PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban Will Go to Texas

Biernutz
11-07-2013, 01:42 AM
With AD Deloss Dodds out of the way Mack Brown is on the hot seat. Mack has a
contract till 2020 and has said he is here to stay. But all the rumors, all
the talk, all the denies and now Nick's wife reported to be house hunting in Austin.
Mack is a nice guy but he has let things get out of hand. No good QB since Colt
McCoy. A defense that can't tackle. Team coaches in and out. Rumbling from
the alumni. Get ready its coming.........

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2013/11/06/nick-saban-steve-patterson-and-the-future-of-texas-longhorns-football-without-mack-brown/

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/nick4.jpg

Fabbs
11-07-2013, 05:33 PM
What we really need to know is will Bama face sanctions or not for the assistant coach who gave money to a player?
That's what will truly make Saban leave.

DesignatedT
11-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Saban will fail at Texas.

Kermit
11-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Saban will fail at Texas.

Why?

DesignatedT
11-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Getting old. Wants to play grind it out-between the trenches game in a wide-open spread conference. Don't see it working out well for him if he decides to take the gig. Think he's smarter than that though.

Not dogging the Texas job at all. Probably the best job in the country but I don't think his principles fit in well there and I don't see him pulling a Popovich and changing his style and what he believes in at that age. Cant imagine him voluntarily going against spread offenses week in and week out.

crc21209
11-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Would be pretty sweet if he came to Texas, but we'll see....

ThePop
11-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Not happening.

Kermit
11-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Getting old. Wants to play grind it out-between the trenches game in a wide-open spread conference. Don't see it working out well for him if he decides to take the gig. Think he's smarter than that though.

Not dogging the Texas job at all. Probably the best job in the country but I don't think his principles fit in well there and I don't see him pulling a Popovich and changing his style and what he believes in at that age. Cant imagine him voluntarily going against spread offenses week in and week out.

Agree.

Vito Corleone
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I would offer Saban first, he has earned it and I'd make it such an offer that he can't refuse. But if he did refuse, my second offer would go to Art Briles, he is actually the guy I want more than Saban. He knows recruiting in Texas, he has the respect of the high school coaches here since he was one. He runs the best offense in the country and best of all he isn't afraid to drop 70 pts on an opponent like Mack is.

Either guy would be a hell of a pick up for Texas.

DesignatedT
11-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Art Briles would be a good hire. If Dodds was still employed I would give a 0% chance that he would go after "Baylors coach" but the fact that they have a new AD and are cleaning house makes me think they might offer Briles. He's probably a little older than people would like but he would be a great hire.

TFloss32
11-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Art Briles would be a good hire. If Dodds was still employed I would give a 0% chance that he would go after "Baylors coach" but the fact that they have a new AD and are cleaning house makes me think they might offer Briles. He's probably a little older than people would like but he would be a great hire.

A&M and Texas pursuing Briles at the same time would be fun.

DesignatedT
11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't think Sumlin leaves, even if he's offered the SC job. But if he does, I would think Chad Morris would be A&M's guy.

TFloss32
11-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't think Sumlin leaves, even if he's offered the SC job. But if he does, I would think Chad Morris would be A&M's guy.

I agree that Morris would be on the short list.

Vito Corleone
11-09-2013, 04:17 AM
If Texas hired a defensive minded coach, Chad Morris is my top choice to come to Texas as the OC, but I'm pretty sure it is a pipe dream as he should get a few head coaching offers

Vito Corleone
11-09-2013, 04:18 AM

I read somewhere that if Sumlin does leave, their top choice is the guy from Fresno State.

DesignatedT
11-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I read somewhere that if Sumlin does leave, their top choice is the guy from Fresno State.

Tim Deruyter was our DC under Sherman. No chance A&M hires him as HC. Even though he's done a great job, he fielded a very mediocre defense in his time at A&M.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2013, 02:23 PM
I read that USC might be considering DeRuyter, tbh....

Michael Jordan.
11-09-2013, 02:25 PM
I hope he does. Still think its a bluff though.

Jamtas#2
11-10-2013, 12:35 AM
I think that regent's moves going public with his attempt shot whatever chances we had at getting Saban down

Vito Corleone
11-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I think it's 50/50 right now. The real deciding factor will be what the NCAA does to Alabama for their violations. If he thinks they will be tough on them, then you can expect him to jump ship. If he doesn't then, all I see happening is a lot of talk and a fat raise.

DMX7
11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/671x377q90/46/gvql.png

Biernutz
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Another win for the Tide puts Nick closer to Texas,,,,,,,"Hook n Horns"

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/nick3.jpg

Biernutz
12-13-2013, 02:40 PM
A.J. McCarron said Saban was staying but he has not signed his contract extension
that Bama has offered....Until he signs Texas still looks good........:toast

Bill_Brasky
12-13-2013, 03:43 PM
a Boston guy cheering UT? what gives?? thought yall were a pro town?

maverick1948
12-13-2013, 03:54 PM
A.J. McCarron said Saban was staying but he has not signed his contract extension
that Bama has offered....Until he signs Texas still looks good........:toast

The reason it has not been signed is Saban is out recruiting.

benefactor
12-13-2013, 04:02 PM
The reason it has not been signed is Saban is out recruiting.
No...the reason it hasn't been signed is he's waiting out the Mack situation so he can get more money. It remains to be seen who the payday will actually come from.

td4mvp2k
12-14-2013, 12:09 PM
:lmao

Biernutz
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
a Boston guy cheering UT? what gives?? thought yall were a pro town?

In the college ranks I root for Texas first than LSU

LakerHater
12-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Gruden is interseted!

symple19
12-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Gruden fulfills all the requirements, imo. Would be a home run hire

Sisk
12-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Gruden fulfills all the requirements, imo. Would be a home run hire

I'd honestly be completely fine with Gruden being there.

DesignatedT
12-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Gruden would be a good hire considering the other realistic candidates (the harbaughs, chip kelly, malzahn, etc are not realistic candidates). Would still be some big question marks around Gruden like the type of staff he would hire and how well he can recruit but he could certainly handle the pressure that comes with the job. I was pretty surprised to see he is only 50 also. Thought he was at least five years older than that.

Phillip
12-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah I think Gruden would be better than people think. He would definitely have a well disciplined team on the field, which has consistently been a main problem of Texas teams. Lack of fundamentals and discipline. No more coddling.

The recruiting part is definitely something to be curious about, but I'm sure he would do fine.

DMX7
12-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Gruden would be a good hire considering the other realistic candidates (the harbaughs, chip kelly, malzahn, etc are not realistic candidates). Would still be some big question marks around Gruden like the type of staff he would hire and how well he can recruit but he could certainly handle the pressure that comes with the job. I was pretty surprised to see he is only 50 also. Thought he was at least five years older than that.

I bet he would be a good recruiter. It's not like it's that hard to recruit to Texas to begin with, but he is a people person, so I think he would do especially well.

Sisk
12-19-2013, 12:27 AM
I bet he would be a good recruiter. It's not like it's that hard to recruit to Texas to begin with, but he is a people person, so I think he would do especially well.

I don't think him getting the guys he wanted would be difficult. But can he get the right guys? That's to be seen (doubt he leaves ESPN, though).

Biernutz
12-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I read that the Louisville coach is also a candidate..

DMX7
12-19-2013, 10:40 AM
I don't think him getting the guys he wanted would be difficult. But can he get the right guys? That's to be seen (doubt he leaves ESPN, though).

Getting the "right" guys is always the challange though. However, I definitely think he would leave ESPN. Coker did ESPN for a while then got bored and wanted back in coaching. ESPN is often where coaches go who just want to stay in the spotlight so they're not forgotten when they still want to coach.

The Reckoning
12-19-2013, 11:24 AM
why do we need aggies to be fine with whoever we hire?

i guess they do owe us a coach tbh. you're welcome.

TUCKER!

td4mvp2k
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM
why do we need aggies to be fine with whoever we hire?i guess they do owe us a coach tbh. you're welcome.TUCKER!:lol tru dat... Aggiefan bittin nails tbh

LoneStarState'sPride
12-19-2013, 12:17 PM
why do we need aggies to be fine with whoever we hire?

i guess they do owe us a coach tbh. you're welcome.

TUCKER!

3/10, non-analogous reference.

I :lol 'd, tho

Michael Jordan.
12-19-2013, 03:10 PM
:lol Aggy

Halberto
12-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Where are y'all hearing this?