PDA

View Full Version : Parker in playoff form tonight.

Kool Bob Love
11-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Missed both free throws that could have sealed the game.

Bench for Marco in the last play of the game.

Playoff Parker.:downspin:

Stabula
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
It was a night to forget for almost everyone.

Leetonidas
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah let's forget him keeping the Spurs afloat in the 4th...dumbass :rolleyes

Kidd K
11-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Parker has been good in the playoffs for like a decade. Never averaged under 17 points, never shot under 46% for past 9 years and a really good ast/to ratio for the past 7.

Are we revising history on Parker's playoff performances now?

chapnis
11-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah let's forget him keeping the Spurs afloat in the 4th...dumbass :rolleyes

cd98
11-08-2013, 11:19 PM
I kind of think the Spurs don't look so great. They are still winning, but they hopefully will get a little crispier on offense.

Kidd K
11-08-2013, 11:21 PM
^ Agreed, but it's kinda early in the season too. Last year we kinda sputtered out of the gate besides a couple players too.

Johnny RIngo
11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Parker has been good in the playoffs for like a decade. Never averaged under 17 points, never shot under 46% for past 9 years and a really good ast/to ratio for the past 7.

Are we revising history on Parker's playoff performances now?

Nah, it's generally accepted in basketball circles that Parker's a poor playoff performer. I tend to agree but his problems have more to do with the PG position - shortest guy on the court is usually the easiest guy to guard when the defenses clamp down in the post-season. There's a reason why point guards don't lead teams to championships.

spurs1990
11-08-2013, 11:33 PM
This is what I do to cope anytime I feel down on our players. I think to myself what if Dwight Howard was on this roster.

Then I am suddenly filled with happy thoughts. Try it.

TheGreatYacht
11-08-2013, 11:42 PM
And still put up 18, 5, 4 on 50% shooting :lmao How bout your boy Manu?

Kool Bob Love
11-08-2013, 11:49 PM
And still put up 18, 5, 4 on 50% shooting :lmao How bout your boy Manu?

But he sat down in the final moments. Speedy Claxton is somewhere smiling right now.

Sean Cagney
11-09-2013, 12:08 AM

Are we revising history on Parker's playoff performances now?I agree, but that will be ignored.

CitizenDwayne
11-09-2013, 12:11 AM
This is what I do to cope anytime I feel down on our players. I think to myself what if Dwight Howard was on this roster.

Then I am suddenly filled with happy thoughts. Try it.

Thank you for this.

Kidd K
11-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Nah, it's generally accepted in basketball circles that Parker's a poor playoff performer. I tend to agree but his problems have more to do with the PG position - shortest guy on the court is usually the easiest guy to guard when the defenses clamp down in the post-season. There's a reason why point guards don't lead teams to championships.

I don't know what basketball circles those are, besides dumb ones.

In terms of PGs, Parker has been excellent in the playoffs most years. Sure he's had some bad games. . .he's also played more playoff games than most players since he's going deep or fairly deep into the postseason almost every year. In the grand scheme he's been a pretty great playoff PG even in terms of all time. Not #1 or 2, but I would say top 10 easily. Probably around #6-8 all time playoff PG depending on argument.

I agree PGs don't tend to lead teams to titles, but Parker's never been considered this team's leader. It's always been Tim Duncan. And I def' don't think Parker deserves anywhere near top blame for any of our failed seasons. He's only been hurt a couple times but never missed the postseason, and pretty much only sucked in about 10% of the series we've played in in the past decade. Two or three of those times he sucked was because he was playing hurt.

will_spurs
11-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Nah, it's generally accepted in basketball circles that Parker's a poor playoff performer.

Basketball circles = you and KBL.

Everybody with half a brain knows Parker is a stud.

Skull-1
11-09-2013, 02:18 AM

Well, he was pretty bad against Memphis a couple years ago. Sloppy turnover coming up the court comes to mind. Guy just flat out stole it and Parker never saw it coming...

cd98
11-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Jordan had bad playoff games on occasion. Parker's worst playoff games were when he was 18 and 19 years old. Hard to imagine a teenager dominating in the playoffs. When he physically matured, he become a solid, and then superior playoff performer. He has been dominant since even before he won the Finals MVP in 2007. They don't give those to poor playoff performers.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Missed both free throws that could have sealed the game.

Bench for Marco in the last play of the game.

Playoff Parker.:downspin:

But he sat down in the final moments. Speedy Claxton is somewhere smiling right now.

:wow

spurraider21
10-25-2015, 09:47 PM
some damning posts by kool bob love have been discovered recently :lol

dabom
10-25-2015, 09:48 PM
I'm dying. Lmao.lol

RD2191
10-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Crofl. Faggot OP exposed.