PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Kevin Love..

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Is he the most difficult player to rank in the NBA, tbh?..

He doesn't play defense, obviously, but as an offensive player, he's by far the best big man in the league and probably a top 3 player IMO..not only as a scorer, but as a passer, too..he's also arguably the best rebounder in the league..

But he has never made the playoffs and you could argue his numbers are emptier than other superstars, I suppose..

What do you guys think of him?..

ElNono
11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
American Nowitzki, tbh... he's just stuck on a team who doesn't have an owner like Cubes...

ace3g
11-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Kurt Helin @basketballtalk
(http://twitter.com/basketballtalk)Minnesota with a franchise record 47 points in the first quarter. Lakers 23 on 36.4 shooting. I see one playoff team at Staples tonight.

AchillesHeel
11-10-2013, 10:16 PM
his offense is just so great that I'd be willing to live with his poor defense. He's money from anywhere on the floor, has a nice post game and will rebound like a beast. There are only so many decent offensive bigs in this league anyways, his defense will not be that big of a problem.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:17 PM

He doesn't play defense, obviously, but as an offensive player, he's by far the best big man in the league and probably a top 3 player IMO..not only as a scorer, but as a passer, too..he's also arguably the best rebounder in the league..

But he has never made the playoffs and you could argue his numbers are emptier than other superstars, I suppose..

Whats frustrating about all this is Lakers could have had him for Pau Gasol ...PAU GASOL

racm
11-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Plays O and D like Dirk, rebounds like Moses Malone. I like him.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 10:18 PM
his offense is just so great that I'd be willing to live with his poor defense. He's money from anywhere on the floor, has a nice post game and will rebound like a beast. There are only so many decent offensive bigs in this league anyways, his defense will not be that big of a problem.

I agree, especially since you can cover up his deficiencies with a defensive C, which isn't difficult to find nowadays, tbh..

Nowitzki was a better defender than Love, Dirk's defense wasn't as bad as advertised during his prime IMO, but he was average at best, yet it was never really exploited by opposing teams to a harmful extent IIRC..

Arcadian
11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
There have been many players in NBA history who were amazing offensively but didn't give a fuck on defense. You just have to weigh those against each other, look at the overall impact on team success, and decide how good he is overall. Not really that hard.

ElNono
11-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Durability is a question too, tbh

Killakobe81
11-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Great point ...concerned about that too

Xylus
11-10-2013, 11:52 PM
It's not very often you see an elite rebounder who doesn't play great defense. He's an anomaly for sure.

Killakobe81
11-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Great point ...concerned about that too durability.

CitizenDwayne
11-10-2013, 11:53 PM
his offense is just so great that I'd be willing to live with his poor defense.

HI-FI
11-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I thought he was a huge reason why the US won the Gold Medal in the Olympics. He seemed to come up with big rebounds every single time. I think it's hard to rate him too because of the durability issues. If he can stay healthy, he could be more than a poor man's Nowitzki.

Jacob1983
11-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Comparing this scrub to Dirk? You serious?

scanry
11-11-2013, 01:51 AM
It's very surprising to see him not contribute a lick on the defensive end when he's grabbing 13 - 15 boards a game. That in itself should automatically make you a defensive anchor.

He's been given the free rein and he's too busy jacking up jump shots tbh.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 01:59 AM
Comparing this scrub to Dirk? You serious?

He's a jumpshooter, much like Dirk... I think Dirk is the better shooter, but Love rebounds better... Dirk was also much more durable and did it in the big stage, tbh

Jacob1983
11-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Dirk proved in game 2 of the 2011 Finals that he isn't solely a jump shooter and will go to the basket when the game is on the line.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Dirk proved in game 2 of the 2011 Finals that he isn't solely a jump shooter and will go to the basket when the game is on the line.

Jacob, we're comparing styles of play. Neither Love or Dirk fit the mold of the typical 'big'. Dirk obviously been there and done that.

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 02:17 AM
Comparing a stat-padder on a perennial lottery team to a 25&10 playoff big, huh.

Jacob1983
11-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Let's see if Kevin Love can lead a team to a winning record before the Dirk comparisons.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Let's see if Kevin Love can lead a team to a winning record before the Dirk comparisons.

That's something I noted above.

Jacob1983
11-11-2013, 02:31 AM
Don't the Timberwolves have the longest active playoff drought in the NBA?

FkLA
11-11-2013, 02:33 AM
Kevin Love is a little bitch tbh. Arguably the greatest stat whore of all-time.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Don't the Timberwolves have the longest active playoff drought in the NBA?

yeah, but Love has been hurt the past two or three seasons... he's been putting up 20/15 for the past 3 seasons...

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2013, 02:37 AM
Kevin Love HAS to be compared to Dirk, cause there's no other tall white guy to compare him to. Kinda like how short white receivers are always compared to wes welker

scanry
11-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Dirk is a pimp tbh. His 2011 playoff run in itself puts him up right there.

He single handily beat OKC in 2011. That was an amazing 2 - 3 game stretch. :toast

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Sons no question when it comes to tall white guys, dirk is dat nigga.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2013, 02:53 AM
difference between dirk and love

love, theres not a shot he doesnt love taking...in other words another chucker

dirk only takes open 3s, u never see him go outside of the system to chuck it up if his not confident in making it...midrange game he just too dangerous once he puts the ball on the floor and leans back with the jumper

Rogue
11-11-2013, 06:35 AM
I agree with my nigga Jacob, Love's offensive game ain't yet nowhere close to the prime Dirk's imho. Dirk could rip apart the opposing defense almost single-handedly. Love might be a perfect #2 banana on a winning team, but he's definitely not a go-to guy when shit really matters, not to say Dirk's midrange game belongs in a class of his own.

Raven
11-11-2013, 06:40 AM
It's not very often you see an elite rebounder who doesn't play great defense. He's an anomaly for sure.

it's actually the standard. You could make a case that great rebounders are terrible defenders more often than not. The argument works for great rebounders with 3+ blocks per game though:lol

mudyez
11-11-2013, 06:45 AM
ladies and gentleman, my 10GM fantasy team:

rose, westbrook, bledsoe
thompson, leonard, butler
LOVE, hordford, unibrow

drummond, barnes, beverley, korver

my fellow GM friends really skrewed up :D

Rogue
11-11-2013, 06:49 AM
GM? is it some basketball managing simulation game like FM? I've always been looking for a badass basketball-managing PC game (not the online ones) tbh.

mudyez
11-11-2013, 06:56 AM
GM? is it some basketball managing simulation game like FM? I've always been looking for a badass basketball-managing PC game (not the online ones) tbh.

GM=general managers (maybe managers would have been enough)...it's simply a 9 cat h2h yahoo league

AchillesHeel
11-11-2013, 07:43 AM

Just download NBA 2K-whatever and have fun, you don't have to play any games.

Rogue
11-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Dynasty modes are not realistic enough imho, no matter whether it's 2k or NBA live (I've never played 2k games but I assume its dynasty mode is pretty much the same). Trades are very unrealistic, for instance, like you can always make up a team of superstars only if you have gained enough knowledge of the interest bar to make it work for you. Some FM games are very real because you can hardly sign any star players, and it ain't only about how much money you bid, but the player's interest and your team's reputation as well. It's like when I'm playing CM01/02 (with up-to-date data), I may bid 30m something for Messi and Barce would accept my offer in a heartbeat anytime but Messi himself would never accept my contract offer because midget has no interest joining my team. Playing NBA live Dynasty mode, you may pack a few role players (75-80 rating something) and propose a trade for Lebron, and the Heat would accept your offer but in the real life the Heat would never make a deal like that imho.

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM

He's useless in terms of winning games. He's got a solid team around him, and he puts up big numbers, but they still suck. He doesn't make his teammates better, he's not interested in winning, he's just getting a paycheck and gathering stats. I've no respect for the guy. He's got a solid game, no doubt, but big deal.

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Kevin Love HAS to be compared to Dirk, cause there's no other tall white guy to compare him to. Kinda like how short white receivers are always compared to wes welker

No, he's the white Dwight Howard except for FTs, 3's and points, oh and babies, trades and coached killed.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
No, he's the white Dwight Howard except for FTs, 3's and points, oh and babies, trades and coached killed.

:lol