PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 Player Grades: Curryless-Scrubs @ Spurs

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 12:50 AM
A scrubby game full of scrubby players, tbh. Not a lot good to say except we somehow pulled that win out of our collective asses. :lol

Tony Parker: B He really didn't play all that well early on, but he came up big late with some clutch shots... Then he missed two clutch free throws. Drops him to a B, tbh. That was embarrassing.

Danny Green: C- After a great game in his last outing, he was back in scrub form tonight.

Kawhi Leonard: B+ He should be rated higher, but he wasn't aggressive enough. That, and Pop didn't call enough plays for him. He obviously had a hot hand; why didn't he take charge and at least shoot as many shots as the Hero did?

Tim Duncan: C- 8 points, 3-11 FG, only 4 rebounds in 32 minutes? Yeah, bad game for the Hall-of-Famer.

Tiago Splitter: C+ Good rebounds, but that's about all I can say. Decent D, I suppose.

Manu Ginobili: C- Dude scrubbed it up tonight. Couldn't hit shit and had a couple Turnobili appearances.

Marco Belinelli: C The Dude hit a decent three and had a clutch defensive stop on the final possession of the game, but that was about it in his 19 minutes.

Boris Diaw: C 4-8 FG ... good ... 0 rebounds in 16 minutes ... bad. Not the best outing for the Frenchman.

Aron Baynes: C- Not that we can expect too much for him, but he looked lost out there at times and kept on jacking up idiotic mid-range jumpers. He did grab some decent boards, though.

Patty Mills: B A decent outing for the Aussie. He's an assassin from three-point range, tbh. Looked a little lost running the offense without Manu or Tony out there, though.

Jeff Ayres: D- The hell is this fkn scrub doing on our team again, tbh? :lol

Pop: D Another ridiculous game for the senile TOSB. The lineups were complete BS. The man is completely losing it and might not make it until the All-Star Break before he has a serious mental breakdown. I think he gave Baynes too many minutes, as well, tbh.

Overall: C- Hey, we won, but if that wasn't the shittiest game I've seen the Spurs play in quite awhile... :rolleyes

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 12:55 AM
A scrubby game full of scrubby players, tbh. Not a lot good to say except we somehow pulled that win out of our collective asses. :lol

Tony Parker: B He really didn't play all that well early on, but he came up big late with some clutch shots... Then he missed two clutch free throws. Drops him to a B, tbh. That was embarrassing.

Danny Green: C- After a great game in his last outing, he was back in scrub form tonight.

Kawhi Leonard: B+ He should be rated higher, but he wasn't aggressive enough. That, and Pop didn't call enough plays for him. He obviously had a hot hand; why didn't he take charge and at least shoot as many shots as the Hero did?

Tim Duncan: C- 8 points, 3-11 FG, only 4 rebounds in 32 minutes? Yeah, bad game for the Hall-of-Famer.

Tiago Splitter: C+ Good rebounds, but that's about all I can say. Decent D, I suppose.

Manu Ginobili: C- Dude scrubbed it up tonight. Couldn't hit shit and had a couple Turnobili appearances.

Marco Belinelli: C The Dude hit a decent three and had a clutch defensive stop on the final possession of the game, but that was about it in his 19 minutes.

Boris Diaw: C 4-8 FG ... good ... 0 rebounds in 16 minutes ... bad. Not the best outing for the Frenchman.

Aron Baynes: C- Not that we can expect too much for him, but he looked lost out there at times and kept on jacking up idiotic mid-range jumpers. He did grab some decent boards, though.

Patty Mills: B A decent outing for the Aussie. He's an assassin from three-point range, tbh. Looked a little lost running the offense without Manu or Tony out there, though.

Jeff Ayres: D- The hell is this fkn scrub doing on our team again, tbh? :lol

Pop: D Another ridiculous game for the senile TOSB. The lineups were complete BS. The man is completely losing it and might not make it until the All-Star Break before he has a serious mental breakdown. I think he gave Baynes too many minutes, as well, tbh.

Overall: C- Hey, we won, but if that wasn't the shittiest game I've seen the Spurs play in quite awhile... :rolleyes
To be clear, anything you say without tbh isn't an honest opinion or an honest take? If Jeff Ayres is a scrub well you look like a scrub next to timvp.

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 12:57 AM
To be clear, anything you say without tbh isn't an honest opinion or an honest take? If Jeff Ayres is a scrub well you look like a scrub next to timvp.
:lol

ElNono
11-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Baynes got Jermaine O'Neal pissed off... that's an automatic B- or better right there...

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:02 AM
He dunked, so he was good, tbh. Trade this scrub tbh. Some baseless comment without veritable stats, tbh. I don't notice the intangibles, tbh. Nando de Colo is a scrub, tbh.

spurraider21
11-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Is this timvp's troll :lol

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Do you want fries with that, tbh?

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:04 AM
I have a dream, tbh.

Darkwaters
11-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Hmmmm, considering previous events, I wouldn't be surprised if PlayBlair/PlayNando is trolling himself with another account (FireMicoHalili).

Stabula
11-09-2013, 01:08 AM
I'd give Patty a B+, Tiago a B, and Diaw at least a C+ for his aggressiveness on offense.

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Hmmmm, considering previous events, I wouldn't be surprised if PlayBlair/PlayNando is trolling himself with another account (FireMicoHalili).
Um no thanks PlayNando's writing is disgusting. Pretty sure he's uneducated.

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Um no thanks PlayNando's writing is disgusting. Pretty sure he's uneducated.
Nice of you to use no punctuation. Let me fix that for you, fool.

Comma after Um... PERIOD after Thanks... "Pretty sure he's uneducated" isn't actually a sentence, tbh...

Yeah, you need to shut it before you embarrass yourself further. :lol

If you're going to play Grammar Nazi, then you sure as hell better write well yourself. :ihit

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 01:11 AM
He dunked, so he was good, tbh. Trade this scrub tbh. Some baseless comment without veritable stats, tbh. I don't notice the intangibles, tbh. Nando de Colo is a scrub, tbh.

Let's see your grades, then, genius.

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:13 AM
Wow so now you're an editor! You better check your work above first! you suck, bro!

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Wow so now you're an editor! You better check your work above first! you suck, bro!

Hey, I'm not the one going around accusing others of not being able to write like yourself. I can write quite well when I choose to. I just rarely make that choice.

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:14 AM
No grades > useless, rude commentary that masquerades as "grades". Timvp come back please! Some scrub is trying to replace you

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 01:15 AM
No grades > useless commentary that masquerades as "grades". Timvp come back please! Some scrub is trying to replace you

I will defer to The Great One when he returns and begins grading again. I'm just here to provide in the case of his absence.

Spursfanfromafar
11-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Scrubby take by a scrub.

playblair
11-09-2013, 01:29 AM
cojo deserves 2nd unit pg spot.............. mills = sg chucker............................. cojo = ball movement....................

Cry Havoc
11-09-2013, 01:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l0wbYiL.png

Courtesy of Reddit.

FireMicoHalili
11-09-2013, 01:57 AM

I will defer to The Great One when he returns and begins grading again. I'm just here to provide in the case of his absence.
Pro tip: Avoid stepping into a great man's shoes. Also, what were you providing exactly? No one here asked for shitty takes.

Boomersgold
11-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Diaw and Splitter deserve higher grades. Without Splitter's offensive rebounding late in the game, we wouldn't have won. Diaw helped the bench with his aggressiveness on the offensive end.

dallasmaverickslose
11-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Timvp?

DJR210
11-09-2013, 02:38 AM

timvp's grades are well liked because he has professional writing skills. Just give up while you're ahead, PlayNando.

Whisky Dog
11-09-2013, 03:26 AM
I guess you're trying to be funny but it just comes off annoying and ignorant. You really are terrible at attempting this and aren't getting any better. You're a fan with not even decent basketball knowledge trying to joke your way to make up for not knowing anything.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2013, 03:34 AM
:lol damn, OP is getting roasted, tbh..at least he gave a good effort, tbh..

Chinook
11-09-2013, 03:45 AM
I agree with Harlem. I don't like the grades, but at least he's spending the time to make the thread. Green's grade is too low. His defense and spacing is a big reason why he led the team in plus-minus. Ayres was decent. In general, I thought the grades were too low. But I agree with you the game was somewhat disappointing.

Boomersgold
11-09-2013, 04:03 AM
I guess you're trying to be funny but it just comes off annoying and ignorant. You really are terrible at attempting this and aren't getting any better. You're a fan with not even decent basketball knowledge trying to joke your way to make up for not knowing anything.

Which of PlayNando's grades did you disagree with and why?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-09-2013, 04:17 AM
:lol writing 2 sentences of cliches and/or bias on each player is 'good effort.'

NickiRasgo
11-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Thanks timvp. :toast :lol

Brazil
11-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Keep the good work Nando

Outlier
11-09-2013, 08:01 AM
I agree. This review is not so informative for those who don't get to watch the games. That's what made timvp's reviews special. Playnando's review look like they could be written by anyone who just looks at the stats.

MVPCues
11-09-2013, 08:38 AM
<Yawn.>

cd021
11-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I see nothing whatsoever in Ayers. Baynes is tantalizing but its a long shot whether he becomes a useful player. Our depth at the moment looks shaky, After Diaw.

wildbill2u
11-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Scrubby game DESERVES a scrubby write up on grades. Neither team could hit a FG or FT late in the 4th. We could have played the Toros instead of our players and no one would have noticed. TBH :rolleyes

Oh well, at the end of the season it will go down as a W.

outmap
11-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Liked what I saw on Baynes today. Doesn't back down from physical contact and seems to play rough basketball, sometimes to a fault, he even seems to enjoy it. Great job defensively and boxing out as well plus getting a couple of boards. He didn't connect his midrange shots but I know he can, just needs to have minutes to get fully acclimated.

Kawhi needs to get more touches, I felt that he was really efficient all around but seems to park at that corner three most of the time, we need to call more iso on him.

Marco was surprisingly decent defensively, I knew what he can give offensively but playing D definitely sets him apart from Neal as a player.

Mills has the back-up PG all locked up. Pesky defense plus the three ball is a lethal weapon he gives the Spurs.

outmap
11-09-2013, 09:25 AM
PS: how can the scrubs from other teams always play well against the Spurs? Today Douglas was playing insane offensively, I can't blame the defense, everything he throws however difficult, just goes in.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Good grades. More detail needed tho

Whisky Dog
11-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Which of PlayNando's grades did you disagree with and why?

Pretty much all of them but it's not the letter grade that matters as its easy to get within a couple + and - here and there. It's the complete disrespect an lack of any knowledge whatsoever. This guys doesn't know or realize roles worth a shit and just puts stuff like "what is this scrub doing on the team anyway?"

There's no analysis and on top it's just a bunch of disrespectful rambling attempting to be jokes. Trolling used to be witty or funny, now it's just sad bullshit like this.

Raven
11-09-2013, 01:01 PM
2/10

Budkin
11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
timvp jes doin wut he do

hooperflash
11-09-2013, 02:19 PM
I like the grades, just not the takes. :tu

UnWantedTheory
11-09-2013, 04:36 PM
I like the idea, just not the outcome.

Prime Time
11-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Tiago Splitter's defense on Klay during the final minute was heavily under appreciated. This is what separates Splitter from the majority of other 28 year old bigs, he has the quickness to defend Guards for short stints, and he's terrific at switches. Just look at the clutch block he had during last year's WCF in the final seconds of Game 4

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Tiago Splitter's defense on Klay during the final minute was heavily under appreciated. This is what separates Splitter from the majority of other 28 year old bigs, he has the quickness to defend Guards for short stints, and he's terrific at switches. Just look at the clutch block he had during last year's WCF in the final seconds of Game 4
Yes, Tiago is pretty awesome at defending guards tbh. We've seen it again and again over recent years. You can actually afford to switch him on a pick-and-roll without necessarily being burnt.