PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Players that will get traded this season

Rogue
11-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Pau Gasol

Pau has been the hub of his team on both ends of the floor this season, and the biggest reason why their head is still above water. There’s no doubt about the ability of him, despite his age, but the question is how much sense it makes for the Lakers to keep him till the end of the season, give him the 20m cheque and, let him walk.

His 20m contract expiring contract is a great trading asset for the Lakers, to those rebuilding teams this is just as appealing as a 20yr old Scarlett Johansson to Jacob (a 30yr old male virgin). Aren’t the Lakers also a team in rebuilding mode? Yes, they are, but 20m salary coming off the book wouldn’t mean much to the Lakers unless Kobe accepts a sharp pay-cut for his next contract, which would never happen.

Potential buyers include Memphis, which would be the ideal destination for Pau himself since his bro Marc is playing there, and the Trail Blazers whose roster contains the Lakers long-time crush named Aldridge.

Omer Asik

A solid defensive center who has been gradually marginalized since the arrival of DH, it’s true that you can start them both, but the result that this twin-tower strategy cranks out doesn’t always seem to be good. DH has made him a surplus, in some way. Omer can still grab some rebounds in the very limited time and maintain a decent statline, but it’s safe to say that moving elsewhere would be a better option both for the team and himself, rather than staying there as a dub of DH.

A stretch 4 would be a perfect complementing piece to Dwight, just as shown when the Rockets go small ball with Cassipi or Parsons at 4, and neither Cassipi nor Parsons is a real PF, while Omer’s ability should be enough to secure him a spot in the starting lineups of a legit playoff team.

Possible trading partners: Pelicans, who’re rail thin in the paint, will be direly interested once Asik comes available in the market. They can offer Ryan Anderson who would be a much better companion to Dwight than to Unibrow, so a Anderson-Asis swap would probably do good to both teams, imho.

Tyreke Evans

Evans was the #1 option while he was playing in Sacramento, or at least #2 if you argue Cousins is better, but he’s been struggling to get the regular highlight in New Orleans, facing the competition on their backcourt amongst Eric Gordon and Jrue Holiday who’re also top-class guards, and several solid role players as well. Meanwhile, many teams are seeking to strengthen their backcourts with quality ball-handlers, and Evans might probably be the best option for those teams if you fact in compatibility and price. Just prepare a package of solid defensive bigs and the Pelicans will give you the green light to sign Tyreke.

Danny Green

Despite his premature ejaculation in the 2013 finals, his value was grossly inflated by his sublime 3pt-shooting performances in the several series prior, as well as two or three games in the Miami series, so it’s probably best for the spurs to trade him away while his value is still good. On today’s Spurs squad, even Patty Mills and Marco Beli are getting minutes before Danny, but fortunately there must still be some managers who haven’t yet realized what a scrub he is. Green’s defense, apart from his 3pt shooting, was also an important element that earned him a starting spot in the Spurs’ lineups, but now even that defense is gone. The spurs may package him with Bonner (to build up the salary) and trade them for a solid backup for Duncan/Diaw/Splitter. Baynes has the potential to be a solid role player like the prime Rasho, but it’s obviously he still has quite a lot to learn imho.

spurraider21
11-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Green's contract is too cheap to trade him.

Raven
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM
none is taking pau's contract while trading anything of worth tbh.. considering the lakers want to target free agents, it's safe to say pau is not going anywhere.

OKC
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Kendrick Perkins. Like I said, Adams is twice the player Perk is and the guy is barely 20. OKC needs to get out of his contract. Adams with 17-10-3 last night and just looks freaking superb.

spurraider21
11-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Kendrick Perkins. Like I said, Adams is twice the player Perk is and the guy is barely 20. OKC needs to get out of his contract. Adams with 17-10-3 last night and just looks freaking superb.
who would take him?

Stabula
11-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Green and Gasol aren't going anywhere

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Either Bledsoe or Dragic

rayjayjohnson
11-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Hopefully all of Denver's roster except Ty and Gallo

Xylus
11-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Either Bledsoe or Dragic

Why in the fuck would we trade Bledsoe. And Dragic ain't going anywhere.

JMarkJohns
11-09-2013, 10:12 PM
No on Bledsoe, maybe on Dragic, and definitely on either Gerald Green or Morrii, hoping all three.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-09-2013, 10:16 PM
You guys need a legitimate SG to be good and the front office knows this. Neither will want to come off the bench. Makes me think Dragic goes bye bye.

I would love to get the Morris' though... or PJ.

Brazil
11-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Green is going nowhere tbh

Mal
11-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Spurs wont make any move, other than signing waived/amnestied vet.

Rogue
11-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I humbly assume that the Spurs will make a minor move to strengthen their paint, something like the Barry-Thomas swap they did a few years back. Baynes has the potential to be developed into a solid role player but it seems to me that he still has a lot to learn imho. Dude couldn't even guard Jermaine the other night, which was bad enough considering what a scrub Jermain has been at the offensive end.

AchillesHeel
11-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Rondo will most likely be traded at the deadline, I can't imagine that he'd stick around during the rebuilding process while in his prime, tbh.

SpursIndonesia
11-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Jeremy Lin will be traded too, Harden & Howard can't stand him as a teammate, he's just too yellow for their taste.

Biernutz
11-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Green will stay but Nando ...........

JMarkJohns
11-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm pulling a Presti a voiding a trade on Markieff. I don't know if it's the magic of having both sets of twins, but he and Plumlee are playing great, and 'kieff is just imposing his will last few games.

Marcus is far more limited, but if keeping him means Markieff puts up 20-8, then I'll keep him too.

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 10:13 PM
none is taking pau's contract while trading anything of worth tbh.. considering the lakers want to target free agents, it's safe to say pau is not going anywhere.
Disagree. His contract is expiring. It is a very valuable trade chip.

Rogue
11-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Jeremy Lin will be traded too, Harden & Howard can't stand him as a teammate, he's just too yellow for their taste.
too bad no team would want his contract which will cost his team 14m next season, and he's too yellow to be traded away from Houston imho. Mad chink immigrants would burn up the city and turn it in total red if their little hero Rin was dealt outta town, tbh.

SpursIndonesia
11-11-2013, 06:46 AM
too bad no team would want his contract which will cost his team 14m next season, and he's too yellow to be traded away from Houston imho. Mad chink immigrants would burn up the city and turn it in total red if their little hero Rin was dealt outta town, tbh.

Lin for Villanueva sounds decent to me, garbage for garbage, but both teams will get better return out of their salary money with this kinda trade.

Mel_13
11-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Why in the fuck would we trade Bledsoe.

Well if history is a guide:

1. Team refuses to meet player's price when he is eligible for an extension to his rookie contract.

2. Player goes on to increase his value by his play in his 4th season.

3. Team executes a sign and trade rather than match the rich offer sheet player gets from another team.

Xylus
11-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Well if history is a guide:

1. Team refuses to meet player's price when he is eligible for an extension to his rookie contract.

2. Player goes on to increase his value by his play in his 4th season.

3. Team executes a sign and trade rather than match the rich offer sheet player gets from another team.

If that did happen, it would be in the offseason, which isn't what this topic is addressing, I don't think.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, though. Suns gotta pay the man.

Mel_13
11-11-2013, 08:58 AM
If that did happen, it would be in the offseason, which isn't what this topic is addressing, I don't think.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, though. Suns gotta pay the man.

True about the timing. I agree that it's highly unlikely that Bledsoe is moved before the deadline.

Xylus
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM
You're right that it's possible the Suns will S&T him after the season's over, but if Bledsoe continues to be the on-court captain of this team, I'd see it as a major blow for our future if the Suns got rid of him after this season.

JMarkJohns
11-11-2013, 11:42 AM
If Bledsoe remains healthy, with his age, inexperience, and considering how good he is already, and how much talent he will have surrounding him shortly, there's no fucking way Bledsoe is traded.

da_suns_fan
11-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Brooklyn might bail on KG or Perkins if they continue to suck. Both are in the last years of their deals.

Gasol could get traded, but you'd have to find a team with 20 million worth of payroll to send back that the Lakers would want. Do the Lakers really want Amare?

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Spurs didn't trade Blair while his value was high. They aren't in the habit of doing that. They get utilization from players, not trade value. They develop players, they don't often trade up for better ones. Though there are plenty better players in the league than Green, not many would fit with the Spurs system, and Green's transition defense against James is worth his contract. You can teach offense, but defense is effort and ability and Green has that. You cannot get that out of players who think they will be traded as soon as they have a good showing.

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Brooklyn might bail on KG or Perkins if they continue to suck. Both are in the last years of their deals.

Gasol could get traded, but you'd have to find a team with 20 million worth of payroll to send back that the Lakers would want. Do the Lakers really want Amare?

Gasol is stuck in LA. No one wants his contract and at the same time they want LA to be a bottom feeder. LA has a huge TV contract, and other teams are feasting on it because of shared revenue. That won't change because of Pau Gasol. If it were threatened however, if there was a "win percentage" clause, you'd likely see other teams give up talent to LA just to keep the cash inflow, because that's the target for most franchises; ahead of winning, ahead of their own ticket sales... money from things they don't pay to support.

I could see Amare in Houston with Howard. I cannot imagine him in LA.

da_suns_fan
11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Gasol is stuck in LA. No one wants his contract and at the same time they want LA to be a bottom feeder. LA has a huge TV contract, and other teams are feasting on it because of shared revenue. That won't change because of Pau Gasol. If it were threatened however, if there was a "win percentage" clause, you'd likely see other teams give up talent to LA just to keep the cash inflow, because that's the target for most franchises; ahead of winning, ahead of their own ticket sales... money from things they don't pay to support.

I could see Amare in Houston with Howard. I cannot imagine him in LA.

But Houston would have to send back 20+ million in contracts which they really dont have.

Holden_Caulfield
11-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Aaron Aflalo stat padding to raise his trade stock tbh.
Evan Turner
Rudy Gay

JMarkJohns
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Amare is dead weight.

Gasol actually holds value, but I don't see it either.

Both contracts are too big.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
But Houston would have to send back 20+ million in contracts which they really dont have.

It's amazing what a team will do to appear to be competitive. NY and 2012 LA, for example.