PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite spur?

apalisoc_9
11-02-2013, 08:05 PM
I saw a thread a week ago with link to SI, but I figured ST would probably put up better numbers tbh.

Manu has always been my favorite spur but currently Leonard is the guy I love watching. Question is though, Who is your favorite?

Poll is a maximum of 10 so I had to leave out a few players tbh.

Plum Island
11-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I saw a thread a week ago with link to SI, but I figured ST would probably put up better numbers tbh.

Manu has always been my favorite spur but currently Leonard is the guy I love watching. Question is though, Who is your favorite?

Duncan.

No Duncan- No rings.

barakz21
11-02-2013, 08:08 PM
TD, only because he was the one who got me into the Church of the Silver and Black.

Plum Island
11-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I remember Robinson's nemesis- Karl Malone.
The team just couldn't get past the Jazz.

He couldn't beat Malone and those hand-slaps, or elbows- for that matter.

Then- Enter Duncan's rookie year and they met in the playoffs and even though they lost- you knew:

Malone could not stop this phenom.

He couldn't and that better things were waiting in the wings.

I watched the Spurs since '88. I saw them be a pretender year after year, but Duncan changed all that.

He will always be my favorite player and I hope they give him a statue.

tim_duncan_fan
11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
I love the Spurs, but what's my username?

I will never favor a player more than Timmy.

Plum Island
11-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I love the Spurs, but what's my username?

I will never favor a player more than Timmy.

Here here.

TXstbobcat
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Tim Duncan. Will always be my favorite spur.

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Nice job leaving Nando off the list. Slight noted. :wakeup

Axegrinder
11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Nando is shit dumbass. The only list he belongs on is Craigslist-barter for a case of gatorade

james evans
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
not ginobli..

jkid12456
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
i love patty mills

Kool Bob Love
11-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Tim GODuncan.

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Nando is shit dumbass. The only list he belongs on is Craigslist-barter for a case of gatorade
stfu

HI-FI
11-02-2013, 09:51 PM
as much as I like Kawhi, I gotta go with tried and true Timmy.

JRHernandez88
11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
As of right now it's leonard and that's who I voted for. GINOBILI all time tho

$pursDynasty
11-03-2013, 12:46 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that TD will get 89% of the vote, a better question might be besides TD who is your favorite Spur. Simply because if you don't like Timmy you don't like the Spurs because Tim IS the Spurs. My first instinct on who is my favorite was to say Tony but when I thought about it of course it is Tim, but if not Timmy I am all Church of Tony, viva la Heroball.

Sean Cagney
11-03-2013, 12:48 AM
What stupid fuck voted BONNER?

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Of the guys on the active roster ...

MARCO BELINELLI.

Axegrinder
11-03-2013, 07:21 AM
:depressedquit smashing my vag:depressed

Russo21
11-03-2013, 07:49 AM
He will always be my favorite player and I hope they give him a statue. Amen

Russo21
11-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Anyone who doesn't vote for Tim Duncan is either Argentinian, a Frenchie, a Newbie or friend/relative of the other players. Tim Duncan is the Spurs

dorrrr
11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Let's see... Tiago-0, Green-0 ?
Is that the poll results or last night's box score?
:rolleyes

smaka
11-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Learn to spell, tbh.

smaka
11-03-2013, 10:34 AM
btw, I didn't know Pop has 2 accounts on ST.

dorrrr
11-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Learn to spell, tbh.

Talking to me?
If so....
Firstly it's not my first langauge.
Secondly, yet, I don't see any spelling mistake and even if so, it's gotta be so insignificant that you must be a real dush to refer to that instead.

ABC
11-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Talking to me?
If so....
Firstly it's not my first langauge.
Secondly, yet, I don't see any spelling mistake and even if so, it's gotta be so insignificant that you must be a real dush to refer to that instead.

She or he was probably talking about the poll, which misspells Belinelli, Baynes, and Pendergraph. Plus Pendergraph isn't even his name anymore.

Prime Time
11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Part of being a late-blooming Spurs fan involves me missing out on Tim's prime :depressed
I mean he's been a legit all-star from 08-13, but he was something else from 99-04. It was like watching nature itself pick up a basketball.

Kawhi is my favorite player. I hope he reaches stardom one day

I watched the Spurs since '88. I saw them be a pretender year after year, but Duncan changed all that.

This is exactly how I feel about Kawhi. Spurs couldn't do shit from 08-11, It felt laughable being a fan. I mean, getting upset by a 6th AND 8th seed, getting swept to our rival, Giving RJ that contract, Talks of losing TP to New York, Bonner receiving starter minutes, Ginobili always injured, even Duncan looked washed up in the Memphis series.
But then Kawhi comes and boom, WCF/Finals Appearance.

Skull-1
11-03-2013, 02:13 PM
not ginobli..

Skull-1
11-03-2013, 02:14 PM
A Canadian.

smaka
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Talking to me?

No, not you. :)

She or he was probably talking about the poll, which misspells Belinelli, Baynes, and Pendergraph. Plus Pendergraph isn't even his name anymore.

That's right, it was about OP.

dorrrr
11-03-2013, 02:56 PM
OK then, sorry if that's the case

baseline bum
11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I like Turnobili.

Juggity
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
You shouldn't be a spurs fan if TD is not your favorite player. This guy is the past, present, and future of the spurs.

He is to the Spurs what Michael Jordan was to the Bulls; insurmountably and without question the greatest player the franchise has ever had.

I'm hoping that anyone who answered with a player other than TD was just answering with their second favorite because TD as favorite is too obvious.

wildchild
11-03-2013, 03:48 PM
I like Turnobili.

I'm not sure but I like Ginobelli combo.

I know, it's only one game (last game)...I'm an irrepressible optimist :oops

wildchild
11-03-2013, 04:02 PM

A Canadian.

Nahh, the New Hampshire crazy people.

He'll run for mayor in NH.

Skull-1
11-03-2013, 07:25 PM

Randy Watson.

Skull-1
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Nahh, the New Hampshire crazy people.

He'll run for mayor in NH.
:lol

bus driver
11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
manu, since stephen jackson is not on the team anymore.

HI-FI
11-04-2013, 03:15 PM
You shouldn't be a spurs fan if TD is not your favorite player. This guy is the past, present, and future of the spurs.

He is to the Spurs what Michael Jordan was to the Bulls; insurmountably and without question the greatest player the franchise has ever had.

I'm hoping that anyone who answered with a player other than TD was just answering with their second favorite because TD as favorite is too obvious.

Aztecfan03
11-04-2013, 06:42 PM

sorry, but kawhi is what got me to be a Spurs fan.

Kager
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM
For me D Rob is who got me to the Spurs back in the 90's and then TD carried us through the championships.... no one on the list can touch what they have done.

For this poll though I voted based on who I love to watch play this year and it is KL.

eric365
11-04-2013, 07:24 PM

Favorite player isn't best player or most important player or franchise player. It's the player you like the most
Let's say you're a Rockets fan, Dwight is your best player but he is immature, can't stay in a team, not a winner etc... Mayber Parsons would be my favorite player even if Dwight >>> Parsons

Juggity
11-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Favorite player isn't best player or most important player or franchise player. It's the player you like the most
Let's say you're a Rockets fan, Dwight is your best player but he is immature, can't stay in a team, not a winner etc... Mayber Parsons would be my favorite player even if Dwight >>> Parsons

I think it's different for the spurs. Dwight and Parsons have never won anything. They're both relatively new to the Rockets franchise.

Tim Duncan is literally the cornerstone of every good thing that has ever happened for the Spurs. Without him, nothing happens. The Spurs are nothing. They're losers, and maybe they're not even in San Antonio anymore. I just can't even comprehend how anyone could say they have a favorite other than Duncan. It's like a Bulls fan saying "Steve Kerr was my favorite Bull in the 90s" or Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Luc Longley — it's failing to see the forest for the trees, failing to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Everybody who has played for the spurs since 1997 has helped Tim Duncan lead the spurs to titles, not the other way around.

To me, TD's supremacy and position as "favorite" should be held as sacrosanct — he first, everyone else following.

SpurSpurSpurs
11-04-2013, 10:07 PM
No RJ? Okay, I have no choice. I'll go with Tim Duncan.

TrainOfThought5
11-04-2013, 10:27 PM
I think it's different for the spurs. Dwight and Parsons have never won anything. They're both relatively new to the Rockets franchise.

Tim Duncan is literally the cornerstone of every good thing that has ever happened for the Spurs. Without him, nothing happens. The Spurs are nothing. They're losers, and maybe they're not even in San Antonio anymore. I just can't even comprehend how anyone could say they have a favorite other than Duncan. It's like a Bulls fan saying "Steve Kerr was my favorite Bull in the 90s" or Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Luc Longley — it's failing to see the forest for the trees, failing to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Everybody who has played for the spurs since 1997 has helped Tim Duncan lead the spurs to titles, not the other way around.

To me, TD's supremacy and position as "favorite" should be held as sacrosanct — he first, everyone else following.

I voted for Kawhi.... but only because i thought it was too easy to vote for Duncan... i mean.. its Duncan. Who DOESNT love Duncan?? We all do. We all hold him above the others. I guess its too automatic for me.

PlayNando
11-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Not a lot of votes for the hero up on the board tbh... :lol

Sean Cagney
11-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Okay now it is what three idiots voted for BONNER?

ElNono
11-05-2013, 02:12 AM

That makes no sense. Some people might enjoy a bunch of different things (ie: lots of people were fan of Jack's swagger before his last go around), and there's nothing wrong with that nor it takes anything away from Tim who is the very best player this franchise ever had. The comparison with Jordan is kinda silly too, since Jordan was one heck of a showman, not just a winner.

eric365
11-05-2013, 06:39 AM

That make no sens. Favorite = like the most
TD 's supremacy as greteast spurs of all time is clear. But greatest is different than favorite

Skull-1
11-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Bruce Bowen is my favorite Spur. Then the Admiral followed by Tim. Used to be Manu for a bit after Bruce retired but he is now fourth, sliding to fifth behind Leonard....

Diego20
11-05-2013, 08:25 PM
My favourite spurs player? Manu. Best spurs player? TD of course.

ddjeffries
11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Poor Danny.

Brunodf
11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
:cry Coach Bud

mclinejr
11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
No votes for Danny Green. :(

He would have dominated this poll if it was done after Game 5.

DAF86
11-06-2013, 09:47 AM
No votes for Danny Green. :(

He would have dominated this poll if it was done after Game 5.

Manu would have 90% of the votes if 6 never happened, tbh.

Skull-1
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Manu would have 90% of the votes if 6 never happened, tbh.

He woulda had mine without Game Six. That was enough to go from 1st or 2nd to 4th or 5th.

Prime Time
11-06-2013, 09:53 AM

This logic completely spits on all of the foreign fans who love the Spurs due to their national roots, or the newer fans who grew attached to guys like Leonard.

I don't think being a Spurs fan "should" involve automatic favorite player love for Duncan. In fact, this mindset would ideally only apply to any AMERICAN Spurs fans of the age 25-40

Fireball
11-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Tim Duncan.

mclinejr
11-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Bruce Bowen is my favorite Spur. Then the Admiral followed by Tim. Used to be Manu for a bit after Bruce retired but he is now fourth, sliding to fifth behind Leonard....

Bruce was a badass.

Spur|n|Austin
11-06-2013, 10:44 AM
TD and it's really not even close. KL is making a run for it for me personally, but TD is the reason the Spurs are who they are.

Skull-1
11-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Bruce was a badass.

And we have been searching for someone to replace him since he left. Dude was indispensable.

Jake the Muss
11-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Mates, I did not vote as I was hoping to vote for my mate Patty Mills. The poll lumps Mills with scrubs. Not very nice at all mates. Cheers.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Tim Duncan obviously.

timtonymanu
11-06-2013, 02:14 PM
All-time:

1. Tim Duncan
2. Bruce Bowen
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Tony Parker

apalisoc_9
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Well Danny had a good game today. Any voters?