PDA

View Full Version : Malik’s Philly’s Phamous To Hold Grand Opening On Saturday

Kori Ellis
07-26-2005, 05:13 PM
SAN ANTONIO - Nine-year NBA veteran Malik Rose today announced that he will host a grand opening celebration for his second Malik’s Philly’s Phamous restaurant on Saturday, July 30. The grand opening will run from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. The afternoon will feature appearances by local celebrities and a wide variety of entertainment.

The new shop is located at 11851 Bandera Road in Silverado Station. Like the original location – which opened in the Quarry Market on September 25, 2003 – the new restaurant will feature a full menu anchored by a wide variety of Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwiches.

“Although I was born and raised in Philadelphia and now play in New York, San Antonio is home,” said Rose, who played seven-plus seasons with the Spurs before being traded to the Knicks in February of 2005. “I’m really excited to be opening our second restaurant. The first one has been a tremendous success. Being part of a project like this - and learning how the business world works - is exciting for me. But, just as important, it is a great way to stay involved in the San Antonio community.”

As part of the grand opening festivities, Rose will hold a special silent auction. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the National Kidney Foundation and the Fischer House at BAMC. The auction will feature a variety of autographed sports memorabilia including signed team basketballs from the Spurs 2003 and 2005 championships teams.

For more information on Malik’s Philly’s Phamous log onto www.phillysphamous.com.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Good eats. Glad there's another location -- the Quarry gets to be more of a pain in the ass every time I go there.

timvp
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
That's about two minutes away. I'm going to have to go there.

The sandwiches are kind of small and it seems expensive, but after seeing the alternatives, you realize you are getting your moneys worth and it's the best sandwich you've ever had.

Oh wait, that was Malik Rose I was talking about.

:depressed

Ishta
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I think it's great...I wonder which current Spurs will show up?

Shelly
07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Don't try and call to order ahead. Their phone is in the back and no one can hear it, so it's never answered. Don't know if they finally fixed that problem.

My husband ended up going to Chili's because of that, Malik!

angel_luv
07-26-2005, 05:32 PM
How fun! Anyone plan on going out?

angel_luv
07-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Cool. I am going to go too.

milkyway21
07-26-2005, 08:05 PM
The sandwiches are kind of small and it seems expensive, but after seeing the alternatives, you realize you are getting your moneys worth and it's the best sandwich you've ever had.

Oh wait, that was Malik Rose I was talking about.

:depressedis it true there's no sandwiches named on Timmy at Malik's resto? why?

milkyway21
07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
How fun! Anyone plan on going out?Beno or Rasho might :D

ShoogarBear
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Beno or Rasho might :D
Is Malik hiring? :)

angel_luv
07-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Rasho might :D

From your lips to Gods ears and then Rasho to my table! :spin

ShoogarBear
07-26-2005, 08:41 PM
http://spurs.fc2web.com/img/radoslav_nesterovic.jpg

"Would you like some fries with that, angel?"

angel_luv
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Forget the fries, Rasho luv! I'll take you to go!!!!!!!!!!! = )

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

spur219
07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Alright. That place is like a minute away.

milkyway21
07-26-2005, 09:43 PM
http://spurs.fc2web.com/img/radoslav_nesterovic.jpg

"Would you like some fries with that, angel?"i guess this is the face of Rasho when he hangs out with some Beno's friends :lol

that's why he always ends up with the ugly one:lmao

Show some smile, Nesterovic! :D

grjr
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
What kind of cheese do they use on Malik's sandwiches? If it's that cheeze whiz shit they use in Philly I might as well go to McDonalds and get one of theirs at a third of the price.

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 01:52 AM
is it true there's no sandwiches named on Timmy at Malik's resto? why?

There's a sandwich called Timmy's MVP or something like that.

What kind of cheese do they use on Malik's sandwiches? If it's that cheeze whiz shit they use in Philly I might as well go to McDonalds and get one of theirs at a third of the price.

You get a choice of cheeses. That cheese whiz, provolone, and some others - I'm not sure.

TheTruth
07-27-2005, 01:54 AM
get the pizza one!!!

ShoogarBear
07-27-2005, 02:00 AM
Real Philly cheesesteaks use Cheez Wiz.

angel_luv
07-27-2005, 03:06 AM
i guess this is the face of Rasho when he hangs out with some Beno's friends :lol

that's why he always ends up with the ugly one:lmao

Show some smile, Nesterovic! :D

I'll be the ugly friend! :lol

milkyway21
07-27-2005, 03:23 AM
There's a sandwich called Timmy's MVP or something like that.
thanks. i thought there was none bec. Malik once said Timmy is endorsing another product.. :tu

fraga
07-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Grand Opening??? It's been open for weeks now...

batman2883
07-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Man im definitly there, and if Rasho shows up ill be the first to start the "Trade Rasho" chant.

angel_luv
07-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Man im definitly there, and if Rasho shows up ill be the first to start the "Trade Rasho" chant.

At which Rasho will smile, take your sandwich and give you his in return. I am assuming that is what you were hoping for.

:angel

pache100
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM

You must not have gone to a very good restaurant in Philadelphia. I have eaten hundreds of Philly cheesesteaks in Philly over the years and have never had a sandwich with "cheeze whiz shit" on it. Most use genuine high-quality provolone; a few use good quality swiss. Even the little hole-in-the-wall greasy spoons use good cheese - it makes the sandwich! They even have an excellent philly cheesesteak shop in their airport...so you can have that one last fix before you get on the plane!

For any of those posters who have access to the military bases in the area...there is an excellent philly cheesesteak sandwich shop in the food court at the PX on Ft Sam Houston called Charley's...really good sandwiches (about the same price as Philly's Phamous). And they just opened a new one at the BX on Randolph AFB.

No, they don't. Have you ever been to Philadelphia?

batman2883
07-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Maliks Cheesteaks are the shiznit, i'd probably have to say the best ones in town. Totally worth the money spent on one

pache100
07-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Maliks Cheesteaks are the shiznit, i'd probably have to say the best ones in town. Totally worth the money spent on one

I agree. After having quite a few of the real thing in Philly, I have to say that Malik's are the best sandwiches San Antonio has to offer in comparison.

I also think it's really cool that he has brought in the Philly traditional water ices and Tastykake desserts to compliment his menu and complete the Philly atmosphere. You find those in every little greasy spoon in Philly, without fail. He has all the bread used in the restaurants and the Tastykakes flown in!!!!

P.S. But, if you want something REALLY SPECIAL try that fresh banana pudding. It seems expensive until you see how much they give you for a portion. YUMMY!!!! (just like Mama used to make)

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 11:21 AM

I saw that on a couple of Food Network shows (Jim O'Connor's "The secret life of... and Rachael Ray's "$40 a day" .....personally I go with Provolone...that Cheez Wiz stuff is nasty.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Excellent sammich with provelone-- of course I put jalapenos on it just like everything else these days....

bigzak25
07-27-2005, 11:28 AM
i've never been to the one at the quarry,

and i've passed by this one when watching flicks at the silverado almost every weekend...

one week the banner was half off, i thought malik gave up on the place...

the next, it's up and running.

i'll give it a go sometime soon. :tu

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
No, they don't. Have you ever been to Philadelphia?

according to two of the most famous places in Philly for cheesesteaks, they do.

http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/recipe.htm

http://www.genosteaks.com/about_history.php

pache100
07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
according to two of the most famous places in Philly for cheesesteaks, they do.

I'm not relying on info obtained from websites. I'm relying on years of personal experience. I stand by the fact that I have eaten (I'd estimate a couple thousand) cheesesteaks all over Philadelphia, from big name restaurants near Rittenhouse to hole-in-the-wall mom-and-pop places on South Street...I have never eaten, seen, nor heard of...a cheesesteak sandwich with "cheese whiz shit" on it; I've never even had anyone ask me if I wanted that on my sandwich. They have all, always, had provolone or swiss (if I requested that specifically).

I reiterate: Have you ever BEEN to Philly?

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Have you ever BEEN to Philly?

I have.

And I thought Pat's was one of the most famous cheesesteak places - and they use Whiz.

spurschick
07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
hehehehe... you guys said whiz
http://www.spurschick.com/butthead.jpg

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 12:31 PM
No need to reiterate to me because you never asked me to begin with. If you had asked me, I would have said yes. I have been to Philly on several occasions and been to Pat's and Geno's. If you have been to Philly, you would know that they are arguably the two most popular places to go for cheesesteaks....not just "websites' Those were the two places I had heard of and I talked to locals to confirm that and they almost got into fights saying who was better. I am also going on what I have seen on tv shows about Philly and the cheesesteak, what Malik Rose has said about them and what my best friend, from Philly, has told me. I am not doubting that you personally have never had that on your sandwich...I don't blame you because I can't stand that stuff either. But because you don't order it that way or I don't order it that way doesn't mean you can't order it that way or that its any less authentic by ordering it that way.

pache100
07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
If you have been to Philly, you would know that they are arguably the two most popular places to go for cheesesteaks....

You quoted the websites, not me. You're not reading my posts, are you? I have said over and over that I HAVE been to Philly, many many times.

But because you don't order it that way or I don't order it that way ....

As I said...I've never even been asked if I wanted it...never seen it on a menu on the wall or the table...when I ordered a cheesesteak, anywhere in Philly, it automatically came with provolone unless I specifcally asked for swiss.

Ok. All I have to say to the wall. Done.

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Obviously I have been reading your posts or I wouldn't have responded....I think you missed something in mine because I never asked if you personally have been to Philly.

pache100
07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Obviously I have been reading your posts or I wouldn't have responded....I think you missed something in mine because I never asked if you personally have been to Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samikeyp

If you have been to Philly, you would know that they are arguably the two most popular places to go for cheesesteaks....

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 12:38 PM
point out where I asked...."Have you ever been to Philly?" What I posted was a general statement.

pache100
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
point out where I asked...."Have you ever been to Philly?" What I posted was a general statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samikeyp

Insinuates to me that you think I have not been. As I said...done.

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
as I said...it was a general statement....I never asked if you had been to Philly. That was your interpretation of that statement, to which you were entitled, but it was incorrect.

B.AlMighty
07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Malik's is a great place for a sammich.

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 12:56 PM
That is the one thing we can agree on in this thread! :)

As usual...Bruce speaks the truth.

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
As I said...I've never even been asked if I wanted it...never seen it on a menu on the wall or the table...when I ordered a cheesesteak, anywhere in Philly, it automatically came with provolone unless I specifcally asked for swiss.

Are you the sole owner of knowledge of cheese steaks because you've been to Philly and no one could possibly have a different opinion of their own experience? I'm just trying to figure out why you got so angry over cheese wiz.... ?

:wtf

pache100
07-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Are you the sole owner of knowledge of cheese steaks because you've been to Philly and no one could possibly have a different opinion of their own experience?

No, are you? Just stating my own experiences and opinions as a matter of conversation. Not understanding why it concerns you unless you have something to add to the conversation.

I'm just trying to figure out why you got so angry over cheese wiz.... ?

:wtf

Did not know I "got so angry". As I said, was just stating my experiences and opinions. Didn't know it was going to offend you.

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Pache - Is Pat's one of the more well known places? They say that they use Whiz unless you ask for Provolone or something else.

mouse
07-27-2005, 01:56 PM
I had a buddy named Richard shifler from Philly in the Army he was a huge Eagles fan I found out the hard way not argue with a person from Philly,

But I saw a special on the food channel and one the most famous Philly Steak places in philly said they use cheese wiz also, I kinda wonder what they used before cheese wiz came around. they will also Fed X you a sandwich if you order one.

I wonder if we will ever know who made the first Philly steak sandwich, and will it be a reason many here will have meltdowns arguing the point :lmao

pache100
07-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Pache - Is Pat's one of the more well known places? They say that they use Whiz unless you ask for Provolone or something else.

I went to Pat's once, and that was several years ago (probably around 1997). If I remember correctly, I did not care for the place (not because of the food, because of the service) and have not been back. I understand it is quite popular with locals. When I went, they did not offer Whiz; I ordered a sandwich without any special requests and got provolone, grilled minced beef, and grilled onions on a roll. And their fries were greasy and not very hot, but the sandwich was ok.

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
No, are you? Just stating my own experiences and opinions as a matter of conversation. Not understanding why it concerns you unless you have something to add to the conversation.

Did not know I "got so angry". As I said, was just stating my experiences and opinions. Didn't know it was going to offend you.

I don't care about Philadelphia or their fattening sandwiches...I was just curious about a thread that made it 3 pages and happened upon you jumping on my friends for something RIDICULOUSLY STUPID.

Have a nice day.

Done. :rolleyes

mouse
07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
pache100
I went to Pat's once, and that was several years ago (probably around 1997). If I remember correctly, I did not care for the place (not because of the food, because of the service) and have not been back.

Did you have your Have A nice day tee shirt on? :lmao

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 02:04 PM
When I went, they did not offer Whiz;

I just called them .. they've been offering Whiz since Whiz was introduced in the 50's. Maybe they were out the day you were there. :)

Pat's and Geno's are the most well known Philly Steak Places in Philly. And they both offer Whiz.

mouse
07-27-2005, 02:06 PM
I just called them .. they've been offering Whiz since Whiz was introduced in the 50's. Maybe they were out the day you were there. :)

Pat's and Geno's are the most well known Philly Steak Places in Philly. And they both offer Whiz.

You called them? Gee Wiz :lmao

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
My experience at Pat's and Geno' is that they don't ask you for anything....you tell them what you want and they put it on their for you. And they are serious about it too! If you screw up, they send you to the back of the line! :) Happened to me my first time! I went back on my next trip and knew how to do it. I even got complimented.....well sort of. I had a Spurs shirt on and got told "nice job....for a tourist!" :lol

Can't say how the other places do it there, just the ones I went to. I know at Malik's they will ask you what you want.

pache100
07-27-2005, 02:08 PM

They may indeed offer it. They did not offer it to me. Geno's has never offered it to me either and I have never told them I did not want it because it's never come up. I can only speak from personal experience, though, as I have stated over and over. I have only ever received provolone on a cheesesteak sandwich anywhere in Philly and I have never told anyone what kind of cheese I wanted unless I told them when I ordered I wanted swiss (a couple of times when I just had a hankering for swiss).

This horse is pretty dead. I'm going to stop beating it now.

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
They may indeed offer it. They did not offer it to me. Geno's has never offered it to me either and I have never told them I did not want it because it's never come up. I can only speak from personal experience, though, as I have stated over and over. I have only ever received provolone on a cheesesteak sandwich anywhere in Philly and I have never told anyone what kind of cheese I wanted unless I told them when I ordered I wanted swiss (a couple of times when I just had a hankering for swiss).

This horse is pretty dead. I'm going to stop beating it now.

Good, maybe next time don't act like a condescending ass and people won't keep harping on you.

Have a good day.

pache100
07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Good, maybe next time don't act like a condescending ass and people won't keep harping on you.

Have a good day.

You got it.

mouse
07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
This topic sounds like a Dr Suess book.

"I will not eat cheese wiz my man, I will not eat it from a can" :lmao

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
For the record, I hate Cheese Whiz :lol

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
"I will not eat cheese wiz my man, I will not eat it from a can"

:lol

mouse
07-27-2005, 02:18 PM
' pardon me if I sound rude, but I will not eat it on my food''
"I will not eat cheese from a can' I will not eat it Panche I am'

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
' pardon me if I sound rude, but I will not eat it on my food''

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

mouse
07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
'I will not eat it with you kori' 'I do not like it end of story'

bigzak25
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
good stuff. :lol

mouse
07-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I thought it was kinda cheesy myself :smokin

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 02:50 PM
i prefer a mix of provelone and swiss on my cheesesteak.
i hate cheese whiz.
but I love the fakey fake cheese whiz you get a stadiums with your "nachos".

just for the record.

1Parker1
07-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Holy Shit. I just opened this thread. Were you guys arguing about Cheese Whiz for 3 pages?!?!?! :lmao :lmao :lmao

FYI: Pat's and Geno's are the 2 most famous cheesteak places here in Philly. In fact, they have pics of Brittany Spears, Justin Timberlake, and a whole host of stars who've gone there. And YES, we do use CheeseWhiz..................so you can end that debate! And the CheeseWiz in Philly is gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

It's weird........people in San Antonio tryin to be like Philadelphians. Malik should also sell TastyCakes, Philly Cream Cheese, and Rita's WaterIce there..........:spin

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 02:58 PM
It's weird........people in San Antonio tryin to be like Philadelphians. Malik should also sell TastyCakes, Philly Cream Cheese, and Rita's WaterIce there..........:spin

He does, didn't you read the thread? :lol

And we can get Philly Cream Cheese at the grocery store. :lol

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Malik should also sell TastyCakes, Philly Cream Cheese, and Rita's WaterIce there..........

:lol He does. I thought you read the thread. And by the way, the guy who was arguing that they don't have Cheese Whiz lives/lived in Philly.

1Parker1
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
He does, didn't you read the thread? :lol

And we can get Philly Cream Cheese at the grocery store. :lol

:lol My bad. I was too busy laughing at the CheeseWiz debates and the "Have you or haven't you been to Philly?" debates and the "This is what real cheesesteak in real Philly tastes like" debates....

1Parker1
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
:lol He does. I thought you read the thread. And by the way, the guy who was arguing that they don't have Cheese Whiz lives/lived in Philly.

I know! That's why I was laughing....because no cheesesteak in Philly is complete without CheeseWiz!!! I don't even eat Meat and I know that!!

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
i think this thread is classic.

on a related topic.....
Can you really call a Gyro a Gyro if you don't use lamb or cucumber sour cream????

1Parker1
07-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I agree. After having quite a few of the real thing in Philly, I have to say that Malik's are the best sandwiches San Antonio has to offer in comparison.

I also think it's really cool that he has brought in the Philly traditional water ices and Tastykake desserts to compliment his menu and complete the Philly atmosphere. You find those in every little greasy spoon in Philly, without fail. He has all the bread used in the restaurants and the Tastykakes flown in!!!!

P.S. But, if you want something REALLY SPECIAL try that fresh banana pudding. It seems expensive until you see how much they give you for a portion. YUMMY!!!! (just like Mama used to make)

:lol Alright so I skipped over this one....

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 03:04 PM
i think this thread is classic.

on a related topic.....
Can you really call a Gyro a Gyro if you don't use lamb or cucumber sour cream????

Oh, man...there used to be this little Greek place by where I used to live that made the best Gyros ever. And they did use lamb and cucumber sour cream, and I don't even usually like lamb. They closed down. :(

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 03:05 PM
IS the peanutbutter and banana sandwhich considered the Elvis sandwhich or is it just called peanutbutter and banana??

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh, man...there used to be this little Greek place by where I used to live that made the best Gyros ever. And they did use lamb and cucumber sour cream, and I don't even usually like lamb. They closed down. :(

I love Gyros! I am so sorry for your loss! But if you feel like treking to the Med. center there are 1/2 a doz. greek places here that I havn't even tried yet.
And you can get delivery from Demo's on blanco if you call 479-RUSH. (they deliver for about 20 restaurants)

T Park
07-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I just called them .. they've been offering Whiz since Whiz was introduced in the 50's. Maybe they were out the day you were there.

FYI: Pat's and Geno's are the 2 most famous cheesteak places here in Philly. In fact, they have pics of Brittany Spears, Justin Timberlake, and a whole host of stars who've gone there. And YES, we do use CheeseWhiz..................so you can end that debate!

Damn.

Can you be OWNED anymore than that???

I would know......

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Holy Shit. I just opened this thread. Were you guys arguing about Cheese Whiz for 3 pages?!?!?!

The offseason can be rough. :)

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
And you can get delivery from Demo's on blanco if you call 479-RUSH. (they deliver for about 20 restaurants)

Holy shit! They stole someoneIknow's idea!!! :flipoff :wow ;)

I don't live too far from Blanco ... I will definitely have to call. I was just bitching (again) last night that I wish someone else delivered besides PIZZA.

:elephant

mouse
07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
on a related topic.....

acually it's drained yogut cucumbers and garlic

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Holy shit! They stole someoneIknow's idea!!! :flipoff :wow ;)

I don't live too far from Blanco ... I will definitely have to call. I was just bitching (again) last night that I wish someone else delivered besides PIZZA.

:elephant

479- rush delivers for applebee's, Chuy's, Wings and MOre, Schlotzsky's, Golden Wok, Tom's Ribs... etc etc ....
they'll bring you a book of all thier restaurants menu;s with your order.

We got wings delivered the other night. man it was soo cool. the perfect service for a craving pregnant woman.

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 04:26 PM
acually it's drained yogut cucumbers and garlic

yeah. that yummy white stuff.

mouse
07-27-2005, 04:28 PM

Tasteless joke by GIG in 3.........................2.................... :lmao

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 04:28 PM
:lmao

07-27-2005, 04:29 PM

Is no one going to hit this hanging curve?

I would, but I'm stumped on how to tie that in with Lava soap, Quattro razors, washing your itchy balls and overweight models with acne.

mouse
07-27-2005, 04:30 PM

This is to easy I will leave it for a newbie.... :lmao

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Is no one going to hit this hanging curve?

I would, but I'm stumped on how to tie that in with Lava soap, Quattro razors, washing your itchy balls and overweight models with acne.

and philly cheesesteak sandwiches.....

07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
and philly cheesesteak sandwiches.....

Great, thanks a lot. Now I've got to tie all that in AND mix in Cheese Whiz.

They do put Cheese Whiz on those, right?

SpursWoman
07-27-2005, 04:49 PM

No, because he wouldn't *get* it, and then have to ask you to explain it. :fro

Shelly
07-27-2005, 04:51 PM

:lmao

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Great, thanks a lot. Now I've got to tie all that in AND mix in Cheese Whiz.

They do put Cheese Whiz on those, right?

omg don't start. :lol

Billy Cobham
07-27-2005, 05:36 PM
You quoted the websites, not me. You're not reading my posts, are you? I have said over and over that I HAVE been to Philly, many many times.

I think they came with Cheese Whiz and you didn't realize it. I've been to Philly and they do in fact use Cheese Whiz. I don't care how many thousands of sandwiches you've eaten. You apparently don't know what's on them.

KEDA
07-27-2005, 07:15 PM
better yet, he will tell us about getting head from his girl yet one more time, and then ask us to explain it.

Old School Chic
07-27-2005, 10:52 PM
My husband and I went to Malik's restaurant @ Silverado this past weekend. We had a great time.
I had the spaguetti and meatballs with a side salad. My husband had the Admiral Sub and the curly fries with cheese, now that was good. It was so good that my husband had a second Sub, and those Subs are BIG!

:spin

Good luck to Malik and all of his family...

SequSpur
07-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Cheesesteaks blow.

mouse
07-27-2005, 11:45 PM

Get what? what are you talking about? :lmao

TheTruth
07-28-2005, 12:03 AM
It mentions "white" stuff. thats too racist for GiG.

mouse
07-28-2005, 01:05 AM
It mentions "white" stuff. thats too racist for GiG.

^ Rack the race card, it's always fresh :smokin

I Think everyone is right, This guy is talking about that cheese that comes out in a can that you spray on your cracker. Just like I was at first. So he was right he never heard of that cheese on an Original Philly Steak sandwitch.

I can see his point. I forgot also , I thought the Cheese Wiz was a Movie with Brett Farve and Michale Jackson :lmao

After all, how many of you knew Cheese wiz was from the 50s? If you said me?
I call bull shit, That's Nacho cheese so Nigro Please ! :fro

TheTruth
07-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Holy Shit. I just opened this thread. Were you guys arguing about Cheese Whiz for 3 pages?!?!?! :lmao :lmao :lmao

FYI: Pat's and Geno's are the 2 most famous cheesteak places here in Philly. In fact, they have pics of Brittany Spears, Justin Timberlake, and a whole host of stars who've gone there. And YES, we do use CheeseWhiz..................so you can end that debate! And the CheeseWiz in Philly is gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Jermaine Mayberry plays for the Eagles, and opened up a WaterIce store in Floresville, TX (where he grew up). It went out of business in less than a year.

Sense
07-28-2005, 05:32 AM

:lol