PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs win without Danny Green, tbh?..

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm not giving up on Green, he always has stretches where he struggles and bounces back, tbh..I believe that be will be fine..

However, if he doesn't, can the Spurs survive without him?..

The 2012-2013 West Champion Spurs in games where they won: Danny Green shot an outrageous 48% from 3-point range..

In losses: Danny Green shot 31% from 3..

Scary how valuable he is to this team, tbh..

Darius McCrary
11-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Not scary at all it's predictable.

DesignatedT
11-05-2013, 11:11 PM
He went through similar shooting struggles last season as well.

Could the Heat have won without Shane Battier, Could the Heat have won without Mike Milller. Lol

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2013, 11:15 PM
He went through similar shooting struggles last season as well.

Could the Heat have won without Shane Battier, Could the Heat have won without Mike Milller. Lol

The Heat had many shooters that took turns last year..

Last year's Spurs were very reliant on Green's shooting, he was unreal last season..

PlayNando
11-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Green was the truth last year

then he turned traitor and partied with lebron after going almost 0-fer in the final two finals games and has never been the same tbh

success got to his head imo

apalisoc_9
11-05-2013, 11:22 PM
They can win without Danny Green..But that's only because Miami is probably running on fumes right now and houston is still a question mark.

Honestly, the spurs chances of winning without DG would take a huge hit, but they can do it without him.

Mugen
11-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Manu being shitty from outside last year contributed to that reliance on Danny tbh. Hopefully he gets his stroke back this season and timely shooting from Beli, Kawhi, and even Boris should help the Spurs not be so Green-reliant tbh.

Danny will have some pretty big ups/downs this season. Just the nature of his game, not worried about him at all tbh

KL2
11-05-2013, 11:24 PM
I doubt it, opposing PG's would destroy us. If there is one thing he's consistently good at it's defending undersized 2 guards and PG's. Without him SA doesn't even beat GS, he had Curry shooting a ridiculously low % against him last year.

He's a very valuable player to have with all these great PG's in the West.

Robz4000
11-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Shot terrible tonight but I'm not sure the Spurs win this game without him. He made a lot of plays and did the little things.

MI21
11-05-2013, 11:27 PM
He is playing absolutely hideous at the moment, but this is pretty typical.

He needs a game with 5/6 3's and he will be fine.

But, I don't see any other improvements to his game, which isn't a big deal, but he clearly is what he is.

11-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious. The Spurs won't even have a heartbreaking game 6 without Green having the best 3 point shooting in NBA finals history.

Boomersgold
11-05-2013, 11:29 PM
What does he actually give the Spurs besides his three point shooting?

Mugen
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Danny's one of my favorite players on the team, regardless of his up & down play tbh. Not sure why but probably tied to how much i hated washed up Finley, Mason and the Centerpiece.

Brunodf
11-05-2013, 11:31 PM
He can't play worse than he did tonight...

ElNono
11-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Danny will be there when you need him, and Marco is there too as backup... not worried yet

Brunodf
11-05-2013, 11:32 PM
What does he actually give the Spurs besides his three point shooting?
Take stupid 18 footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock

ElNono
11-05-2013, 11:33 PM
He had a solid block tonight... those are momentum changing plays... we can use that D here and there

Mugen
11-05-2013, 11:35 PM
His ability to guard PGs like CP3, Westbrook, and Curry make him extremely valuable to this roster regardless of his dumb plays and streaky shooting tbh.

Chinook
11-05-2013, 11:36 PM
No. The Spurs have no room for error. Both the Big and Medium Threes need to be on come the playoffs. It's crazy how much people underrate Green's intangibles. Is not a coincidence that he had the only positive plus-minus of the starters. Even when he looks horrible, he makes the team better.

Johnny RIngo
11-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Manu being shitty from outside last year contributed to that reliance on Danny tbh. Hopefully he gets his stroke back this season

He's even worse this year.

and timely shooting from Beli

Neal 2.0

Kawhi, and even Boris should help the Spurs not be so Green-reliant tbh.

An agressive Boris is nice but I don't think Kawhi's a good enough shooter to make up for Green's production from beyond the arc

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Green is an elite 3-point shooter and a very good defensive player..the combination of Green/Leonard has played a large part in the Spurs' defensive resurgence..

I don't understand why people compare him to 1-D players like Beli and Neal, tbh..he's much more important to this team..

Mugen
11-05-2013, 11:40 PM
He's even worse this year.

Neal 2.0

An agressive Boris is nice but I don't think Kawhi's a good enough shooter to make up for Green's production from beyond the arc

:lol Give it more than one week into the season tbh

ElNono
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Green is also one of those players that play more motivated at home... he needs a good stretch of home games to get his confidence up... the schedule so far has been pretty rocky for the Spurs, with a bunch of road games and back to backs...

PlayNando
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Green is also one of those players that play more motivated at home... he needs a good stretch of home games to get his confidence up... the schedule so far has been pretty rocky for the Spurs, with a bunch of road games and back to backs...
a.k.a. he's a mental midget? :lol

ElNono
11-05-2013, 11:51 PM
a.k.a. he's a mental midget? :lol

No... he's just not that experienced... some players feed off the crowd more than others... I feel Danny is a lot like that.

freetiago
11-05-2013, 11:53 PM
he needs to adjust to being known as one of the best 3 point shooters in the league
every coach is probably telling guys to help off anyone but Green now where last year they would always help off him

hater
11-06-2013, 01:08 AM
depends what you mean by win.

Can they win regular season games and maybe 1 playoff series. Sure.

Can they win the West w/out Green? no, they probably won't even win the West with Danny Green playing

mrjap2x
11-06-2013, 01:14 AM
There is a reason he is called IcyHot. Does anyone know how to view a players shot chart at nba.com, all I see there are featured ones not for every player.

Skull-1
11-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Take stupid 18 footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock

No, Manu does that for us...

tim_duncan_fan
11-06-2013, 01:33 AM
People biting the hand that feeds them, tbh. Danny does little shit just about every game that makes you go "that's why he's on the team," especially defensively. He deserves to start, even with his awful beginning this season. Honestly displeased with folks calling for his head already.

spurspokesman
11-06-2013, 02:03 AM
How quickly they forget............. Green for three.. he got it... again