PDA

View Full Version : OT: Better player: Anthony Davis or Blake Griffin?

LkrFan
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Anthony Davis
2013-14 Stats
PPG 21.2
RPG 11.4
APG 1.4
SPG 2.2
BPG 4.0
FG% 0.429
FT% 0.919
3P% 0.000
MPG 37.8

Blake Griffin
2013-14 Stats
PPG 21.7
RPG 11.3
APG 2.8
SPG 1.2
BPG 0.8
FG% 0.591
FT% 0.610
3P% 0.333
MPG 37.7

I'd take unibrow tbh. :tu

Pelicans78
11-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Not even close. Davis is easily better.

spurraider21
11-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Griffin hasn't made many improvements to his game. Davis has gotten better and will likely continue to do so. He needs to stop being jump shot reliant

Pelicans78
11-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Griffin hasn't made many improvements to his game. Davis has gotten better and will likely continue to do so. He needs to stop being jump shot reliant

I agree reed but until he gets stronger he's gonna continue to rely on jumpers.

LkrFan
11-08-2013, 10:46 PM
I agree reed but until he gets stronger he's gonna continue to rely on jumpers.
That's my knock on KD too. If either of these two players put 15lbs of muscle on look out.

LkrFan
11-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Agreed. This kid has the makings of a really good player.

mystargtr34
11-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Right now Davis by a hair.. in 2 years Davis by a landslide. Griffin's potential is a slightly better version of a prime Shawn Kemp, Davis' potential is prime Kevin Garnett imo.. Defense is the difference.

Someone mentioned in another thread Anthony Davis will be the third best player in the league behind LeBron and Durant.. hes about two years away from that i think.

SpursBills
11-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Right now Davis by a hair.. in 2 years Davis by a landslide. Griffin's potential is a slightly better version of a prime Shawn Kemp, Davis' potential is prime Kevin Garnett imo.. Defense is the difference.

Someone mentioned in another thread Anthony Davis will be the third best player in the league behind LeBron and Durant.. hes about two years away from that i think.

2 years from now it'll be those three and paul george (7/21 tonight notwithstanding), and then everyone else

Rogue
11-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Unibrow averages 4 blocks a game which's amazing. Dude's a legit 20+10 guy which's especially impressive considering he plays under a dumbass coach that Monty Williams is.

mystargtr34
11-08-2013, 11:08 PM
PG will be a perennial all star but i don't think he will ever reach MVP/best player in the league discussion. Could be wrong though.

CitizenDwayne
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Davis shooting 42%, Griffin shooting 59%...

Leetonidas
11-08-2013, 11:14 PM
42% shooting for Davis? wtf is that? Griffin atm is scoring the same at a way higher percentage. Davis will be the better player though when it's all said and done, not sure about this season though tbh very possible imo

DMC
11-08-2013, 11:24 PM
The FT shooting should be weighted heavier than anything else. When the game is on the line, no one is going to intentionally foul Davis.

Pelicans78
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM

Griffin mostly makes dunks. Davis shoots a lot from the perimeter.

Darth_Pelican
11-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Anyone who would choose Griffin over Davis doesn't know shit about basketball tbh.

scanry
11-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Davis can and will eventually become a more decorated player than Griffin. Griffin sadly doesn't have the following.

1. Post game
2. Guarding the paint
3. Transition D
4. Free throws
5. 3 - 14 ft Jump shots
6. Blocking out

mercos
11-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Davis. Griffin is not a very good defender, and has a limited offensive game.

baseline bum
11-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Griffin has to put up the most empty stats in the league, like a bigman version of Pistons Jerry Stackhouse. He looked like he was going to be such an amazing player his rookie season, and then he never added anything new to his game.

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2013, 02:06 AM
give me the guy that looks like a tranny compared to the one that looks like his juggling semen after every dunk

NickiRasgo
11-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Davis. And a 1 TO per game so far. Wow. He also had a game where he had 6 steals and 6 blocks.

LkrFan
11-09-2013, 02:30 AM
-10 points for this post son. SMH

LkrFan
11-09-2013, 02:32 AM

Spot on son. :tu

AchillesHeel
11-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Davis is scoring 21 ppg on 43% shooting though, everything else I think he does better, especially on the defensive end, tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-09-2013, 03:02 AM
give me the guy that looks like a tranny compared to the one that looks like his juggling semen after every dunk

:lol

callo1
11-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Davis easily

-21-
11-09-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm loving what Davis has shown so far. Barring any injuries, he'll only get better. I think this guy will be a superstar.

BTW, Hornets78 and BRHornet will be mistaken for Charlotte fans next season unless they get their names changed to Pelicans.

tlongII
11-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Aldridge is much better than either of those guys.

DMC
11-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Oden is much better than either of those guys.
Circa a few years ago

Vash StampedE
11-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Not even close. Davis is easily better.

Juggity
11-09-2013, 02:50 PM
I want to say Davis is better for his defense, but his FG% is pretty bad for a big man.

2pac > Kobe
11-09-2013, 03:33 PM
I want to say Davis is better for his defense, but his FG% is pretty bad for a big man.
that ft% tho

resistanze
11-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Aldridge is much better than either of those guys.

Your shtick died with Oden's knees tbh

CitizenDwayne
11-09-2013, 05:03 PM

It fucking sucks.

Once he fixes that, this will be a no-brainer.

spurraider21
11-09-2013, 05:15 PM
:lmao everybody berating Davis for his supposedly poor fg%

hes at 47% and it's fucking 6 games into the season. North of 50% last year

Juggity
11-09-2013, 07:45 PM
:lmao everybody berating Davis for his supposedly poor fg%

hes at 47% and it's fucking 6 games into the season. North of 50% last year

He's at 42% according to OP

spurraider21
11-09-2013, 07:46 PM
He's at 42% according to OP
k he's 47% according to his actual statistics.

even if it was 42% at some point this early in the season, who cares? it was like 4-5 games into a season and he shot over 50% for the duration of last season, which is a more representative number anyway

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 04:38 AM
Presenting the starting PF for the 2013 WC Allstars:

cmIZ9AD53JE

I bet CP3 wish he was still in the Big Easy and playing with this kid tbh. There's a lot to his game that is more refined than Blake Griffin that it ain't even funny. On BOTH sides of the ball. He's the truth.

Mayhem321
11-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Davis would spank Griffin's naked ass... metaphorically

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 12:22 PM
griffin has peaked imo

davis reminds me of a rookie robinson...dude needs to bulk up or his ceiling will be camby

Calispursfan11
11-10-2013, 12:50 PM
WTF was that gay spanking pic tbh. Shades of superstardom from that alone given the parallels with Jim. He'll have to learn to be the spanker, not the spankee tho if he bulks up any.

Katherine Robinson
11-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Davis is a multidimensional diamond in the rough with a superstar ceiling. Blake Griffin plays one side of the court and already a top 5 flopper in the league.

TimmehC
11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
How is this even a question? Only one of them seems to realize there's two ends of the floor.

SpursBills
11-10-2013, 02:41 PM
i wonder if OKC in 2012 would have been willing to trade ibaka and harden for salary + #1 overall. it seems ridiculous now, but ibaka was viewed as a sure-fire star at the time fresh off his series against the spurs and harden was one of the best sixth men in the game.

big 3 of westbrook/durant/davis would have been sick

jimbo
11-10-2013, 05:40 PM
WTF was that gay spanking pic tbh. Shades of superstardom from that alone given the parallels with Jim. He'll have to learn to be the spanker, not the spankee tho if he bulks up any.

Jim turned into the spankee in recent seasons with his weight loss and he's done pretty well for himself

Calispursfan11
11-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Jim turned into the spankee in recent seasons with his weight loss and he's done pretty well for himself

Goldamnit man, your right!

UZER
11-10-2013, 06:16 PM
That's my knock on KD too. If either of these two players put 15lbs of muscle on look out.

if KD adds bulk and starts going to the hole, hes gonna be a top free throw attempts per game player.

Captivus
11-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Ill take Davis. He is getting better every day and sadly Blake hasnt develop a post game and his jumpers are streaky. Davis is more complete.
In fact, in 2 years, I want him in a Spurs uniform.

testies
11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
4 blocks per game makes a fking landslide difference in favor of Davis.. younger too, and its not that Blake shows the character to learn to fking actually defend or post up

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2013, 02:59 AM
difference between 2 is davis actually has a jumpshot he can rely on, while the other clown always talk about working on his game, yet have seen nothing at all

blake griffin is this decades version of amare, he would put up numbers, but in elimination games aka playoffs he be someones bitch aka timmay

Raven
11-11-2013, 05:48 AM
i've actually seen blake improve in this first few games of the season tbh, some floaters, some bankers, hooks... the whole big package... still has a lot to do on D, but i am not the type of guy to salivate over a big's jumper from 15+ft tbh. I hate when timmy shoots them, imagine a ~.400 shooter

AchillesHeel
11-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Davis is looking scary, I just got through watching his season highlights and he's just in his 2nd season at 20 years old, if he improves his jumper even further he'll be a fucking beast for years to come. Only thing I have to say is that he needs to gain a little weight, 220 at 6-10 is pretty weak, though his quickness and BBIQ makes up for it.

Rogue
11-11-2013, 06:46 AM
growth of weight comes at the expense of quickness and speed imho. Unibrow is a mobile forward and that's what he should settle as, rather than play too much as a C imho. you may use him as a C like how the Heat use Bosh but it only works in small ball, but I'm afraid the dumbass named Monty Williams will never find the right way to use this nigga.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Defense is the key here and Davis also has better post moves than Griffin at this point in his career.

tlongII
11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Aldridge is better. Just look at the stats.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:41 PM

That's because he takes outside shots. His FT shooting more than makes up for it. Also, he's in a system where he has to force things. Blake has peaked, not going to get better. He's one ACL away from irrelevant.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Presenting the starting PF for the 2013 WC Allstars:

cmIZ9AD53JE

I bet CP3 wish he was still in the Big Easy and playing with this kid tbh. There's a lot to his game that is more refined than Blake Griffin that it ain't even funny. On BOTH sides of the ball. He's the truth.

It's gotten so bad for Lakerfans that they are coveting the Pelicans.

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 04:29 PM
It's gotten so bad for Lakerfans that they are coveting the Pelicans.
Coveting? N:lol. Giving the young man his props. He doesn't do PEDs. He just plays. I have no beef with him.

DMC
11-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Coveting? N:lol. Giving the young man his props. He doesn't do PEDs. He just plays. I have no beef with him.

When Laker fan gives props, it's coveting. You won't even give your own franchise player props for hauling Kobe to 3 consecutive Finals appearances, even though you had nary a post here prior to his arrival in LA.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd take Davis, but Griffin actually does look improved on both ends of the floor so far this year IMO..he's probably the most hated on non-superstar I've seen since I started following the NBA, tbh..Griffin was hyped too early, the fans and media loved him and his dunks when he arrived to the NBA, the pressure built up, he didn't improve quickly enough, now everybody has turned on him, tbh..

He obviously needs to improve and refine his game, but I've never seen a young player receive more hatred than Griffin, tbh..

Anthony Davis' spanking video leak worries me, tbh..being a successful player is partly related to confidence, and now the NBA world knows Davis has a small penis, I wonder how he's going to respond from a mental standpoint, tbh..

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 10:03 PM
When Laker fan gives props, it's coveting. You won't even give your own franchise player props for hauling Kobe to 3 consecutive Finals appearances, even though you had nary a post here prior to his arrival in LA.:lol - I would be a fool if I didn't want the Lakers to go after that dude - should he become "available" one day. Not sure what point you are trying to make. You know that with the few rare occassions (Magic & Worthy come to mind) - the Lakers don't draft for successful title runs. They poach on FAs, make mega-trades, then build around these players. It's their MO - which has been quite successful throughout the years.

I give Shaq his props for leading us to 3-straight Finals wins, but that's where it stops. I don't like him personally (the Sargeant that's banging his mom isn't his biological father. Yet his biological father is basically homeless living in a shelter, but Shaq is a multimillionaire which is foul in my book); Shaq didn't take his craft as seriously as Kobe did. Matter of fact, he was jealous of Kobe, so Kobe had to evict him. He also cursed out our owner (who made him a $120+ millionaire BTW), talked shit about the LA fanbase as he was packing up his shit, then finally motivated himself enough to help D-Whistle rang. I'm still pissed that 52 year-old Kevin Willis was beating his ass up an down the court in 2003 because his lardass was too fat to do what he was being paid megamillions to do: stay in shape. He was a professional, but didn't act like it. So forgive me for not sucking him off like other fans. If he had the dedication Kobe has, he'd be the GOAT - not MJ.

So, on multiple levels, your post is full of BS. BTW: I wasn't a member of ST back in 2000-2002. Truth be told, I wasn't into online forums back then (I wasn't a member of LG either). By your logic, I've learned that since I just joined ST in 2010 (never heard of ST before then tbh), that means I'm some sort of bandwaggoner. -15 points son. :lol Here's a little something you might not know about me: I've been a Laker fan since '83. That means I was a fan of Showtime (before Shaq) and I'll be one in a few years after Kobe retires. Name on the front son. :tu

DMC
11-11-2013, 10:20 PM
:lol - I would be a fool if I didn't want the Lakers to go after that dude - should he become "available" one day. Not sure what point you are trying to make. You know that with the few rare occassions (Magic & Worthy come to mind) - the Lakers don't draft for successful title runs. They poach on FAs, make mega-trades, then build around these players. It's their MO - which has been quite successful throughout the years.

I give Shaq his props for leading us to 3-straight Finals wins, but that's where it stops. I don't like him personally (the Sargeant that's banging his mom isn't his biological father. Yet his biological father is basically homeless living in a shelter, but Shaq is a multimillionaire which is foul in my book); Shaq didn't take his craft as seriously as Kobe did. Matter of fact, he was jealous of Kobe, so Kobe had to evict him. He also cursed out our owner (who made him a $120+ millionaire BTW), talked shit about the LA fanbase as he was packing up his shit, then finally motivated himself enough to help D-Whistle rang. I'm still pissed that 52 year-old Kevin Willis was beating his ass up an down the court in 2003 because his lardass was too fat to do what he was being paid megamillions to do: stay in shape. He was a professional, but didn't act like it. So forgive me for not sucking him off like other fans. If he had the dedication Kobe has, he'd be the GOAT - not MJ.

So, on multiple levels, your post is full of BS. BTW: I wasn't a member of ST back in 2000-2002. Truth be told, I wasn't into online forums back then (I wasn't a member of LG either). By your logic, I've learned that since I just joined ST in 2010 (never heard of ST before then tbh), that means I'm some sort of bandwaggoner. -15 points son. Here's a little something you might not know about me: I've been a Laker fan since '83. That means I was a fan of Showtime (before Shaq) and I'll be one in a few years after Kobe retires. Name on the front son. :tu

tl;dr

salty :lol

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 10:36 PM
tl;dr

salty :lol
N:lol. Kobe 5, you know the rest. ;)

DMC
11-11-2013, 10:37 PM
N:lol. Kobe 5, you know the rest. ;)

...months away from seeing any playing time

Rogue
11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I think the criticism about monkeyball comes mostly from the team failing to live up to their expectation time and time again. CP is indubitably a top3, or a top 5 player in the league at least and he's been doing good enough for the clippers, but someone has to be responsible for the team's consecutive failures so monkeyball was chosen as that scapegoat when he was never really that good. Monkeyball was still lucky enough that it was someone else (the coach) who took the brunt and got fired. You can't expect a PG to lead your team to glories so the onus is on monkeyball to man up and lead his team imho, but it looks to me more like sorting a monkey into a tiger's role, which would never work.

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 10:43 PM
...months away from seeing any playing time
:lol

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Duncan: 4........ dicks away from sucking a millennium.