PDA

View Full Version : Portland wins because they had Lopez, and Spurs had Splitter...

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Robin Lopez - 12pts (6-10) , 6reb, 2 blocks
Tiago Splitter - 0pts (0-2) , 4reb, 0 defense

What did Pop and the rest of the overrated Front Office see in Splitter to pay him 4yrs/36M?!! Tiago really lived up to his "Vagina" nickname tonight. To the guys saying he's still developing, no he's not, he's soon to be 29 in January. The way he got slapped around by Aldridge was hard to watch. You know you suck when Popovich plays Diaw in crunch time and I don't blame him. He has ZERO excuses to be playing like this when he just got that fat contract. When the only good thing you can say about Splitter is "Well, he can set a mean pick" then the guy is a big time scrub.

Wow, did Portland bluff RC Buford into matching this scrub that kind of money lol

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1452345_597020673677025_1745901916_n.jpghttps://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1395977_597020583677034_517565045_n.jpg

hater
11-02-2013, 11:45 PM
when is Splitter's sex change operation scheduled for?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Kept telling my girl Splitter is a giant pussy.. but tbh there's not much we can do.

Like I said, home opener for them, them making ridiculous shots, getting EVERY DAMN CALL...

But we will make the playoffs and they won't.

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2013, 11:48 PM
when is Splitter's sex change operation scheduled for? I know, when will he grow a pair smh

hyhy
11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
He is like retarded or something. Whenever LA turns and takes a jumper, Splitter's hands are still down and only raised when the shot is alr off. Diaw does a much better job.

Start diaw, and trade splitter and green for a much better star

ElNono
11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Hope it's not the case of Splitter getting paid and mailing it in... I'm fairly disappointed with the guy so far... the defense isn't as sharp as last season and he's just missing everything on offense... even attempted 'dunks'...

Diaw gets burned much more consistently on D, but at least is aggressive on O... it's still very early, but it's something to keep an eye on...

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Kept telling my girl Splitter is a giant pussy.. but tbh there's not much we can do.

Like I said, home opener for them, them making ridiculous shots, getting EVERY DAMN CALL...

But we will make the playoffs and they won't. Even Ayers outplayed him in half the time he got. No player in this league will show him respect after Lebron happened. He gets his layups blocked almost every game he's played so far. I just don't wanna see us play Portland in the 1st round

HI-FI
11-02-2013, 11:53 PM
I hope it's just him getting back into rhythm. Biggest fear is he got paid and doesn't give as much of a shit, though his offseason workouts with Duncan would suggest otherwise.

Pako
11-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Our defense suck tonight. Considering that we are getting rape by lilard and williams, pop should have use cojo instead of patty.

crc21209
11-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah the Spurs were mismatched all night because of Pop going with Ayres/Diaw up against Aldridge and Lopez. Too small of a lineup to go up against those two. But Pop was forced to go to these small ass lineups thanks to Splitter being soft...

hyhy
11-02-2013, 11:59 PM
patty defended well tbh

Darius Bieber
11-03-2013, 12:01 AM
I agree that Tiago's paycheck is a little much. Spurs should have shopped around before committing that amount of money.

AFBlue
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
His passing and rebounding have been alright, but he's lacking pretty much everywhere else. He's a complimentary, soft player making $9M/yr.

Welcome our next HWSNBN.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Portland won because Aldridge, Matthews and Williams were hitting jumpshots at a 25-39 (64%) clip. They also shot twice as many FT attempts as we did.

Man In Black
11-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Back to back and an inability to stop refs from calling ticky tack calls for the home team. I got give it up for Wes Matthews for making all those 3's but hey, I have to ask...Where was Kawhi Leonard?

siraulo23
11-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Back to back and an inability to stop refs from calling ticky tack calls for the home team. I got give it up for Wes Matthews for making all those 3's but hey, I have to ask...Where was Kawhi Leonard?

lost all the confidence in the world, apparently forgot how to dribble again

Ice009
11-03-2013, 01:33 AM
They also shot twice as many FT attempts as we did.

That's why I wanted Maggette. I can't say this enough, but being able to draw fouls on the road is huge. Surely Maggette could have been able to do that for this team. Having someone that can fill in for 10 minutes a night and being able to get to the line would have been very helpful for this team, especially on the road. I don't know how bad his physical problems were, but the Spurs didn't need him to play more than 10 minutes a night.

texmich
11-03-2013, 02:02 AM
I cant believe this guy took so much of free agency money and gave us this shit tonight,http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1780848/i-can-t-even-o.gif I was gonna go on but

wildchild
11-03-2013, 02:32 PM
His D on Aldridge sucks, but I think this match isn't good for him. Maybe Splitter defends better other bigmen like Marc Gasol or Bogut...I don't know.

testies
11-03-2013, 02:37 PM
come on, the guy was instrumental against Grizzlies, Warriors and Lakers and people want to give him shit for a game that Pop didn't even give him many minutes on, besides being a meaningless game..

I guess you guys want Zach Randolph to rape us again like in 2011, right?

CitizenDwayne
11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Meh. Trap game against a lesser opponent. It happens.

But yeah...Splitter's finishing ability is downright embarrassing at times.

cd021
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM
This is classic overreaction time. Splitter was a big reason why our defense jumped from 11th to 3rd in the league last season. The Splitter starting lineup was the 4th best defensive lineup in the NBA. In the playoffs it was our best defensive lineup by more than 17 points per 100 possessions. He certainly has flaws, mainly finishing over physical players but he is still an great center.

superbigtime
11-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't hate Splitter but he was a zero last night. He's got to play better he took a shit on himself.

spursnatic
11-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah I was just saying lastnight that Portland did themselves a favor by not getting him...Was like :Portland are you seeing this?..And you wanted him on your squad..lol

Captivus
11-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Im not gonna wait for his last contract year and I will say it now:
Amnesty that little girl! He is not a man!
He is nothing!

tlongII
11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I was soo happy that we didn't sign Splitter! What a relief!

TXstbobcat
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Im not gonna wait for his last contract year and I will say it now:
Amnesty that little girl! He is not a man!
He is nothing!

the he spurs can't amnesty Splitter.

TXstbobcat
11-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I was soo happy that we didn't sign Splitter! What a relief!

i know it's early but I think that you guys will make the playoffs this season.

tlongII
11-04-2013, 02:10 PM

I have no doubt we'll be in the playoffs assuming we stay relatively healthy. Our team is much better this season.

Baseline
11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
The fact that Pop sits people so much creates an atmosphere where the Spurs don't expect to win the second game of a back-to-back. It's a faulty mechanism Pop employs. Like the brilliant decision to sit Tim in Game 6. Most overrated coach in the history of mankind.

Spurs7794
11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
The fact that Pop sits people so much creates an atmosphere where the Spurs don't expect to win the second game of a back-to-back. It's a faulty mechanism Pop employs. Like the brilliant decision to sit Tim in Game 6. Most overrated coach in the history of mankind.

Yeah because the Spurs NEVER win back to back games. :rolleyes
Yes him sitting Tim in Game 6 was awful but his regular season coaching is great...he empowers the role players to perform well in big situations. I don't think Kawhi would be anywhere near what he is now if he hadn't had that opportunity last year (in a back to back) against Chicago when he was the offense.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
He is like retarded or something. Whenever LA turns and takes a jumper, Splitter's hands are still down and only raised when the shot is alr off. Diaw does a much better job.

Start diaw, and trade splitter and green for a much better star

Lol, I've speculated he might be one step two slow in the thinking process then the rest of us. He sort has this Andre the Giant thing to him.

There was a play in the opening against Portland, where he got by Lopez,to the basket from the right side of the key and opted to try and finish with his right and was blocked. I don't understand how you don't try to finish with your left. I mean I play rec. basketball, played HS ball and even I know to adjust to what the defense gives me. How has he not figured out how to effectively finish around the basket yet? It's bizarre.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I hope it's just him getting back into rhythm. Biggest fear is he got paid and doesn't give as much of a shit, though his offseason workouts with Duncan would suggest otherwise.

Right. Maybe his first season off from the Brazilian National team is a reason for his slow start. Hopefully

Kyuui-Musikq
11-04-2013, 05:01 PM
come on, the guy was instrumental against Grizzlies, Warriors and Lakers and people want to give him shit for a game that Pop didn't even give him many minutes on, besides being a meaningless game..

I guess you guys want Zach Randolph to rape us again like in 2011, right?

oh he was there when Zach raped us. But then again Zach was on a high that's he's yet to be even close to getting back to since

hater
11-04-2013, 05:33 PM

the same thing is said of the blazers every season. Until February comes on and they start dropping like flies :lol

temujin
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
De Colo had zero points against Portland.
Time for KBP 2.0 to hate him too.

Texas_Ranger
11-04-2013, 06:43 PM
We all should know by now that Splitter is a soft pussy... Looks like he's also overpaid.

Spurs7794
11-04-2013, 07:10 PM
There was a play in the opening against Portland, where he got by Lopez,to the basket from the right side of the key and opted to try and finish with his right and was blocked. I don't understand how you don't try to finish with your left. I mean I play rec. basketball, played HS ball and even I know to adjust to what the defense gives me. How has he not figured out how to effectively finish around the basket yet? It's bizarre.

I would take into account your skills if you said you played in the NBA.
Splitter is soft at times and is very limited (and frustrating) but its hilarious that you think because you can adjust to the defense of a highschool or rec league means Splitter should be better at adjusting to the defense of an NBA team.

Budkin
11-04-2013, 07:35 PM
WTF happened to him? LBJ rejected all his confidence up into his colon.

TXstbobcat
11-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Splitter has 36 million guaranteed reasons to relax and laugh all the way to the bank.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I would take into account your skills if you said you played in the NBA.
Splitter is soft at times and is very limited (and frustrating) but its hilarious that you think because you can adjust to the defense of a highschool or rec league means Splitter should be better at adjusting to the defense of an NBA team.

Right, because the point of that was trying to say I'm better then Tiago Splitter lol. What does my post upset you so much lol?

im pointing out the fact that adjusting your shot is something everyone learns from an early age and was building on top of the previous posters theory that Tiago seems to be, frankly stupid.

ThaBigFundamental21
11-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I still Al Jefferson would have been a better signing than Splitter. Idc if he can't play Defense. If he even applied himself he would be better than Splitter. I hope the Spurs find a way to dump him. I'm not going to lie, I was ok with him resigning. But I assumed he would progress, not regress. Smh.

pgardn
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
We still need him.
He is 7 feet tall and can move. It's still early. But 3 aspects of his game I don't like and don't seem to improve:

1. Finishing
2. Strong hands on rebounds loose balls.
3. Entire upper body strength. ( He is relatively difficult to dislodge but he can't over power smaller players with his upper body)

What I like:

1. Superb mobility ( screens, moving his feet to challenge shots)
2. Spacing. ( he is good at finding open channels after guard penetration)
3. Lower body strength. ( Guys like Randolph have trouble with him, this alleviated a huge problem we had with the crafty physically strong junk eater big men)

What will not change:

He can't jump.
He can't enforce and play the aggressive sharp elbow, I will punish you role. I will mix it up.
Forget the last play. Once he gets punked, he can't shake it off. He is not resourceful at countering a tactic. He just mopes instead of finding an alternative.

ThaBigFundamental21
11-05-2013, 02:00 PM
The fact that Splitter didn't beef up on the weights this off season makes him a loser in my book. He had months to change his body and did nothing. He is still too light and gets pushed around, can't rebound, can't bang down low. Pretty much everything you want from a big man he doesn't give us.

testies
11-05-2013, 11:54 PM
shut the hell up, idiots

Chinook
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Splitter is another player who helps the team tremendously even when he looks bad. I actually like how he's played so far this season.

ElNono
11-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Portland shoots 35% from 3 tonight... smh

Chinook
11-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Howard destroyed Lopez. Portland may well have won tonight had they had Splitter's superior post and PnR defense.

PingPong
11-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Lopez is a f**in scrub. Some spurs fans are too stupid. The neighbour's grass is aways greener.

eDizzle20
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Splitter may not be the best finisher, but both his PnR and post defense are about as good as they come in the NBA.

testies
11-08-2013, 11:16 PM
I wish we had Robin Lopez today.. lol

TheGoldStandard
11-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Tiago is an overpaid big body who occasionally looks good against slower big men who have no footwork. His FG% is crap especially since all of his shots are within 8 feet of the basket and his FT% is crappy too.

testies
11-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Tiago is an overpaid big body who occasionally looks good against slower big men who have no footwork. His FG% is crap especially since all of his shots are within 8 feet of the basket and his FT% is crappy too.

what a dumb post.. our game is around pick n roll, he's a master at that, he's great defensively and can pass the ball too

he looked great against slow big men? well Z-Bo, Gasol, Bogut he all loooked great against them

by the way, "crappy FT" he hit 73% last season, so shut up

TheGoldStandard
11-08-2013, 11:46 PM
what a dumb post.. our game is around pick n roll, he's a master at that, he's great defensively and can pass the ball too

he looked great against slow big men? well Z-Bo, Gasol, Bogut he all loooked great against them

by the way, "crappy FT" he hit 73% last season, so shut up

Tiago is a master of nothing, is he competent at pick and roll.. yeah by a large comparison to the rest of the bigs on the team outside of Duncan but does that constitute the paycheck, nope.. If you think Z-Bo, Bogut and Gasol are athletic bigs who move quickly then you're just silly. When teams switch to smaller lineups or athletic bigs Pop will sit him and run Diaw out there or a stretch 4.

testies
11-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Tiago is a master of nothing, is he competent at pick and roll.. yeah by a large comparison to the rest of the bigs on the team outside of Duncan but does that constitute the paycheck, nope.. If you think Z-Bo, Bogut and Gasol are athletic bigs who move quickly then you're just silly. When teams switch to smaller lineups or athletic bigs Pop will sit him and run Diaw out there or a stretch 4.

Thank fucks you are not a coach, if you can't see the difference in our defence when Tiago is in, well.. Diaw is horrible defensively.. awyways, of course he gets benched in certain line ups, like 99% of players in the league

anyways, he's an asset

freetiago
11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Spurs must be a pretty soft team when a guy who plays 22 minutes is leading them in rebounding

NickiRasgo
05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Tiago sucks.

anakha
05-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Damn, Lopez is SO outplaying Splitter this series.

DesignatedT
05-11-2014, 12:42 AM
:lol this thread

Halberto
05-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Damn, helluva bump. LOL this must sting for OP

exstatic
05-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Bump of the playoffs, so far.

T Park
05-11-2014, 12:46 AM
The Gold Stamdard and other GNSFs talking out of their asses and wrong as usual in this thread as well I see...

superjames1992
05-11-2014, 12:53 AM
OP with the bads, per par.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-11-2014, 12:54 AM
What a fuckin' bum that Splitter guy is, I tell ya.

xmas1997
05-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I know, when will he grow a pair smh

And you? How convenient you disappear when the one you criticize makes a total fool of you, as usual.
More of the same ol same ol BS and ignorance out of the most ignorant poster on ST.
:lol

AFBlue
05-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Glad he's proving me wrong thus far tbqh. His tough, scrappy play on both sides of the ball has been inspiring. I just hope he keeps it up against Griffin/Ibaka and Bosh. Eating crow happily tbqh. :lol

BillMc
05-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Bump of the playoffs, so far.

This

DarrinS
05-11-2014, 01:21 PM
The devastating half-court screen, the thunderous dunk, the 20-foot j,...

Loved it

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Lopez blows layups and is the less-talented of the twins.

Fuck yo team clown!

testies
05-11-2014, 01:25 PM
what does Lopez acually do? he obviously is horrid at defending pick n rolls, he suposedly is a "rim protector" but Dwight Howard looked like prime Shaq in that series

I guess he can rebound and hit free throws..

BillMc
05-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Tiago doing work! Lopez hasn't been this close to a man all series.

https://pp.vk.me/c613423/v613423589/ef25/rZdR5qrjNFI.jpg

heyheymymy
05-11-2014, 02:35 PM
splitter is incredible of the defensive end. wonder if we can use him this effectively in matchups later on this playoffs.

AFBlue
05-11-2014, 04:24 PM
The devastating half-court screen, the thunderous dunk, the 20-foot j,...

Loved it

Bigger balls than I've ever seen from him tbqh. That dunk in particular was nasty.

therealtruth
05-11-2014, 06:29 PM
splitter is incredible of the defensive end. wonder if we can use him this effectively in matchups later on this playoffs.

He was good defensively in last year's playoffs as well.

However in answer to your question, I'm pretty sure Pop's going to bench him to get his small ball fix. Our defense will get torn to shreds. We will try keeping up offensively but just not have enough. Also the other team will put their best defender (Sefalosha/Lebron) on TP.