PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this article?

whottt
07-26-2005, 05:25 PM
THE TRAGEDY OF ISLAM: For those of you looking for my column referenced in the Washington Post-Democrat this morning, here it is:

I take no pleasure in saying it. It pains me to think it. I could possibly lose my job in talk radio over admitting it. But it is the plain truth:

Islam is a terror organization.

For years, I’ve been trying to give the world’s Muslim community the benefit of the doubt, along with the benefit of my typical-American’s complete disinterest in their faith. Before 9/11, I knew nothing about Islam except the greeting “asalaam alaikum,” taught to me by a Pakistani friend in Chicago.

Immediately after 9/11, I nodded in ignorant agreement as President Bush assured me that “Islam is a religion of peace.”

But nearly four years later, nobody can defend that statement. And I mean “nobody.”

Certainly not the group of “moderate” Muslim clerics and imams who gathered in London last week to issue a statement on terrorism and their faith. When asked the question “Are suicide bombings always a violation of Islam,” they could not answer “Yes. Always.” Instead, these “moderate British Muslims” had to answer “It depends.”

Precisely what it depends on, news reports did not say. Sadly, given our new knowledge of Islam from the past four years, it probably depends on whether or not you’re killing Jews.

That is part of the state of modern Islam.

Another fact about the state of Islam is that a majority of Muslims in countries like Jordan continue to believe that suicide bombings are legitimate. Still another is the poll reported by a left-leaning British paper than only 73 percent of British Muslims would tell police if they knew about a planned terrorist attack.

The other 27 percent? They are a part of modern Islam, too.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations is outraged that I would dare to connect the worldwide epidemic of terrorism with Islam. They put it down to bigotry, asserting that a lifetime of disinterest in Islam has suddenly become blind hatred. They couldn’t be more wrong.

Not to be mean to the folks at CAIR, but I don’t: Care, that is. I simply don’t care about Islam, its theology, its history—I have no interest in it at all. All I care about is not getting blown to smithereens when I board a bus or ride a plane. I care about living in a world where terrorism and murder/suicide bombings are rejected by all.

And the reason Islam has itself become a terrorist organization is that it cannot address its own role in this violence. It cannot cast out the murderers from its members. I know it can’t, because “moderate” Muslim imams keep telling me they can’t. “We have no control over these radical young men,” one London imam moaned to the local papers.

Can’t kick ‘em out of your faith? Can’t excommunicate them? Apparently Islam does not allow it.

Islam cannot say that terrorism is forbidden to Muslims. I know this because when the world’s Muslim nations gathered after 9/11 to state their position on terrorism, they couldn’t even agree on what it was. How could they, when the world’s largest terror sponsors at the time were Iran and Saudi Arabia—both governed by Islamic law.

If the Boy Scouts of America had 1,000 scout troops, and 10 of them practiced suicide bombings, then the BSA would be considered a terrorist organization. If the BSA refused to kick out those 10 troops, that would make the case even stronger. If people defending terror repeatedly turned to the Boy Scout handbook and found language that justified and defended murder—and the scoutmasters in charge simply said “Could be”—the Boy Scouts would have driven out of America long ago.

Today, Islam has entire sects and grand mosques that preach terror. Its theology is used as a source of inspiration by terrorist murderers. Millions of Islam’s members give these killers support and comfort.

The question isn’t how dare I call Islam a terrorist organization, but rather why more people do not.

As I’ve said many times, I have great sympathy for those Muslims of good will who want their faith to be a true “religion of peace.” I believe that terrorism and murder do violate the sensibilities and inherent decency of the vast majority of the world’s Muslims. I believe they want peace.

Sadly, the organization and fundamental theology of Islam as it is constituted today allows for hatreds most Muslims do not share to thrive, and for criminals they oppose to operate in the name of their faith.

Many Muslims, I believe, know this to be true and some are acting on it. Not the members of CAIR, unfortunately: As Middle East analyst and expert Daniel Pipes has reported, “two of CAIR’s associates (Ghassan Elashi, Randall Royer) have been convicted on terrorism-related charges, one (Bassem Khafegi) convicted on fraud charges, two (Rabih Haddad, Bassem Khafegi) have been deported, and one (Siraj Wahhaj) remains at large.”

But Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf admits what CAIR will not. He’s called for a jihad against the jihadists. He’s putting his life on the line (Islamists have tried to assassinate him three times) in the battle to reclaim Islam and its fundamental decency.

He remembers, I’m sure, that at a time when Western, Christian civilization was on the verge of collapse, the Muslim world was a bastion of rationalism and tolerance. That was a great moment in the history of Islam, a moment that helped save the West.

Let’s hope Islam can now find the strength to save itself.

http://www.wmal.com/showdj.asp?djid=25410#mailbag

Bandit2981
07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Immediately after 9/11, I nodded in ignorant agreement as President Bush assured me that “Islam is a religion of peace.”

But nearly four years later, nobody can defend that statement. And I mean “nobody.”
Sorry, I stopped reading right there.

whottt
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Oh and...asalamalakum to you.

SWC Bonfire
07-26-2005, 05:31 PM
A very poorly, no, not researched article. Pure crap.

Bandit2981
07-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Oh and...asalamalakum to you.
I do apologize...I can only handle a certain amount of bigotry in a day. You seem to be immune.

whottt
07-26-2005, 05:35 PM
I do apologize...I can only handle a certain amount of bigotry in a day. You seem to be immune.

Well thanks for not blowing me up at least...I know it took restaint.

Nbadan
07-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Talking about castigating a whole religion over the extreme view of a marginal number of fanatics and fundamentalist. What if the world had done the same to Christianity during the crusades and inqusition?

Eh, the main reason we don't hear more about Muslim protest of violent acts in the name of Islam is because most indepedent Muslim newpapers are about as reliable as the National Enquirer with no-where near the circulation, and the state-run newspapers aren't gonna give much coverage to civil protests in Muslim countries.

This article reeks of religious war fevor and I can only guess the authors real motivation for publishing these views.

Nbadan
07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Check this out - This is a Good example of how crazy this anti-Islam, anti-Muslim fevor his gone - completely out of whack!

'ARAB AMERICAN' WRESTLER IS BANISHED FROM SMACKDOWN
Monday, July 25 2005

"Arab-American" wrestler Muhammad Hassan has taken a forced leave of absence from UPN's Smackdown after his appearance on the show two weeks ago -- on the day of the London bombings -- drew hundreds of complaints. A segment of the show, which aired in the United States but was edited out of the European broadcast, depicted a terrorist-like attack involving a group of masked Arab-Americans and a wrestling opponent. Joanna Massey, a spokeswoman for UPN, which airs SmackDown!, said that the network had asked World Wrestling Entertainment to remove episodes featuring Hassan "because it was the right thing to do." Hassan's real name is Mark Copani; he is an Italian-American Buddhist.

This guy isn't even a real Arab: He just plays one on TV, and hundreds of people wasted their valuable time calling UPN to complain?

:lol

Spurminator
07-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Read closer.

A segment of the show, which aired in the United States but was edited out of the European broadcast, depicted a terrorist-like attack involving a group of masked Arab-Americans and a wrestling opponent.

It's not the person people had a problem with. It was the depiction. I would guess Arab Americans were more offended than racist white folk.

Spurminator
07-26-2005, 06:05 PM
The column is no different than the countless other anti-Islam diatribes we've seen in here. Their tone is counterproductive to their purpose. You don't gain the sympathy and support of moderate Muslims by generalizing them all as terrorists. You only further the cause of the extremists.

When anti-Western Imams claim that America hates Islam and would like nothing more than to see the genocide of all Arabs, all they have to do is point to columns like these as evidence.

smackdaddy11
07-27-2005, 04:43 PM

Typical. You don't like the direction before you hear him out.

The old bigotry statement. Click the link below. This ex Muslim says I can ignore you. I think I'll just do that.

The column is no different than the countless other anti-Islam diatribes we've seen in here. Their tone is counterproductive to their purpose.

Not accoring to this ex-muslim, but he has no idea what he is talking about, being ex-muslim and all. After reading this, please go to the home page and look around. Might learn something. He even offers $$$ for a Muslim to prove the verses in the Koran don't mean what they say.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sinaprologue.htm

MannyIsGod
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
This will end this right here, it always does. :lol

Smack and Whottt, have either of you been to a Mosque yet?

smackdaddy11
07-27-2005, 05:42 PM

At least you dropped the bigot shit. The Ex Muslims tells me your the one with the problem. Let's see do I listen to them or you? Pfft.

Have you been President yet? Well, I guess your opinion is worthless when it comes to executive decisions.

No I haven't. You been an Imam?

I post an ex Mulsim who gets 200,000 + hits a month, where his death threats are posted, testimonials from ex muslims, actual verses from the Koran, his analysis and from you "been to a mosque?"

I'm sure you didn't spend more than 5 minutes there, don't lie.

There is enough info there for at least 2 hours. I know.

That's backing up the ol' side there, buddy.

Maybe you could link the democracies, religious tolerances, womens rights, gay rights, childrens rights, political freedoms and freedom of though that dominate the Middle East to help your arguement?

That eye droper you view the world through, doesn't it get stuck in your eye?

BTW, for a year after 9/11, I was telling the "Islam is peaceful" speech until I decided to do my own research and............................................

you regurgitate the politicla correct lines. Very sad.

The Ressurrected One
07-27-2005, 06:31 PM
That would explain your political retardation.

Bandit2981
07-27-2005, 06:36 PM
That would explain your political retardation.
Coming from the right-wing NBAdan, your opinion doesn't mean jack shit to anyone.

MannyIsGod
07-27-2005, 07:56 PM
:lmao

Smack Daddy, you are a bigot. And you're answers are predictable.

jochhejaam
07-27-2005, 08:16 PM
No new revelations in the article but it's solid. I didn't read anything in it that could be construed as blasphemous or even controversial.

Thanks whott.

Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
Billy Graham

whottt
07-29-2005, 01:55 AM
Talking about castigating a whole religion over the extreme view of a marginal number of fanatics and fundamentalist. What if the world had done the same to Christianity during the crusades and inqusition?

There would have been one less gruesome and murderous chapter in the World History? Besides...they did something similar, it just took them a long time to do it.

It almost sounds like you are defending the inquisitions...that offshoot needed to be destroyed..as did anyone who supported it.

And this is an Islamic inquisition...

Eh, the main reason we don't hear more about Muslim protest of violent acts in the name of Islam is because most indepedent Muslim newpapers are about as reliable as the National Enquirer with no-where near the circulation, and the state-run newspapers aren't gonna give much coverage to civil protests in Muslim countries.

This article reeks of religious war fevor and I can only guess the authors real motivation for publishing these views.

Um do you know what the recently murdered Egyptian ambassador to Iraq said to his daughter as he was leaving for Iraq?

"The terrorists won't do anything to me, I am a muslim".

Don't kid yourself...while most of them may not be fanatical enough to strap a bomb to themselves...they definitely don't view terrorism in the same light as we do...and many of them feel that the terrorists are on their side...

That perception is being cured now thanks to the Iraq was...where terrorists attack muslim civillians and dimplomats from anti-war country on a daily basis.

Sorry but Islam is now a primitive fucking religion and it needs to be modernized...it is a religion that condones and advocates terrorism and murder to non Muslims.

How do you guys think the Middle East came to be dominated by Islam? They slaughered and murdered non-muslims and forced it on to those who didn't get killed.

And the sad thing...Islam was more progressive then than it is now.

whottt
07-29-2005, 02:00 AM

Actually Manny I have. Not only that but I have dated a girl from Pakistan who I remain good friends with...

She was muslim and she has renounced Islam(actually all religion).

And she says it's a bigoted religion that preaches hate...even the ones that aren't terrorists by and large view non muslims as lesser people that need to be ruled by Islam.

She got sick of American muslims and their bigotry...she got sick of the fact that they would only by things from other muslims...she got sick of listening to them talk about how they hate America and Americans...and she asks the same thing many of us do...why are they here if they feel that way?

This girl's father regularly beat her in Pakistan because she wanted to have a job(and it's not a crime to do that in Pakistan BTW)....he tried to have her institutionalized. And the final straw was the mosques in the US that preach nothing but hate and bigotry...

IF I didn't know better I would be saying that woman writing that stuff posted by smackdaddy was the girl I knew...

Manny...just don't ever claim you are a supporter of womens rights....because you can't do that without condemning Islam. Read the Quran sometime.

You are naive if you think this current Islamic movement is a progressive or even liberal movement being held down by the man...it's a backwards movement out of the medievil era.

whottt
07-29-2005, 02:05 AM
And if any of you have read this article you would know that the guy isn't trying to create a religious war...

He just wants to see a strongly defined line between Islam and terroism...he wants them to see it the same way we do...

And he's right to want that...because if they don't see it that way...then they aren't going to give up any information concerning terrorists, as long as they feel it's muslims(any of them) VS the West....then they are going to be nothing but a sheild allowing terrorists places to hide...

Homey don't play that shit...

As someone once said at the beginning of all this...you are either with us, or you are with the terrorists...and the muslims need to make it clear beyond a shadow of a fucking doubt that they are with us, the free world, not "all muslims"...or I am not going to give a fuck about their rights VS the prospect of a nuked city. This isn't a game.

Nbadan
07-29-2005, 03:16 AM
There would have been one less gruesome and murderous chapter in the World History? Besides...they did something similar, it just took them a long time to do it.

It almost sounds like you are defending the inquisitions...that offshoot needed to be destroyed..as did anyone who supported it.

And this is an Islamic inquisition...

Ummm no, what I am saying is that at one time, Rome thought the inqusitions and crusades were neccessary and thousands of Christians stood silent as whole villages of Muslims and others who needed to be converted were slaughtered - women, children, the elderly, everybody.

If you seriously think that these attacks are part of a Islamic inquisition than the extremists have already won the War on Terror. Because what they want is the same thing that fundamentalist Christians want - a world-wide holy war.

sbsquared
07-29-2005, 01:05 PM
You are sooo wrong Dan - fundamentalist Christians do not want a holy war. Sure, they would like to see more of the world converted to christianity, but that's because we sincerely and truly believe that our faith is the only way to salvation and eternal life in heaven and that those who don't repent and accept Jesus Christ as their savior will spend eternity in hell.

But, we also realize that we can't make people believe and we certainly don't want to kill everyone who doesn't believe as we do! I realize that you are very anti-christianity, but please don't lump born-again christians into the same group as fundamentalist Muslims - there couldn't be more difference!

JoeChalupa
07-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Well his pie-hole got him a suspension.

Washington Talk Host Suspended Over Remarks (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/28/AR2005072802241.html)

Michael Graham was suspended by station WMAL-AM yesterday for repeatedly describing Islam as a "terrorist organization" on his program. Graham, 42, said on his mid-morning program on Monday that the fault for recent acts of terrorism lies not with Islamic radicals alone but also with Muslims generally because religious leaders and followers have tacitly supported extreme elements.

-- See, there are right-wing whackos out there.