lefty
11-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Not Coach Dud

Splits
11-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Methinks Bud needs glasses. There was 6 seconds on the clock, not .6

HI-FI
11-04-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd rather party with Bud, though have Brown behind the wheels tbh.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-04-2013, 01:34 AM
It'll be interesting to see who between them progresses as the better coach and in turn who would hopefully inherit Pops place on the bench once he retires

Biernutz
11-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Coach Bud has a better team on paper...Every one is picking the 76ers to
be a lotto pick. Coach Browns team has a lot of young players.

ElNono
11-04-2013, 01:49 AM
tbh, after watching the Hawks tonight, coach Bud has much less talent to work with... it's basically Korver and Horford for players that actually like to play a team game... Millsap is all hustle, but undersized. Teague loves himself, and that Sam Cassell looking gnome can't shoot for shit but won't stop trying... I thought they were really poor executing any kind of offense, and it was reflected on the pretty bad shot selection. It's only 3 games in, but Bud has a lot of work ahead of him.

ElNono
11-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Hmm... maybe 'talent' isn't the word. Just not a lot of players that seem adept to make the extra pass, share the ball, etc. Philly is a team where you can see everyone sharing the ball, running great plays, etc.

HI-FI
11-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Hmm... maybe 'talent' isn't the word. Just not a lot of players that seem adept to make the extra pass, share the ball, etc. Philly is a team where you can see everyone sharing the ball, running great plays, etc.
it could also come down to the most underrated skill, communication. it could be Brown is better motivating or communicating how to win than Bud, though obviously it's very early to tell as well. I'm sure there's been lots of coaches with good Xs and Os but don't know how to get guys to buy in. Pop's been pretty good at that imo.

ElNono
11-04-2013, 02:02 AM
it could also come down to the most underrated skill, communication. it could be Brown is better motivating or communicating how to win than Bud, though obviously it's very early to tell as well. I'm sure there's been lots of coaches with good Xs and Os but don't know how to get guys to buy in. Pop's been pretty good at that imo.

Well, Pop also set up a structure on the organization where he has final say (and obviously both ownership and the star player(s) buy in and back that up). It's actually a pretty rare occurrence. I don't know that Coach Bud 3 games in can get in Teague's face or sit his ass down when he's going all Kobe. I think there's still trust to developed there, and the reality is that most franchises operate quite differently than ours.

Raven
11-04-2013, 05:38 AM
imho they are both lotto teams so losing is actually winning.. Atlanta has a lot more talent though, could be good defensively too in a few years.

kobyz
11-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Brett > Pop, tbh...

hsxvvd
11-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Brett Brown going to get himself fired for winning too many games.... this wasn't Hinkie's plan.

anakha
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
suicide > me, tbh...

superjames1992
04-11-2014, 11:11 PM
:lol

17-62.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Brett > Pop, tbh...

LOL where is this dumb fuck now?

Spurs da champs
04-11-2014, 11:14 PM

Give Brett Brown credit for getting over 10 wins with that talent, that team's goal was clear, tank, tank, tank!

SpurPadre
04-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Can we agree that Brown and Bud are better than Boylen at least?

Sean Cagney
04-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Can we agree that Brown and Bud are better than Boylen at least?
Boylen wanted damn Ayres here and pitched him, he sucks. He lost there automatically.

SpurPadre
04-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Boylen wanted damn Ayres here and pitched him, he sucks. He lost there automatically.

He also couldn't lure Granger to the team.

Sybok
04-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Spurs get best record in league: Spurs fans trash Spurs coaches.

SpurPadre
04-12-2014, 01:54 AM

No, not really. Bud and Brett were just damn good assistant coaches for us.

Sybok
04-12-2014, 01:55 AM
No, not really. Bud and Brett were just damn good assistant coaches for us.

And you know that because.... what?

ElNono
04-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Brett is a huge reason we got patty... Mike is great too, IMO. Another guy that was long forgotten is Don Newman, now an assistant with the Wiz. Not quite coach caliber, IMO, but all around nice guy.

SpurPadre
04-12-2014, 02:02 AM
And you know that because.... what?

Because the players have expressed as much, because Pop has expressed as much, saying about Bud "As anyone who's been part of this program knows, he has been more of a co-head coach than an assistant for a long time. His knowledge of the game as well as his ability to teach and develop relationships with players are all special," said Popovich. On Brown, "He was a head coach when I met him,” Popovich said. “He was the head coach in Australia at the time, so he’s not some rookie who’s learning how to coach right now. He’s done this for a long time and he knows what it takes to win and he knows how to put people together. He has patience … and I learned as much from him as he learned from me.” As we all know, when Pop compliments someone, it really means a lot. Now you tell me why you think otherwise?

kobyz
04-12-2014, 02:29 AM

Not fouling to win the biggest championship of all time, forever torn and grieving...

scanry
04-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Because the players have expressed as much, because Pop has expressed as much, saying about Bud "As anyone who's been part of this program knows, he has been more of a co-head coach than an assistant for a long time. His knowledge of the game as well as his ability to teach and develop relationships with players are all special," said Popovich. On Brown, "He was a head coach when I met him,” Popovich said. “He was the head coach in Australia at the time, so he’s not some rookie who’s learning how to coach right now. He’s done this for a long time and he knows what it takes to win and he knows how to put people together. He has patience … and I learned as much from him as he learned from me.” As we all know, when Pop compliments someone, it really means a lot. Now you tell me why you think otherwise?

Tbh Pop is too politically correct. I've never seen him criticize a coach/player in a long time. Tim can do that to you.

NickiRasgo
04-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Brett is a huge reason we got patty... Mike is great too, IMO. Another guy that was long forgotten is Don Newman, now an assistant with the Wiz. Not quite coach caliber, IMO, but all around nice guy.

And Boylen is the reason we got Ayers. :lol

anakha
04-12-2014, 04:27 AM
Not fouling to win the biggest championship of all time, forever torn and grieving...

Oh, you haven't killed yourself yet?

Prime Time
04-12-2014, 04:39 AM
Sup Kobz, how are your wrists doing?

kobyz
04-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Oh, you haven't killed yourself yet?

I never said I'm gonna kill myself, but this pain of losing the title doesn't let go and keep ruin me, it caused me a lot of health problems, there isn't worst trauma than this, it's the cruelest thing to live with!

superjames1992
04-12-2014, 10:53 AM
P.J. Carlesimo = The Truth.

Sean Cagney
04-12-2014, 12:07 PM
I agree.

Leetonidas
04-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I never said I'm gonna kill myself, but this pain of losing the title doesn't let go and keep ruin me, it caused me a lot of health problems, there isn't worst trauma than this, it's the cruelest thing to live with!

:lol emo kobyz at it again

anakha
04-12-2014, 06:19 PM

A couple of shots of Draino will help with that.

Hoops Czar
04-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Brett Brown, Mike Budenholzer > Jim Boylen, Sean Marks!!!

kobyz
04-13-2014, 12:31 AM
A couple of shots of Draino will help with that.

You trying to be cool on me?

anakha
04-13-2014, 01:03 AM
You trying to be cool on me?

Just want to see you finish the job since you can't seem to do it yourself.