PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Pelicans Annihilate Grizzlies In Memphis

Darth_Pelican
11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
It's been a slow start to the season for the Pelicans (mostly due to coaching errors by Monty Williams), but tonight they completely demoralized Memphis (garbage time made the score look close) on the road and should get back to .500 after a home game vs. the Lakers on Friday. This team will only get stronger when Ryan Anderson returns in a couple weeks. The team's biggest weakness is Monty Williams, as he has already cost the team 2 wins. Anthony Davis looks like a legit All Star and Eric Gordon has finally removed his vagina costume.

Pelicans78
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Evans finally played well too. However Holiday worries me long-term. I don't think he's very good at the point. Doesn't really know how to run a team efficiently.

Killakobe81
11-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Holiday is good but I don't think he can play in every system tbh.

Rogue
11-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Grizzlies have to be one of the biggest disappointments of the season tbh. They made the WCF last season and was mostly regarded a top 4 in the west, slightly below the top 3 (OKC, Spurs and Clippers) but better than the rest, but they've ceded their place to us imho.

Darth_Pelican
11-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Evans finally played well too. However Holiday worries me long-term. I don't think he's very good at the point. Doesn't really know how to run a team efficiently.

Holiday is better pushing the ball up and down the court, as is the case with most of our current players. The Pelicans have a young athletic team with fresh legs. However, Monty still tries to coach them to play slow, grind it out defensive games. Monty holds the team back.

Pelicans78
11-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Holiday is good but I don't think he can play in every system tbh.

I think he's used to taking a bunch of shots instead of deferring but he has better scorers around him in Davis and Gordon, especially Gordon who doesn't get enough looks at times.

Pelicans78
11-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Holiday is better pushing the ball up and down the court, as is the case with most of our current players. The Pelicans have a young athletic team with fresh legs. However, Monty still tries to coach them to play slow, grind it out defensive games. Monty holds the team back.

I agree with that. This team should run more. They don't have post scorers so they need to attack the basket quickly and either get layups or set up open shooters.

Killakobe81
11-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Grizzlies have to be one of the biggest disappointments of the season tbh. They made the WCF last season and was mostly regarded a top 4 in the west, slightly below the top 3 (OKC, Spurs and Clippers) but better than the rest, but they've ceded their place to us imho.

Mags are good but not better than clips, rox, Spurs, warriors, okc. . I would take rc over all those coaches though including. Doc.

Darth_Pelican
11-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I agree with that. This team should run more. They don't have post scorers so they need to attack the basket quickly and either get layups or set up open shooters.

Agreed. They should be 4-1, however have blown 15+ point leads in 2 of the games because Monty tells them to slow it down and go away from what helped them get the big leads in the first place.

Robz4000
11-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Grizz are gonna be garbage this season it seems. Is this team missing Hollins, or is it something else?

TheCultOfPersonality
11-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Horrible defense and turnovers have killed the Grizzlies this season. They had i think 2 games this season where they turned the ball over 8 times in 1 quarter. This Pelicans game is one of them and I think the 3rd quarter of the Mavs game was the other. I don't get why the Grizzlies defense has become horrible all of a sudden. The Grizzlies didn't lose anyone that matter on that end in the offseason.

Mugen
11-06-2013, 10:51 PM
The Grizzlies suck tbh.

TheCultOfPersonality
11-06-2013, 10:53 PM
The Grizzlies suck tbh.
Can't argue with the truth.

Rogue
11-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Horrible defense and turnovers have killed the Grizzlies this season. They had i think 2 games this season where they turned the ball over 8 times in 1 quarter. This Pelicans game is one of them and I think the 3rd quarter of the Mavs game was the other. I don't get why the Grizzlies defense has become horrible all of a sudden. The Grizzlies didn't lose anyone that matter on that end in the offseason.
they lost a defensive-minded coach though.

chief keef
11-07-2013, 01:06 AM
too many garbage decisions from the management have destroyed this team.

Brunodf
11-07-2013, 01:17 AM
They fired their coach:bang

What were they thinking? WCF wasn't good enough?

ElNono
11-07-2013, 01:20 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/792/182/John-Hollinger_display_image.png

spurraider21
11-07-2013, 02:56 AM
i'm glad i did something right when i drafted Anthony Davis #8 overall in fantasy

oh and :lol canning Lionel Hollins

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2013, 03:37 AM
grizz are like the pistons 00-05

they dont really have a legit offensive option that can take over games

they rely to much on their defensive schemes, hence their players are not guys u can rely on to score

BRHornet45
11-07-2013, 04:14 AM
lol at fool ass bitches getting excited over this win.

this team isn't going anywhere with that clown ass motherfucker as coach. please send his ass back to the Spurs ... maybe he can help their janitorial team.

scanry
11-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Mags are good but not better than clips, rox, Spurs, warriors, okc. . I would take rc over all those coaches though including. Doc.

I have the Mavs at 5 after OKC, LAC, SAS & Hou.

Rogue
11-07-2013, 07:23 AM
lol at fool ass bitches getting excited over this win.

this team isn't going anywhere with that clown ass motherfucker as coach. please send his ass back to the Spurs ... maybe he can help their janitorial team.
The clown ass motherfucker is black though, at the very least.

Pelicans78
11-07-2013, 07:40 AM
they lost a defensive-minded coach though.

Their current coach ran the defense last season.

baseline bum
11-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Curse of the honkey coach in Memphis.

Seventyniner
11-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I have the Mavs at 5 after OKC, LAC, SAS & Hou.

I can't put the Mavs above the Warriors. With the way the Grizz are looking, Mavs at #6 is reasonable.

Brazil
11-07-2013, 02:31 PM
My TeamNew Orleans Hornets

timvp just like to mess with you guys tbh

Raven
11-07-2013, 03:12 PM

they've been utter offensive garbage ever since the Gay trade, you may question his contract (:lol at "question") and you may say he's an ineff chucker, but he was exactly what the grizz needed. Without him Randolph is half the player he was before and both TA and Conley are being exposed too often on offense. On D they were good and were given a cupcake road to the WCF, but it was only fools gold.

Brunodf
11-07-2013, 03:29 PM
they've been utter offensive garbage ever since the Gay trade, you may question his contract (:lol at "question") and you may say he's an ineff chucker, but he was exactly what the grizz needed. Without him Randolph is half the player he was before and both TA and Conley are being exposed too often on offense. On D they were good and were given a cupcake road to the WCF, but it was only fools gold.
Just no, they were better without R.Gay

Suspect
11-07-2013, 03:48 PM
The Grizzlies suck tbh.

AchillesHeel
11-07-2013, 04:05 PM

They barely made the CF despite shutting down Beta. All those games were decided by 2-3 possessions at the end, Beta was just shit without his alpha but the Grizz defense did enough to stop him.

Grizzlies badly need to upgrade their SF position, Prince is ass, Rudy Gay was good enough, tbh. Maybe next year they can get Deng? I don't know what their cap situation is, though.