PDA

View Full Version : Just a regular season loss tbh..But why does Pop treat Leonard like an old man?

apalisoc_9
11-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Some Good things out of this game

- Bellineli might not be as bad as Neal defensively

- Manu with an Okyish game

- Ayres with a decent game

Leonard averaging 28 minutes a game and would most likely average 30 min in the whole season. His peers are averaging over 35 tbh, I would think without a legit backup SF he'd be averaging at least 32.

HarlemHeat37
11-02-2013, 11:29 PM
He was playing poorly and Beli played well, that's all it meant tonight, tbh..

He's done the same with Duncan and Parker a million times..part of a coach's job is to stick with lineups that are working well for that particular game..

KL2
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
I'd like pop to set some damn screens for him, something to help him out. It seems like Pop has him out there finding his own way to score.

apalisoc_9
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Beli was balling in the 4th so that's understandable.. But he barely played over 30 against Memphis and LA.

bklynspursfan
11-02-2013, 11:32 PM

He's done the same with Duncan and Parker a million times..part of a coach's job is to stick with lineups that are working well for that particular game..

This... I thought it was obvious, you go with the hot hand. It's a luxury to have such depth to be able to do that.

purist
11-02-2013, 11:36 PM
You shouldn't mind pop limiting kawhi on second night of back to back, given hid knee history. Don't want it to resurface. It's what you do in a 82 game season

Obstructed_View
11-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Kawhi had no confidence in his jumper and wasn't exactly sharp.

DMC
11-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I'd like pop to set some damn screens for him, something to help him out. It seems like Pop has him out there finding his own way to score.

Pop isn't allowed to set a screen, but I'd love to see it as well.

gee
11-03-2013, 04:32 AM
:lol

Shaolin-Style
11-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Kawhi looked tired. Getting beat back after his fastbreak and then just overall the energy wasn't there. I love the guy but the choice was clear Marco had it going on

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2013, 04:46 AM

That is what I took from watching it as well. Leonard was being passive and was shying from competition on the offensive end.

hooperflash
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM

The two Ginobili heads approve! :tu :lol

look_at_g_shred
11-04-2013, 12:39 PM
If u aren't playing well, u need to be pulled.

FromWayDowntown
11-04-2013, 12:52 PM
If you're expecting a long haul, you don't burn guys out early. Also, Pop already has a pretty good idea about how Kawhi fits with particular groups in crunch time; the Portland game gave him a chance to look at how Belinelli might fit in particular situations. Pop has a long history of using crunch time lineups that fit particular circumstances and of incorporating combinations of bench players and starters in those portions of games. With the way the Blazers shot the ball (and the way the Spurs defended) all night, the Spurs had no business being anywhere near taking that game late, but somehow they were and Belinelli -- for one night, at least -- played a significant role in keeping them within a possession or two for most of the latter part of the 4th.