PDA

View Full Version : Tablet recommendation

diego
11-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone
just wanted to get some advice
Im looking to take advantage of a relative visiting in a month and order a tablet through her (local prices are more than 2x US prices)

So my wife and kids have been bugging me about a tablet and till now Ive been reluctant. But we're moving to a new house out in the country (a couple acres) and I was already planning on setting up a proper network to properly share movies, pictures, music etc etc etc through the different buildings we've got, and I figured a tablet makes a great universal remote to tie that all together so I caved.

The likely usage scenarios for this thing will be email, netflix, candy crush :lol, and watching local movie files through dlna streaming (hopefully through xbmc which is what I use on the rest of my televisions which have their own htpcs). On top of that I'd like to be able to use it as a remote (ie, choose a movie on the tablet and play it on the big screen, adjust volume, etc.) My Onkyo receiver has apps for both ios and android, and I understand there are several such apps to control xbmc, so Im not sure if an IR blaster is really necessary. I recently purchased a couple AC wifi routers which will provide the wifi for the property, but AFAIK the only tablet with AC wifi is the samsung note 2014 but from what Ive read the stylus and touchwiz will only get in my way for my usage scenario

The other big thing is my wife is an iphone user and im in android. All of the PCs at home are windows 7. Ive been looking at the nexus 7, mini retina, xperia Z tablet (ir blaster + waterproof, I have 3 kids and the oldest is 5) and asus transformer tf701. My main concern with the ipad is that it will be a hassle to get it to play nice with all the non-apple devices and media files not coming through netflix. My main concern with the android tablets is if they will be intuitive and tough enough to be used by my wife and kids (lets face it, I'll be lucky to use this thing more than 20 minutes a day with that competition!). Also, not sure if the 7-8 inch tablets are big enough to watch movies on / if the 10 inchers are too uncomfortable to use lying down. Ive seen some of them in person here but they're tethered so you cant really get a feel for normal use, and the only people I know who have tablets have ipads and do zero local streaming, all netflix.

Thanks for any input

*edit- my kids will do fine on android, they already use my nexus 4, its my wife who will have to adapt from ios to android

leemajors
11-05-2013, 06:33 PM
the mini retina won't be available until late Nov, and the supplies are likely to be severely constrained. If you're looking for the best deal, the nexus 7 is probably the way to go.

diego
11-05-2013, 06:35 PM
yeah i figured that might be the case, my sister comes mid december and it looks like a cousin will come in january, so if its worth it I can wait

diego
11-05-2013, 06:38 PM
IIRC leemajors you've got both ios and android equipment, do you think the streaming stuff is a non issue comparing between them or is android easier/more compatible than ios?

leemajors
11-05-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't have any Android equipment at the moment, but there are plenty of people in here that do. I do think the Onkyo receivers w/Airplay only streams audio, but I think you can wrangle XBMC to accept Airplay connections anyway if you are running it. Kids are pretty smart about stuff like this, especially if they have had it around for a while, so I doubt one is easier than the other. Old people would be another matter.

As far as durability goes, my daughter is 8 and has had iDevices around since she was 2, and hasn't broken one. I, on the other hand, have dropped and broken an iPhone and an iPad so far :lol

ElNono
11-05-2013, 07:16 PM
The Nexus 7 is supposed to be extremely fast, and the price is tempting... I've been doing some Android development lately and I've been eyeing some tablets and phones to test stuff with, and the Nexus 7 appears to have the best bang for the buck.

Personally, we have 10" iPads at home, but we don't really do any streaming (outside watching some video on youtube).

diego
11-05-2013, 10:13 PM
yeah from my understanding getting just 480p on wifi can be a bit of a hassle with transcoding and whatnot. I guess I'll just have to try and get it working on her iphone 4 and if it doesnt work there then it wont with an ipad either.

I do get the impression that the ipad is a little more durable than the android tablets, that and my wife are the only things keeping my interest in ios.

anakha
11-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Given that 5 people in your household will be using whatever you buy, getting 2 Nexus 7s (about the same price as 1 10" tablet) might be the best bang for your buck. Keeping more people entertained is a good thing, right?

ElNono
11-06-2013, 12:40 AM
yeah from my understanding getting just 480p on wifi can be a bit of a hassle with transcoding and whatnot. I guess I'll just have to try and get it working on her iphone 4 and if it doesnt work there then it wont with an ipad either.

I do get the impression that the ipad is a little more durable than the android tablets, that and my wife are the only things keeping my interest in ios.

I do 720p over 802.11n no problem... the transcoding is done on the DNLA server, so as long as that machine can keep up, it shouldn't be a problem.

TeyshaBlue
11-07-2013, 10:04 AM
The Galaxy tabs have built in IR blasters. Plus the Samsung AllShare app does a good job of throwing content to connected devices as well. Ive got an old Tab 2 7.0 that's running all my media devices in my house. I don't use it as much since I got the Samsung mega 6.3 which had pretty much the same features.

DMC
11-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I've got the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

It's more than I need. I wouldn't have this except it was given to me as a gift.

lefty
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM
I've got the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

It's more than I need. I wouldn't have this except it was given to me as a gift.

It has nice features

leemajors
11-15-2013, 07:09 AM
you can order mini retinas now, verge review here:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/14/5102786/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-review

resistanze
11-18-2013, 05:16 PM
you can order mini retinas now, verge review here:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/14/5102786/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-review

Tablet looks attractive but not willing to put the down the cash for one.

Ended up buying a Nexus 7 (2013) on a special deal for about $165. Probably the most I'm willing to spend, lol.

lefty
11-18-2013, 07:13 PM

Ended up buying a Nexus 7 (2013) on a special deal for about $165. Probably the most I'm willing to spend, lol.

:wow
Rez got a tablet?? :wow

What was the special deal?

resistanze
11-18-2013, 07:32 PM
:wow
Rez got a tablet?? :wow

What was the special deal?

Nexus 7, after taxes for $165 after credit rebate and paypal deal , versus $260 after taxes at play store. I shop Shop.ca, but it hasn't shipped yet. Yeah, BIG impulse buy :lol

For that price? Couldn't resist tbh

lefty
11-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Nexus 7, after taxes for $165 after credit rebate and paypal deal , versus $260 after taxes at play store. I shop Shop.ca, but it hasn't shipped yet. Yeah, BIG impulse buy :lol

For that price? Couldn't resist tbh

ah yeah shop.ca forgot about them

But other than the better price, was there another deciding factor?

I remember you saying that laptop + smartphone was enough

resistanze
11-18-2013, 09:06 PM
ah yeah shop.ca forgot about them

But other than the better price, was there another deciding factor?

I remember you saying that laptop + smartphone was enough

Price was the main factor tbh. The price is low enough that even if I don't end up using it too often, I won't feel bad (vs the $550 I spent on Asus tablet before).

But I'm honestly gonna give it a try. It's small enough that I can carry it out in situations where I need to be occupied as well (i.e. TV episodes, etc)

lefty
11-18-2013, 09:58 PM
yeah as you know I had the 1st gen Nexus 7

Form factor is great, and the tablet itself is great

I assume you got the 16 g ?

resistanze
11-18-2013, 10:02 PM
yeah as you know I had the 1st gen Nexus 7

Form factor is great, and the tablet itself is great

I assume you got the 16 g ?

Yeah 16GB should be enough for me. What happened to your N7?

lefty
11-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Yeah 16GB should be enough for me. What happened to your N7?
Returned it within 14 days

Chickened out :lol

In retrospect that was stupid, should have kept it :lol

leemajors
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM

I may scoop up a 32gb for my daughter's birthday if I can still trade in my iPad 3 for $200 in March. Well, my birthday is 3 days after so it will be for both of us :lol

leemajors
11-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I may scoop up a 32gb for my daughter's birthday if I can still trade in my iPad 3 for $200 in March. Well, my birthday is 3 days after so it will be for both of us :lol

Scratch that i can snag a 32gb air for $239, may have to do that soon

Cry Havoc
11-21-2013, 04:01 PM
I absolutely love my nexus 7 (2013). Insanely fast, great for gaming, and the perfect size for Netflix on the go.

Even better... Maybe the best feature is that with Firefox beta + flash I can stream spurs games online when I'm not near my computer. Just awesome.

resistanze
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Scratch that i can snag a 32gb air for $239, may have to do that soon
Ridiculous, tbh. i'd pick it up for that price no question.

I absolutely love my nexus 7 (2013). Insanely fast, great for gaming, and the perfect size for Netflix on the go.

Even better... Maybe the best feature is that with Firefox beta + flash I can stream spurs games online when I'm not near my computer. Just awesome.

Damn I'm excited now. I have to go to Fedex when I'm done @ work to pick up my N7. Are you on 4.4 now?

Cry Havoc
11-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Ridiculous, tbh. i'd pick it up for that price no question.

Damn I'm excited now. I have to go to Fedex when I'm done @ work to pick up my N7. Are you on 4.4 now?

Haven't updated yet. Will be doing so tonight, I think, although I'll be checking the forums to make sure it's still rootable after.

resistanze
11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Updated to 4.4, then used CF-Root, no problems.

Venti Quattro
11-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Android has very good phones. But when it comes to tablets, no one can compete with the 10" iPad

lefty
11-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Dammit I want one now

resistanze
11-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Dammit I want one now

Nexus 7 (2013) is beastly, destroys the one I got for my mother last X-mas :lol

I should be getting an additional $20 cashback, taking my total to 142.95 after taxes :wow

lefty
11-22-2013, 12:48 AM
You SOB

Cry Havoc
11-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Android has very good phones. But when it comes to tablets, no one can compete with the 10" iPad

Get 2 Nexus 7's and duct tape them together.

Easy.

DMC
11-23-2013, 01:29 PM
It has nice features

The display looks pretty decent. It's got a stylus which is good for certain things. I haven't done much with it yet.

Venti Quattro
11-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Get 2 Nexus 7's and duct tape them together.

Easy.

The Nexus 7 obviously shits on the gimmicky iPad mini but the 10" iPad is untouchable.

leemajors
11-23-2013, 02:27 PM
The Nexus 7 obviously shits on the gimmicky iPad mini but the 10" iPad is untouchable.

the retana mini is no gimmick, very nice tablet.

lefty
11-23-2013, 08:29 PM
For 10' tablets I would rather get the Nexus 10

Fuck iOS imo

But I prefer the 7' form factor

diego
11-27-2013, 09:34 AM
So I've been waiting to see what sales come up and pull the trigger, when I see that some local stores did a cyber monday event here (they didnt even bother to translate monday :lol) and I went ahead and bought the xperia tablet Z 16gb for 440 US.

It was only a few dollars more than the current amazon price and if theres a problem I dont have to send the tablet to the US for warranty repair. Im sure it will be on sale friday for less than 400 but the warranty's gotta be worth something, right? (right?? :cry) I was going for the nexus 7 but the ir blaster, water proofing and my sony hardware fetish beat out the nexus 7's savings, screen and steady updates. I just hope i dont regret it!

resistanze
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM
You SOB

Now I got $10 eGift card for shop.ca in the mail, and got another one for signing up to another website. I have almost $50 to spend on shop.ca :lol

symple19
11-27-2013, 01:08 PM
For 10' tablets I would rather get the Nexus 10

Fuck iOS imo

But I prefer the 7' form factor

Really happy with my Nexus 10, tbh

7 is just too small...

leemajors
11-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Really happy with my Nexus 10, tbh

7 is just too small...

Just read vol 19 of walking dead...

lefty
11-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Now I got $10 eGift card for shop.ca in the mail, and got another one for signing up to another website. I have almost $50 to spend on shop.ca :lol
yeah SHop.ca offers 25$ for signing up, and another 20$ when you buy a NExus 7

resistanze
11-27-2013, 05:08 PM
yeah SHop.ca offers 25$ for signing up, and another 20$ when you buy a Nexus 7

Yeah, basically they chared $250 for the N7 (was $230 but I guess they were getting raped)

$250 + tax - $25 1st purchase - $25 paypal deal - $10 sign up - 20% of purchase.

After the purchase they gave $6.15 + $20 for buying nexus + 2 x $10 gift cards in the mail = $46.15 to use on shop.ca

I had never even heard of this site until this deal :lol

lefty
11-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah, basically they chared $250 for the N7 (was $230 but I guess they were getting raped)

$250 + tax - $25 1st purchase - $25 paypal deal - $10 sign up - 20% of purchase.

After the purchase they gave $6.15 + $20 for buying nexus + 2 x $10 gift cards in the mail = $46.15 to use on shop.ca

I had never even heard of this site until this deal :lol
:lol nice

symple19
11-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Just read vol 19 of walking dead...

Nice. I've read through 18. It's still fun, but getting a bit formulaic. Kirkman needs something big to shake things up, iyam, although I like Negan, as well as the dude with the pet Tiger :lol

Will DL 19 in the next few days

What's up with the beer? I'm good for it. Was gonna throw in some literature on Asheville when I sent the package back your way...Along with some IPA, of course.

Hope your Thanksgiving goes well... Everything except a Cowboys win, anyway :lol

leemajors
11-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Nice. I've read through 18. It's still fun, but getting a bit formulaic. Kirkman needs something big to shake things up, iyam, although I like Negan, as well as the dude with the pet Tiger :lol

Will DL 19 in the next few days

What's up with the beer? I'm good for it. Was gonna throw in some literature on Asheville when I sent the package back your way...Along with some IPA, of course.

Hope your Thanksgiving goes well... Everything except a Cowboys win, anyway :lol

I get my check with a shit ton of OT next week, so i will do it then.

Negan definitely got it interesting again for sure. I couldn't find a volume scan so i just d/led each individually.

symple19
11-30-2013, 02:45 PM
I get my check with a shit ton of OT next week, so i will do it then.

Negan definitely got it interesting again for sure. I couldn't find a volume scan so i just d/led each individually.

:tu

I just wait until they come out on the Play Store. Hopefully that will be soon (for 19). I used to just rip em' off TPB but I really want to support Kirkman. Now I own all the volumes :)

Edit: Yeah, 19 is out. Will pick it up soon

Drachen
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I would take a hard look a the Dell Venue Pro 8.
Full windows 8.1
Intel Baytrail CPU
~11 hours battery time
MS Office 2013
Synaptic Digitizer (stylus not included)

Since it's full windows and not RT, you can run bluestacks which allows you to run android apps if you can't find what you are looking for, plus you can run any legacy program.

The cost is between 230 (sale prices) and 299 regular price).

Full disclosure, I don't own one, but this thing is pretty intriguing.

leemajors
12-03-2013, 10:18 AM
dell sent out an email yesterday offering voluntary resignation with severance based on tenure for the next two weeks, so if you wait a little longer they may be even cheaper

cantthinkofanything
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I really wanted to pull the trigger on the Nexus 7 but ended up going with the Fire 7 HDX 64G. Has great reviews and it goes hand in hand with my Prime account. Yesterday they had $50 off plus another $50 credit if you signed up for an Amazon credit card. Used that $100 to buy a case and 2 year protection plan.

Drachen
12-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but I would take a hard look a the Dell Venue Pro 8.
Full windows 8.1
Intel Baytrail CPU
~11 hours battery time
MS Office 2013
Synaptic Digitizer (stylus not included)

Since it's full windows and not RT, you can run bluestacks which allows you to run android apps if you can't find what you are looking for, plus you can run any legacy program.

The cost is between 230 (sale prices) and 299 regular price).

Full disclosure, I don't own one, but this thing is pretty intriguing.

99 bucks on Monday for the first 100 orders from the Microsoft Store, and the first 20 at the B&M Microsoft stores

diego
12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
so the fine print on my local deal here was that the tablet got delivered weeks later. Now that i've had it a couple days, Im pretty satisfied. xbmc and netflix work great, the screen is pretty and very bright, and its light and thin and generally very easy to handle. The ir blaster works as advertised, as does the water proofing. The only bummers are the battery life is weaker than my friends ipad, and I havent been able to get miracast screen mirroring to work yet (though it might be the tv box i got, my nexus 4 wont cast onto it either). Also, the water proofing works but the water reacts with the screen so unless there is an app out there that takes timed snapshots without responding to the touch screen, all the water proofing is really good for is easy cleaning and extra durability. It is nice to watch movies in the middle of the pool though :hat

cantthinkofanything
12-16-2013, 03:57 PM
so the fine print on my local deal here was that the tablet got delivered weeks later. Now that i've had it a couple days, Im pretty satisfied. xbmc and netflix work great, the screen is pretty and very bright, and its light and thin and generally very easy to handle. The ir blaster works as advertised, as does the water proofing. The only bummers are the battery life is weaker than my friends ipad, and I havent been able to get miracast screen mirroring to work yet (though it might be the tv box i got, my nexus 4 wont cast onto it either). Also, the water proofing works but the water reacts with the screen so unless there is an app out there that takes timed snapshots without responding to the touch screen, all the water proofing is really good for is easy cleaning and extra durability. It is nice to watch movies in the middle of the pool though :hat

lmao. you're watching movies on a tablet in your "pool".

leemajors
01-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Got my retina mini yesterday - 64Gb for $449, perfect size. Went with the Dodocase cause I get 50% off of them, love it - looks just like a moleskine. Would highly recommend the dodocase for the Nexus 7 too. Gonna sell my third gen iPad for like $350 I think.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2014, 06:36 AM
my bro just bought a sg note 3...looks okay...need to observe the screen more whats the hype with oled screen cause of the black on black it gives is better then anything on the market...

CuckingFunt
01-17-2014, 01:07 PM
I tend to be the go-to person for my friends' tech questions, but I've been asked one about tablets and don't know anywhere near enough about them to answer.

Specifically, I know someone who is strongly considering a tablet and has almost certainly narrowed it down to a Galaxy Note 10.1, but can't decide between the now cheap first version and the much more expensive 2014 edition. Only differences I can find between the two, other than design, have to do with processor and screen resolution. What I'm wondering, from those who have and use tablets regularly, do either of those things really matter that much for fairly casual tablet use? My advice in all things tech is typically to go with the best specs you can afford, but considering the built-in limitations of tablets' functionality I don't honestly know if that would apply in this case.

resistanze
01-17-2014, 04:21 PM
I tend to be the go-to person for my friends' tech questions, but I've been asked one about tablets and don't know anywhere near enough about them to answer.

Specifically, I know someone who is strongly considering a tablet and has almost certainly narrowed it down to a Galaxy Note 10.1, but can't decide between the now cheap first version and the much more expensive 2014 edition. Only differences I can find between the two, other than design, have to do with processor and screen resolution. What I'm wondering, from those who have and use tablets regularly, do either of those things really matter that much for fairly casual tablet use? My advice in all things tech is typically to go with the best specs you can afford, but considering the built-in limitations of tablets' functionality I don't honestly know if that would apply in this case.

For fairly causal tablet use, I wouldn't even go with the Note 10.1. Any reason you friend is set on that one? Is it the stylus? I've used the Note 10.1 and it needs work IMO.

That being said, the Note 10.1 goes for like $550. At that price point there's really no reason not to go with a iPad Air for $500, which probably superior in most areas.

If it's Android your friend wants:
Nexus 7" (one of best tablets in its class but obviously smaller: $230-$270)
Nexus 10" ($399, still powerful but getting older)
Xperia Z ($550, more storage but stil expensive; better than Note imo)
ASUS MeMo Smart Pad 10 (Can be had for under $300, and better than Note)

CuckingFunt
01-17-2014, 08:39 PM
For fairly causal tablet use, I wouldn't even go with the Note 10.1. Any reason you friend is set on that one? Is it the stylus? I've used the Note 10.1 and it needs work IMO.

Android and size are must haves. The S-Pen functionality and the fact it's part of the Galaxy family (her last two phones have been the SIII and SIV, both of which she's loved) are strong pluses, but not deal breakers.

That being said, the Note 10.1 goes for like $550. At that price point there's really no reason not to go with a iPad Air for $500, which probably superior in most areas.

If it's Android your friend wants:
Nexus 7" (one of best tablets in its class but obviously smaller: $230-$270)
Nexus 10" ($399, still powerful but getting older)
Xperia Z ($550, more storage but stil expensive; better than Note imo)
ASUS MeMo Smart Pad 10 (Can be had for under $300, and better than Note)

Thanks. I'll pass that along.

DJ Mbenga
01-18-2014, 01:45 AM
i own the venue 8 pro. its pretty damn awesome powerful small device. the biggest problem is its micro usb connector. sure you can buy an otg cable but it wont allow you to charge the device while connecting anything else to it. it doesnt have a hdmi port so you cant connect to a tv easily. you can do miracast but the tech is unrealiable with the device and it has a bit of a lag, 720p can sometimes get choppy.
you can also do this, but as long as they cant fix the charging thing i wont buy one but its pretty cool:
jPPY4m8iY0k

lefty
01-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Dude you're old

mavsfan1000
11-14-2014, 05:37 PM
iPad Air 2

anakha
11-14-2014, 05:44 PM
After the massive disappointment that was the Nexus 9, I'm pretty reluctant to recommend anything other than iPads.

lefty
11-14-2014, 06:49 PM
^

Nexus 7 and 10 2nd gen
NIVIDIA Shield
Latest Samsung

anakha
11-14-2014, 06:58 PM
I try to avoid recommending previous releases unless budget constraints are an issue or the person has minor tablet uses.

Shield isn't available in my neck of the woods, and I avoid recommending stuff I haven't tried for myself.

The Tab S series might come the closest, but being priced like an iPad with an ecosystem that isn't as good makes things dicey. Besides, lol Samsung.

leemajors
11-14-2014, 08:03 PM
^

Nexus 7 and 10 2nd gen
NIVIDIA Shield
Latest Samsung

:lol not over ipad air 2

Venti Quattro
11-14-2014, 08:23 PM
You can't make me use another tablet aside from the iPad

lefty
11-14-2014, 10:04 PM
:lol not over ipad air 2

Latest Samsung yes tbh

leemajors
11-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Latest Samsung yes tbh

:lmao you can't be serious

lefty
11-15-2014, 12:48 AM
:lmao you can't be serious

I am
:lmao iOS

leemajors
11-15-2014, 01:00 AM
I am
:lmao iOS

Do you still hate tablets? Basics for comics tbh

lefty
11-15-2014, 02:03 AM
Excellent for comics

mavsfan1000
11-17-2014, 03:16 AM
lol Samsung. Definitely not over the iPad Air 2.

lefty
11-17-2014, 08:13 AM
lol Samsung. Definitely not over the iPad Air 2.

Have you tried the latest Samsung tablets?

SRS question

leemajors
11-17-2014, 09:08 AM

SRS question

anand says the Exynos 5420 can barely keep up with teh display on the Galaxy Tab S, why would you want that?

lefty
11-17-2014, 09:54 AM
anand says the Exynos 5420 can barely keep up with teh display on the Galaxy Tab S, why would you want that?
Non issue

resistanze
11-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Non issue

:lol Samsung charging $600 for their tablets. You don't price yourself against the iPad, that's just dumb.

Besides the Nexus 7, I wouldn't recommend anyone an Android tablet unless it comes at a great price.

lefty
11-17-2014, 11:12 AM
:lol Samsung charging $600 for their tablets. You don't price yourself against the iPad, that's just dumb.

Besides the Nexus 7, I wouldn't recommend anyone an Android tablet unless it comes at a great price.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-galaxy-tab-4-8-16gb-android-4-4-tablet-with-1-2-ghz-quad-core-processor-black-sm-t330nykaxac/10292504.aspx

I played wit hthe Tab 4 and it's pretty good TBH, not 600 bucks :lol

mavsfan1000
11-17-2014, 11:29 AM

SRS question
I've seen reviews on it. It looks ugly. Made of plastic. And no one has better game apps than Apple. It's also lighter. And Apple products consistently get better reviews on all their products.

lefty
11-17-2014, 11:31 AM
I've seen reviews on it. It looks ugly. Made of plastic. And no one has better game apps than Apple. It's also lighter. And Apple products consistently get better reviews on all their products.
I htought the newest ones were made of metal

lefty
11-17-2014, 01:15 PM
But yeah, when it comes to Android, Nexus 7 FTW tbh;I'm more than happy with mine

I have nothing against iPads tbh; Apple does make great tablets tbh
(but fuck using iTunes)

leemajors
11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
But yeah, when it comes to Android, Nexus 7 FTW tbh;I'm more than happy with mine

I have nothing against iPads tbh; Apple does make great tablets tbh
(but fuck using iTunes)

ATT is giving away galaxy tab 3's with new uverse giga accts. doesn't make up for their shitty caps tho they can gft