PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Is Paul George legit?

RsxPiimp
11-10-2013, 12:55 PM
I already have an opinion about PG who i love to death, but i wanna hear yours. do you see this guy becoming a superstar that can lead a team to multiple titles?

throughout his career, he's been a pretty solid rebounder and decent scorer, ok defender but nothing to write home about. this year, so far, his PPG averaged has increased and his shooting percentage has improved.

can he become that player that will compete with lebron in the next few years? or is all this a facade playing under a great system? (24 ppg, 26.0 PER etc)

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
dunno about titles, but his taking the next step this season

probably as good as young tmac or young kobe b4 the rape case

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 12:58 PM
:lol George is an OK defender, nothing to write home about?..

RsxPiimp
11-10-2013, 12:59 PM
dunno about titles, but his taking the next step this season

probably as good as young tmac or young kobe b4 the rape case

Interesting. I don't think he's in the same league offensively as Mac or Kobe but then again he's young and has athleticism similar to those so I see your point. He also appears to have a pretty good work ethic, something Tmac never had.

Not sold on his shooting though, Kobe or Tmac always had pretty good jumpers in their 4th season.

Koolaid_Man
11-10-2013, 01:00 PM

:lmao new york heat fan shittin bricks

RsxPiimp
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM

He's Ok, 2nd Team all defense good.

Keep in mind, we're talking about Superstar level type of defensive impact. They're pretty much scoped under a different microscope. Kobe, Wade, Lebron heck even Pierce were all pretty great defenders at some point of their careers.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Interesting. I don't think he's in the same league offensively as Mac or Kobe but then again he's young and has athleticism similar to those so I see your point. He also appears to have a pretty good work ethic, something Tmac never had.

Not sold on his shooting though, Kobe or Tmac always had pretty good jumpers in their 4th season.

only shot selection is his problem, if he can limit the chucking continuous possessions

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 01:07 PM
currently top10 player imo

whether his top3-5 depends on interpretation

ElNono
11-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I've always thought he was vastly overrated, tbh... but he's been playing much better the last two seasons... he still need that legitimization that comes with reaching a Finals or even winning one...

RsxPiimp
11-10-2013, 01:21 PM
only shot selection is his problem, if he can limit the chucking continuous possessions

and ball handling, george needs a lot on work on that, mcgrady and kobe were amazing ball handlers.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 01:22 PM
He's Ok, 2nd Team all defense good.

Keep in mind, we're talking about Superstar level type of defensive impact. They're pretty much scoped under a different microscope. Kobe, Wade, Lebron heck even Pierce were all pretty great defenders at some point of their careers.

Statistically and using virtually any tool to analyze, George is a more valuable defender than any version of those players other than Heat Lebron and maybe 1999-2000 Kobe, tbh..

All those guys are levels above George as offensive players, though..

StrengthAndHonor
11-10-2013, 01:37 PM
While I do believe George is an excellent all around player, he's severely overrated nowadays. With Indiana's strong early season run, George is being placed on a pedestal as the next big thing when clearly he's not. Not yet ready IMO at least.

When Granger comes back, expect his numbers to drop and when teams starts designing plays to contain him, then expect him to struggle. I see George as an All Star for many years to come, but a player that can lead his team to championships, he's not. He's no Paul Pierce, can never reach Kobe or Wade level, and obviously will never be in the same league as Lebron or even Durant for that matter. That offensive game of his has way too many flaws. Infinitely better than Harden though, fwiw.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 01:43 PM
While I do believe George is an excellent all around player, he's severely overrated nowadays. With Indiana's strong early season run, George is being placed on a pedestal as the next big thing when clearly he's not. Not yet ready IMO at least.

When Granger comes back, expect his numbers to drop and when teams starts designing plays to contain him, then expect him to struggle. I see George as an All Star for many years to come, but a player that can lead his team to championships, he's not. He's no Paul Pierce, can never reach Kobe or Wade level, and obviously will never be in the same league as Lebron or even Durant for that matter. That offensive game of his has way too many flaws. Infinitely better than Harden though, fwiw.

granger has no impact since last season

StrengthAndHonor
11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
I know this is such a cliche but he can be a Scottie Pippen type of player. He can help his team win 50,60 games but come playoff time where great players are truly measured, he'll fall short of expectations.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I know this is such a cliche but he can be a Scottie Pippen type of player. He can help his team win 50,60 games but come playoff time where great players are truly measured, he'll fall short of expectations.

wouldnt that apply to rest of the league?

StrengthAndHonor
11-10-2013, 01:56 PM
granger has no impact since last season

Never said he did.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Never said he did.

him coming back wont impact PG production

SpurSwag
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM
thread lost all credibility when you said he was an ok defender and nothing to write home about...

but in reference to the question being asked, i'm actually not sure. I think he's definitely legit as a star, but I think his start has been kind of fluky. I don't think he's ready to carry a team to a title, and because of that I don't think Indiana will win it all this year without hibbert dominating.

Brazil
11-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Too bad we traded this guy tbh :depressed

romsey31
11-10-2013, 04:55 PM

Paul george is 23 yrs old.. the fact that we are even discussing this means its happening. Pg is averaging superstar numbers while playing suffocating defense on the other end. Barring injuries pg will only get better. He has the potential to be top 3in the league, while his offense may never be on durant or kobes level his defense is already better, which may make the argument for him being top 3.

The start of this season is no fluke. Teams watched the playoffs and defenses were geared to stop him. Having Granger back will as pg said only help him by spacing the floor more for him to operate. PG is for real. Take a read. This is a recently posted espn article

George MVP?Make no mistake about it, Hibbert has competition for the defensive hardware -- and he won't need to look far to find company. After receiving a max extension in the offseason, George certainly hasn't lost interest on that side of the floor. He remains a two-way beast on the wing with an overall game that perhaps only LeBron James can match. At just 22 years old, George was the youngest player voted in the top 10 of the Defensive Player of the Year vote last season. (He finished eighth, two spots ahead of Hibbert.)LeBron James and Paul GeorgeBrian Spurlock/USA TODAY SportsPaul George is emerging as LeBron James' one true rival in the East.George appears to be just getting started. Using his length to lock down the opposing perimeter scorer, George has been the perfect first line of defense in front of Hibbert's safety net. Consider this: When Hibbert and George have played together so far this season, opponents have scored just 75.1 points per 100 possessions in 141 minutes -- the lowest rate for any duo in the league, according to NBA.com data. That output is probably around what we'd expect if a team sneaked a sixth player on the defensive end.Of course, the Pacers' defensive numbers should regress to the mean a bit. After all, five games does not a season make. The question is whether we can say the same about George's explosive start on offense. George has basically morphed into Kevin Durant there, blending efficiency with high-volume shooting from just about everywhere. Most impressive is that he's shooting 44 percent on 7.2 attempts per game from deep, helping to boost his true shooting percentage to a scorching 62.6 percent.But is it sustainable? When George absorbed the primary scoring responsibilities with Danny Granger out last season, he consequently watched his true shooting percentage tumble from 55.5 percent in 2011-12 to 53.1 percent in 2012-13. And that follows what we know about the usage-efficiency trade-off effect. But this season, George is defying the general laws of the game; George has managed to raise his efficiency level while also watching his usage rate soar to a career-high 29.2 percent. That's tough to do.Although it's certainly possible that George's improved jumper isn't a mirage, the smart money is that George will descend back to Earth at some point as the season progresses. On a per-game basis, he's now averaging 25.8 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.0 assists along with a 27.2 PER. That's enough to get tossed into the MVP discussion and further legitimize his standing as James' true rival in the East.

Calispursfan11
11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
No but he can jump.

Holden_Caulfield
11-10-2013, 05:36 PM
ordering my paul george swingman jersey tbh

Calispursfan11
11-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Top 3 player, really? Give the season a few more weeks b4 jizzing that conclusion.

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 06:49 PM
I've always thought he was vastly overrated, tbh... but he's been playing much better the last two seasons... he still need that legitimization that comes with reaching a Finals or even winning one...
-15 points son. IIRC, you said Leonard was on his level. PG is getting it done as a 1st option. Leonard is a beta 3rd option at best. Now :downspin: this shit if you dare. :lol

ElNono
11-10-2013, 06:53 PM
-15 points son. IIRC, you said Leonard was on his level. PG is getting it done as a 1st option. Leonard is a beta 3rd option at best. :downspin: this shit. :lol

Both him and Leonard could go and average 30pts per game on a shitty team. Not taking anything away from George, but he's on a good team, like Leonard is too.

Plus outside of TP, the Spurs really don't have a pecking order as far as 'options'. It's a highly choreographed offense, where the guy with the open shot takes it.

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Both him and Leonard could go and average 30pts per game on a shitty team. Not taking anything away from George, but he's on a good team, like Leonard is too.

Plus outside of TP, the Spurs really don't have a pecking order as far as 'options'. It's a highly choreographed offense, where the guy with the open shot takes it.
Good :downspin: son. :tu.

RD2191
11-10-2013, 06:57 PM
:tu

romsey31
11-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Pg is averaging 25 on a great team.. leonard not so much. Leonard is nowhere close to pg talent. Take off your rose coloured shades bro. Its clouding your judgement.

RD2191
11-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Pg is averaging 25 on a great team.. leonard not so much. Leonard is nowhere close to pg talent. Take off your rose coloured shades bro. Its clouding your judgement.
you're a dumbass, kawhi could easily average 25 if he was the 2nd option on his team, he takes shots behind tony, tim, green, and even manu sometimes. kawhi is also a better defender than paul. and lol @ pg garbage fg%

RD2191
11-10-2013, 07:39 PM
kawhi had 18 points in 23 minutes today

ElNono
11-10-2013, 07:50 PM

We don't run our offense through Leonard, tbh... I don't think it's a 'homer' take at all. He's averaging 12ppg by just taking opportunity shots and fastbreak baskets.

I do think PG has better handles than Leonard and is further along in development (he has one more year in the league). Leonard, IMO, is the better lockdown defender.

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 08:37 PM
you're a dumbass, kawhi could easily average 25 if he was the 2nd option on his team, he takes shots behind tony, tim, green, and even manu sometimes. kawhi is also a better defender than paul. and lol @ pg garbage fg%
Whoa Kemosabe. Pump the homerific brakes son. Leonard doesn't get his points as a #1 option. He eats 3rd at best. Given how young he is, does it not disturb you that he hasn't yearned to be a bigger part of the offense? He is your best athlete - he should demand a bigger piece of the pie. Shaq/Kobe. Shaq was the man bar none. 21-year old Kobe improved his game every year. It got to the point whereas he wasn't willing to go with the status quo. He wanted it. He fought Shaq and PJ for it tooth and nail. The results? 3-peat. Then he evicted Shaq when he saw Shaq didn't continue to show the same commitment to excellence. For good measure, he went on to lead us to 3 more Finals and b2b chips. I just don't see that hunger in Leonard that the all-time greats have. Even with those air balls he launched as a rookie, you knew he had it, and eventually would lead us to rings. I just don't see that in Leonard.

Simply put, if teams game planned to stop Leonard as a #1 option - like they do for PG on a nightly basis - he'd likely see a major dip in his production and efficiency as a player. Then this silly comparison endsPERIOD. PG >>>> Leonard and it ain't even close.

RD2191
11-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Whoa Kemosabe. Pump the homerific brakes son. Leonard doesn't get his points as a #1 option. He eats 3rd at best. Given how young he is, does it not disturb you that he hasn't yearned to be a bigger part of the offense? He is your best athlete - he should demand a bigger piece of the pie. Shaq/Kobe. Shaq was the man bar none. 21-year old Kobe improved his game every year. It got to the point whereas he wasn't willing to go with the status quo. He wanted it. He fought Shaq and PJ for it tooth and nail. The results? 3-peat. Then he evicted Shaq when he saw Shaq didn't continue to show the same commitment to excellence. For good measure, he went on to lead us to 3 more Finals and b2b chips. I just don't see that hunger in Leonard that the all-time greats have. Even with those air balls he launched as a rookie, you knew he had it, and eventually would lead us to rings. I just don't see that in Leonard.

Simply put, if teams game planned to stop Leonard as a #1 option - like they do for PG on a nightly basis - he'd likely see a major dip in his production and efficiency as a player. Then this silly comparison endsPERIOD. PG >>>> Leonard and it ain't even close.
You lost all credibility at Kobe.

RD2191
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
And who says he doesn't want more responsibility? What you're saying is that he should be a ballhog like Kobe and start chucking up shots, Kawhi is better than that. He isn't some douche who is worried about his personal stats. Seriously lakerfan, you're all wrong.

Juggity
11-10-2013, 08:49 PM

Holy homerific revisionist history batman

RD2191
11-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Seriously, I don't know shit about basketball but that had to be one of the worst takes of all time. How the fuck is that guy bolded?:lol

ElNono
11-10-2013, 08:53 PM
lmao at the revisionist history... Shaq was the 3 peat commanding the attention nobody else did... when Kirby thought he was too cool for school, he ran Shaq out of town and proceeded to post a losing record, including missing the playoffs, in his prime until he could get another big to coattail on... In other words, no, you don't want leonard to be another narcissist that thinks he's better than he really is :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2013, 08:57 PM
PG has g ood swagger, at least they are not comparing him or anointing him to be the next jordan or rapist from LA....

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 09:13 PM
lmao at the revisionist history... Shaq was the 3 peat commanding the attention nobody else did... when Kirby thought he was too cool for school, he ran Shaq out of town and proceeded to post a losing record, including missing the playoffs, in his prime until he could get another big to coattail on... In other words, no, you don't want leonard to be another narcissist that thinks he's better than he really is :lol
I knew my post would cause some butthurt. My bad son. :downspin:

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 09:14 PM
You lost all credibility at Kobe.
Truth hurts? Greatness is greedy.

ElNono
11-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I knew my post would cause some butthurt. My bad son. :downspin:

:lol no, it was just a terrible :downspin: job

racm
11-10-2013, 09:20 PM
PG has g ood swagger, at least they are not comparing him or anointing him to be the next jordan or rapist from LA....

Larry Bird as a mentor >>>>>> MJ as role model

Clipper Nation
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
He wanted it. He fought Shaq and PJ for it tooth and nail. The results? 3-peat. Then he evicted Shaq when he saw Shaq didn't continue to show the same commitment to excellence.

Whoa Kemosabe. Pump the homerific brakes son.
:lol

LkrFan
11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Holy homerific revisionist history batman
Was the bolded incorrect? Was he not a major part of a 3-peat and b2b chips after The Eviction!? :downspin:

Rogue
11-11-2013, 06:24 AM
he's a legit superstar but even the standard of a superstar may vary considerably imho. The prime Rashard Lewis was a legit superstar too, hope PG won't end up following that way.

hyhy
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Not sold on his dribbling and jumpshots. His offensive decision making is not there yet too, did several mistakes in the games against Miami.

Bynumite
11-11-2013, 09:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTCxcNICYAArJv9.jpg

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:13 PM

"I'm a shell of my former self" - Andrew Bynum

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Kobe was dragged to rings. He cost the Lakers at least 2 other rings, maybe more. He ran Shaq off then Phil. Then the world found out just how much of a role Bryant played in winning rings as he sucked ass for a few seasons prior to The Whining which spawned The Gift which inspired Lakers fan en masse thus The Influx and subsequently The Facade and from there The Coddling. Now they've entered The Sucking and Lakers fan has commenced The Reminiscing followed by The Revision.

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Kobe was dragged to rings. He cost the Lakers at least 2 other rings, maybe more. He ran Shaq off then Phil. Then the world found out just how much of a role Bryant played in winning rings as he sucked ass for a few seasons prior to The Whining which spawned The Gift which inspired Lakers fan en masse thus The Influx and subsequently The Facade and from there The Coddling. Now they've entered The Sucking and Lakers fan has commenced The Reminiscing followed by The Revision.
16 hours later... My post still stings det BNSF ass. :lol

:downspin:

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
16 hours later... My post still stings det BNSF ass. :lol

:downspin:

Translation: I got my shit pushed in repeatedly so I'll pretend I won.

I didn't even read your post.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Why so salty today? You got a good team, with good health and a great coach. You get to enjoy Tim for at least another season ... need a hug? alll this bile for a player who has as much bearing on the NBA as you or I right now ...

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Translation: I got my shit pushed in repeatedly so I'll pretend I won.

I didn't even read your post.
You're a liar. Sad because it's not necessary. :lol

LkrFan
11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Why so salty today? You got a good team, with good health and a great coach. You get to enjoy Tim for at least another season ... need a hug? alll this bile for a player who has as much bearing on the NBA as you or I right now ...
That's just 6 talking. :lol

DMC
11-11-2013, 04:42 PM
You're a liar. Sad because it's not necessary. :lol

I actually didn't read the post. I rarely do.

DMC
11-11-2013, 04:43 PM

That stinging you feel, that's your pride fucking with you.

romsey31
11-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Lol... this is a spurs board.. and only on this board would an argument like this exist. I will not entertain your blasphemy. When and if kawi ever averages 25 8 and 4 we will talk, until then. Get A Grip!

spurraider21
11-11-2013, 04:55 PM
anybody who actually thinks that Kawhi is better than Paul George right now needs to be locked up imo

RsxPiimp
11-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I like Kawhi, but he's a third option player at best on a championship team. PG has that potential to actually become a first option player but even that's a reach IMO.

SpursBills
11-11-2013, 07:43 PM
difference between Paul George and Kawhi Leonard is the difference between 1st/2nd team all-nba and all-star caliber player. Kawhi will probably never be able to carry a team offensively the way PG is capable of doing. Exploding for 30 now and then is different from putting up 25 night in and night out, which is something PG currently seems to be able to do. Even if he were the first option, no way Kawhi can do that this year, or probably ever.

Bynumite
11-12-2013, 04:08 AM
"I'm a shell of my former self" - Andrew Bynum

You just mad because Jim with healthy knees choked and couldn't make a layup and a tip-in over a significantly smaller defender... it happens.

DMC
11-12-2013, 08:29 AM
You just mad because Jim with healthy knees choked and couldn't make a layup and a tip-in over a significantly smaller defender... it happens.

I didn't name myself after him though.

Bynumite
11-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I didn't name myself after him though.

But both you and Jim display equal levels of faggotry though.

romsey31
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM

You guys completely hijacked the thread

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2013, 10:07 AM
He's the new Rudy Gay. Nothing more. He'll never be a superstar nor will he lead a team to glory.

DMC
11-12-2013, 03:37 PM

Even that doesn't illustrate support for him.

DMC
11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
You guys completely hijacked the thread

Awe a Pacers fan surfaced. Shocking.

ElNono
11-12-2013, 03:41 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/24fcl7a.png

romsey31
11-12-2013, 05:05 PM

I been here clown. Years now. Pull my file

romsey31
11-12-2013, 05:05 PM

DMC
11-12-2013, 05:14 PM

You've been here, you were just dormant like a virus and suddenly because your team is somewhat relevant now, you're baaaaaaaack. lol

Killakobe81
11-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Romsey im gonna tell you right now ...DMC is not one to be trifled with. He was always formidable but I dont know if it was 6 or a bad breakup ... but lately this dude has been chin checking fools daily. Not saying you need to be scared ... but like Heisenberg told Hank ... "tread lightly" ...

LkrFan
11-13-2013, 05:46 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/24fcl7a.png:lol

romsey31
11-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Romsey im gonna tell you right now ...DMC is not one to be trifled with. He was always formidable but I dont know if it was 6 or a bad breakup ... but lately this dude has been chin checking fools daily. Not saying you need to be scared ... but like Heisenberg told Hank ... "tread lightly" ...

So what youre saying is that I should be afraid of the guy sitting behind a pc...typing... cool story bro

romsey31
11-13-2013, 12:23 PM
You've been here, you were just dormant like a virus and suddenly because your team is somewhat relevant now, you're baaaaaaaack. lol

Cool story bro

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Probably is but given his age and incredible athleticism it's possible that he might be one of Shawn Kemp's early ones.

DMC
11-13-2013, 05:27 PM
So what youre saying is that I should be afraid of the guy sitting behind a pc...typing... cool story bro

Yeah he gets carried away a little bit with the role playing online.

RsxPiimp
12-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Well, PG is definitely blowing up. I was trying to be conservative on his potential but it definitely looks like he's a legit early season MVP candidate. There's no holding him back now. I never expected him to improve his offense so much. He's not the same George from last year.

m>s
12-03-2013, 01:32 AM
DMC knows at least 10 different ways to kill you through the PC.

ElNono
03-23-2014, 12:27 AM
up

RsxPiimp
03-23-2014, 07:42 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/ ... aked-pics/

:lol

StrengthAndHonor
03-23-2014, 10:09 AM

Saw it a mile away tbh.

Gummi Clutch
03-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Saw it a mile away tbh.
Yea it was a good post, but the big "wtf?" was saved for the last bit...

Infinitely better than Harden though, fwiw.

:lmao

I don't know if there is anybody stupid enough to take George over Hard-on.

StrengthAndHonor
03-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Yea it was a good post, but the big "wtf?" was saved for the last bit...

I don't know if there is anybody stupid enough to take George over Hard-on.
There are people who preferred, still prefers Harden over George for the simple fact that Harden can close games.

sook
03-23-2014, 02:57 PM
There are people who preferred, still prefers Harden over George for the simple fact that Harden can close games.

Have you been watching Harden lately ( he was off the first two months of the season, so anything since then..)? the dude is playing out of his mind. If you think that its simply about closing games, you are severely mistaken. I made the comparison the other day, Harden's offensive game is on a whole level above George. George's defense is likewise, a whole lot better also. Which is more important in gauging a player though? Do you take a Tony Allen over a Stephen Curry?

The pacers are literally crying for George to take more shots and score as they are so offensively challeneged, and he still struggles to score in the double digits some nights. On the other hand, you have Harden who has periodically been putting up 17+ point quarters for a while now, with high assist numbers when need be (he had 10 points and 9 assists in the first quarter yesterday) and has been scoring at such a pace that he would have 40+ just the last couple of games had he not elected to sit in the 4th. It really isn't even a question at this point about who is the better player, and offensively it would be a joke to compare the two. That doesn't even begin to come close to what other people were doing earlier (you and I are on the same side on this) about how some people compared him to Durant and Lebron.

I like him because he is a good defender, it is also why I criticized Harden pretty harshly earlier, but to say that is a reason for putting him ahead of James is pretty short sighted. Again, the Curry < Tony Allen comparison speaks to its fallacies. Had he had a better offensive game I would concede, but like you said, he doesn't have the skill set and probably never will get to that level.

Gummi Clutch
03-23-2014, 03:07 PM
I think there is a lot more to it than that, Harden's offensive game is far superior to George's. People wouldn't even bring it up if George didn't have that gimmick stretch the first month or two.

Venti Quattro
03-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Paul George shot a staggering 6/22 tonight in a blowout loss to WSH

Gummi Clutch
03-28-2014, 10:12 PM
It's honestly a joke how Paul George is even on the MVP ladder for the NBA. In fact, he recently moved up to the 6th spot, likely because the Pacers beat the Heat yesterday.

He might be the most overrated player in the last decade. He only shot above 40% once in his last 7 games, and that was a 42% shooting performance.

I don't think anyone gets away with playing poorly as much as PG.

RsxPiimp
03-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Well, PG is definitely blowing up. I was trying to be conservative on his potential but it definitely looks like he's a legit early season MVP candidate. There's no holding him back now. I never expected him to improve his offense so much. He's not the same George from last year.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

RsxPiimp
03-28-2014, 11:23 PM
StrengthAndHonor with the mighty goods though :toast

Gummi Clutch
03-28-2014, 11:23 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Its ok. We're all wrong sometimes. Very wrong sometimes.

RsxPiimp
03-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Its ok. We're all wrong sometimes. Very wrong sometimes.

I like this guy.

Gummi Clutch
03-28-2014, 11:25 PM
I like this guy. No homo.
:tu

Venti Quattro
04-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Paul George is Legitimately... a farce.

:lol Impregnating a stripper
:lol Catfished

StrengthAndHonor
04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Paul George is Legitimately... a farce.

:lol Impregnating a stripper
:lol Catfished
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gWbHvfot--/c_fit,fl_progressive,w_636/hitbxc0tx0ndrto3swqt.jpg

Venti Quattro
04-19-2014, 08:28 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao I really guess not

Venti Quattro
05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gWbHvfot--/c_fit,fl_progressive,w_636/hitbxc0tx0ndrto3swqt.jpg

:lmao Paul George
:lmao toothless against LeBron
:lmao manufactured superstar
:lmao being legit

spursistan
12-16-2016, 12:12 AM
Bump..

He is not even a top 10 player in the league right now, tbh..I think his game has plateaued and players like Jimmy Butler and even Giannis have surpassed him..He might not make it to All-Star team this season..

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 12:33 AM
Bump..

He is not even a top 10 player in the league right now, tbh..I think his game has plateaued and players like Jimmy Butler and even Giannis have surpassed him..He might not make it to All-Star team this season..

He needs to get out of Indy, they had George Hill playing as a spot-up shooter.:lol

Thibs should probably offer Wiggins/Lavine/Pek for George since he's losing hair dealing w/ a bunch of 21 year olds. (Just ship Rubio to the Kings for Collison/Affalo)

Towns
Dieng
PG
Affalo
Collison

.....that looks eerily similar to the Kings roster.:lol

Robz4000
12-16-2016, 02:02 AM
He needs to get out of Indy, they had George Hill playing as a spot-up shooter.:lol

Thibs should probably offer Wiggins/Lavine/Pek for George since he's losing hair dealing w/ a bunch of 21 year olds. (Just ship Rubio to the Kings for Collison/Affalo)

Towns
Dieng
PG
Affalo
Collison

.....that looks eerily similar to the Kings roster.:lol

They shouldn't offer Lavine tbh; that's giving up too much.

DMC
12-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Breaking his leg like that really stunted his development. He tries to hide it but his game changed.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2016, 11:18 AM
his nothing more then a 6'9 NVE, dribbles down the court and pulls up for a jumper without playing down the clock...

only time he attacks the paint is when his open for a sportscenter highlight dunk...u rarely see him drive these days...

and yes he put ups empty stats against top tier players also...ppl say his a 2way player, wtf has he shut down worth mentioning?

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 12:05 PM
They shouldn't offer Lavine tbh; that's giving up too much.

Wiggins isn't even better than Rudy Gay, why would the Pacers even consider making the deal w/o Lavine being included in the deal?:lol

The Celtics would give the Pacers a ton of assets to acquire George, so it's not like they don't have other options.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 12:08 PM
and yes he put ups empty stats against top tier players also...ppl say his a 2way player, wtf has he shut down worth mentioning?

IlFS6aylFgw

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-16-2016, 12:34 PM
The Celtics would give the Pacers a ton of assets to acquire George, so it's not like they don't have other options.:wakeup

Ainge seems to overvalue their assets so badly he must have pissed most other FOs off already. Celtics should totally package both Nets picks for a star but they act like they'll get Anthony Davis types with them when they're crapshoots.

They'll end up with no trades, no stars and 3 Jaylen Browns who might be decent in a few years, while also forced to let go of other 1st rounders because of cap space and roster spots.

spursistan
12-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Breaking his leg like that really stunted his development. He tries to hide it but his game changed.
Granted that, but something about him strikes me as low maintenance diva with questionable work ethics. If Kawhi had his(still) potent athleticism/height, he would be the best player in the league right now.

spursistan
12-16-2016, 12:53 PM
IlFS6aylFgw
Kawhi would be a perennial 28pts/10reb guy if he had PG physical tools..

12-16-2016, 02:04 PM
Breaking his leg like that really stunted his development. He tries to hide it but his game changed.I'd agree if he didn't just come off a career year post-break. Might just be having a down year on a shitty team.

StrengthAndHonor
12-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Remember the Paul George or Kawhi Leonard comparisons?

HA!

DMC
12-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Granted that, but something about him strikes me as low maintenance diva with questionable work ethics. If Kawhi had his(still) potent athleticism/height, he would be the best player in the league right now.

Low maintenance is good, no?