PDA

View Full Version : Marlins Say they are Going Cheap Again

Biernutz
11-02-2013, 09:51 PM
We’re getting ready for another season, and we’re going to win more,” Marlins president David Samson assured Christina De Nicola of Fox Sports. “I promise you this: We’re not going to lose 100 games next year. Not even close.”But that doesn’t mean that Marlins fans should be expecting a wheeling-and-dealing type of offseason.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/marlins-not-expected-to-significantly-increase-payroll/

JMarkJohns
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Per par

DeadlyDynasty
11-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I just hope Stanton doesn't end up on the Red Sox, Yankees, or Angels

JMarkJohns
11-03-2013, 10:08 AM
I've heard the Diamondbacks have interest in him. They have lots of B+ to A pitching and a few B to A- position prospects.

Skaggs/Shipley/Holmberg/Pollack/Davidson

That's a top-25 overall prospect in SP Skaggs, a recent top-15 1st in SP Shipley, the best statistical SP in the AZ farm system in Holmberg, a starting OF who raked in doubles and plays GG defense, and a 1B/3B prospect whom was just MVP of Futures Game last year.

Technically the package can get better.

Bob Stoops
11-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Witten no hlemet, etc

Biernutz
11-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Jeffrey Loria is dealing in the art world. On Monday, he sold a painting for $32.6 Million at a
art auction. How much was the Marlins Payroll last season? He is just using the Marlins as
his own ATM.

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Just 7 million less than the Marlins payroll. Jewfrey just wheelin and dealin like he do

baseline bum
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Can't believe there's an owner who makes Sterling look like less an asshole.

JMarkJohns
11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
He suckered fanbase into a stadium.

He got what he wanted.

baseline bum
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
He suckered fanbase into a stadium.

He got what he wanted.

Would have been more merciful had he just killed the team like he did in Montreal after not getting a stadium.

The Gemini Method
11-07-2013, 02:44 PM
They need to rid the Marlins of their horrid leadership. It's crazy to think that this is the team that upset a Yankees team in the WS and has a 2nd title to boot. That's more than the Angels, Rangers, Mariners, Astros, Padres, Rays, Rockies, Nationals/Expos, and Diamondbacks. It ties them with more heralded franchises like the Phillies, Mets, Cubs, and Indians. They have had the talent just haven't had the leadership.

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2013, 02:59 PM
TGM, we've always had one of the best farm systems too...wish Mickey Arison would buy them tbh. Jewfrey sucks all the life out of them.

The Gemini Method
11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
TGM, we've always had one of the best farm systems too...wish Mickey Arison would buy them tbh. Jewfrey sucks all the life out of them.
Why doesn't Arison inquire? I know that South Florida is a gateway to a Latin America baseball hotbed and if you had a viable product they'd have a great fanbase. I root for them to do well because they were my Little League team so to see talent like Stanton and Morrison wasted is troublesome. The farm is definitely a producer and when they had Burnett and Beckett (and for a little time...Dontrelle Willis) it was a team that was capable.

baseline bum
11-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Huizenga then Loria. Ouch.