PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Batum at end?

AussieFanKurt
11-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Are you pissed about him taking that last shot?

PlayNando
11-03-2013, 02:09 AM
He'll get what's coming to him. I'll laugh when he breaks his hip after BAYNES slams him onto the court next game.

justinandimcool
11-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Same bitch ass who hits people in the balls when things aren't going his way. He'll get what's coming.

TXstbobcat
11-03-2013, 02:13 AM
It was low class not to run out the clock in that situation. Waste of time to get pissed off over that.

HI-FI
11-03-2013, 02:16 AM
damn I must've walked away, lots of people complaining about this but I don't remember it. if he did take that shot, yeah it's generally considered a low class thing.

texmich
11-03-2013, 02:17 AM
http://phillysportslive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Nicolas-Batum-punch.gif I wouldn't mess with this guy

spurs10
11-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Tim's expression said it all.

LakerHater
11-03-2013, 02:33 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/28ushaf.jpg

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Meh, Portland probably won't even make the playoffs, tbh, let their players enjoy the 3rd game of the season..

I'm also a strong advocate of taunting, shit talking and trolling of any nature, tbh, so if you want to avoid these types of situations, stop the opposing team and win the game, tbh..

Hoops Czar
11-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Every single player in the Blazer lineup who played with the exception of Batum and Wright (didn't shoot) shot better than 50%. With defense like that, the Spurs deserved everything they got tonight.

LakerHater
11-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Nicolas Batum was very apologetic after the game. When his half-court three went in, he said. "I was like, ‘Oh, no.’"

"That is maybe the worst thing I’ve done in my career right now," Batum said. "I want to apologize to the Spurs organization, because
that didn’t show good (respect) for the game, for myself, for the Blazers. I don’t really want to disrespect this team."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he wasn't upset about Batum's 3 @ buzzer: "Why would I be mad at that? He's a good kid. I don't care."

LakerHater
11-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Every single player in the Blazer lineup who played with the exception of Batum and Wright (didn't shoot) shot better than 50%. With defense like that, the Spurs deserved everything they got tonight.

Yup, as a team they shot 56%, Spurs shot 50%!

ElNono
11-03-2013, 02:47 AM
who cares, tbh

hater
11-03-2013, 02:51 AM
who gives a shit. id sign thag french faggot in a minute and release bonner to.the lions

hooperflash
11-03-2013, 02:52 AM
shrug of the shoulder, tbh

chapnis
11-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Dude apologized. Was a dumb thing to do, nothing to worry over.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2013/11/trail_blazers_115_spurs_105_apologetic_nicolas_bat .html

hater
11-03-2013, 02:53 AM
http://phillysportslive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Nicolas-Batum-punch.gif I wouldn't mess with this guy

lmao this french faggot cant even benchpress 13 pounds. u kidding me?

spurs10
11-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Nicolas Batum was very apologetic after the game. When his half-court three went in, he said. "I was like, ‘Oh, no.’"

"That is maybe the worst thing I’ve done in my career right now," Batum said. "I want to apologize to the Spurs organization, because
that didn’t show good (respect) for the game, for myself, for the Blazers. I don’t really want to disrespect this team."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he wasn't upset about Batum's 3 @ buzzer: "Why would I be mad at that? He's a good kid. I don't care."

Thanks twice LakerHater. First, for the photo of Tim's expressions and then for the apologetic statements by Batum. It looked chump...

polandprzem
11-03-2013, 03:29 AM
laughable that ppl saying it was disrespectful. How could it. He shoot the ball and made a basket, that's what this game is about.

Game is 48 minutes long tbh

gee
11-03-2013, 03:47 AM
basketball etiquette is bullshit, don't lose and you won't have to complain about that

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2013, 04:43 AM

It wasn't until the end when the Spurs started closing out hard on intermediate jumpers that the Blazers started getting inside.

Other than that it was a shit ton of Aldridge jumpers that opened everything up. When you have a guy that is 6'10" and hitting 18 footer after 18 footer then you are fucked. Even his post ups turned into jumpers. Williams was doing a lot of that as well. That opened up everything else.

Seems like half the people around here are simply punitive and are looking for someone or something to blame. How about we give some credit to the Blazers who played a hell of a ball game?

KL2
11-03-2013, 05:11 AM
I thought it was more of a mental lapse, probably didn't think it was going to actually go in. Batum doesn't seem like that type of guy especially with his history with SA.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-03-2013, 05:12 AM
It wasn't until the end when the Spurs started closing out hard on intermediate jumpers that the Blazers started getting inside.

Other than that it was a shit ton of Aldridge jumpers that opened everything up. When you have a guy that is 6'10" and hitting 18 footer after 18 footer then you are fucked. Even his post ups turned into jumpers. Williams was doing a lot of that as well. That opened up everything else.

Seems like half the people around here are simply punitive and are looking for someone or something to blame. How about we give some credit to the Blazers who played a hell of a ball game?

Absolutely. They couldn't miss if they tried out there. The few shots that did miss were awfully close to going in.
Aldridge was murderous out there, and they just played a lot harder, and with more heart. They're a young ball-club who wants to make the play-offs, so they're leaving it all out there every night. Spurs are still experimenting with rotations and will continue to do so for a better part of the season like last season, so right now it's mad-scientist mode for Pop.

If the Spurs can put a lid on arguably the best backcourt in the NBA like they did in the semi's last post-season, then I'm sure the Blazer's shooting percentage in November isn't a cause for concern for the Spurs.

Hoops Czar
11-03-2013, 05:39 AM

I'm giving the Blazers credit for exploiting the Spurs defense. This isn't some new phenomenon. It's been like this for a while. It was lillard's penetration and Portland's ball movement that led to open shot after open shot. Who the Fvck was guarding wesley Matthews anyways? How about Robin Lopez? Mo williams? Aldridge only accounted for 24 of Portland's 115 points so maybe a contributing factor but certainly not the sole reason they lost the game.

This may be news to some but, when you leave perimeter jump shooters open, you'll get burned more often than not. You should be closing out hard and force players to drive the lane. You have Tim friggin Duncan in the low post for crying out loud.

UZER
11-03-2013, 07:39 AM
:lol I misread the thread title.

I was thinking, who the hell's nickname is batman?

Russo21
11-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Poof

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm giving the Blazers credit for exploiting the Spurs defense. This isn't some new phenomenon. It's been like this for a while. It was lillard's penetration and Portland's ball movement that led to open shot after open shot. Who the Fvck was guarding wesley Matthews anyways? How about Robin Lopez? Mo williams? Aldridge only accounted for 24 of Portland's 115 points so maybe a contributing factor but certainly not the sole reason they lost the game.

This may be news to some but, when you leave perimeter jump shooters open, you'll get burned more often than not. You should be closing out hard and force players to drive the lane. You have Tim friggin Duncan in the low post for crying out loud.

As I said the Spurs defense is designed to give up 18 footers. Of Aldridges 18 shots how many do you think were from inside 12 feet?

cd021
11-03-2013, 08:10 AM
He drilled a running 30 foot 3 at the buzzer to net a triple-double in a win. I don't have a problem with that.

james evans
11-03-2013, 09:15 AM
he's a bitch. duncan must have said some words to alridge at the end of the game about it. they had a few words as he was walking away. but it was the same shit danny ferry was doing to the lakers in 2003 when we eliminated them. the game was over and he kept hitting shots. at one point, he was calling for the ball at the end of the game to keep shooting but they wouldn't pass it to him. it's bad sportsmanship to pad stats.

Vash StampedE
11-03-2013, 09:48 AM
That just confirmed he's a stat filler. But who cares, his team won't make it to the playoffs and Aldridge will eventually bolt out the Blazers.

Raven
11-03-2013, 10:40 AM
who gives a shit. id sign thag french faggot in a minute and release bonner to.the lions

word

Mugen
11-03-2013, 10:55 AM
non-issue, at least he didnt try to pull a Ricky Davis to get that triple double tbh.

bklynspursfan
11-03-2013, 11:33 AM
He secretly wanted that triple double... He got it

Budkin
11-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I was pissed but the fact that he apologized shows he realizes it was a bitch move. Let's sign him.

romain.star
11-03-2013, 12:21 PM
:lol I misread the thread title.

I was thinking, who the hell's nickname is batman?

Well, Batum's nickname is batman so you were not 100% wrong

Kool Bob Love
11-03-2013, 12:38 PM
The french phaggot was quick to apologize.:lmao

Darius Bieber
11-03-2013, 02:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nicolas-batum-last-second-triple-double-attempt-maybe-180456325--nba.html

elmanutres
11-03-2013, 02:45 PM
only reason why he apologized was because duncan caught his ass doing it.

Texas_Ranger
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM
He's a triple-double whore just like Ricky Davis.

superbigtime
11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
It was a bitch move.

jimbo
11-03-2013, 06:19 PM
only reason why he apologized was because duncan caught his ass doing it.

Yeah, I'm sure no one would have realized he didn't make a basket if Duncan didn't point it out

elmanutres
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I'm sure no one would have realized he didn't make a basket if Duncan didn't point it out

I was implying ducans reaction is what Probably led to him to apoligize. I remember one of the announcers said batum face look like a kid caught stealing candy or something. I should've worded my previous post better.

jimbo
11-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I was implying ducans reaction is what Probably led to him to apoligize. I remember one of the announcers said batum face look like a kid caught stealing candy or something. I should've worded my previous post better.

Yeah I'm just messing with you buddy, I gotcha.

Solid D
11-03-2013, 10:00 PM
It didn't bother Pop but I'm fairly sure that if Patty or Kawhi or Marco would have done that from 40 feet with a 7 point lead at the buzzer, Pop would have grabbed him and whispered bad Croatian words into both ears vigorously.

Whisky Dog
11-03-2013, 11:56 PM
It didn't bother Pop but I'm fairly sure that if Patty or Kawhi or Marco would have done that from 40 feet with a 7 point lead at the buzzer, Pop would have grabbed him and whispered bad Croatian words into both ears vigorously.

He would have called them pička

blkroadrunners
11-04-2013, 04:07 AM

Worst thing my rear...

IzWj6cG3xRQ

He's just some wanna-be punk who will prolly get drilled by MWP later in the season.

kobyz
11-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Why would anyone be bother by it? I think it was cool him trying to get that TD by throwing that casual shot, it was in good spirit. Spurs should be worry about the no defense the team played, not about that shot.

Dex
11-04-2013, 09:58 AM
It is what it is.

Is it considered "low class" to shoot a shot at the end of the game when you can easily dribble out the clock? In a bubble, yes.

That being said, Batum threw up a shot that probably had a minute chance of going in. It would be different if he dribbled to the hoop and purposefully scored the two points to net the triple-double, but he was probably as surprised as anybody to see the shot fall. Is there some blame to be had for shooting at all instead of just holding it? Probably.

He made a statement and apologized about it, so there's not much more to say. I guarantee it will all be lost in the length of the 82-game season.

smahmood26
11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Does it look like Tony was going to run over and foul Batum to anyone else? Like he was aware of how close Nick was and once Nick got the ball he quickly starts to jog over but then Batum runs past half court and takes the shot. TP is normally pretty lazy on plays like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wFZg6aavcJg

Obstructed_View
11-04-2013, 07:25 PM
It's universally something you don't try to do. Batum, while apologetic, didn't do it without full knowledge before he did it. That said, he's about as far from Ricky Davis as you can get, so you just kind of shake your head about it and congratulate him on the triple double. The Blazers as an organization have their panties in a bunch about the Spurs for some reason. This probably made some of those douchebags feel better.

exstatic
11-04-2013, 10:51 PM
I've pretty much had the opinion that Batum was bush league, so this incident didn't change anything for me. Stupid is as stupid does.

tlongII
11-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I enjoyed it.

spurs10
11-05-2013, 12:25 AM
I enjoyed it. What you and Batum do in the privacy of your home is your business. Who are any of us Spurs fans to judge you? You go girl!!

scanry
11-05-2013, 03:49 AM
he's a bitch. duncan must have said some words to alridge at the end of the game about it. they had a few words as he was walking away. but it was the same shit danny ferry was doing to the lakers in 2003 when we eliminated them. the game was over and he kept hitting shots. at one point, he was calling for the ball at the end of the game to keep shooting but they wouldn't pass it to him. it's bad sportsmanship to pad stats.

Nah man when Tim and the starters were pulled out, the scrubs just couldn't miss. I remember Steve Smith, Ferry and gang kept hitting jumpers.

mudyez
11-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Same bitch ass who hits people in the balls when things aren't going his way. He'll get what's coming.

Actually I loved this and thought he had every reason to do it.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2013, 09:29 PM

Pop would take it out on the entire team and reduce the minutes for everyone at that player's position, eventually eliminating them altogether and costing them a chance to win a title if someone did that.