anonymous had Smith and the offense done better than 1-13 on third down.... just because it came down to special teams (as a result of the offense's choking) doesn't mean it had to play out that way, tbh....

Bottom line is this, cat doesn't fumble the Niners are in the SB.

benefactor
11-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Avante is an old faggot.
Solid take, tbh.