PDA

View Full Version : Were the Spurs ungrateful with Gary Neal?

Baam
11-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Guy was the best player of a Finals game yet they couldn't wait to get rid of him... And he wasn't even healthy at the time...

I'm still not over it tbh...

Look at his stats with a scrub team without the "great" mastermind on the bench :

GP
MPG
FGM-FGA
FG%
3PM-3PA
3P%
FTM-FTA
FT%
RPG
APG
BLKPG
STLPG
PFPG
TOPG
PPG

2013-14 Regular Season
5.3-13.0
2.0-3.8
2.8-3.3

Guy could create his own shot and make bad shots, that was precious, Danny Green is good at what he does but he will never be able to do that...

ceperez
11-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Spurs should have kept him and dumped de Colo and CoJo.

chapnis
11-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Patty Mills would be putting up those numbers with those minutes tbh.

silverblk mystix
11-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Bonner still on the team. Neal is not.

Ayres on the team - Blair is not.

"mastermind"

PlayNando
11-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Guy was the best player of a Finals game yet they couldn't wait to get rid of him... And he wasn't even healthy at the time...

I'm still not over it tbh...

Look at his stats with a scrub team without the "great" mastermind on the bench :

GP
MPG
FGM-FGA
FG%
3PM-3PA
3P%
FTM-FTA
FT%
RPG
APG
BLKPG
STLPG
PFPG
TOPG
PPG

2013-14 Regular Season
5.3-13.0
2.0-3.8
2.8-3.3

Guy could create his own shot and make bad shots, that was precious, Danny Green is good at what he does but he will never be able to do that...
What was there to be grateful for, tbh? Yeah, let's miss some hero-baller who is shooting 40% this year. And doesn't contribute in any other way. Let him enjoy Milwaukee, where he can shoot as much as he desires and no one will give a fleck. It's perfect for him.

Robz4000
11-09-2013, 06:23 AM
I'll admit, I miss having Neal available. However, Mills and King Belli > Neal.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2013, 07:24 AM
If he's still shooting 53% from three point range in a month, let's revisit the conversation. Otherwise, I don't really want him taking more shots than Tim Duncan during his limited minutes.

NickiRasgo
11-09-2013, 07:34 AM
He's the type of player who can kill the opposing team and at the same time, can kill our team. Kinda missed him in a way that when our bench is struggling in offense but realistically, I don't know if it's okay for him to be the 11th man.

elemento
11-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Considering his role and his salary, I'd say most Spurs fans were ungrateful. He had his flaws, especially defensively, but he was totally worth his money for those 3 years.

AussieFanKurt
11-09-2013, 08:18 AM
the dude doesn't play D

Texas_Ranger
11-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Like I said Belinelli is not really better than Neal.

Vash StampedE
11-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Letting him go was, in a way, letting him have a bigger money and role which Neal certainly believe he could attain playing somewhere else.

Uriel
11-09-2013, 09:22 AM
I wouldn't say the Spurs were "ungrateful." In the offseason, it was actually their first choice to re-sign him, but only if the price was right. Milwaukee made him an offer that was outside of the Spurs' price range, so they moved on by signing Bellineli.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Never. His shooting was remarkable at times, but at other times he was so damn annoying with his shot selection. In the finals he got his shot back, but before that, he wash horrible. Let me remind you why we didn't like him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LDH66ja2Zc

You're telling me in a critical moment of the NBA finals to clinch the title, you are going to lose track of someone who can hardly move, and let them make a three with one damn shoe on?

timmy2003
11-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Considering his role and his salary, I'd say most Spurs fans were ungrateful. He had his flaws, especially defensively, but he was totally worth his money for those 3 years.
Well said.

Russo21
11-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Gary Neal? I totally forgot about him :lol

DMC
11-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Ungrateful? No. He was a shooter, nothing else. Couldn't play a lick of defense. He got paid a lot of money to shoot a basketball. He parlayed that to an even bigger deal. I'd say the Spurs just paid for a product that they found a way to use to it's full potential, par the course tbh.

ehz33satx
11-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Gets the ball, runs back up the court, and jacks up a shot as soon as he hits the 3 point line. Plays minimal defense. Good riddance.

And to say Bellineli no better than Neal? Did you not watch last years Bulls Heat playoffs? Marco brought it every game.

DesignatedT
11-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Horrible defender. Low BB IQ. Ball stopper.

pjjrfan
11-09-2013, 12:11 PM
If Anything Gary Neal should be grateful for the opportunity the Spurs gave him, if I remember correctly when he was signed to his initial contract there was a lot of howling going on about him, most fans were more interested in other players and if James Anderson, who had been playing great up to that point, hadn't broken his foot, Neal might not ever have gotten a shot .

Baynes
11-09-2013, 12:21 PM

wut? You forgot to blue font? :lol

Prime Time
11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
No, I don't miss him by any means. I use to shout "WHY NEAL?!" everytime he took a bad, contested shot.... which was probably about 60-70% of his total attempts

Belineli, in 6 games, has shown more all-around ability that Neal has during a 3 year stint. Truth is... Neli isn't a terrible defender. I have NO idea why ST makes it sound like he's barely above Neal in that aspect, Maybe they forgot how terrible Neal truly was on the defensive end. He didn't have the length to contest natural shooting guards nor did he have the quickness to keep up with point guards. He could really only guard other combo guards, but even then he was still lacking. I mean, did we all forgot when he got lit up by Daequan Cook during 2012 or Greivis Vasquez in 2011???

Beli on the other hand manages to stay in front of his offensive player. He's not the best at contesting shots (We're just spoiled because of Green and Kawhi tbh) but he's always has a hand in the player's face. Just like his defense against Iggy on the final play last night... Do any of you think Neal would have managed to stay in front of Andre, or even take him out of his comfort zone like Marco did? I doubt it. Neal was that bad on defense

Beli is also a much better play maker. I don't need to go forward on this, because we all know it's true.

And lastly, Marco just takes better shots in general. Right now he looks a bit rusty, but he only shoots when open or if the clock is running down. If neither of the two are happening, he sets up a play. And that alone makes him much more fitting to our system than Neal ever was. The same can be said with Ayers and Blair, tbh.

Also :lmao.404% shooting

Skull-1
11-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Gets the ball, runs back up the court, and jacks up a shot as soon as he hits the 3 point line. Plays minimal defense. Good riddance.

And to say Bellineli no better than Neal? Did you not watch last years Bulls Heat playoffs? Marco brought it every game.

And always a threat to get trapped for a turnover while bringing the ball up court...

Brunodf
11-09-2013, 12:55 PM
40% FG+ top 3 worst defender, pass

Hoops Czar
11-09-2013, 12:57 PM

So does Ginobili and Green. People here don't really have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

concan1
11-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Belinelli is a much better all around player than Neal. No question about that.

Darkwaters
11-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Hes definitely under-appreciated on this forum. The guy was a stud for us while playing for minimum wage. Plus he was generally a smart player that was willing to change his role (ie, play PG) when the team needed it.

And complaints that he didn't play D, while also praising Mills and Belinelli, are stupid. None of those guys play D.

Skull-1
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
So does Ginobili and Green. People here don't really have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

Don't criticize the Argentine prince for jacking up bad shots. People will call you names.

ElNono
11-09-2013, 01:30 PM

:lmao

Dex
11-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Gary Neal was what he was. He was a streaky shooter who could get hot, and wasn't afraid to take big shots.

I'd encourage those who want to point to Neal's 24-point Finals Game 3 performance to try to defend him scoring 12 points on 5/19 shooting over the last THREE games?

Tbh, he was pretty mediocre through the rest of the playoff run shooting 32%, and only scored more than 11 points one other time.

Don't get me wrong. Neal was a good soldier, provided some clutch shots during his tenure, and had a great game when the Spurs really needed it. But he also was undersized, could not defend or get around a pick to save his life, and was in chucker mode 95% of the time. The Spurs felt it was time to move on, and even though I liked Neal on the team, I can't say I disagree with the decision.

Raven
11-09-2013, 02:20 PM
not missing him or anything, but it's obvious we are far worse off with belinelli. I completely agree with not resigning him, we have a lot of sg that should be played more, BUT:
-belinelli is a faaaar worse defender
-a far worse shooter
-as streaky as green which makes him useless in the play off (neal being able to move the chains when none else could is what made him so valuable)
-a terrible ballhandler, and i mean it in the sense of setting a play, he does not do that well. He has a decent dribbling but we are not that kind of team
-as stupid as they come (of course mcgee doesn't count), honestly listening to him being a high bball iq player has to be the worse take anyone has ever had, ever.

all in all, we'll still be good, but this was not a lateral move but a big step backward.

Johnny RIngo
11-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Same here. I'm not missing him at all. You'd have to be deseperate to miss someone as crappy as Neal. I'm more disappointed that Spurs wasted their MLE on two scrubs in Belli and Ayers. These are Tim and Manu's final two years with the team and the Spurs decide to fill out the roster with these two awful players? Embarrassing. They would have been better off resigning Neal and using the entire MLE on an impact player.

KL2
11-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Good to see there are some people bringing some sense to this thread, Belli>>>>Neal.

Belli still needs to find how exactly he fits into this system, remember he was one of the main offensive options on the bulls last year. Now he's playing in a new system, surrounded by talented offensive players that are also his brand new teammates.

Once he finds that rhythm and his team starts trusting him he's going to be extremely valuable.

Johnny RIngo
11-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Once he finds that rhythm and his team starts trusting him he's going to be extremely valuable.

:lol No he won't.

Belli has never been an impact player, except for maybe one year in Toronto or New Orleans. In fact, his presence on the court made the Bulls worse last year. I don't know where the notion came from that he was the Italian Ginobili. He's more like the Italian Neal.

Hoops Czar
11-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Belli has never been an impact player, except for maybe one year in Toronto or New Orleans. In fact, his presence on the court made the Bulls worse last year. I don't know where the notion came from that he was the Italian Ginobili. He's more like the Italian Neal.

People like making odd ball statements. Don't forget Mini Manu (De Colo)

Sean Cagney
11-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Ungrateful? No. He was a shooter, nothing else. Couldn't play a lick of defense. He got paid a lot of money to shoot a basketball. He parlayed that to an even bigger deal. I'd say the Spurs just paid for a product that they found a way to use to it's full potential, par the course tbh.

This is 100% dead on. I won't forget his three he allowed either where he let Chalmers run up the floor and bank it at the end of the third to take the lead, that one hurt.

Sean Cagney
11-09-2013, 03:19 PM
not missing him or anything, but it's obvious we are far worse off with belinelli. I completely agree with not resigning him, we have a lot of sg that should be played more, BUT:
-belinelli is a faaaar worse defender

How in the hell is he a far worse defender than Neal? Nobody in the league is far worse on defense than him. This part made me laugh. I had to stop reading there.

Poolboy5623
11-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Miss Gary Neal?! Hell, bucks fans don't even act like they want him.

Johnny RIngo
11-09-2013, 03:22 PM
People like making odd ball statements. Don't forget Mini Manu (De Colo)

I don't know why SA even gave DeColo a roster spot. Anybody that's watched him in Europe could tell you he wasn't NBA calibre. Never thought the Spurs would find a European player worse than Beno. Hell, it's insulting to even compare DeColo to Udrih. At least Beno carved an NBA career for himself while DeColo's fleeing back to Europe next season.

Johnny RIngo
11-09-2013, 03:24 PM
How in the hell is he a far worse defender than Neal? Nobody in the league is far worse on defense than him. This part made me laugh. I had to stop reading there.

Belli's not worse than Neal but he's not exactly a good defender either. He was pretty awful in Chicago last year.

Raven
11-09-2013, 04:17 PM

you may up this in february, let's see if you change your mind by then.

spurraider21
11-09-2013, 05:52 PM
40% from the field

:wakeup

Prime Time
11-09-2013, 05:59 PM
I think you people forgot how bad of a defender Neal was...

And before the finals, Neal was averaging 5 points on .364%
OH YEAH, How could we forget his whoopin' 0.6 assists!

There's no way anyone logical would currently trade Marco for Gary straight up

Floyd Pacquiao
11-09-2013, 06:00 PM
lol @ saying belli is a worse defender than smh. belli has much quicker feet to stay in frount of his man, and I have yet to see him sag off his man and leave a 3 point shooter wide open ala gary neal.

ThaBigFundamental21
11-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Neal was and is trash. He is a chucker who can do nothing else. Neal with it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 06:04 PM
To be fair, 40% isn't that bad when all you shoot are threes

ElNono
11-09-2013, 06:12 PM
They were extremely grateful with Manu... :tu Spurs

exstatic
11-09-2013, 09:51 PM

You'd be one of those people...

Obstructed_View
11-09-2013, 09:54 PM

But he's not making that money in Milwaukee. Are we all in agreement that the Spurs would have been insane to pay that much for him?

BTW, I'm wondering how long before he's the starting point guard for that team. They're abysmal.

td4mvp2k
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Considering his role and his salary, I'd say most Spurs fans were ungrateful. He had his flaws, especially defensively, but he was totally worth his money for those 3 years.this n wat OP said dat green cant do wat neal can... beli to suks on D so spurs did a sh*t job der...

ace3g
11-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Battle of Blair vs Neal

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488965

Skull-1
11-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Blair isn't the issue. He sucks. We wouldn't be any better with him because our core is older. Tim is slower. Manu is Manu without the skills he used to have. Diaw. Splitter. Everyone except Leonard is suffering a decline induced by age, even Parker.

Neal was a turnover, no move, heat check chucker with no D. So what?

Kool Bob Love
11-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Nah he's a 0-timer.

Sean Cagney
11-09-2013, 10:47 PM
you may up this in february, let's see if you change your mind by then.I still do not think anyone is aloooot worse than Neal the way you said it, atleast I hope not.

Hoops Czar
11-09-2013, 10:49 PM
You'd be one of those people...

I'd say pot meet kettle but wait, who the hell are you again? Nevermind, it's not important.

Hoops Czar
11-09-2013, 10:55 PM
But he's not making that money in Milwaukee. Are we all in agreement that the Spurs would have been insane to pay that much for him?

BTW, I'm wondering how long before he's the starting point guard for that team. They're abysmal.

Wolters is the starting PG and the backup Ridnour is injured. That's why Neal is being pressed into action at the backup PG position.

Raven
11-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I still do not think anyone is aloooot worse than Neal the way you said it, atleast I hope not.

well he does not stay in front of anybody, in fact, he gets straight up dribbled without any effort from anybody.. just to name two emblematic moments, both game clinching defenses were terrible despite being in our favor, let me brake it down:
- the first one, he is contesting a shot from behind the player shooting a 3, so anything he can achive, is fouling the player, instead leaves the player a free shot (granted it's unbalanced, but still free) with no rpessure
- the second one, against iggy is downright pathetic, one on one situation against one of the worst shooters in the league, anybody knows he is going to the rim, yet belinelli manages to not only not hold him off with his body, but he doesn't even stay in front of him, leaving him a clean path to the rim where timmy actually contest the shot.

and tbh, if you look closely to his halfcourt D, you can see that he never actually guards anybody off the ball, takes half an hour to recover from a screen and so on.. neal was only terrible at recovering from help D, he was never being picked up like belinelli is tbh..

Biernutz
11-10-2013, 12:02 AM
It's way to early to compare Marco to Gary unless you go back to Gary's first
season with the Spurs. Everyone here knows that the longer Marco plays here
the more he will fit in. This was the same with Gary. I think that Marco is more
athletic than Gary will become a good addition to the Spurs. It's way too early to
compare the two, come back at the end of the season.

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 12:05 AM
fk this clown tbh

marco >>>> hero

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Bonner still on the team. Neal is not.

Ayres on the team - Blair is not.

"mastermind"
Bonner is our only player left on the roster besides the Big Three which were present on the 2007 championship team.

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 12:07 AM
:lol

Sean Cagney
11-10-2013, 01:19 AM
well he does not stay in front of anybody, in fact, he gets straight up dribbled without any effort from anybody.. just to name two emblematic moments, both game clinching defenses were terrible despite being in our favor, let me brake it down:
- the first one, he is contesting a shot from behind the player shooting a 3, so anything he can achive, is fouling the player, instead leaves the player a free shot (granted it's unbalanced, but still free) with no rpessure
- the second one, against iggy is downright pathetic, one on one situation against one of the worst shooters in the league, anybody knows he is going to the rim, yet belinelli manages to not only not hold him off with his body, but he doesn't even stay in front of him, leaving him a clean path to the rim where timmy actually contest the shot.

and tbh, if you look closely to his halfcourt D, you can see that he never actually guards anybody off the ball, takes half an hour to recover from a screen and so on.. neal was only terrible at recovering from help D, he was never being picked up like belinelli is tbh..
I will give it time till I make a full judgement on this here, hope you are wrong.

DesignatedT
11-13-2013, 10:49 PM

:lmao Hope you don't seriously believe this.

SpurPadre
11-13-2013, 10:58 PM
I'll say this, my heart and nerves are EXTREMELY grateful that matador defense playing, chucking, ball-movement killing motherfucker is no longer a Spur. Let him get his garbage-time stats in Milwaukee. We know better.

Brunodf
11-15-2013, 11:29 PM
11 pts(4-12 FG), 0 rebs, 3 assist, 5 turnovers, 4 fouls in 26 minutes. -29 vs Indiana

tenbeersbold
11-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Don't try so hard guys..there'll always be a place fer white dudes in the NBA.... Relax

Brunodf
11-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Bump.

10 pts(4-11 FG), reb, assist, -11 in 20 minutes vs Bobcats.

Neal average 12 pts on 39% FG in the season.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Bump.

10 pts(4-11 FG), reb, assist, -11 in 20 minutes vs Bobcats.

Neal average 12 pts on 39% FG in the season.

he's shooting like 43% from three. i think beli is shooting like 53% from 3

alfahdlan
11-30-2013, 12:29 AM
+1

PlayNando
11-30-2013, 01:53 AM
I'll say this, my heart and nerves are EXTREMELY grateful that matador defense playing, chucking, ball-movement killing motherfucker is no longer a Spur. Let him get his garbage-time stats in Milwaukee. We know better.
Word.....................

PlayNando
11-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Marco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hero.

Hoops Czar
11-30-2013, 01:54 AM
See, this thread only gets bumped when Neal has a lousy game. I guess nobody bothered to bump this thread when he went for 18 points on 6-11 shooting, 4 assists and just 1 turnover against the Heat or his 23 points on 8-15 shooting 4/1 A/TO ratio vs the Cavs. If you're going to start scrap booking Neal's bad games, then you should start one up for Belinelli too. Belinelli's stats would be nearly identical to Neal's if he were playing for the Bucks. But carry on.

PlayNando
11-30-2013, 01:57 AM
See, this thread only gets bumped when Neal has a lousy game. I guess nobody bothered to bump this thread when he went for 18 points on 6-11 shooting, 4 assists and just 1 turnover against the Heat or his 23 points on 8-15 shooting 4/1 A/TO ratio vs the Cavs. If you're going to start scrap booking Neal's bad games, then you should start one up for Belinelli too. Belinelli's stats would be nearly identical to Neal's if he were playing for the Bucks. But carry on.
He's shooting 39% on the season, bro. Sounds like those bad games are frequent, tbh!

Hoops Czar
11-30-2013, 02:02 AM
He's shooting 39% on the season, bro. Sounds like those bad games are frequent, tbh!

The Bucks suck. They have very few guys that can penetrate off the dribble, just about all shots taken are from outside the paint, and he certainly isn't getting the kind of open looks like he was getting in San Antonio because the Bucks don't move the ball around like the Spurs. It's not all that shocking that his field goal percentage has taken a dive.

TheWriter
11-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Hoops, bottomline, Marco is a better fit for the Spurs. Neal was a good role player when he was here but Marco is a better role player. Why? Because of his bbiq, his passing, his court vision, his defense in relation to Neal's nonexistent defense.

DMC
11-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Don't try so hard guys..there'll always be a place fer white dudes in the NBA.... Relax

Yep, like owners.

Chinook
11-30-2013, 02:37 AM
I think it's more that people are using Neal's stats on a worse team to justify their general lack of appreciation for what he did over the last three years. Neal balled hard with the Spurs. Beli is playing like we all wished Gary could. But Neal had a lot of good games in San Antonio, even out of position as a point-guard. He deserves an honest evaluation, not just one that points out the bad. It's not like he became a cancer like Jack.

Also, it's not clear that signing Beli was the ideal move, especially to those who believe Kirilenko would have come to the Spurs for the MLE. It's working out great so far, and I hope it continues, but there may come a time when we wish they had AK and Neal over Beli and Ayres (although I actually like Jeff a lot).

PlayNando
11-30-2013, 02:43 AM
The Bucks suck. They have very few guys that can penetrate off the dribble, just about all shots taken are from outside the paint, and he certainly isn't getting the kind of open looks like he was getting in San Antonio because the Bucks don't move the ball around like the Spurs. It's not all that shocking that his field goal percentage has taken a dive.
Excuses, excuses. Anyone who can't hit 40% from the field is a fkn scrub. He's a chubby chucker.

Sean Cagney
11-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Hoops, bottomline, Marco is a better fit for the Spurs. Neal was a good role player when he was here but Marco is a better role player. Why? Because of his bbiq, his passing, his court vision, his defense in relation to Neal's nonexistent defense.

Period end of story, don't care what Hoops has to say either what you said and what some others said in here is truth, period.
I think it's more that people are using Neal's stats on a worse team to justify their general lack of appreciation for what he did over the last three years. Neal balled hard with the Spurs. Beli is playing like we all wished Gary could. But Neal had a lot of good games in San Antonio, even out of position as a point-guard. He deserves an honest evaluation, not just one that points out the bad. It's not like he became a cancer like Jack.

Also, it's not clear that signing Beli was the ideal move, especially to those who believe Kirilenko would have come to the Spurs for the MLE. It's working out great so far, and I hope it continues, but there may come a time when we wish they had AK and Neal over Beli and Ayres (although I actually like Jeff a lot).I would hope not. BTW how is AK working out for the 4-12 Nets? I bet he is happy he went there huh? Ayres do not even bring up as this is Neal or Belli, which so far I DO NOT MISS NEAL AT ALL! He was alright here but took too many dumb shots outside of the flow of the game and his D was awful! If he was hot he was hot but if not his shot selection was bad and his D bad. He was good for what he was which is a volume shooter only.

HI-FI
11-30-2013, 03:17 AM
Period end of story, don't care what Hoops has to say either what you said and what some others said in here is truth, period.I would hope not. BTW how is AK working out for the 4-12 Nets? I bet he is happy he went there huh? Ayres do not even bring up as this is Neal or Belli, which so far I DO NOT MISS NEAL AT ALL! He was alright here but took too many dumb shots outside of the flow of the game and his D was awful! If he was hot he was hot but if not his shot selection was bad and his D bad. He was good for what he was which is a volume shooter only.

that's been the biggest reason I thought Beli would be a better fit than Neal. Just higher BBIQ and better flow. Everything is moving so much better with Beli and he hasn't even been here that long. I appreciate Neal at times but when his shot wasn't falling, it was ugly out there.

Chinook
11-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Period end of story, don't care what Hoops has to say either what you said and what some others said in here is truth, period.I would hope not. BTW how is AK working out for the 4-12 Nets? I bet he is happy he went there huh? Ayres do not even bring up as this is Neal or Belli, which so far I DO NOT MISS NEAL AT ALL! He was alright here but took too many dumb shots outside of the flow of the game and his D was awful! If he was hot he was hot but if not his shot selection was bad and his D bad. He was good for what he was which is a volume shooter only.

Ayres and Beli are linked in the sense that the Spurs had to use the MLE to sign Beli and really didn't have enough money to do anything but sign a player like Ayres. They had Neal's Bird rights. So it's not just a matter of who's better; it's a matter of whether Beli is so much better that he was worth taking away a chance to sign AK or Brewer. It looks like he is, but maybe that will change. It's still a long season.

Sean Cagney
11-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Ayres and Beli are linked in the sense that the Spurs had to use the MLE to sign Beli and really didn't have enough money to do anything but sign a player like Ayres. They had Neal's Bird rights. So it's not just a matter of who's better; it's a matter of whether Beli is so much better that he was worth taking away a chance to sign AK or Brewer. It looks like he is, but maybe that will change. It's still a long season.

Time will tell indeed but as of right now it looks like Belli is a good fit as of right now for the team. Ayres is just a spare IMO and will get possibly better but Belli and resigning Splitter last offseason was key!!!! PERIOD.

Hoops Czar
11-30-2013, 03:36 AM
that's been the biggest reason I thought Beli would be a better fit than Neal. Just higher BBIQ and better flow. Everything is moving so much better with Beli and he hasn't even been here that long. I appreciate Neal at times but when his shot wasn't falling, it was ugly out there.

How can someone quantify BBIQ? It's way to early to say things are flowing better with Beli because so far the Spurs haven't lost a game they were suppose to win and they haven't won a game they were suppose to lose. The Spurs are consistently among the league leaders in point differential and that's with the low BBIQ chucking machine. The only time it got ugly out there was when Pop played Neal at the point instead of his natural shooting guard position. It remains to be seen whether having Neal as a pure SG and AK47 as a backup to Kawhi who can do many of the same things Belinelli can + play defense as opposed to just Marco.

exstatic
11-30-2013, 06:24 AM
How can someone quantify BBIQ? It's way to early to say things are flowing better with Beli because so far the Spurs haven't lost a game they were suppose to win and they haven't won a game they were suppose to lose. The Spurs are consistently among the league leaders in point differential and that's with the low BBIQ chucking machine. The only time it got ugly out there was when Pop played Neal at the point instead of his natural shooting guard position. It remains to be seen whether having Neal as a pure SG and AK47 as a backup to Kawhi who can do many of the same things Belinelli can + play defense as opposed to just Marco.

?? AK47 was never coming here. Once Flip Saunders decided NOT to do a S&T, there was only one place he was going for MLE or less: the Nyets.

benefactor
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
?? AK47 was never coming here. Once Flip Saunders decided NOT to do a S&T, there was only one place he was going for MLE or less: the Nyets.
I don't know why people keep ignoring this. It gets said over and over yet people still live under the illusion that AK-47 was right there and the Spurs lost him. Oh...wait...isn't he injured?

As far as Neal vs. Beli goes, Chinook said it best...Beli is just a better fit. Neal had some good games and could shoot the lights out but at the end of the day he was basically a gunner. Beli's all around game fits the Spurs Euroball style of offense much, much better.

benefactor
11-30-2013, 08:36 AM
And :lol some of Raven's takes in this thread. Holy shit.

Raven
11-30-2013, 08:44 AM
so now the fact that ak47 is injured, is a proof that he wasn't available :lol

benefactor
11-30-2013, 08:47 AM
No...he wasn't available...period. Him being injured is just proof that the Spurs dodged a bullet by Saunders not agreeing to sign and trade him. Nice attempt at yet another goalpost move though, per par.

Raven
11-30-2013, 09:32 AM
No...he wasn't available...period. Him being injured is just proof that the Spurs dodged a bullet by Saunders not agreeing to sign and trade him. Nice attempt at yet another goalpost move though, per par.

look if you need to use the word "proof" for something that is not even related, it just makes it obvious that your takes are not really to be taken seriously.

exstatic
11-30-2013, 10:49 AM
look if you need to use the word "proof" for something that is not even related, it just makes it obvious that your takes are not really to be taken seriously.

You just used the word proof. Hah!

benefactor
11-30-2013, 12:24 PM

so now the fact that ak47 is injured, is a proof that he wasn't available :lol

exstatic
11-30-2013, 12:37 PM

DMC
11-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Gary made millions off the Spurs. Hell, I wish they would be ungrateful with me.

jeebus
11-30-2013, 01:19 PM
reading this thread solely for raven's takes. was not disappointed.

Raven
11-30-2013, 01:42 PM

yeah, it's funny that you don't know the meaning of the word "related"

Darius McCrary
11-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Noone can speak on Marco's clutch rating though.
Neal had clutch factor to spare.

For all we know, Marco will crap the bed when the shit goes down.

Juggity
11-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I like marco's passing skills. It adds another dimension to the bench unit that Neal just couldn't provide. As great as Neal was in the clutch, King Beli seems more dependable and consistent thus far. This, in combination with his ability to make baskets in tight situations, seems like an upgrade

Biernutz
11-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I just love the Gary Neal threads--they keep
my attention and on the edge of my seat.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/rummy.gif

PlayNando
11-30-2013, 03:41 PM

You must not watch basketball much. Marco is very clutch, more so than the Hero.

Darius McCrary
11-30-2013, 03:59 PM
You must not watch basketball much. Marco is very clutch, more so than the Hero.
Only believe it when I see it and unfortunately that won't be until June.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Only believe it when I see it and unfortunately that won't be until June.

His points, his assists, his rebounds and his field goal percentage go up in the playoffs. NBA has a clutch stat you can generate, and Beli has a better winning percentage and a higher field goal percentage than Neal last season.

Budkin
11-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Brunodf
11-30-2013, 07:34 PM
:lol Some people still making excuses for Neal

Rogue
11-30-2013, 08:04 PM
My niggas Neal and Blair had always been my favorite spurs while they were playing in San Antonio and I'm still regretting that we only got Blair last summer, instead of them both. It's not like the spurs would've been playing better now with Neal still on their squad. Going 14-2 to start the season justifies itself but I do believe they should've re-signed him and made him a valuable trading asset.

Dex
11-30-2013, 08:14 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3653599/tim_ao_fix.gif

This play by Belinelli would've been either a turnover or a chucked three by Neal.

hyhy
11-30-2013, 10:24 PM

Ice009
11-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Some of you guys are idiots.

I hated Gary Neal on the defensive side of the ball, he hurt us a lot some games defensively, but on offense the guy is a cold blooded shooter.

Can any of you guys shoot the ball? If you can, then you should realize that Neal's shooting in big situations is not something you can teach or practice. You can hit every shot before the game and in practice, but when it comes down to the pressure of the game and pressure moments, a lot of players either shrivel up or struggle to shoot the ball with the same confidence. Neal isn't one of those guys.

Edit : I actually missed Neal's shooting tonight, especially down the stretch when Kawhi, Danny, Tony, Manu, didn't look like they have confidence shooting the ball in a tight, high pressure game. Neal has the confidence to take and make tough shots. It's just too bad that he's undersized and doesn't have the body and speed to play good defense.

KL2
12-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Yes he will.

Brunodf
12-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Bump.

8 pts(2-6 FG) in 16 minutes vs the Celtics, -11.

Neal average 11.3 ppg on 38% FG in the season

PlayNando
12-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Bump.

:lol Scrub. :lol

cd021
12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I like marco's passing skills. It adds another dimension to the bench unit that Neal just couldn't provide. As great as Neal was in the clutch, King Beli seems more dependable and consistent thus far. This, in combination with his ability to make baskets in tight situations, seems like an upgrade

Plus, who'd have thought that Beli would be leading the league in 3pt % 18 games in.

cd021
12-03-2013, 11:00 PM

Neal's clutch heroics are blown out of proportion. He's had his fair share of late game blunders. I simply wouldn't trust him to make late game free throws.

-Last season. He collapsed in the paint on a drive and allow Conley to hit a game tying 3 pointer. The Spurs were up 3 with less than 45 seconds left. Had he stayed home, chances are we would have held on to win that game.

-Missed 4 shots and had a turnover in the final 90 seconds of the game. We say a 98-93 lead evaporate as Miami won 105-100. He also had an offensive foul with 20 seconds left (we were trailing by 2 points at the time)

-Two seasons ago, Neal got fouled from behind the arc at Dallas (we rallied from 20 down using Anderson, Splitter, Bonner, Green and Neal) he missed a free-throw that would have tied the game up with less than 20 seconds left. We were forced to foul and lost the game

-Missed a free throw late at Clippers that would have tied the game. We were forced to foul and then failed to score on the next possession. To his credit, he capitalize on a horrid pass from Randy Foye and hit a game tying 3 to force OT.

PlayNando
12-03-2013, 11:00 PM
The Hero hits one fluke three against Memphis in a series that we got CRUSHED in and he's suddenly Mr. Clutch. :lol :lol :lol

Obstructed_View
12-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Neal's a good shooter, but clutch guys can hit shots when the offense is struggling, and Neal wasn't a guy to do that. He hit as many clutch shots as Roger Mason did for this team.

Sean Cagney
12-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Some of you guys are idiots.

I hated Gary Neal on the defensive side of the ball, he hurt us a lot some games defensively, but on offense the guy is a cold blooded shooter.

Can any of you guys shoot the ball? If you can, then you should realize that Neal's shooting in big situations is not something you can teach or practice. You can hit every shot before the game and in practice, but when it comes down to the pressure of the game and pressure moments, a lot of players either shrivel up or struggle to shoot the ball with the same confidence. Neal isn't one of those guys.

Edit : I actually missed Neal's shooting tonight, especially down the stretch when Kawhi, Danny, Tony, Manu, didn't look like they have confidence shooting the ball in a tight, high pressure game. Neal has the confidence to take and make tough shots. It's just too bad that he's undersized and doesn't have the body and speed to play good defense.

Ice I agree he could shoot no doubt but he also would pull up some very ill advised threes and shoot you out of a game too! He would take some of the worst ill advised shots I have seen and just way out of the flow of the game (He thought he could make anything which worked against him at times IMO). He was a pure shooter or should I say Volume Shooter though and that brought instant O alot of times and I will give him that. Overall though I like Belli so far alot better.

mute
12-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Why the heck are we so dirt cheap? Neal was only asking for like 3-4M. The big 3 are in their final 2 years... u have the entire next decade to be cheap. just pay the guy jesus

moisaenz
12-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Why the heck are we so dirt cheap? Neal was only asking for like 3-4M. The big 3 are in their final 2 years... u have the entire next decade to be cheap. just pay the guy jesus

It seems that spurs thought that he was going to get paid more, even more than Bellinelli was asking..

Ice009
12-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Ice I agree he could shoot no doubt but he also would pull up some very ill advised threes and shoot you out of a game too! He would take some of the worst ill advised shots I have seen and just way out of the flow of the game (He thought he could make anything which worked against him at times IMO). He was a pure shooter or should I say Volume Shooter though and that brought instant O alot of times and I will give him that. Overall though I like Belli so far alot better.

I won't disagree with anything you said, it's all valid, and I agree with pretty much all of it, but I'm talking about shooting only, and nothing else. It's not easy to find a shooter like Neal. What's making it worse, easier to discard him, is that he looks like a low percentage chucker in Milwaukee, but he's been on the big stage with the Spurs and we saw that he is not afraid in the biggest games and moment, sure, he is a complete fuck up on defense and isn't too great on offense when he isn't shooting the ball, but the guy can shoot. The guy has a lot of confidence in his shot, even players like Kawhi, Danny, Manu, Tim, they all get down on themselves at times when their jumper is not going down. Neal never did, and I think that is what makes a great/fearless shooter. That's the type of attitude someone like Horry had. Too many players buckle under pressure and miss the shot before it even leaves their hand because they're nervous before shooting it.

I like Marco's overall game better than Neal's, so I wouldn't pick Neal over him, but I would take Neal over some of the other players on the team. It's just too bad Neal is in an undersized body without much athleticism.

Hoops Czar
12-04-2013, 02:05 AM
It seems that spurs thought that he was going to get paid more, even more than Bellinelli was asking..

I didn't realize Belinelli had an asking price. It had to do with RC overvaluing the market.

Yours truly,

Jeff Ayres

T Park
12-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Plus, who'd have thought that Beli would be leading the league in 3pt % 18 games in.

anyone with half a brain that has watched Belinelli and his stats.

T Park
12-04-2013, 02:52 AM

step up and give the money then.

Sean Cagney
12-04-2013, 02:57 AM
I won't disagree with anything you said, it's all valid, and I agree with pretty much all of it, but I'm talking about shooting only, and nothing else. It's not easy to find a shooter like Neal. What's making it worse, easier to discard him, is that he looks like a low percentage chucker in Milwaukee, but he's been on the big stage with the Spurs and we saw that he is not afraid in the biggest games and moment, sure, he is a complete fuck up on defense and isn't too great on offense when he isn't shooting the ball, but the guy can shoot. The guy has a lot of confidence in his shot, even players like Kawhi, Danny, Manu, Tim, they all get down on themselves at times when their jumper is not going down. Neal never did, and I think that is what makes a great/fearless shooter. That's the type of attitude someone like Horry had. Too many players buckle under pressure and miss the shot before it even leaves their hand because they're nervous before shooting it.

I like Marco's overall game better than Neal's, so I wouldn't pick Neal over him, but I would take Neal over some of the other players on the team. It's just too bad Neal is in an undersized body without much athleticism.
I agree and loved the HORRY part in there, he really did not care and would just be loose and let it fly and thats why he hit more than most in the clutch IMO.... Thats a good post there.

cd021
12-04-2013, 03:07 AM
Neal's a good shooter, but clutch guys can hit shots when the offense is struggling, and Neal wasn't a guy to do that. He hit as many clutch shots as Roger Mason did for this team.

He hit fewer. In one season Mason Jr. hit 4 game winners. Neal had none.

cd021
12-04-2013, 03:13 AM
anyone with half a brain that has watched Belinelli and his stats.

39 %3pt doesn't really foreshadow hitting 56%3pt in his 1st 18 games with a new team. I watched him alot last season, it certainly didn't hint at this production either.

Hoops Czar
12-04-2013, 03:32 AM
He hit fewer. In one season Mason Jr. hit 4 game winners. Neal had none.

Unfortunately for Mason, those 4 shots summed up his entire career.

spursnatic
12-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I wish we would have kept him myself..We got way too many scrubs too pass on a player who can actually contribute

cd021
12-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately for Mason, those 4 shots summed up his entire career.

Yeah that season was great, but it was kind of a great amount of luck. Ginobili was injured for most of the season. He got into the starting lineup and tore it up. He never really amounted to anything outside of San Antonio. I actually forgot he was still in the league.

jeebus
12-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Bump.

on the bright side, he didn't chuck up 12 shots like he usually does while only making 3 or so of them. I'm so happy to be rid of that rapist cancer.

PlayNando
12-04-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm glad we got rid of the rapists on this team.

TXstbobcat
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM
It is a win-win for both Neal and the spurs. Neal got his $6.5 million and the spurs signed Marco, who has been a great fit with the spurs so far.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Marco's a better fit for the Spurs. I like Neal, and I don't think the Spurs were "ungrateful" for him. He's making some bank, and so good for him. :tu

exstatic
12-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Gary Neal should get down on his knees and blow RC. He was an unknown, undrafted 25 YO with a checkered personal past playing in Europe. Now, he's an NBA player making bank. How terrible. I'm sure he feels SO used.

Hoops Czar
12-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Gary Neal should get down on his knees and blow RC. He was an unknown, undrafted 25 YO with a checkered personal past playing in Europe. Now, he's an NBA player making bank. How terrible. I'm sure he feels SO used.

Neal shouldn't have to drop to his knees and give head to anyone. He had a very impressive summer league debut and the Spurs were in need of an offensive spark. If the Spurs didn't give him the opportunity, some other GM would have.

exstatic
12-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Neal shouldn't have to drop to his knees and give head to anyone. He had a very impressive summer league debut and the Spurs were in need of an offensive spark. If the Spurs didn't give him the opportunity, some other GM would have.

The Spurs found him in Europe. That led to a workout invite in SA. That led to a summer league invite to the Spurs summer league team. THEN, he had a nice summerleague. That never happens without the SA front office doing their due diligence.

No one else was knocking on his door.

T Park
12-06-2013, 11:50 PM
39 %3pt doesn't really foreshadow hitting 56%3pt in his 1st 18 games with a new team. I watched him alot last season, it certainly didn't hint at this production either.

look at past three point shooter's improvement in stats when put into the system. You're welcome.

Obstructed_View
12-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Gary Neal with DNP-CD tonight. Were the Bucks ungrateful with him?

PlayNando
12-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Gary Neal with DNP-CD tonight. Were the Bucks ungrateful with him?
:tu

:lol hero ball chubby chucker :lol

DesignatedT
12-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Marco is 10x the player Neal is. This thread is fucking retarded. Neal was a great bargain during his time here and had some great moments and stretches before teams started figuring him out. The guy is an awful defender and a ball stopper on offense. I shed tears of joy every time I watch the Spurs and don't have to worry about him or Blair checking into the game.

Insult to Marco to even compare him to Neal. If the Spurs had Marco backing up Manu in the finals last season Timmy would have #5. Truth.

PlayNando
12-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Marco is 10x the player Neal is. This thread is fucking retarded. Neal was a great bargain during his time here and had some great moments and stretches before teams started figuring him out. The guy is an awful defender and a ball stopper on offense. I shed tears of joy every time I watch the Spurs and don't have to worry about him or Blair checking into the game.

Insult to Marco to even compare him to Neal. If the Spurs had Marco backing up Manu in the finals last season Timmy would have #5. Truth.
Word............

Spurstalk posters just demonstrating their lack of intelligence, per par, tbh......

Baam
12-07-2013, 01:25 AM

Then he will get 5 and 6 for sure now... Bet your house on that if it's such an upgrade. And Marco will be the best player in two Finals game not just one like Neal...

Brunodf
12-07-2013, 01:34 AM
:lol Neal is out of the Bucks rotation but somehow managed to get minutes in San Antonio. :lol

:lol " :pop: knows better and is always right"

Sean Cagney
12-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Then he will get 5 and 6 for sure now... Bet your house on that if it's such an upgrade. And Marco will be the best player in two Finals game not just one like Neal...

STFU Neal is not that good at all and he is getting DNP in Milwaukee where they have no players there so stop it. Nobody is saying Marco is a saviour but all around HE SURELY is better than that one dimensional player in NEAL! Neal is some shit if we are being honest, he is not a good player. He fit out system well with just shoot when open and hit some threes, even then he would take some GOD AWFUL SHOTS and do nothing else.

DesignatedT
12-07-2013, 02:10 AM

:lol so fucking stupid.

Baam
12-07-2013, 03:11 AM
Neal = most clutch since Horry

Beli = 2/19 and 3/13 in the eurobasket two most important games, he's considered like Finals Turnobili in Italy...

Baam
12-07-2013, 03:14 AM
I like Marco's passing which is the one area where he murders Neal but against a team like the Heat fancy passing doesn't work, they love that shit actually...

DMC
12-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Gary Neal will not be in the league in just a few years. Only teams with good defense can take him because his defense sucks, and he's just there to add quick offense. The league is full of spot up shooters, and that's what Gary is. He's a good one, gets his shot off quick, and I hope he does well, but his skillset is so narrow that it's hard to find a good spot for him on a roster, I would think.

cd021
12-07-2013, 08:45 AM
look at past three point shooter's improvement in stats when put into the system. You're welcome.

:lol A bit of an exeration. There have been very few free agent wings that have come in sense we changed our system 3 + seasons ago. Maybe Green but other than that there really isn't precedent.

SpursIndonesia
12-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I like Marco's passing which is the one area where he murders Neal but against a team like the Heat fancy passing doesn't work, they love that shit actually...

Yes, but better dribbling, playmaking, rebounding, and decision taking will work against anybody, and as long Belinelli doesn't allow a shoe less player shitting on him unguarded, he can get a pass from me over Neal any day of the week.

ace3g
12-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, but better dribbling, playmaking, rebounding, and decision taking will work against anybody, and as long Belinelli doesn't allow a shoe less player shitting on him unguarded, he can get a pass from me over Neal any day of the week.

Can't forget giving a player a clear lane to make a buzzer beater 3 pointer to end the 3rd quarter of Game 7, so instead of being up 2, we were down 1.

jeebus
12-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Guy was.....a scrub
agreed.

DesignatedT
12-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Can't forget giving a player a clear lane to make a buzzer beater 3 pointer to end the 3rd quarter of Game 7, so instead of being up 2, we were down 1.

Don't forget this gem by Neal:

wpYY5Lyi1gc

timtonymanu
12-07-2013, 02:05 PM
The Neal hate is a little too much. It's not like the guy bitched about playing time (*cough Blair, Jack). He was a ball stopper though and a bad defender, but he had his moments. I'm glad he's gone, but I wish him well.

DesignatedT
12-07-2013, 02:06 PM
The Neal hate is a little too much. It's not like the guy bitched about playing time (*cough Blair, Jack). He was a ball stopper though and a bad defender, but he had his moments. I'm glad he's gone, but I wish him well.

Not hating. Just saying that he isn't even close to the all around basketball player that Marco is. That doesn't mean Marco is going to be the savior or even continue to play well for us but he is a much better basketball player than Gary. That's just fact.

timtonymanu
12-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Not hating. Just saying that he isn't even close to the all around basketball player that Marco is. That doesn't mean Marco is going to be the savior or even continue to play well for us but he is a much better basketball player than Gary. That's just fact.

Wasn't referring to you, but to the people that called him a cancer. Totally off from what he was.

Of course, Marco is way better.

PlayNando
12-07-2013, 08:13 PM
lol gary neal pos scrub

Biernutz
12-07-2013, 09:26 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/where-are-you.gif

Ice009
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Neal would have at least hit a shot in tonight's game. For all his flaws, he wouldn't have vanished like most of the players have tonight. He'd still be out there shooting with confidence. Can't say the same about most the players on this team.

mentally soft when their shots aren't going down and they lose confidence in their shooting very quickly. Neal shoots the same against elite teams and scrub teams.

Biernutz
12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Where are all the Gary guys now. Another game he sat out because of the same foot problems he
had last year with the Spurs...The Bucks over paid for him.......

rick1991
12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
The Spurs offered Neal $1.116 million QO. Yet they gave Ayres more. SMH

Biernutz
12-12-2013, 12:53 PM

It's better that Gary sits on the Bucks 2nd row during games and not on ours...........

tenbeersbold
12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Neal would have at least hit a shot in tonight's game. For all his flaws, he wouldn't have vanished like most of the players have tonight. He'd still be out there shooting with confidence. Can't say the same about most the players on this team.

mentally soft when their shots aren't going down and they lose confidence in their shooting very quickly. Neal shoots the same against elite teams and scrub teams.

Yup,you got it

Manu and Marco are gonna get eaten alive by the only teams that matter come PO time,hell they already have against any real competition so far this season

LOL,all these jizzers gettin excited by risky passes against absolute basement teams...

We're gonna wish we had Neal come PO crunch time,when you NEED a bucket from a dead eye shooter anywhere on the floor

Though they are to be excused most are closet racist white boys that can't see past their fanaticism for a few caucasian players

TBH,it fits though most Europeans are far more racist on avg than Americans,they haven't had any real integration/immigration yet so they're way behind Americans as far as that goes.

Europeans love to make fun of Americans but as a whole they're far more backward and separated by class than Americans are.

There's a reason our music,media and lifestyle are celebrated around the world,for all its faults its the most progressive society in the world that offers opportunity to all,nowhere else in the world offers that,no EU country for sure

DesignatedT
12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Rather have Ayers than Neal digging into Manu/Marco/Patty minutes right now.

Brunodf
12-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Neal hurts the team more than Ayers

Brunodf
12-12-2013, 05:44 PM
:rollinDNP-CD in Milwaukee but somehow played big minutes in the Finals

Hoops Czar
12-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Neal hurts the team more than Ayers

As Ayres proved against the bucks, he can somewhat play against D-league competition if you nevermind the fact that he was completely out of position on both ends of the court for most of the game. The Spurs up big and wide open, weren't even looking at Ayres as a scoring option.

Hoops Czar
12-12-2013, 06:23 PM
:rollinDNP-CD in Milwaukee but somehow played big minutes in the Finals

He has Plantar faciitis. It's what plagued him most of last season.

PlayNando
12-12-2013, 07:13 PM
He has Plantar faciitis. It's what plagued him most of last season.
He is a liability.

Blackjack
12-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Yup,you got it

Manu and Marco are gonna get eaten alive by the only teams that matter come PO time,hell they already have against any real competition so far this season

LOL,all these jizzers gettin excited by risky passes against absolute basement teams...

We're gonna wish we had Neal come PO crunch time,when you NEED a bucket from a dead eye shooter anywhere on the floor

Though they are to be excused most are closet racist white boys that can't see past their fanaticism for a few caucasian players

TBH,it fits though most Europeans are far more racist on avg than Americans,they haven't had any real integration/immigration yet so they're way behind Americans as far as that goes.

Europeans love to make fun of Americans but as a whole they're far more backward and separated by class than Americans are.

There's a reason our music,media and lifestyle are celebrated around the world,for all its faults its the most progressive society in the world that offers opportunity to all,nowhere else in the world offers that,no EU country for sure

Xenophobe calling the poster racist?

I <3 SpursTalk.

jeebus
12-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Rather have Ayers than Neal
I'd rather have neither. Scroseph, if you're gonna dream, dream big.

PlayNando
12-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Yup,you got it

You are really, really ignorant and stupid.

Obstructed_View
12-12-2013, 11:27 PM
I'd rather have neither. Scroseph, if you're gonna dream, dream big.

This. You aren't required to pick one.

hooperflash
12-14-2013, 12:17 AM
http://i0.wp.com/www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/kirkcrossover.gif?resize=500%2C282

DesignatedT
12-14-2013, 12:26 AM

hooperflash
12-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Crazy finish in Milwaukee. Down 2, 90-88, Joakim Noah tied up Gary Neal on an inbounds pass and forced a jump ball with 16.2 seconds left in the fourth quarter. The Bulls won the tap and got it to Mike Dunleavy who banked in a 3-pointer with 5.8 seconds to give the Bulls a 1-point lead, 91-90, and the win.

Baam
12-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Gary making sure they can tank properly while Chicago is stuck in the middle of the pack... Great teammate taking one for the team. Lol Noah snubbing the eurobasket to focus on winning a title, he's isn't winning shit in Chicago, got what he deserved.

Johnny RIngo
12-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Lol Noah snubbing the eurobasket to focus on winning a title, he's isn't winning shit in Chicago, got what he deserved.

Snubbing joke tournaments like the Eurobasket or FIBA is a GOOD thing and actually makes me respect Noah even more. If Manu ignored these mickey mouse tournaments more often, Spurs might have another title. International basketball needs to go away. Stern and the foreign players see it as the bball equivalent of the World Cup which is a joke. The World Cup's the most prestigious soccer competition - hundreds of millions watch the matches. Winning a world cup is of utmost importance to one's legacy.

International basketball competitions, in comparison, are niche tournaments that rank below the NBA and NCAA in viewership or relevance. You'll often see half-filled arenas and low ratings. Most Europeans are more interested in their favorite soccer team's off-season exhibition matches(friendlies) instead of these national team basketball tournaments. That's how irrelevant they really are.

PlayNando
12-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Snubbing joke tournaments like the Eurobasket or FIBA is a GOOD thing and actually makes me respect Noah even more. If Manu ignored these mickey mouse tournaments more often, Spurs might have another title. International basketball needs to go away. Stern and the foreign players see it as the bball equivalent of the World Cup which is a joke. The World Cup's the most prestigious soccer competition - hundreds of millions watch the matches. Winning a world cup is of utmost importance to one's legacy.

International basketball competitions, in comparison, are niche tournaments that rank below the NBA and NCAA in viewership or relevance. You'll often see half-filled arenas and low ratings. Most Europeans are more interested in their favorite soccer team's off-season exhibition matches(friendlies) instead of these national team basketball tournaments. That's how irrelevant they really are.
Complete rubbish!

tenbeersbold
12-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Xenophobe calling the poster racist?

I <3 SpursTalk.
Xenophobe,LMFAO...I've lived all over the world and live in the EU now

Just telling you from actual lifelong experiences as an expat what is true,sure there's some fantastic places to live in around this globe but none of them have the vitality/diversity and creative engine of the USA...

tenbeersbold
12-14-2013, 05:16 AM
You are really, really ignorant and stupid.

Nope just tellin' it like it is,though you wouldn't know because you are the IGNORANT one

Why don't you go haunt some worthless FIBA board,that's about your speed munchkin

tenbeersbold
12-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Complete rubbish!
Umm no he's right....as someone who actually lives in the EU soccer is king...

Try walking into a pub anywhere in the EU and talk about the NBA...LOL

They don't wanna know anything about it,it's not their culture

Brunodf
12-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Bump.

2pts( 1-5 FG) in 13 minutes. -14

Ice009
12-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Keep shitting on Neal. The guy is likely injured and trying to play through it.

I'm still mad at Neal for his fuckups in the finals, but the guy has proven more in big games than some of the current players on the Spurs roster. Marco, Patty are going to have to play big, in the games that matter against the best teams, not just the scrub teams.

cd021
12-15-2013, 01:52 AM
http://i0.wp.com/www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/kirkcrossover.gif?resize=500%2C282

He really got crossed up by Henrick?:wow

PlayNando
12-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Nope just tellin' it like it is,though you wouldn't know because you are the IGNORANT one

Why don't you go haunt some worthless FIBA board,that's about your speed munchkin
:lol :lol :lol

umadbro?!?!?!?!?!?

:lol :lol :lol

PlayNando
12-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Umm no he's right....as someone who actually lives in the EU soccer is king...

Try walking into a pub anywhere in the EU and talk about the NBA...LOL

They don't wanna know anything about it,it's not their culture
No shit! I realize this, fool.

International competitions still mean something, though, and basketball is quickly growing in popularity. It may never rival football, but it will rise. In France, it is growing very quickly, especially with the French NT's success in recent years.

Sean Cagney
12-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Keep shitting on Neal. The guy is likely injured and trying to play through it.

I'm still mad at Neal for his fuckups in the finals, but the guy has proven more in big games than some of the current players on the Spurs roster. Marco, Patty are going to have to play big, in the games that matter against the best teams, not just the scrub teams.
Bottom line is he is a volume shooter and nothing else Ice.... He can get hot and score and maybe hit a big shot or two, but for each one of those he will take a horrible shot or two! Then miss covering anyone on D. I wish he was still here over some others on the team, but if you would trade his production for Belli I would take BELLI all day everyday. Neal hit that one shit on Memphis and that made him famous in here, the Clippers shot as well later in the regular season, sides that dude was not as overly clutch in big games like most like to say. He was a fearless shooter yes, but that worked against him at times too as he could not drive or create nor pass nor play D.

Budkin
12-16-2013, 06:51 PM
He let a dude without a fucking shoe get wide open and drain a 3... no excuse for that shit.

jeebus
12-16-2013, 07:05 PM
He was a chucker that couldn't dribble or play defense. A step below Danny Green tbh.

exstatic
12-16-2013, 09:02 PM
He was a chucker that couldn't dribble or play defense. A step below Danny Green tbh.

Danny is a better shooter and a FAR better defender, so I'd make it two steps, but that could be considered a quibble.

PlayNando
12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Danny Green >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary Neal.

Marco Belinelli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Danny Green.

Marco Belinelli >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary Neal.

That about sums it up, tbh.