PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford to leave ESPN

kolko
07-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Multiple sources have confirmed that Chad Ford, NBA Insider for ESPN.com will be leaving his post in the coming weeks.

He will become a professor of international conflict
resolution at Brigham Young University-Hawaii.

Representatives from ESPN could not be reached for comment on Tuesday evening.

Ford joined ESPN in 2001 when sportsTALK.com became ESPN Insider, a subscription based service on the site.

Ford previously was the executive editor of sportsTALK.com, an internet sports site he co-founded with Jason Peery.

Prior to his role with sportsTALK, Ford graduated from Georgetown Law School, after earning a degree in history from Brigham Young University-Hawaii in 1995.

His NBA coverage has taken him all over the world scouting international talent and he has routinely broken important free agent signings and trades.

Though sometimes disputed, Ford’s impact and influence on NBA news has become unquestionable. He has always delivered valuable information to his audience.

No word yet on who ESPN will tap to replace him.

Link (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36798/20050726/chad_ford_to_leave_espn/)

ChumpDumper
07-26-2005, 04:48 PM
No word yet on who ESPN will tap to replace him.I nominate anyone who can use the F7 key.

Spurminator
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
This is real?

I thought it was a parody....

clubalien
07-26-2005, 05:00 PM
man i liked reading his chat Q&As that were posted on here

Kori Ellis
07-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Good luck to him.

timvp
07-26-2005, 05:04 PM
He must be suffering from burn out. His job with ESPN wasn't easy. I wouldn't want to do it.

But yeah, his spelling needed work. And his love affair for foreign players is pretty funny. He's the guy who got Darko picked second overall after all those pieces on him before anyone knew who he was.