PDA

View Full Version : OT: Props to coach Brown

ElNono
11-03-2013, 03:11 AM
A bit of a tangent, but somewhat Spurs related, seeing he was out assistant coach all the way up to last season.

There was a lot of talk over the offseason that Philly was going to tank, especially after they lost/sat Nerlens Noel for the rest of the season.

I've watched some of the games, like against Miami and Chicago, and coach has those kids playing well and believing in themselves. Also, against Chicago in crunchtime, he drew some solid plays we're very familiar with, and they were executed very well, producing solid wins.

It's obviously only 3 games into the season, and they might hit a ceiling eventually, but I really like what he's doing there and I think he'll have a future coaching in this league. If you have LP, check out some of the games.

scanry
11-03-2013, 03:37 AM
still too early tbh.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-03-2013, 03:46 AM
James Anderson had a +17 rating, the highest of anyone on either the 76ers or Bulls

Now how the hell did he manage to so that in 30 min. Shooting 0-4 w/ 1 pt. 3 rbs. And 2 ast??

SanDiegoSpursFan
11-03-2013, 04:07 AM
James Anderson had a +17 rating, the highest of anyone on either the 76ers or Bulls

Now how the hell did he manage to so that in 30 min. Shooting 0-4 w/ 1 pt. 3 rbs. And 2 ast??
Opposing teams are treating him like a shooter. Look at the 76ers roster, no other wing is a spot-up shooter, so Anderson in the game gives them a lot of floor spacing. He's gonna have to make shots eventually though.

mingus
11-03-2013, 04:12 AM
I think letting players play and make mistakes is as important as anything coaching-wise. Too many coaches limit talented players by trying to reign them in too much. He has them doing that and passing and playing great d (generally) and I'm def going to watch them this season.