PDA

View Full Version : 2nd best QB in Texas leads UTSA past the defending CUSA champs

FkLA
11-04-2013, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BX_l_-2sK0

Picked to finish dead last yet only 1 game behind the division leaders. Most teams arent even playing FBS in their third year much less challenging for a conference title. Thank god for Larry Coker and Eric Soza tbh.

:flag:

Phillip
11-04-2013, 09:14 AM
lol soza

lol worse career qb rating than case mccoy

lol challenging for a conference title

lol cusa

lol utsa

ChumpDumper
11-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Good game, but Tulsa sucks now for some reason.

We're probably just gong to end up .500 in the conference, but I'll take it.

lebomb
11-04-2013, 01:49 PM
lol soza

lol worse career qb rating than case mccoy

lol challenging for a conference title

lol cusa

lol utsa

STFU wet t-shirter. When you enroll in college come talk to us faggot.

Phillip
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
ST:cryFU wet t-shi:cryrter. When:cry you enroll in colleg:crye come talk to us :cryfaggot.:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

FkLA
11-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Good game, but Tulsa sucks now for some reason.

We're probably just gong to end up .500 in the conference, but I'll take it.

They lost some key guys to graduation on defense. No CUSA team has dominated them the way we did though, not Rice or Tulane. Plus we were their homecoming game and they had like 80 recruits in there for the game--probably bc a third year program shouldnt be winning games like these. Best win in program history tbh.

Tulane just lost to FAU, theyre not unbeatable. If we get that that sets up a huge showdown with North Texas. Its good to dream sometimes, Chump.

:flag:

blkroadrunners
11-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I think I asked this before, but if UTSA were able to win the remaining games in their schedule would the Runners be bowl eligible?

FkLA
11-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I think I asked this before, but if UTSA were able to win the remaining games in their schedule would the Runners be bowl eligible?Kind of. We'd be eligible but there would have to be a shortage of bowl eligible teams to get an actual invite, since established programs get priority over teams that are in the transition phase.

If we win out, Rice loses a game and we end up in the championship game I'd be a little more optimistic about us getting some kind of waiver though. Get it done on the field then see if they can sneak into a bowl tbh.

Clipper Nation
11-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Tulsa is 2-6, tbh :lol

FkLA
11-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Tulsa is 2-6, tbh :lol

Why do dumb people lack perspective tbh ?

FkLA
11-04-2013, 11:07 PM
http://csnbbs.com/attachment.php?aid=5063

Helmets for Tulane game. :usa

blkroadrunners
11-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Kind of. We'd be eligible but there would have to be a shortage of bowl eligible teams to get an actual invite, since established programs get priority over teams that are in the transition phase.

If we win out, Rice loses a game and we end up in the championship game I'd be a little more optimistic about us getting some kind of waiver though. Get it done on the field then see if they can sneak into a bowl tbh.

Forgot C-USA always has a championship game between East and West. I figured since UTSA didn't play any schools lower than FCS level (or even FCS for that matter) depending on the success, the Runners will have the bowl eligibility unlike the last 2 years.

These next two games will be really tough, especially against UNT in Denton, but even if UTSA ends up 4-4 in conference I'll be happy.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2013, 01:32 AM
They lost some key guys to graduation on defense. No CUSA team has dominated them the way we did though, not Rice or Tulane. Plus we were their homecoming game and they had like 80 recruits in there for the game--probably bc a third year program shouldnt be winning games like these. Best win in program history tbh.

Tulane just lost to FAU, theyre not unbeatable. If we get that that sets up a huge showdown with North Texas. Its good to dream sometimes, Chump.

:flag:We were actually favored by over a touchdown last I checked.

Interesting.

FkLA
11-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Forgot C-USA always has a championship game between East and West. I figured since UTSA didn't play any schools lower than FCS level (or even FCS for that matter) depending on the success, the Runners will have the bowl eligibility unlike the last 2 years.

These next two games will be really tough, especially against UNT in Denton, but even if UTSA ends up 4-4 in conference I'll be happy.

All teams moving up from FCS to FBS go through a two year transition phase. First year you arent eligible at all, second year you arent fully eligible. The first independent year doesnt count towards it.

Kind fo a dumb rule imo. If anything you should get rewarded for being good enough to make a bowl game so soon not get punished for it.

We were actually favored by over a touchdown last I checked.

Interesting.

Theyve been a pretty opportunistic team. Their offense is near the bottom of the conference, their defense is average with the exception of turnovers. Thats where they excel. If we can hang on to the ball we should be in good shape tbh.

Bill_Brasky
11-05-2013, 11:14 AM
:lmao Soza
:lmao worse than garrett gilbert

lebomb
11-05-2013, 11:24 AM
:lmao Soza
:lmao worse than garrett gilbert

If you blame that whoopin on your 3rd string QB, what about that fucked up defense that gave up 52??? :rolleyes

What a dumbass you are.

Bill_Brasky
11-05-2013, 11:38 AM
we got gashed on the ground, what can I say? need d line.

I thought 7 or 8 wins was our ceiling tbh, but im not gonna start a bunch of threads bragging about how we're such a great 7 win team that nobody expected to do very well.

lebomb
11-05-2013, 02:01 PM
we got gashed on the ground, what can I say? need d line.

I thought 7 or 8 wins was our ceiling tbh, but im not gonna start a bunch of threads bragging about how we're such a great 7 win team that nobody expected to do very well.

The tekka tek'ers talk big shit, till they get smoked. Then its back to reality and talking with common sense. Well.........sometimes. :rolleyes

leemajors
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
The tekka tek'ers talk big shit, till they get smoked. Then its back to reality and talking with common sense. Well.........sometimes. :rolleyes

Both he and Blake's tempered optimism is well documented. They expected to start losing at some point and have always stated so.

lebomb
11-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Both he and Blake's tempered optimism is well documented. They expected to start losing at some point and have always stated so.

but not 5 straight

Blake
11-05-2013, 02:51 PM
but not 5 straight

We're a game better than I predicted.

6-6, imo after a 4-1 start per the usual

Bill_Brasky
11-05-2013, 07:49 PM

yeah it's fun to talk shit so what?