PDA

View Full Version : Start Marco....

PlayNando
11-02-2013, 11:04 PM
BENCH GREEN.......

tbh

You know it needs to happen. Marco >>>>>>> Green.

Marco is a skilled scorer AND playmaker.

BRHornet45
11-02-2013, 11:05 PM
co-signed

BRHornet45
11-02-2013, 11:12 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197528

hyhy
11-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I agree totally with Marco >>>> Green. However, the bench needs playmaking more than the starters. Imagine green being in the bench, manu has to do all the playmaking.

A better idea. Start marco, trade green.

Mnky
11-02-2013, 11:18 PM
When I grow up...I wanna swag like Bellinelli

spurtech09
11-02-2013, 11:32 PM
finally marco getting his game on

gee
11-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Marco is definitely capable of being a starter, but it would be cruel to leave Manu to have to clean up after Mills and Green when he can barely look after himself atm

Boomersgold
11-03-2013, 04:42 AM
His defense is terrible. Worse than Neal's defense, imo.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-03-2013, 05:16 AM

He poked away a few passes tonight, and was getting in people's faces. I don't see how his defense is as bad as you claim it is, especially not worse than Neal. I like Green in the starting line-up, and he is far and away a better defender, but I think Belinelli's defense has slightly improved walking through Tom Thibb's fire, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Prime Time
11-03-2013, 05:33 AM
I kind of disagree with the people that say our bench needs more handling. I think as of right now, our starting five looks a bit awkward. Thus why they never finish games

I think going with Parker-Beli-Leonard-Duncan-Splitter to start the game would get our stars clicking faster. Then maybe put in Green 5-7 minutes into the game for some D and outside shooting. If Green is playing hot, excellent. If he's being regular season Green, then put Marco back in. I don't like this team's offense relying too much on Danny's shooting

Boomersgold
11-03-2013, 06:12 AM
He poked away a few passes tonight, and was getting in people's faces. I don't see how his defense is as bad as you claim it is, especially not worse than Neal. I like Green in the starting line-up, and he is far and away a better defender, but I think Belinelli's defense has slightly improved walking through Tom Thibb's fire, but there is definitely room for improvement.

When he was isolated by Lillard, Matthews, or even Williams, they pretty much just destroyed him off the dribble. It's probably due to his poor lateral quickness.

Gagnrath
11-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Great now the play nado/blair curse comes into effect on belli grr you're an idiot play.......

Darkwaters
11-03-2013, 10:10 AM
No.

The starting lineup makes sense how it is. Marco suffers from the same curse as Gary Neal and Patty Mills - offense without defense. I really like Marco and have been advocating for him since the draft when GS took him, but I like where he is and the role hes being asked to play.

Pairing him and Manu is devastating to opposing defenses. And his passing helps allow us to play Patty (the PG that isn't a PG) and take some of the load off of Manu (who will be up and down by his very nature). That 2nd unit will have times that it's an offensive freight train honestly. So I'm not messing with a good thing.

So start Marco? No. But if hes got the hot hand then maybe you end the game with him. And that's what matters afterall.

Vash StampedE
11-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I assume you're a big Neal homer.

johnpaulwall21
11-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Imagine what it would do to greens confidence. dude barely has it together right now. If he moves to the bench then he will be pretty much useless.

Stabula
11-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Put Green in the bench unit and his many weaknesses will all become even more magnified. Believe it.

Boomersgold
11-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I assume you're a big Neal homer.

Your assumption couldn't be any more wrong, bud! :lol

mabrignani
11-03-2013, 11:56 AM
duh, italians should always get top priority

Proxy
11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Read that the current starting five had the best showing in points allowed per 100 possessions. Lets stick with that.

Raven
11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
such a terrible troll tbh

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 12:47 PM
such a terrible troll tbh

More like the Truth Troll tbh. Some racist haters like yourself just don't want to hear it, though, tbh.

Raven
11-03-2013, 12:52 PM
More like the Truth Troll tbh. Some racist haters like yourself just don't want to hear it, though, tbh.

i'm european and white, lol

testies
11-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Him supposedly being bad at defence is just American defence mechanism against white Euros

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Green will be fine. He's young, and the season is just starting. By mid-season, he'll be averaging his 11pts.

Brazil
11-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Green is a catch and shoot player, the best way to use him is with Parker creating plenty of open looks from 3 with his driving. So no that's a dumb idea.

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 10:24 PM
i'm european and white, lol
Then you probably are racist against Middle Easterners and Jews, tbh.

BillMc
11-03-2013, 10:30 PM
No.

The starting lineup makes sense how it is. Marco suffers from the same curse as Gary Neal and Patty Mills - offense without defense. I really like Marco and have been advocating for him since the draft when GS took him, but I like where he is and the role hes being asked to play.

Pairing him and Manu is devastating to opposing defenses. And his passing helps allow us to play Patty (the PG that isn't a PG) and take some of the load off of Manu (who will be up and down by his very nature). That 2nd unit will have times that it's an offensive freight train honestly. So I'm not messing with a good thing.

So start Marco? No. But if hes got the hot hand then maybe you end the game with him. And that's what matters afterall.

+1

Skull-1
11-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Marco is definitely capable of being a starter, but it would be cruel to leave Manu to have to clean up after Mills and Green when he can barely look after himself atm

:lol

Raven
11-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Then you probably are racist against Middle Easterners and Jews, tbh.

trolls getting worse day by day per par :lol

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 10:58 PM
trolls getting worse day by day per par :lol
Did Hitler not kill 6+ million jews?

Are Muslims not discriminated on constantly by Europeans, tbh?

Skull-1
11-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Did Hitler not kill 6+ million jews?

Are Muslims not discriminated on constantly by Europeans, tbh?

You mean those people who themselves discriminate against women, Jews, and Christians? Who prefer killing people they don't know because it is good sport? The same people who tried to sack Europe until turned back at Tours by the Franks, saving the world from twelve hundred years of darkness and repression? Stfu idiot. "College boy".

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 11:09 PM
You mean those people who themselves discriminate against women, Jews, and Christians? Who prefer killing people they don't know because it is good sport? The same people who tried to sack Europe until turned back at Tours (I believe), saving the world from five hundred years of darkness and repression? Stfu idiot. "College boy".
:lol 500 years of darkness

lolwut

Europe had 500 years of darkness no matter what. The middle ages sucked until France led Europe out of the dark ages via the Renaissance.

Many Europeans are racist against Arabs and other Middle Eastern peoples.

They also viciously murdered 6+ million Jews. Do you support that or not?

American gringos murdered millions of Native Americans.

Raven
11-03-2013, 11:15 PM
:lol 500 years of darkness

lolwut

Europe had 500 years of darkness no matter what. The middle ages sucked until France led Europe out of the dark ages via the Renaissance.

Many Europeans are racist against Arabs and other Middle Eastern peoples.

They also viciously murdered 6+ million Jews. Do you support that or not?

American gringos murdered millions of Native Americans.

quality meltdown tbh :lol

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm right, you know. Too bad you're too dense to admit it tbh. No meltdown there; just speaking the truth while you lie out of your anti-Semitic nutsack.

Skull-1
11-04-2013, 11:24 AM

Exactly.

Playnandouche is known for racial, ethnic, and nationalistic trolling. It is his shtick. Just move along. Pay no attention to the smashed Buddhas courtesy of "The Religion of Peace".

Every one of his alleged points are ridiculous. The West supports Israel. Reaching to Nazi Germany to show a blanket western anti-Semitism is a laugh especially considering the USAAF and RAF reduced it to rubble.

Those crazy Christians and Jews. They're always homicide bombing embassies and movie theaters during Christmas and Hanukkah while the Muslims collect money and toys for the poor during Ramadan... Oh wait.

Pako
11-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Green is currently not playing on his strenght which is being spot up shooter.. He is trying to shoot inside the arc or dribble inside which is not his porte... If he plays within his strenght, I think Green is better fit for starting 5 than beli... we need green's defense...

spurraider21
11-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Green is a 3 and D guy who has been cold to start the year. Ya'll need to relax. Marco is a better playmaker than Green, and that is more useful off the bench since Parker starts anyway.

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Pop listened to me and started Marco! And the Spurs DOMINATED THE KNICKS at the start of BOTH halves. Marco is key to this team!!!

hater
11-10-2013, 08:07 PM
IMO Beli is turning into Pops darling. Pop loves.that italian stallian and for.good.measure. but IMO this love affair could be dangerous. u know how pop finley and pop bonner turned out.

lets hope.clearer heads will.prevail and hope doesnt fall head over heels for the italian meatbolas

hooperflash
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
IMO Beli is turning into Pops darling. Pop loves.that italian stallian and for.good.measure. but IMO this love affair could be dangerous. u know how pop finley and pop bonner turned out.

lets hope.clearer heads will.prevail and hope doesnt fall head over heels for the italian meatbolas

Pop wants something big to eat, tbh.

cd98
11-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Wasn't this nonsense just destined to be proved wrong. Green won't shoot lights out every night, but he'll shoot 40% on the year from three point range. He'll play good defense and the little things to make him a key piece going forward.

timtonymanu
12-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Put him back on the bench.

KaiRMD1
12-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Put him back on the bench.

I second that ol' sport