PDA

View Full Version : I want Perk.

Mugen
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Nando/BonBon/Baynes for Perk.

Perk's a horrible player with a shitty contract but the trade would easily be worth it when he lays these two out in the POs tbh:

http://wodumedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Russell-Westbrook-and-Kevin-Durant-looking-smart-but-the-series-is-now-tied-1-1.jpg

RC needs to start hittin' the sauce again and make this happen tbh.

hater
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
he'd foul out in the 1st quarter in a Spurs Uni

BatManu20
11-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Never happen imo. We have a big body with no skill already in Baynes.

KawhiLeonard
11-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Baynes > Perkins. And to think presti chose Perkins over harden. how is that man still employed

boutons_deux
11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Nando/BonBon/Baynes for Perk.

Perk's a horrible player with a shitty contract but the trade would easily be worth it when he lays these two out in the POs tbh:

http://wodumedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Russell-Westbrook-and-Kevin-Durant-looking-smart-but-the-series-is-now-tied-1-1.jpg

RC needs to start hittin' the sauce again and make this happen tbh.

two richies as living hyper-extended adolescence

Mugen
11-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Spurs have never won a 'ship without a hick-ass African-American on the roster tbh.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-04-2013, 05:08 PM
What we need is a combo forward that can block shots, play solid D, and stretch the perimeter.

I don't know who fits this description, who's salary isn't much more then 5 mil., but we have plenty of pieces to leverage for a trade I do know that.

spursfan1000
11-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Id take him in a heartbeat, Baynes is trash, nando wont crack minutes and Bonner, dont even have to say

gee
11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
why do okc want nando / baynes / bonner? I'd take him, especially if we could have the added bonus of shedding some of our own shit to get him, but I don't see it happening

apalisoc_9
11-04-2013, 08:30 PM
2/10 troll attempt tbh.

cd021
11-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Baynes > Perkins. And to think presti chose Perkins over harden. how is that man still employed

You mean Ibaka over Harden. He did grossly overpay for a player than is easily replaceable. They could have amnestied him this offseason and been better off with Collision starting.

wildcardX
11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
I would rather keep Baynes. A lot cheaper for the same production and without the bitching at the refs or the Javale Mcgee boneheaded mistakes.

barakz21
11-04-2013, 10:32 PM
What we need is a combo forward that can block shots, play solid D, and stretch the perimeter.

I don't know who fits this description, who's salary isn't much more then 5 mil., but we have plenty of pieces to leverage for a trade I do know that.

Sounds like Abaka. Man, I can only dream....

exstatic
11-04-2013, 10:46 PM
You mean Ibaka over Harden. He did grossly overpay for a player than is easily replaceable. They could have amnestied him this offseason and been better off with Collision starting.

Actually, they could have afforded Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden if they had amnestied Perkins. So, in essence, they did choose Perkins over Harden.

Gagnrath
11-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Actually, they could have afforded Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden if they had amnestied Perkins. So, in essence, they did choose Perkins over Harden.

At the time Perkins was just coming off of his first down year and had been somewhat injured so there was a reasonable hope of him returning to his celtics level production. I think I would have had a hard choice and there were definite signs in practice according to various statements made by their staff that Ibaka was ready for and capable of taking a larger role in the offense.

Personal feeling is they should have kept harden dealt westbrooke for picks and lower value passing point guard (he's replaceable and not nearly the team player Harden is. Then amnesty Perkins.

exstatic
11-05-2013, 12:08 AM
At the time Perkins was just coming off of his first down year and had been somewhat injured so there was a reasonable hope of him returning to his celtics level production. I think I would have had a hard choice and there were definite signs in practice according to various statements made by their staff that Ibaka was ready for and capable of taking a larger role in the offense.

Personal feeling is they should have kept harden dealt westbrooke for picks and lower value passing point guard (he's replaceable and not nearly the team player Harden is. Then amnesty Perkins.

Big stiffs who bang in the post and defend can be had cheaply. The Lakers had already dealt Bynum out of the conference, and Howard's health and return had no definite timetable. The reason they got Perk, to defend bigs in the playoffs, was gone. My choice order would have been:

1) Amnesty Perk and sign a cheap replacement. No tax penalty.

2) Trade Westbrook for picks and prospects like they did Harden. No tax penalty.
1,000,000,000) Trade Harden.

Kyuui-Musikq
11-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Sounds like Abaka. Man, I can only dream....

Someone in that mold, but if were someone at that level it would take a major shakeup to get him

Kyuui-Musikq
11-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Big stiffs who bang in the post and defend can be had cheaply. The Lakers had already dealt Bynum out of the conference, and Howard's health and return had no definite timetable. The reason they got Perk, to defend bigs in the playoffs, was gone. My choice order would have been:

2) Trade Westbrook for picks and prospects like they did Harden. No tax penalty.

It'll haunt them for the rest of their days. They may try and scramble to make it work but they screwed up big and it will only become more and more apparent when Durant or Westbrook are eventually gone and every Thunder fan is asking, "where and why"?

ElNono
11-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Spurs have never won a 'ship without a hick-ass African-American on the roster tbh.

While this is true, I noticed Perkins lately thinks he's a capable offensive player, and has become some sort of a blackhole. He actually thinks he has a post game. That's why OKC almost never give him the ball these days.

will_spurs
11-05-2013, 02:30 AM

1,000,000,001) Trade Durant

Watching this story unfold, I really felt like it was a game of egos, with the FO/owners essentially saying to Harden "we won't pay that much for a 3rd option" and Harden replying "I'm gonna get paid".

Among the unknowns: whether the owners were ready to open their pocketboot (amnestying a player has a price) and whether Harden would have been content (and efficient) as a 3rd option when there was the lure of being the 1st option elsewhere (and not on a crappy team).

But yeah, saying goodbye to Harden should have been last resort.

Strategic
11-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Then move to OKC, there's plenty of folk there too.

Mugen
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM
While this is true, I noticed Perkins lately thinks he's a capable offensive player, and has become some sort of a blackhole. He actually thinks he has a post game. That's why OKC almost never give him the ball these days.

Garbage coach + a couple of chuckers on the team foster that type of environment tbh. He'll play nice for a year before going nuts like Jack next year when he's a large expiring. Would be nice to have another big on the team that isn't a complete softie tbh.

Spur-Addict
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Perk is garbage, especially for the price.

ElNono
11-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Garbage coach + a couple of chuckers on the team foster that type of environment tbh. He'll play nice for a year before going nuts like Jack next year when he's a large expiring. Would be nice to have another big on the team that isn't a complete softie tbh.

You can always talk me into defense-first players, tbh...

Mugen
11-05-2013, 02:24 PM
You can always talk me into defense-first players, tbh...

Hopefully, better and more realistic options pop up closer to the deadline but Perk ain't a bad haul IMO. Also it's nice to delude yourself into Bonner trade scenarios before reality sets in again tbh.