PDA

View Full Version : Manu is playing well in the 2013-14 season

FuzzyLumpkins
11-02-2013, 07:06 AM
His jump shot is back. People complained last season about his TO and deservedly so but the biggest regression I saw was in his outside shot. It completely escaped him. He is getting a fair amount of layups but he is hitting enough of his jumpshots to be shooting over 50%.

He also seems better able to get to the rim. We did not see it so much vs the Lakers but against the Grizzlies who employ good perimeter defense he got several layups. He is able to get a step on guys if the try to play in his face or fight over screens. He wasn't doing that at all last year.

As for the turnovers, they are down. We are just going to have to live with the occasional bounce pass into the interior being picked off but at the same time his game is well rounded enough again that he is not forcing those types of passes tinky winky style. That has led to a robust 4:1 assist ratio.

We are never going to see the quick physical defender that Manu was before 2008 again but I think coming off the bench he can excel. So far he has done just that.

will_spurs
11-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Hopefully he gets 2 months of vacation before the playoffs... OH WAIT!

SanDiegoSpursFan
11-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Through 2 games it looks like he's slowed down his game a lot. He isn't attacking recklessly as much so far, which is really good because he can't really play that way anymore. All his drives usually have a pretty empty lane, he isn't trying to beat 2 defenders with his athleticism so far. But it's only 2 games and neither of the teams are as quick as the Heat.

xmas1997
11-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Beli has provided enough help so that Manu doesn't have to force issues thankfully.
And then when Mills is in there it forces the defense to defend Manu one on one or lay off Mills to double team Manu and opening up Mills for a 3.
Pick their poison.

racm
11-02-2013, 08:43 AM
I think the rest that he took during the offseason by choosing to decline joining Argentina for FIBA Americas helped him a lot. Not only to refresh and heal him, but to make him reflect on his play.

He couldn't string together a really healthy stretch last season barring a period leading to Restgate, and couldn't really get healthy after that.

JRHernandez88
11-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Manu is looking good to start the season :downspin: That was a clutch play last night to seal the win too. He is looking way more confident this year...

SpursRock20
11-02-2013, 11:28 AM
I agree. This season his decisions seem much more calculated. He isn't trying to force anything but rather, he's letting the game come to him. It seems like he has noticed that he can no longer play as reckless as he once was, and it's paying off. His turnovers are down and his field goal percentage is up. He looks great out there.

spurraider21
11-02-2013, 11:29 AM
RIP 100mph bumper car manu

tmtcsc
11-02-2013, 11:29 AM
If by 2013-2014 season you mean 2 games...then yes, "Manu is playing well..".

Diego20
11-02-2013, 12:56 PM
If by 2013-2014 season you mean 2 games...then yes, "Manu is playing well..".

What would have happened if Manu played bad this 2 games? All you manu haters would say "he's playing bad this season". So yes, he's playing well.

mute
11-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Are you guys serious? You realize that by putting the ball in Manu's hand (regardless if he has 8 turnovers) you are actually reducing the total amount of turnovers right? Manu is the only guy with the handles and size that can actually break a trap and dribble away. Sure, he turned it over a ton, but if you had it in Neal's or
Green's hands or whatever, we'd had 12 turnovers instead of 8.

Johnny RIngo
11-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Are you guys serious? You realize that by putting the ball in Manu's hand (regardless if he has 8 turnovers) you are actually reducing the total amount of turnovers right? Manu is the only guy with the handles and size that can actually break a trap and dribble away. Sure, he turned it over a ton, but if you had it in Neal's or
Green's hands or whatever, we'd had 12 turnovers instead of 8.

Which is why SA fans wanted the front office to address the backup PG problem. Instead, they signed Neal 2.0(at 3x what Neal cost last year) and a D-League quality big man in Ayres.

Baam
11-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Premature ejaculators should have learned their lesson after the Finals...

Johnny RIngo
11-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah, Manu's been pretty good so far. But he also looked good at last year's Olympics and then the injuries started piling up and robbed him of his usefulness. Still in wait-and-see mode where Ginobili's concerned.

mute
11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I actually have no problem going down swinging last year with Manu. He's our guy, and you live and die by him. He's the only one with the experience, confidence, handles, and size to break traps. Parker's too small, Green can't dribble, Neal is too small, and all of the other guys on the bench would go MIA.

eDizzle20
11-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Manu is driving too the bucket a lot more than he did last year. That alone I consider to be the biggest positive.

KL2
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM
It's too bad he's going to get injured.

tmtcsc
11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
What would have happened if Manu played bad this 2 games? All you manu haters would say "he's playing bad this season". So yes, he's playing well.

First, I'm not a Manu hater. Second, you are correct. The prevailing opinion in this forum would be that he's toast and hasn't improved from the nightmare of the Finals if he had played poorly.

I actually found myself hoping Manu would be put back in the game when he was on the bench. That was a great sign. Not sure he missed a FT either. All good signs thus far.

But lets be realistic here. Let's see what he looks like at the All Star game.

hooperflash
11-02-2013, 03:20 PM
It's been a joy to watch, last year was his wake up call :
Essentially - I'm no longer invincible, I need to work harder .

Whisky Dog
11-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Lets see, he had July, August, and September off so shut him down on January 31st and we're golden by late April.

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 07:11 PM
First, I'm not a Manu hater. Second, you are correct. The prevailing opinion in this forum would be that he's toast and hasn't improved from the nightmare of the Finals if he had played poorly.

I actually found myself hoping Manu would be put back in the game when he was on the bench. That was a great sign. Not sure he missed a FT either. All good signs thus far.

But lets be realistic here. Let's see what he looks like at the All Star game.How about let's see how he looks in the final game of the playoffs...? I agree with you. Let's not get insane over two games. It is way too early to call this a trend IMHO.

Plum Island
11-02-2013, 07:17 PM
How about let's see how he looks in the final game of the playoffs...? I agree with you. Let's not get insane over two games. It is way too early to call this a trend IMHO.

Yup.
I love the guy, but you have to wait to see what kind of performance he's going to be able to put up at the very end.

The season is Looooooooooong and many things can happen between the now and then.

GrandeDavid
11-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Two games in. It's a long season. Hopefully his health holds up and fatigue isn't a factor come playoffs.

Plum Island
11-02-2013, 07:54 PM
That's the inherent problem with following a perennial contender-

The regular season- the Journey is more of a chore,

More of a wait-and-see than it is for an up and coming team whose regular season is all about the excitement of the wins they wouldn't used to get.

Fans of the Spurs have to wait. We know they'll win their share of games.

It's about who's healthy at the end, who is playing well and who are their matchups.

It's dual-edged blade.

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 07:59 PM
How about let's see how he looks in the final game of the playoffs...? I agree with you. Let's not get insane over two games. It is way too early to call this a trend IMHO.
Your shtick never gets old. Same tired old shit, different day. Lies all over the place because your agenda never stops.

Axegrinder
11-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Your shtick never gets old. Same tired old shit, different day. Lies all over the place because your agenda never stops.HYPOCRITE

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 08:53 PM
HYPOCRITE
lmao, Axegrinder, Skull-1, and TheGreatYacht = The Moron Brigade. :lol

Axegrinder
11-02-2013, 08:57 PM
..says the dolt that's not even smart enough to realize he does the EXACT same shit that he's admonishing another poster for. Typical hypocritical troll. Do Nandos nuts taste like escargo?

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 08:59 PM
..says the dolt that's not even smart enough to realize he does the EXACT same shit that he's admonishing another poster for. Typical hypocritical troll. Do Nandos nuts taste like escargo?
What would a troll be if not hypocritical, tbh?

Axegrinder
11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
In your case, would have to add homosexual

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 09:12 PM
In your case, would have to add homosexual
LOL, homophobic gringo Murcan is pathetic.

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Your shtick never gets old. Same tired old shit, different day. Lies all over the place because your agenda never stops.

Show me a lie, ahole.

Stfu jerk.

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I actually have no problem going down swinging last year with Manu. He's our guy, and you live and die by him. He's the only one with the experience, confidence, handles, and size to break traps. Parker's too small, Green can't dribble, Neal is too small, and all of the other guys on the bench would go MIA.

Size to break traps, but only the skills to pass the ball to Miami when trapped, tbf.

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
lmao, PlayNando, Blake, FuzzyForeskins = The Moron Brigade. :lol

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:09 PM

:lmao

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
LOL, homophobic gringo Murcan is pathetic.

LOL, inbred/backward/jealous third world puto is pathetic.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Four straight posts in a row. You ever get tired of playing with yourself bro?

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Four straight posts in a row. You ever get tired of playing with yourself bro?

I work so the government can overtax me to pay for your welfare. Thus, you are able to spread your posts out over 24 hours while sitting on your unemployed ass. I cram my posts in during the limited time I have when I am not actively managing a multi-million dollar operation or being a good dad to my kids. YMMV, bitch.

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I work so the government can overtax me to pay for your welfare. Thus, you are able to spread your posts out over 24 hours while sitting on your unemployed ass. I cram my posts in during the limited time I have when I am not actively managing a multi-million dollar operation or being a good dad to my kids. YMMV, bitch.
:lol

In your dreams.

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:31 PM

In your dreams.

You are right. The jets I fly are only a million bucks each, not 34 million, and they run on water, which Michelle Obama has certified as free.

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 10:33 PM
You are right. The jets I fly is only a million bucks each, not 34 million, and they run on water, which Michelle Obama has certified as free.
And I'm François Hollande. What's your point? :lol

Jwash_1986
The dam season just started. As soon as he has a bad game all the "Manu sucks" or "Manu needs to retire" threads will be popping up. I don't know why people cant just sit back and enjoy the ride.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

In college so that wall of text is irrelevant. Nice try faggot

btw so you're the manger for food lion? Grats bro hahahahaha

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:34 PM
And I'm François Hollande. What's your point? :lol

You made it. I knew you were an idiot. Now the reason is obvious.

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
You made it. I knew you were an idiot. Now the reason is obvious.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 10:46 PM
In college so that wall of text is irrelevant. Nice try faggot

btw so you're the manger for food lion? Grats bro hahahahaha

Laughing at the subsidized douche getting an "education" who has zero concept of taxation/redistribution. Moron.

Jet airplanes = Grocery stores. Flight department manager = Store manager.

Uh....okay....

Glad to see that college is teaching you to be a flicking idiot. Well, reinforcing your genetic defect any way....

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Show me a lie, ahole.
This post:

And we all know it.

:lol :lol :lol

:lol lies about his personal success so he can feel better about himself on an internet forum :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Laughing at the subsidized douche getting an "education" who has zero concept of taxation/redistribution. Moron.

Jet airplanes = Grocery stores. Flight department manager = Store manager.

Uh....okay....

Glad to see that college is teaching you to be a flicking idiot. Well, reinforcing your genetic defect any way....

Tl;dr

Does anyone actually believe this guy is older than 15 tbh?

TMTTRIO
11-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Sometimes I still wished Manu just retired so we could forget about him with all of these new threads and all of the Manu haters would finally quiet down. Of course there's a whole lot more of them this year.

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Too stupid, can't read.

Does anyone actually believe this guy is older than 15 tbh?

Does anyone believe this moron is in college when he keeps saying "tl;dr" when the proper use is "ts:cr"?

Learn the diff between ; and : you flicking moronic turd (beyond your mental ineptitude of course).

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Sometimes I still wished Manu just retired so we could forget about him with all of these new threads and all of the Manu haters would finally quiet down. Of course there's a whole lot more of them this year.

Because he sucked a whole lot more LAST year. I told everyone how clutch he was and he shat himself. I thought I was the last true believer but the Finals showed I wasn't. You morons cling to him like a fly on dog poop....

hater
11-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I agree. Manu is playing ok so far. and everytime Manu + Marco are on the floor it's a sight to see imo

Marco might just save ginobili's patrimony

ElNono
11-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Another fairly solid game... on a back to back, no less...

TheGoldStandard
11-02-2013, 11:40 PM
These are not the droids you're looking for

Skull-1
11-02-2013, 11:55 PM
These are not the droids you're looking for
:lmao

ElNono
11-03-2013, 12:02 AM
It's also good to see Pop trusts him as usual... not that it was ever in doubt... hopefully he can keep producing at a good rate... I'm with hater on him and Belli probably making a good duo together...

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Show me a lie, ahole.

Stfu jerk.

Okay

The guy obviously doesn't know my professional background--military and civilian--education, current trade and responsibilities, nor the social circles I orbit within (or have orbited in my past). That's why he laughs at the notion that I shake hands with entertainers, world leaders from American Presidents to Saudi Royalty, sports icons, religious leaders of supposed high repute, astronauts, engineers, members of the Mars Rover Mission, writers, you name it. He calls that a mental disorder but I assure you, lifting Stephen Hawking into a G450 is not delusion--it is hard work involving dozens of people and I have done it repeatedly.

So what?

I hold an Apostle in higher esteem than any of the Presidents I have made laugh or shaken hands with.

But the picture on my desk from one of my moonwalker friends is real, as is the hardcover publisher copy of my first novel, neither of which matter. Both will be dust and "there will be no remembrance" (Eccl 1).

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Another fairly solid game... on a back to back, no less...

As long as that shot falls at a decent clip hes gtg.