PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: My nigga Paul George

AchillesHeel
11-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Before the game vs Pistons, he was averaging 25.7 ppg 8.3 reb 4.3 ast 1.7 stl 1.0 blk 48,1% FG 43,5% 3PT(7.7 attempts per game!)

And he just had a 31 point 10 reb 4 ast 4 stl game vs Pistons on 12-18 shooting with 4-8 from 3

Pacers are also 4 - 0

:worthy:

chief keef
11-06-2013, 04:27 AM
the key to that team is how solid all their hairlines are

romsey31
11-06-2013, 05:57 AM
We are definitely off to a great start. While Hibbs has looked stellar on D. His offense leaves alot to be desired. Pg Has started the season better than I ever imagined he would. The real test will come tonight against the Bulls.

Rogue
11-06-2013, 07:35 AM
I used to think he was just a glorified Josh Howard and now I've realized what a horrible comparison it was. Nigga is probably an eastern Durant, even an upgraded version with better D and a leader's gene.

AchillesHeel
11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
I used to think he was just a glorified Josh Howard and now I've realized what a horrible comparison it was. Nigga is probably an eastern Durant, even an upgraded version with better D and a leader's gene.

He definitely has IT, he just needs to keep bringing it on a consistent basis, he has the potential to be the 2nd best player next to Lebron, but he needs to keep doing what he's doing right now, be aggressive and handle the ball. But I kinda like him for that, when the team is doing fine overall, he won't force it to get 30 points or whatever when they're already winning, a complete opposite to Kobe IMO. He can dominate a game without needing to handle the ball on every single position.

But if the Pacers ever want to win a title or knock the Heat off, George has to be aggressive and he has to be able to take over games by himself, he can lock down the opposing player, but he can also score 30-40 points when he sets his mind to it. He's shooting about 45% from 3 with 8 attempts per game, that's amazing.

PingPong
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Until the playoffs come and the niggas start to do nigga things.

AchillesHeel
11-06-2013, 09:14 AM
George played great in the playoffs last year, shut down Melo in the 2nd round.

PingPong
11-06-2013, 09:17 AM
But they did a lot of stupid costly mistakes.

romsey31
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
But they did a lot of stupid costly mistakes.

Growing pains. Hopefully we learn from those mistakes.

m>s
11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I was the only one here calling him a future star last year, others scoffed me

m>s
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
mr honest at least. You argued with me about this subject iirc :lol

spurraider21
11-06-2013, 01:34 PM
i hope he doesn't get gassed as the season wears on

spurraider21
11-06-2013, 01:35 PM
mr honest at least. You argued with me about this subject iirc :lol
rogue is known to overglorify Josh Howard anyway

Katherine Robinson
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
He is the one who can tilt the balance against the Heat and take advantage of the mismatch the Pacers pose.

HarlemHeat37
11-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Paul George couldn't dribble a basketball just 2 years ago, tbh, his improvement and growth has been phenomenal..he has attributed a lot of his improvement to Frank Vogel, the most underrated coach in the league..Indiana's system looks so much better without George Hill running the point, too, tbh..

Hibbert has become very overrated on the offensive end, he struggles against other legit bigs and can't handle double teams, but he's arguably the best defensive player in the NBA at this point..

Indiana is easily the 2nd best team in the NBA, as I said before the season, tbh..I don't know why people were sleeping on them and hyping up the Bulls..if Granger gives them anything off the bench, they can win the title IMO, but we'll see..

Killakobe81
11-06-2013, 08:06 PM
I love George but think superstar was a bit premature. But so far he is justifying the label. Still think Durant is clear #2 but #3 is DEFINITELY within reach.

Killakobe81
11-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Paul George couldn't dribble a basketball just 2 years ago, tbh, his improvement and growth has been phenomenal..he has attributed a lot of his improvement to Frank Vogel, the most underrated coach in the league..Indiana's system looks so much better without George Hill running the point, too, tbh..

Hibbert has become very overrated on the offensive end, he struggles against other legit bigs and can't handle double teams, but he's arguably the best defensive player in the NBA at this point..

Indiana is easily the 2nd best team in the NBA, as I said before the season, tbh..I don't know why people were sleeping on them and hyping up the Bulls..if Granger gives them anything off the bench, they can win the title IMO, but we'll see..

Not 100% sold on title worthy yet ...pg is a beast but Hibbert is the key to beat Heat.

lefty
11-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Not 100% sold on title worthy yet ...pg is a beast but Hibbert is the key to beat Heat.
this

Rogue
11-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Just hope dude won't turn out to be another Rashard Lewis type of thing. Dude's performance this season so far has been amazing but only time will tell if he can sustain such monster stats tbh

Killakobe81
11-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Heck even tmac and penny couldn't maintain due to health ...but I like this kid hope he realizes all his talent.

TIMMYtoZO
11-07-2013, 12:47 AM
:lol Here we go again. Indiana is a cute little team that will flame out in May per the usual. I see nothing special about this team. The only way Indiana will even push Miami is if the Heat coast like they did last season and allow it to go 7 games again. Indiana's best chance at a championship is if Lebron suffers a season ending injury.

:lol NBA

Arnold Toht
11-07-2013, 12:56 AM
^ Why do you have a faggot in your username?

Holden_Caulfield
11-07-2013, 01:03 AM
the pride of fresno state woot woot

Chomag
11-07-2013, 01:16 PM
He has potential to be bit better then Durant I think. Maybe not as skilled a player as him but I see that (edge) killer competitive instinct that few players have in him. George has also shown that he is not afraid to take on leadership responsibilities and actually seems to relish in that roll.

I hope he does well because I love his game over many of the current super stars today, and I hope that Indiana can get back their fan loyalty because I have always liked that franchise.

spurraider21
11-07-2013, 01:28 PM
:lol Here we go again. Indiana is a cute little team that will flame out in May per the usual. I see nothing special about this team. The only way Indiana will even push Miami is if the Heat coast like they did last season and allow it to go 7 games again. Indiana's best chance at a championship is if Lebron suffers a season ending injury.

the heat are a great team. this notion that "the only way to beat them is if they beat themselves" just comes off as being too defensive. the pacers nearly took them, and if Vogel didn't pull Hibbert TWICE to give up 2 layups, the pacers take game 1 and that series changes... and if the spurs didn't choke in a myraid of ways at the end of game 6, Miami would have lost right there. they're really good, but they're also beatable. its not like they've gotten any better since last year anyway

AchillesHeel
11-07-2013, 01:32 PM

:lol bandwagoner

The Gemini Method
11-07-2013, 02:18 PM
It is more likely up to the continued emergence of Hibbert and whether Stephenson can eliminate the mistakes that he was prone to have in the ECF. I think the addition of Scola was pretty big as was the case vs. D-Rose and the Bulls.

whitemamba
11-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Like i said a million times, george is a super star player. The pacers like gemini said with the addition of scola make them a def contender to win the title this year.

Venti Quattro
03-06-2014, 12:01 AM
What happened, AchillesHeel? Why did you turn heel on Paul George? :cry

King Emmanuel
03-06-2014, 12:02 AM
wow this guy sounds like a faggot.

Kool Bob Love
03-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Before the game vs Pistons, he was averaging 25.7 ppg 8.3 reb 4.3 ast 1.7 stl 1.0 blk 48,1% FG 43,5% 3PT(7.7 attempts per game!)

And he just had a 31 point 10 reb 4 ast 4 stl game vs Pistons on 12-18 shooting with 4-8 from 3

Pacers are also 4 - 0

:worthy:

:lmao

Gummi Clutch
03-06-2014, 03:33 AM
2 fucking points??? 2????

This Indy team is cupcake material tbh

AchillesHeel
03-08-2014, 04:38 AM
What happened, AchillesHeel (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=45227)? Why did you turn heel on Paul George? :cry

I saw it coming, I turned Heel right before he turned into shit

lol 5-12 shooting 13 points against James Harden's elite lockdown defense. Lol blown out by 30 points against the Rockets.

Killakobe81
03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Many of us called this. I said not a superstar yet. #3 was open but he was not there yet and the gap to #2 was still huge.
Now everyone piling on.
Too many knee jerkers in here ...

djohn2oo8
03-08-2014, 11:07 AM
I remember when they started 10-1, I said they were overrated then, how the tide has changed.

AaronY
03-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I remember when they started 10-1, I said they were overrated then, how the tide has changed.
Team's still gonna make the conference finals and take Miami to 6 or 7 games most likely.

sook
03-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Team's still gonna make the conference finals and take Miami to 6 or 7 games most likely.

...because the Raptors are the next best team :lol

Killakobe81
03-08-2014, 03:24 PM

Man after PG murdered dem Spuirs many were saying he was better than KD because he played defense ... LOL

sook
03-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Man after PG murdered dem Spuirs many were saying he was better than KD because he played defense ... LOL

fucking retards tbh...