PDA

View Full Version : Chalmers or George Hill?

phxspurfan
11-05-2013, 08:32 PM
If we had to re-draft, would the FO draft Chalmers instead of having drafted Hill? Turning Hill into Leonard was nice (especially since we traded away Paul George, sigh) but would Chalmers have been better? He now has 2 rings and is a solid #1 PG who gets steals by the bunches and can hit threes in the clutch.

ThaBigFundamental21
11-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Really Chalmers? Definitely still George Hill. Chalmers sucks.

Texas_Ranger
11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
lol Chalmers.

DJR210
11-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol, fuck Chalmers.

And like you said, the Hill draft turned into Kawhi. No way they trade that pick for Chalmers.

Holden_Caulfield
11-05-2013, 08:52 PM
:lmao

Mel_13
11-05-2013, 08:53 PM
If we had to re-draft, would the FO draft Chalmers instead of having drafted Hill? Turning Hill into Leonard was nice (especially since we traded away Paul George, sigh) but would Chalmers have been better? He now has 2 rings and is a solid #1 PG who gets steals by the bunches and can hit threes in the clutch.

Chalmers doesn't net Leonard and that's really the end of it. Also, characterizing Chalmers as a solid #1 PG is generous, to say the least.

barakz21
11-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Chalmers IS the one guy the Miami big 3 yells a lot at.... Although to be fair, a lot of people thought he was the better and safer pick.

spurraider21
11-05-2013, 08:59 PM
No

Russ
11-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Although to be fair, a lot of people thought he was the better and safer pick.

I wanted Chalmers at the time. Wrong again. :)

(No way we could have acquired Leonard for Chalmers.)

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Chalmers for Hill? Yep.

Chalmers for Leonard? Not a chance.

daslicer
11-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Chalmers is an undersized SG that works well in the Heat's system. Lebron is really the PG of that team considering he leads them in assists. Chalmers without Wade and Lebron would be trash. He thrives off of the attention those two guys get from the defense and knows how to take advantage of that by getting open 3's and easy layups.

Obstructed_View
11-05-2013, 09:43 PM
So essentially, the question is would you rather have Chalmers and George, or Hill then Kawhi.

exstatic
11-05-2013, 10:17 PM

:lol Chalmers gets looks playing with three All NBA (two HOF) players in their primes. Put him on Utah, and maybe his option doesn't even get picked up.

timtonymanu
11-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Hate on Chalmers, but the guy knows how to perform in the playoffs.

Hill is obviously the more well rounded player but Hill still has a tendency to play soft and scared.

Chalmers > Hill (not factoring in the Leonard trade)

DesignatedT
11-05-2013, 10:19 PM
lol smh

McGusto55
11-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Fuck chalmers

barakz21
11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
I wanted Chalmers at the time. Wrong again. :)

(No way we could have acquired Leonard for Chalmers.)

Same here man, I mean the guy led Kansas to a title. Supposedly, he had the skills and the moxie and is basically "proven" compared to Hill.

KL2
11-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Would rather have a true PG, both guys are nothing more than undersized SG's, a position which SA is stacked with.

As for who's the better player, Hill.

NickiRasgo
11-06-2013, 12:05 AM
George Hill to Kawhi Leonard

Mario Chalmers to Kawhi Leonard? I don't think so.

DMC
11-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Tractor Traylor to Dirk...

Bad ranking method.

szkorhetz
11-06-2013, 01:02 AM
You guys are always all about our system, which makes srubs to stars. Just think about this. Chalmers never played in this kind of system, while Hill pretty much enjoyed the benefits of Pop. I even think that Chalmers is a better fit. But yeah, the Leonard trade might happen if our system features Chalmers at backup PG.

Stabula
11-06-2013, 12:57 PM
They're both shit, honestly.

hater
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM
put HIll playing next to Lebron, Wade and Bosh, and put Chalmers in Indiana.

let's see how good Chalmers looks then

james evans
11-06-2013, 04:26 PM
george hill. chalmers is a master flopper(aka bitch) and gets baskets due to playing with 3 guys that at times require double teams. he was good at kansas too, but his defense consists of flopping and that's really all he does. george hill is fearless. we all remember his battles with kobe when he was with the spurs. chalmers is a better shooter though.

james evans
11-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Same here man, I mean the guy led Kansas to a title. Supposedly, he had the skills and the moxie and is basically "proven" compared to Hill.
that was more aurthor's doing in that last game than chalmers, but he did hit the 3 pointer to send it to OT. i was happy for them cuz i hate memphis.

james evans
11-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Hill is obviously the more well rounded player but Hill still has a tendency to play soft and scared.

once again, chalmers is playing with wade, bosh, and lebron.

timtonymanu
11-06-2013, 05:39 PM
george hill. chalmers is a master flopper(aka bitch) and gets baskets due to playing with 3 guys that at times require double teams. he was good at kansas too, but his defense consists of flopping and that's really all he does. george hill is fearless. we all remember his battles with kobe when he was with the spurs. chalmers is a better shooter though.

George Hill fearless? He's still a mental midget on the road. And still has games where he looks soft.

You can bring up that Chalmers plays with LeBron and Wade but he still has a clutch gene in him. Don't get me wrong, Hill is a better overall player but in the playoffs, I would rather have Chalmers than Hill.

Beaverfuzz
11-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Supernintendo Chalmers?

Kidd K
11-07-2013, 04:08 AM
George Hill by a mile and a half. Chalmers is overrated as fuck because of the team he plays for.

Chalmers is worse than the other overrated bandwagon team PG Derek Fisher on an average year. All that irrelevant doormat Chalmers ever does is gamble for steals and wait for LeBron to pass him the ball for open threes.

I would take about 40 other PGs before him.

K-State Spur
11-07-2013, 08:42 AM

Chalmers has hit some key shots - but "knows how to perform in playoffs"? errr....no. Career 12.2 PER in playoffs, including 11.2 last year. George Hill has never had a single playoff run (save for small sample size rookie year) that was lower than 12.8.

ThaBigFundamental21
11-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Player to player, I still think Hill is more talented. Honestly I have never thought Chalmers was good. He is a solid 3 point shooter, other than that I don't think he has any redeeming qualities. How could you not be a good 3 point shooter when you have Lebron and Wade attacking the rim. You should be wide open, all you have to do is knock down shots. Never been a fan. Hill is probably more athletic, better on D. Doesn't Hill come off the bench? I'm pretty sure he has a higher PPG as well. I would take Hill always over Chalmers.