PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.....

tenbeersbold
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
"Once every season, the San Antonio Spurs (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/sanantoniospurs/index.html?inline=nyt-org) visit Madison Square Garden — as they are scheduled to do Sunday afternoon — to remind the Knicks (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/newyorkknicks/index.html?inline=nyt-org), in a larger contextual sense, of everything they are not. And that is not good."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/sports/basketball/what-sets-spurs-apart-is-lost-on-knicks.html?ref=basketball&_r=0 (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/sports/basketball/what-sets-spurs-apart-is-lost-on-knicks.html?ref=basketball&_r=0)

Arcadian
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
:lol Knicks

Budkin
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
The Knicks are cursed.

exstatic
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
The Knicks are cursed.
I don't think they're cursed. I just think that like most teams, they lack a plan

SpurSwag
11-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Honestly I think the Knicks need to blow it up now. I realize that's really hard given Amare's contract and Bargnani's, but the roster they have is doomed to mediocrity. It's not even Melo's fault, he has absolutely nothing to work with. The fact that Chandler might be their second most consistent offensive player is horrible

racm
11-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't think they're cursed. I just think that like most teams, they lack a plan

Jim Dolan makes Jim Buss look competent

AusSpur
11-10-2013, 08:55 PM

They have a plan:

Step 1. Get Melo
Step 2. ?
Step 3. CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!

exstatic
11-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Honestly I think the Knicks need to blow it up now. I realize that's really hard given Amare's contract and Bargnani's, but the roster they have is doomed to mediocrity. It's not even Melo's fault, he has absolutely nothing to work with. The fact that Chandler might be their second most consistent offensive player is horrible

They needed to blow it up like 5-6 years ago, but that's hard for a team that charges what they do for tickets. They're kind of caught in a trap of their own making.

TampaDude
11-10-2013, 10:16 PM
"Once every season, the San Antonio Spurs (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/sanantoniospurs/index.html?inline=nyt-org) visit Madison Square Garden — as they are scheduled to do Sunday afternoon — to remind the Knicks (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/probasketball/nationalbasketballassociation/newyorkknicks/index.html?inline=nyt-org), in a larger contextual sense, of everything they are not. And that is not good."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/sports/basketball/what-sets-spurs-apart-is-lost-on-knicks.html?ref=basketball&_r=0 (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/sports/basketball/what-sets-spurs-apart-is-lost-on-knicks.html?ref=basketball&_r=0)

Wow...brutal... :nutkick:

TXstbobcat
11-10-2013, 10:26 PM
$100 million for Amare. What a horrendous contract decision for the Knicks.

Juggity
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Gotta hand it to knicks fans. No matter how shitty their team gets, no matter how many bad decisions Dolan makes, no matter how many times he hires Isiah Thomas, they always shell out for games. And they always buy into the delusion that the knicks are contenders. Incredible.

exstatic
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
$100 million for Amare. What a horrendous contract decision for the Knicks.

If the insurance company says they won't insure his contract, perhaps you should pay attention to that fact.

Johnny RIngo
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Strange article considering we got blown out last time we visted MSG

ElNono
11-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Strange article considering we got blown out last time we visted MSG

Did you read the article? Because it's not about a single game at all.

Darkwaters
11-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Really when you look at their history, the Knicks really aren't a storied, glorious team by any respects. Sure they have two Championships, but the most recent one was more than 40 years ago and predates the merger. I'm not overly impressed. Any acclaim they have is purely from the fact that they're in New York City. Any celebrations of the Knicks as one of the league's great franchises are artificial fabrications of the New York media at best.

Edit:
They have 8 finals appearances of which they've lost 6 (2-6 record)
Ironically, they have more retired numbers (9) than they do Division titles (5)

I'm seriously unimpressed

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Doesnt make sense why the 2nd biggest market in all of sports is so bad

hater
11-10-2013, 11:39 PM

brainless front office. the knicks front office listens to ny media and does their biddin. they also think an average knick fan is knowledgeable. this myth that knick fans are the most knowledgeable fans in the league is nothing but bs from ny media.

madison square garden the mecca of bball :lmao its the fucking shitty asshole of basketball.

fuck new york and fuck brainless farts called new york knick fans

:lmao

scanry
11-11-2013, 02:07 AM

Aren't they the biggest?

For some weird reason, NYC people still value Knicks tickets more than anything (Giants, Jets, Yankees tickets). The same is the case in LA, but they don't have many pro sports besides the Lakers and moreover the Lakers are the most successful franchise in all of basketball.

Thebesteva
11-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Aren't they the biggest?

For some weird reason, NYC people still value Knicks tickets more than anything (Giants, Jets, Yankees tickets). The same is the case in LA, but they don't have many pro sports besides the Lakers and moreover the Lakers are the most successful franchise in all of basketball.

I think LA is a bigger market. I say that because my cousin goes to NY every year and says the entire city sports Kobe jerseys.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Knicks sell a lot of their tickets to tourists, since the big apple is one of the top tourist destinations in the US.

Their tickets prices are the most expensive in the league, almost 25% more expensive than #2 Lakers. (http://www.businessinsider.com/average-ticket-prices-for-all-30-teams-in-the-nba-sports-chart-of-the-day-2013-2)

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-11-2013, 03:03 AM
They have such an enormous financial advantage and can't get it right over and over again. They don't even need a genius running them, just someone competent when they can swallow $100 million for A'm'a'r'e, whereas when the Spurs hand $5 million to Jackie Butler they have to sacrifice Scola to get rid.

Johnny RIngo
11-11-2013, 03:24 AM
whereas when the Spurs hand $5 million to Jackie Butler they have to sacrifice Scola to get rid.

Ayers is looking like the new Jackie Butler. Only got that contract due to advanced stats but doesn't actually know how to play bball. Shitty player.

Darkwaters
11-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Aren't they the biggest?

FYI, the New Jersey Giants don't play in New York.

Dex
11-11-2013, 11:19 AM
The fact that New York has not been able to buy a championship in 40 years just goes to show how incredible mismanaged that franchise is.

Dex
11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Ayers is looking like the new Jackie Butler. Only got that contract due to advanced stats but doesn't actually know how to play bball. Shitty player.

Still early. Give him time.

I do agree, though, that if I never have to see that abomination of a jump shot again, it will be too soon.

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Knicks forum was hilarious. Those fans are brutally honest.

One poster "Spurs killing us with dad plays"

ElNono
11-11-2013, 12:20 PM

I don't even know it was advanced stats. I think he was the pet project of the new assistant coach we hired from Indiana.

Darkwaters
11-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't even know it was advanced stats. I think he was the pet project of the new assistant coach we hired from Indiana.

Well, at least Belinelli has looked like a good signing.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I think LA is a bigger market. I say that because my cousin goes to NY every year and says the entire city sports Kobe jerseys.
New York is the biggest media market, but I'd agree that LA is the better basketball market (mainly because of the lack of an NFL team)....

Stabula
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I put a Knicks sticker on my broken vacuum and presto! Now it sucks again.

skulls138
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
And this was written before the beatdown.

skulls138
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I put a Knicks sticker on my broken vacuum and presto! Now it sucks again.:lol

BillMc
11-11-2013, 05:12 PM
I put a Knicks sticker on my broken vacuum and presto! Now it sucks again.:lmao

exstatic
11-11-2013, 07:25 PM
FYI, the New Jersey Giants don't play in New York.

FYI, the Dallas Cowboys don't play in Dallas. Makes no difference to the MEDIA MARKET.

Budkin
11-11-2013, 08:15 PM
The fact that New York has not been able to buy a championship in 40 years just goes to show how incredible mismanaged that franchise is.

This. The Knicks should be right up there with the Lakers in terms of buying championships.

TampaDude
11-11-2013, 11:01 PM
FYI, the Dallas Cowboys don't play in Dallas. Makes no difference to the MEDIA MARKET.

The Washington Redskins don't play in Washington anymore, either. :lol

Darkwaters
11-12-2013, 11:51 AM

At least the Cowboys are in the same state. I'm really just trying to make fun of the New Jersey Giants.

Skull-1
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Really when you look at their history, the Knicks really aren't a storied, glorious team by any respects. Sure they have two Championships, but the most recent one was more than 40 years ago and predates the merger. I'm not overly impressed. Any acclaim they have is purely from the fact that they're in New York City. Any celebrations of the Knicks as one of the league's great franchises are artificial fabrications of the New York media at best.

Edit:
They have 8 finals appearances of which they've lost 6 (2-6 record)
Ironically, they have more retired numbers (9) than they do Division titles (5)

I'm seriously unimpressed

Exactly. If the Spurs were in LA or NYC they would be hailed as NBA royalty. But since we are in flyover country we get zero respect. SAS >>>> NYK

TampaDude
11-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Exactly. If the Spurs were in LA or NYC they would be hailed as NBA royalty. But since we are in flyover country we get zero respect. SAS >>>> NYK

^ this, imho, tbqh, lolrtfmbbq

Tim_5rings
11-13-2013, 02:46 AM
I put a Knicks sticker on my broken vacuum and presto! Now it sucks again.

:rollin:lmao
good one