PDA

View Full Version : If Duncan has another bad game tommorow? Is it time for concern?

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2013, 12:59 AM
The world knows the Knicks have little to no defense, especially now that Chandler is gone 4-6 weeks. Timmy hasn't looked so good this season, and I haven't really thought of it as a permanent thing. This game SHOULD let me know how well he's doing. But, if Tim has another terrible game tomorrow against the Knicks, then is it time to get worried?

What do you guys think?

ElNono
11-10-2013, 01:01 AM
It's game number 7 in the season... plus it's game 4 in 6 days... no, it's no time for concern, tbh... the schedule also hasn't been good for our oldies...

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2013, 01:08 AM
It's game number 7 in the season... plus it's game 4 in 6 days... no, it's no time for concern, tbh... the schedule also hasn't been good for our oldies...

That's what I've had my mind every time he struggles. Hopefully he changes his play soon, it'll boost the role players' confidence of having another chance at number 5

freetiago
11-10-2013, 01:09 AM
if you take out the Memphis game then his stats are pretty good still
hes just taking and missing to many mid range shots right now

17/6/5/2 on 48% from the field and 89% from free throw line
his rebounding is the only thing thats concerning right now
Splitter should never be the leading rebounder of any nba team

ElNono
11-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Plus Pop is experimenting with lineups and the new additions, which doesn't always work that great to get the other players in their usual rhythms and spots... it's pretty surprising we're 5-1 right now, IMO.

Skull-1
11-10-2013, 01:18 AM
The world knows the Knicks have little to no defense, especially now that Chandler is gone 4-6 weeks. Timmy hasn't looked so good this season, and I haven't really thought of it as a permanent thing. This game SHOULD let me know how well he's doing. But, if Tim has another terrible game tomorrow against the Knicks, then is it time to get worried?

What do you guys think? Not yet, but we should hand out the rifles. We can always secure from "Repel Boarders" later if we are wrong.....

hater
11-10-2013, 01:18 AM
the time for concern was at the end of regulation in game 6 of the Finals. We lose that OT and it's the end of the Duncan era.

it already happened. Now it's just enjoying Timmy's last 2 years in the league. All reason for concern has been abolished after that game 6.

Skull-1
11-10-2013, 01:20 AM
the time for concern was at the end of regulation in game 6 of the Finals. We lose that OT and it's the end of the Duncan era.

it already happened. Now it's just enjoying Timmy's last 2 years in the league. All reason for concern has been abolished after that game 6.This. Last year was a miracle. It won't happen again. Especially with a divorce and broken family..... Thanks to Manu and the idiot with the pink tights.

hyhy
11-10-2013, 01:22 AM
He has to pop to the free throw line after all the parker PnR for a safety option mainly for parker.
Also, rolling in and banging with the bodies at the start of the regular season does not sound good for him anyway.
My only thing about him now is that teams are playing ICE, and giving him SO much space that he could just pop to the free throw line instead of even further out and still be super open for the shot, and yet he always pop to places that is out of his range.
His arc on his shot is also very inconsistent.
Then again, this may be just his new shot that he is getting used to taking in games and with enough practice, may be able to hit it at a high enough rate that teams will be punished for playing ICE on the PnRs instead.

Arnold Toht
11-10-2013, 01:22 AM
It's the regular season, you dumb spic bastards.

Mikeanaro
11-10-2013, 03:31 AM
I dont see him falling apart, Im worried about Manu, his horrible passes can ruin the team, funny thing is as Jason Kidd was getting older he changed a little his game to make good 3s, Manu is changing to the worst he cant even make layups or freethrows

Ice009
11-10-2013, 03:36 AM
The only concern is an idiot like you that keeps starting threads.

If you were a Spurs fan or Tim Duncan fan from day 1, you'd have a pretty good idea about how Tim Duncan plays at the start of most seasons.

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2013, 03:47 AM
The only concern is an idiot like you that keeps starting threads.

If you were a Spurs fan or Tim Duncan fan from day 1, you'd have a pretty good idea about how Tim Duncan plays at the start of most seasons.

Listen you bum, I ain't concerned, I know he'll pick it up. Try reading before you comment scrub. I just want to know if people are concerned

Juggity
11-10-2013, 03:50 AM
Tim's played well enough so far. The issue is his midrange game right now. Once that 19 foot shot from the top of the key starts falling, his offense will be back where it was before.

Robz4000
11-10-2013, 04:35 AM
:lol This is stretching it, even for you...

Duncan's been fine this season tbh. He hasn't been scoring, but he's been creating at a high level and playing elite D (sans the Dubs game).

FuzzyLumpkins
11-10-2013, 05:26 AM
His jumpshot has been going down at a good percentage. His move across the lane from the left block is getting him close to the rim instead of riding him over to the logo. His drop step and right handed hook is still money. He seems over reliant on his right hand but that is nothing unusual with him. He is running well.

As EN pointed out, Pop is trying out new lineups but moreso he his trying new offensive playcalls and gameplans to include more Leonard and integrate Belinelli.

Your ability to look beyond a box scores is right up their with your writing ability and name dropping. Do you even watch the games or do you just look at box scores and think of simpleminded thread topics?

exstatic
11-10-2013, 08:04 AM
I think the real question is, if Duncan has another bad game, will TGY abandon him and shit all over him the way he does with Manu?

If TGY were a Heat fan, he'd have been one of the ones leaving the AA center when things were looking dire. Time to cut and run!

UZER
11-10-2013, 08:26 AM
The game starts at 11am. He will have a bad game.

xmas1997
11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
That's what I've had my mind every time he struggles. Hopefully he changes his play soon, it'll boost the role players' confidence of having another chance at number 5

Next you and your hate brigade will be bashing Timmy along with Manu.
And you'll be predicting the final decline of the Spurs.
Go ahead and start now, why wait?
Your credibility is squat anyway so it won't hurt. The rest of your e-gang is headed still spiraling downward. :lol

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 01:14 PM
TGY with another shatty thread per par.........

Skull-1
11-10-2013, 01:28 PM
TGY with another shatty thread per par.........

Playnandouche with another sh--ty (and unoriginal) post, per par....

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Playnandouche with another sh--ty (and unoriginal) post, per par....
Oh, look, Skull-1 can't be original and twists my words again, per par. And he uses that same, stupid original nickname "Playnandouche". :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Skull-1 incapable of having an intelligence conversation per par.

Skull-1
11-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Oh, look, Skull-1 can't be original and twists my words again, per par. And he uses that same, stupid original nickname "Playnandouche". :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Skull-1 incapable of having an intelligence conversation per par.

The word is "intelligent" you stupid arse--unless we are discussing the CIA.

Playnandouche: So obsessed with Skull he replies twice. :rollin

TXstbobcat
11-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Duncan has played okay so far this season. Spurs are 6 - 1. Enjoy it.

racm
11-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Timmy usually puts up quiet stat lines when the rest of the team is doing great. Green was on FIRE, Kawhi played well off the bench (!!) and Tony was Tony, so there was no need for him to play like an MVP.

hyhy
11-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Getting outplayed by alot of bigs so far, bailed out by superstar foul calls. Hopefully he is just coasting. Diaw seems to have a much easier time posting up and banging in than him.

Defensive wise, still a beast against driving guards.

benefactor
11-11-2013, 08:26 AM
No, Scott...it's not.

xmas1997
11-11-2013, 08:51 AM
He hasn't been his super aggressive self since he was elbowed in the upper chest, tbh.

Baam
11-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Getting outplayed by alot of bigs so far, bailed out by superstar foul calls. Hopefully he is just coasting. Diaw seems to have a much easier time posting up and banging in than him.

Defensive wise, still a beast against driving guards.

Also very TO prone... Feels like trading for a big might become the priority if Ayres is really the 4th big in Pops mind and Duncan doesn't start looking better...

Biernutz
11-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Tim must be washed up now, suppose we could trade him for Andrew Bynum or Greg Odom.
I hear the wouldn't ask too much to take over the hill Tim.

Baam
11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Tim must be washed up now, suppose we could trade him for Andrew Bynum or Greg Odom.
I hear the wouldn't ask too much to take over the hill Tim.

No one is talking about trading him, but if he's not as good as last year the Spurs need a better 4th big than Ayres the scrub...

Biernutz
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
No one is talking about trading him, but if he's not as good as last year the Spurs need a better 4th big than Ayres the scrub...

You can make that assessment in less than 8 games into the season!

exstatic
11-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Duncan did nothing at all tonight.

benefactor
11-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Duncan did nothing at all tonight.
Great concern is needed!

Juggity
11-11-2013, 09:24 PM
>Spurs start the season 7-1
>"time to trade for another big!"

racm
11-11-2013, 09:27 PM
>Spurs start the season 7-1
>"time to trade for another big!"

:lol

DMC
11-11-2013, 09:34 PM

What do you guys think?
D League for sure.

BatManu20
11-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Trade Timmy straight up for Kevin Love or Anthony Davis tbh.

xmas1997
11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Alas, the sky is falling. Time to tank.

Gagnrath
11-11-2013, 11:24 PM
There is also simply the possibility that its a combination of starting slow and not really wanting to fight inside with a giant brruise on his chest in games that son't mean much. Yes it was a week ago people tend to heal more slowly as they age.

gee
11-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Timmy and diaw for shumpert

Blake
11-12-2013, 04:30 PM
This game SHOULD let me know how well he's doing. But, if Tim has another terrible game tomorrow against the Knicks, then is it time to get worried?

Listen you bum, I ain't concerned, I know he'll pick it up. Try reading before you comment scrub. I just want to know if people are concerned

You put yourself in the question "Is it time [for me] to get worried?

You're an idiot.

look_at_g_shred
11-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Quality thread.

hater
11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
No one is talking about trading him, but if he's not as good as last year

if he's not as good as last year then we're done. there is nothing in the world that will save the Spurs season.

why even worry about it.

Monkeyboy14
11-13-2013, 04:13 PM
coasting, think timmy give a shit about november games when he was 28 seconds away from a chip?? He is probably itching to start the playoffs already

mclinejr
11-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Shame on all of you.

PlayNando
11-13-2013, 08:31 PM
The word is "intelligent" you stupid arse--unless we are discussing the CIA.

Playnandouche: So obsessed with Skull he replies twice. :rollin

Skull-1, that's a cute nickname, scrub.

bklynspursfan
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Shot is still not there, but it's nothing to be concerned about cause he's still a stud defensively and on the boards. Just on a cold streak now. He'll get his shot going, still very early

Sean Cagney
11-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Shot is still not there, but it's nothing to be concerned about cause he's still a stud defensively and on the boards. Just on a cold streak now. He'll get his shot going, still very early

GOOD GOD I hope so... He looks horrible so far. His rebounding is down too.

cd021
11-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm kind of worried now. I watched the GSW game and he looked lost in the 4th quarter. He looks completely out of it against the Wizards 1-12 and besides the boards has been outplayed by Splitter and Diaw. To be fair he hasn't played very much. In 9 games he's missed 2 games and has played 25 mpg in 3 others.

TrainOfThought5
11-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Timmy and diaw for shumpert

8/10

PlayNando
11-13-2013, 10:27 PM
He is 37 years old......... We can't expect him to play like an All-Star forever. Father Time will eventually catch up, whether its this year or in the next couple years. :(

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-13-2013, 10:33 PM
He'll be fine.

It is a noticeable regression though. Crazy what can change in a couple of months.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-13-2013, 10:40 PM
He looks fine physically, it's really just about rhythm with him imho.

spurraider21
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
:lol i doubt his game has fallen off this dramatically over the course of a few months. he's going through a rough stretch and is still playing well defensively, which to me is a better indication of age catching up to you. 8 boards and 2 blocks in 25 minutes tells me he's just fine athletically.

bklynspursfan
11-13-2013, 10:44 PM
GOOD GOD I hope so... He looks horrible so far. His rebounding is down too.

Yea, but part of that (I think) is Pop getting on other guys to crash the boards too. That + the fact TD hasn't had to play a lot of minutes due to some of these games being blowouts. Tonight, he looked good he had like 8 boards thru 2 quarters and change. That shot is just not falling for him. Against Denver he shot a respectable 7-15 and had 8 boards 8 assts and 4 blocks, so at least we saw he can still be effective when he has it going.

BTW, I could just be in denial about not being concerned about him (considering the mileage, age, etc...), I am fully aware of that lol. I just think it's rust at this point though.

HI-FI
11-13-2013, 10:45 PM
he'll be fine. Duncan will bring some goods in the playoffs.

TheGoldStandard
11-13-2013, 10:46 PM
His shot is just off and there could be multiple reasons for that but it's just shooting not like he lost a step because he didn't have a step to lose, he has good footwork and is smart. The shot will come back.

TheGreatYacht
11-13-2013, 10:57 PM
His defense looks :tu:tu:tu , and that's what's more important. He knows his jumpers aren't going in, and he's cut them down a bit. He just needs a little bit of time with Chip...

PlayNando
11-13-2013, 11:04 PM
His defense looks :tu:tu:tu , and that's what's more important. He knows his jumpers aren't going in, and he's cut them down a bit. He just needs a little bit of time with Chip...
Haha, I don't know. He sure unloaded a ton of jumpers tonight.

Not that it mattered since we prison raped the Washington Murderers. :tu

TheGreatYacht
11-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Haha, I don't know. He sure unloaded a ton of jumpers tonight.

Not that it mattered since we prison raped the Washington Murderers. :tu
Lol Splitter is stepping up as well, go figure :lol

BillMc
11-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Timmy's fine. Jumpers will fall eventually.

Ice009
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Way too early, stop trying to say that he is not looking good, to me, he looks decent on defense, and that is the key. If he's moving OK on defense, then I think there isn't really a problem. I really don't think he gives a shit about these early regular season games right now. It's time for the young guys to step up and show what they can do. Couple that with him being a slow starter in most seasons, then I think he will get it going offensively at some point.

The young guys really need to step up and carry some of the load in the regular season, they really can't expect Tim to do it every game, as it's a long season and we need him ready and fresh for the playoffs, not games at the start of the season.

dbestpro
11-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Its groundhog day for Timmy.

marbles1991
11-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Its really clear to me Duncan doesn't give a shit right now playing these scrub teams and is just jacking up jumpers to stay fresh for the real games. He was doing work in the post in the first couple of games, he still has it clearly.

CitizenDwayne
11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
I believe tonight would qualify as a bad game.

DesignatedT
11-14-2013, 12:51 AM
People concerned now are the same people calling him done 3 years ago.

Skull-1
11-14-2013, 12:52 AM
I believe tonight would qualify as a bad game.

Loved the Manu-like pass after the rebound for a turnover. Ginobili rubbing off the wrong way on Duncan...

Arcadian
11-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Are you guys seriously worried? :lol He's fine. The thing you have to know about Tim Duncan is that he does what is needed for the team to win. As long as we're winning and he's not getting injured (in the regular season), he is happy with that, and we should be too. He's probably not giving 100% effort every game - and that's fucking smart. He's pacing himself. It's what he does. Always has done.

BillMc
11-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Jumpshots not falling. Soon or later they will. Otherwise he looks fine. Not worried here.

gee
11-14-2013, 03:38 AM
Once he stops being pissed about playing shittily and just accepts it, that's when it's time for concern.

bklynspursfan
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
I have a feeling he has a nice bounce back game Friday.

look_at_g_shred
11-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Tim is ready for the p/o's to start. No need to exude much energy when were winning ball games without him significantly contributing on Offense. His defense is still stout and thats all we need right now.

Baam
11-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Last year he had an awesome start and was carrying the team early in the season, this year when he was supposed to be in even better shape he's scrubing so far...

I understand better why Buford overpaid for Splitter the way he's looking right now. I for one am extremely worried...