PDA

View Full Version : NBA: NBA 2k14 or NBA Live?

Stabula
11-09-2013, 12:10 AM
NBA Live has been gone for a few years but is due to release '14 later this month, anyone getting it? I like the idea of there being competition but I've always hated EA and EA Sports and for that reason I'll be sticking with 2k14 but I'm curious if anyone is excited over the first NBA Live in years.

Venti Quattro
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
NBA Live :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Stabula
11-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Ha honestly I feel the same way but I'm sure there's someone out there who's looking forward to it.

AussieFanKurt
11-09-2013, 08:27 AM
NBA Live :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

This

But I heard 2K14 is actually quite sub par. Anyone verify this?

AchillesHeel
11-09-2013, 08:38 AM
This

But I heard 2K14 is actually quite sub par. Anyone verify this?

Tried it, and looked at some reviews online and it definitely isn't as good as it could have been. The defenses are messed up, you can't get your attributes maxed on MyCareer anymore, lots of small bugs on both D and O. I'd say 2K12 was better than 2K14 in a lot of ways.

If you want a more in-depth analysis, I'd suggest you checked out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS7rUL5s7_Q

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 09:42 AM
NBA 2k13 is what I have and I don't plan on getting 2k14 because it's the exact same and they didn't change the ratings at ALL except to make LeBron better..

Stabula
11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
NBA 2k13 is what I have and I don't plan on getting 2k14 because it's the exact same and they didn't change the ratings at ALL except to make LeBron better..

That's unfortunate if that's true, I wouldn't know because 2k12 is the last NBA game I purchased.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 10:57 AM
That's unfortunate if that's true, I wouldn't know because 2k12 is the last NBA game I purchased.

Parker and Ginobili are both rated 86 overall, just like in 2k13. To put that in perspective, Westbrook is a 91 I think, and Nate Robinson is a 83

McGusto55
11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I dnt like 14 still playing 13...tbh

DMC
11-09-2013, 11:52 AM
2K14 has the same flaws of it's predecessor with some added ones, like loose balls cause by the slightest contact, improper possession change calls (someone blocks your shot and it's considered a turnover even though the ball goes out of bounds), ghosting (opponent moves through you or passes through you) and scripting (game moves in a certain direction regardless of your actions, driven by missed dunks, layups, ghosting, throwing the ball to no one and eventually the total inability to inbound the ball). Of course you have the normal issues like the opponent getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances because the ball magically bounces to their player even if you have 4 guys around him all jumping for the ball, making defense pointless).

It's monkeyball, that's all. It's marketed for people who want to jump and dunk on every possession. Rondo shooting 3's all day, people throwing alley oops who cannot possibly do that IRL. That kind of stuff. Granted there's some play calling involved, and as long as the game is close you can get by, but opponents with their backs to you somehow magically know you passed the ball and they just stick an arm out and intercept it.

I wasn't impressed. I don't play online though, too many faggots quitting when you get up a few points because you learned how to counter their little repetitive schtick.

Stabula
11-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow a lot of these flaws sound completely game-breaking.

Stabula
11-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Parker and Ginobili are both rated 86 overall, just like in 2k13. To put that in perspective, Westbrook is a 91 I think, and Nate Robinson is a 83

Do these people even watch basketball? :lol Westbrook 91

jermaine
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Man I've been a 2k fan for a min. I bought yhe game, but in the last few weeks. I think I've played 4 full games. Its the same old shit. Scrub muthasuckas make baskets but Tim misses. Parker is on point with his mid range game. But on 2k, yea right. This game is trash. The only reason I have it still is cuz I dont wanna get burned out on battlefield. Rent NBA live an let me know please. Im sick of 2k. The whole process. I wanna be able to play Baynes if I want. The use to let you put anyone on inactive list. Now you gotta wait to see who they want you to have. Baynes has played way more then Cory Joseph. Put he's still inactive. Retarded

dylankerouac
11-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Man I've been a 2k fan for a min. I bought yhe game, but in the last few weeks. I think I've played 4 full games. Its the same old shit. Scrub muthasuckas make baskets but Tim misses. Parker is on point with his mid range game. But on 2k, yea right. This game is trash. The only reason I have it still is cuz I dont wanna get burned out on battlefield. Rent NBA live an let me know please. Im sick of 2k. The whole process. I wanna be able to play Baynes if I want. The use to let you put anyone on inactive list. Now you gotta wait to see who they want you to have. Baynes has played way more then Cory Joseph. Put he's still inactive. Retarded

I like your style Jermaine, I too usually switch between Battlefield and 2K but I won't be getting battlefield until I move to next gen I think. I don't have many complaints with this years 2k, I mostly do the my career mode.

Rogue
11-09-2013, 08:24 PM
NBA live has been shit since 06 tbh, with that said, 2k games ain't much better. Neither game delivers any sense of reality imho, whatever the graphic quality