PDA

View Full Version : Here Me Out....... Would Kawhi be Willing to Come off the Bench, tbh?

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 01:59 PM
What we saw today was Marco starting and running wild with the first unit while Kawhi came off the bench and he and Manu anchored the second unit.

Would Kawhi be willing to come off the bench (like with Manu) in order to help the team, tbh? I am wondering if Pop is experimenting with this today tbh and from all indications it worked tbh. We blasted out to huge leads in the beginning of both the 1st and 3rd quarters. It might be worth a try if Kawhi is willing to sacrifice the glory.

Maybe Kawhi can become the Sixth Man of the Year, though, tbh?

EDIT: Fk me and not being able to edit titles, that should be "HEAR" Me Out FFS.

FireMicoHalili
11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
You should've just stopped at "Fk me" tbh

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 02:05 PM
You should've just stopped at "Fk me" tbh
You're a really nice troll tbh.

Can you not agree that it worked well in today's game tbh? Perhaps it's worth a try?

People thought it was crazy when Pop started doing it with Manu many years ago tbh. Then they all STFU.

Baam
11-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Meh not sure, what I think is that Green Kawhi is not that great of a combination offensively.

Green started with TP Beli Diaw and Tim, basically an all playmaker lineup which is perfect for his game because everyone else can drive and pass (or pass out of the post for Duncan)... But the defensive matchups allowed that so I wouldn't read too much into it...

Boomersgold
11-10-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't see why he'd be against it. Harrison Barnes readily accepts his role as a sixth man, and he also has tremendous talent and superstar potential.

Brunodf
11-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Tony/Green/Beli perimeter defense would be burned by good teams

Splits
11-10-2013, 02:41 PM
I sit hear on a fine Sunday afternoon, reading you're thoughts and keep hereing voices in my head. Then I think your joking with these posts. But the voices don't stop as I sit hear, and when I try listen to my music all I here is random beets. Then I think, "hey Splitman" is the four reel? Could the Spurs really be 6-1 and have a fan bass that shits on you're dreams? And the voices tell me "your not crazy" keep listening and eventually you will see and here the truth. But I don't trust them, and think your all crazy.

I here'd you.

dylankerouac
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
tbh, too much tbh from the OP. tbh.

Richie
11-10-2013, 03:42 PM
No, we need him to guard starters like Lebron, Durant, George etc...

skulls138
11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
What did you say? Cant get past your "tbh". Please stop using it. Its annoying as fk and you dont even use it in the right context. Cant even get to the point youre trying to make.

cjw
11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Melo was playing at the 4 and Pop wanted to keep the rotations normal (two bigs to start). Pop would rather have Kawhi come in against JR Smith and troll him into shooting 1 for 9 than have him guard Shumpert with the starters.

Always a step ahead ...

spurspokesman
11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Wow

BacktoBasics
11-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Why do all you people have to add "TBH" to god damn everything. Especially when it has no place or reason to be added. Why does this even cross your mind..."yeah this post sounds okay but damn a "TBH" sure would make it sound better". Just say what you have to say and be done.

...and yeah I can't wait for the next 5 infantile morons who will think its funny to respond with "tbh" blah blah blah I think I'm hilarious.

RD2191
11-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Why do all you people have to add "TBH" to god damn everything. Especially when it has no place or reason to be added. Why does this even cross your mind..."yeah this post sounds okay but damn a "TBH" sure would make it sound better". Just say what you have to say and be done.

...and yeah I can't wait for the next 5 infantile morons who will think its funny to respond with "tbh" blah blah blah I think I'm hilarious.
you sound bitter, tbh

BacktoBasics
11-10-2013, 04:35 PM
What did you say? Cant get past your "tbh". Please stop using it. Its annoying as fk and you dont even use it in the right context. Cant even get to the point youre trying to make.I couldn't get passed the first three fucks using TBH and missed your post. I applaud your efforts.

BacktoBasics
11-10-2013, 04:37 PM
you sound bitter, tbhTook 1 minute. Great work. No one on the internet has ever attempted to be ironically funny while actually sounding like a preteen douche bag. You're a real fucking pioneer. Can't imagine why this forum has the reputation it does.

...and to really drive home your intelligence my post is clearly about something annoying and persistent. Little to do with bitterness.

RD2191
11-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Took 1 minute. Great work. No one on the internet has ever attempted to be ironically funny while actually sounding like a preteen douche bag. You're a real fucking pioneer. Can't imagine why this forum has the reputation it does.

...and to really drive home your intelligence my post is clearly about something annoying and persistent. Little to do with bitterness.
you sound angry, tbh

rr2418
11-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Now I know why I hardly post here any more!

RD2191
11-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Now I know why I hardly post here any more!
:cry

siraulo23
11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Tony/Green/Beli perimeter defense would be burned by good teams

PlayNando
11-10-2013, 06:23 PM
tbh

racm
11-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Kawhi came off the bench for matchup purposes tbh

Knicks had a 3 guard lineup with Felton/Prigs/Shump so Pop went with TP/Beli/Green, and Diaw's the best 3/4 defender on the team.

FireMicoHalili
11-10-2013, 08:17 PM
you sound bitter, tbh
And you sound like a bleeding imbecile. Where the heck did that assumption come from? Bitterness...after the Spurs blew out a major market franchise?

FireMicoHalili
11-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I sit hear on a fine Sunday afternoon, reading you're thoughts and keep hereing voices in my head. Then I think your joking with these posts. But the voices don't stop as I sit hear, and when I try listen to my music all I here is random beets. Then I think, "hey Splitman" is the four reel? Could the Spurs really be 6-1 and have a fan bass that shits on you're dreams? And the voices tell me "your not crazy" keep listening and eventually you will see and here the truth. But I don't trust them, and think your all crazy.

I here'd you.
10/10 :rollin

DJR210
11-10-2013, 11:27 PM

I here'd you.

:lol

hater
11-10-2013, 11:31 PM
marco fits the spurs like a glove. been saying it since.trade was issued. starter, bench dont matter.

marco was born and bred to be a.spur.

32fastest
11-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm here. Now What?

HI-FI
11-10-2013, 11:54 PM
marco fits the spurs like a glove. been saying it since.trade was issued. starter, bench dont matter.

marco was born and bred to be a.spur.

I said the same thing. He was meant to be in silver and black. i see you rocking the pablo escobar look as well.

hater
11-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I said the same thing. He was meant to be in silver and black. i see you rocking the pablo escobar look as well.

no doubt bro

dont know if they have a subtitled version but u gotta watch d new colombian show on pablo. best drama in history of movies and tv imo

ElNono
11-10-2013, 11:59 PM
no doubt bro

dont know if they have a subtitled version but u gotta watch d new colombian show on pablo. best drama in history of movies and tv imo

I think I've watched it about a month ago... was pretty good, tbh

HI-FI
11-11-2013, 12:04 AM
no doubt bro

cool i'll try to look for it. I know they've been wanting to make a movie about Killing Pablo for a long time, as well as another Pablo flick that was going to star Benecio Del Toro but now looks like John Leguizamo might do it. Knowing Hollywood they'll fuck it up, but i'll try to catch this show.

Assman
11-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Why the fuck would you use "tbh" after asking a question? The god damn over usage of this dumbass phrase needs to stop.

PlayNando
11-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Why the fuck would you use "tbh" after asking a question? The god damn over usage of this dumbass phrase needs to stop.
Make me tbh.

jestersmash
11-11-2013, 01:11 AM

Groupthink. New forum members tend to adopt the idiosyncrasies of older forum posts.

There's another forum that I frequent where it's "fashionable" to use the following phrases:

"this but unironically"
"he literally and unironically blah blah blah"
"i'm gay"

iManu
11-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Thank you for being honest, everybody.

McGusto55
11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
You ask too many questions. ........

wildchild
11-11-2013, 01:40 AM
Kawhi came off the bench for matchup purposes tbh

Knicks had a 3 guard lineup with Felton/Prigs/Shump so Pop went with TP/Beli/Green, and Diaw's the best 3/4 defender on the team.

Jeff McDonald‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
Pop's reason for lineup switch: Wanted to use Diaw and Kawhi on Melo throughout game & starting them at same time "screws up the minutes."

I would be concerned if "our best perimeter defender" Leonard comes off the bench when Lebron/Durant/Curry&Thompson/George/.../... are killing Beli in the big games.

However, Marco was playing well. Kawhi, too (garbage time but good enough). Spurs win and that's what matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe8rBQC0o50&feature=youtu.be

jesterbobman
11-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Willing, probably. Not the best move for the season, as top scoring options where Kawhi's D has the most value are usually starters. New Yorks weird Tiny Ball starting lineup made this sensible.

hater
11-11-2013, 03:36 AM
cool i'll try to look for it. I know they've been wanting to make a movie about Killing Pablo for a long time, as well as another Pablo flick that was going to star Benecio Del Toro but now looks like John Leguizamo might do it. Knowing Hollywood they'll fuck it up, but i'll try to catch this show.

:lmao what? John Leguifaggot? play El Patron? holy shit that would be the biggest flop ever. goddam hollywood is shit

a real Escobar story would need a minimum 8 hours of film. The Colombian show actually has 100+ 45 minute episodes and it flies by. the story of Pablo Escobar Gaviria is an epic like the Godfather and shit. Dude bombed airliners, newspaper headquarters, killed presidential candidates in front of thousands and even killed a colombian soccer player for scoring an own goal.

here the trailer homes:

TLszT9sAktQ

HI-FI
11-11-2013, 04:02 AM
:lmao what? John Leguifaggot? play El Patron? holy shit that would be the biggest flop ever. goddam hollywood is shit

a real Escobar story would need a minimum 8 hours of film. The Colombian show actually has 100+ 45 minute episodes and it flies by. the story of Pablo Escobar Gaviria is an epic like the Godfather and shit. Dude bombed airliners, newspaper headquarters, killed presidential candidates in front of thousands and even killed a colombian soccer player for scoring an own goal.
:tu good stuff. definitely agree on him needing at least a trilogy to show everything.

buttsR4rebounding
11-11-2013, 06:05 AM
I here'd you.:rollin Instant classic!

Darkwaters
11-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Can you not agree that it worked well in today's game tbh? Perhaps it's worth a try?

We basically beat a D-League team. The Knicks are terrible...and that was before they lost Chandler. I wouldn't try and pull any major revelations from it.

Russo21
11-11-2013, 07:12 AM
ill burn down Pop's wine cellar if kawhi comes off the bench again

Rogue
11-11-2013, 09:07 AM
I think the spurs need Kawhi's defense in the starting lineups more than in the 2nd unit. Marco probably deserves a spot in the starting 5 but if someone needs to be relegated to the bench, it has to be Danny Green before anyone imho. You may try an offense-oriented alternative against scrubs teams like the NY without TC last night, but you would always need Kawhi's D in tough matchups imho. Green had a big name last night but you better not expect it to happy every night. The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while, that's all I wanna say.

Leetonidas
11-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes, let's put out best perimeter defender on the bench so he can guard the other team's bench players.

Dumbass

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes, let's put out best perimeter defender on the bench so he can guard the other team's bench players.

Dumbass

TheyCallMePro
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
I've always felt like Kawhi bogged the offense down to start games because of his lack of confidence with the ball in his hands. There's a lot of pressure to start and establish the flow of the game. It's much easier to come off the bench and just play. I think Pop should definitely keep trying this. Were spoiled rotten and were 6-1 but the truth is that Kawhi has struggled this year. He has not stepped up as he was expected to and it's hampering this team. At this point, I'm not at all surprised Pop has him coming off the bench.

I'm in the minority here, but to me Kawhi is just another quality role player. He's not and never will be a star because of three things: 1) He has no confidence with the ball in his hands and wants to get it out as quickly as possible. 2) His shot comes out very flat---there's very little arc on it and without using his strength he'll never be able to ISO. 3) He hates dribbling and tends to travel, carry the ball, and just be overall awkward with the ball in his hands. These are things that won't change because they have more to do with his personality than his ability. And people don't change.

Nobody thinks it could happen, but Kawhi could be traded soon. Were going to has have to pay him 12-16 million a year soon if we don't. I think that's why Pop has him coming off the bench. To let him know that he's not worth that much and that he's more in the area of Danny Green money (3-4 million a year) than super-star (12-16 million a year) money. The Spurs simply don't put as much value in players as other teams typically do. They're used to players sacrificing their salaries for the betterment of the team and I don't see Kawhi Leonard doing that.

wildchild
11-11-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm in the minority here, but to me Kawhi is just another quality role player. He's not and never will be a star because of three things: 1) He has no confidence with the ball in his hands and wants to get it out as quickly as possible. 2) His shot comes out very flat---there's very little arc on it and without using his strength he'll never be able to ISO. 3) He hates dribbling and tends to travel, carry the ball, and just be overall awkward with the ball in his hands. These are things that won't change because they have more to do with his personality than his ability. And people don't change.

I think the Spurs fans mayority give Leonard credit for his defensive instincts, his solid D game. Offense is a plus.
Kawhi's "our best perimeter defender" "he's better than Bruce" (Pop) and in these years as a pro making a damn good case that he's one of best defenders in the league ("and he's only 22" Pop-again).

I don't care if ppl overrated Leonard here or hate him, don't care if he's a better version of Iguodala or he'll be the new Matrix, don't care if he's going to become a star or can't be one.
I'm just saying that the best thing for the team is put him and his D in the starting lineup 'cause since RJefferson was traded Spurs are 70-19(.787%) with Leonard.

11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Kawhi coming off the bench. It does enable him to become a more focal point of the offense, which he may be ready for.

It would have to be on a game by game basis depending on match-ups. He'd have to start against the likes of Miami-OKC or any other team with a great small forward.

Evan Turner is playing well for the Sixers, so I suspect Kawhi could be right back to starting tonight.

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I've always felt like Kawhi bogged the offense down to start games because of his lack of confidence with the ball in his hands. There's a lot of pressure to start and establish the flow of the game. It's much easier to come off the bench and just play. I think Pop should definitely keep trying this. Were spoiled rotten and were 6-1 but the truth is that Kawhi has struggled this year. He has not stepped up as he was expected to and it's hampering this team. At this point, I'm not at all surprised Pop has him coming off the bench.

Nobody thinks it could happen, but Kawhi could be traded soon. Were going to has have to pay him 12-16 million a year soon if we don't. I think that's why Pop has him coming off the bench. To let him know that he's not worth that much and that he's more in the area of Danny Green money (3-4 million a year) than super-star (12-16 million a year) money. The Spurs simply don't put as much value in players as other teams typically do. They're used to players sacrificing their salaries for the betterment of the team and I don't see Kawhi Leonard doing that.
Great take man!

RD2191
11-11-2013, 04:09 PM

:lmao

RD2191
11-11-2013, 04:09 PM
tf outta here