PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Goodbye Kobe, it was a good run

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:16 PM
My predictions are not always accurate, but there is no way you can convince me Kobe will come back to this shit team by the end of this year. Matter of fact, by the time it's Christmas day and he returns, this team will be in the .300 range, Pau will be on the verge of another injury per par, and Kobe will play about 20-30 games before he decides to sit out for the year. I also wouldnt be surprised if he signed with another team next season.

AchillesHeel
11-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I could see Kirby finishing his career in Philly, tbh. They got a nice set of young guns along with Evan Turner and Noel will be playing next year + they'll probably pick in the top 5-10 range in the draft and they have enough cap space to pay Kirby whatever he wants so why not retire at your home town?

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I could see Kirby finishing his career in Philly, tbh. They got a nice set of young guns along with Evan Turner and Noel will be playing next year + they'll probably pick in the top 5-10 range in the draft and they have enough cap space to pay Kirby whatever he wants so why not retire at your home town?

I always knew 2 things for sure as a Laker fan. 1) When Buss dies this franchise derails for atleast 5 years 2) Kobe's career will end on a very low note. Like very very low note

I am right about 1 of 2 so far, when Lakers got Dwight and Nash last year my Laker friends were trolling me for saying Kobe will not go out with a bang like MJ. But its obvious now Kobe's no longer able to be that guy anymore.

Calispursfan11
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Do you think a coaching change could help or no way anything can help at this point?

Suspect
11-10-2013, 10:21 PM
lol meltdown

Clipper Nation
11-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I just hope Doc tells Kirby no if he tries to beg his way on to the Clippers out of spite, tbh.... he almost did it in '04, I could see him trying it again, tbh....

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Disagree, tbh..

Kobe is more likely to come back if LA continues struggling since the expectations are very low..Kobe doesn't deserve blame for their poor record, everybody knows the roster is arguably the worst in the league, he might as well return and chase the career points record, it gives the fans something worth watching this year..

It doesn't make sense for him to waste more time when he's in reach of Jordan's points number, tbh..

AchillesHeel
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I always knew 2 things for sure as a Laker fan. 1) When Buss dies this franchise derails for atleast 5 years 2) Kobe's career will end on a very low note. Like very very low note

I am right about 1 of 2 so far, when Lakers got Dwight and Nash last year my Laker friends were trolling me for saying Kobe will not go out with a bang like MJ. But its obvious now Kobe's no longer able to be that guy anymore.

Kirby will still be able to score 25-35 on a given night, but your team just sucks so much ass that his efforts are pointless, once he sees that he'll only be getting paid 12-15 mil to work even harder than before to be on that same level, he will either retire as a Laker or he will bolt for another team with better assets. He wants the scoring record and he wants another shot at a ring, he will realize that LA is going nowhere and more likely than not he'll do what Manning did and join a team with more firepower to get another shot at a championship, tbh.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Do you think a coaching change could help or no way anything can help at this point?

Honestly, after passing on Phil for D'antoni I had a long "discussion" with Laker friends on Facebook. I told them this will be 'the move' that derails the franchise for 5-10 years. All my typical Laker friends responded in the common manner,' Na man! D'antoni never had 24 on his team. He's gonna take this team to the next level.'

The reality is, this organization is dysfunctional from top to bottom. Nothing can help. Midnight said it best 4-6 months ago in a talk we had, the Lakers delayed rebuilding waaaaay too long and this is the price they have to pay. This team fades into oblivion for a solid 4-5 years, and even with all the money in the world theres no way Lebron would want to come to LA when he has a great thing in Miami.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I just hope Doc tells Kirby no if he tries to beg his way on to the Clippers out of spite, tbh.... he almost did it in '04, I could see him trying it again, tbh....

Actually I agree with you. This move makes a ton of sense for him. I know hes going to want to do this so bad, the question is if hes willing to hurt his legacy (money in selling shoes) to make this move or if its better to just retire.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Disagree, tbh..

Kobe is more likely to come back if LA continues struggling since the expectations are very low..Kobe doesn't deserve blame for their poor record, everybody knows the roster is arguably the worst in the league, he might as well return and chase the career points record, it gives the fans something worth watching this year..

It doesn't make sense for him to waste more time when he's in reach of Jordan's points number, tbh..

In all fairness, as horrific as the team is, the focal point of this teams problem are Fredo and D'antoni. Granted many of us Laker fans were losing faith in Jerry circa 2005-2008, he always found a way to make things make sense with each passing season. Jim is way in over his head, he has no idea what hes doing.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't think D'Antoni is even close to the problem, tbh..

He will never win your team a title, but he's a proven coach that can win you regular season games and a round or 2 in the playoffs, he has done it before..he's not going to win you a title, but this year's Lakers team isn't anywhere near there from a talent perspective, anyways..

The problem is that the Lakers hired D'Antoni to coach a team that didn't fit his style of coaching at all, last year..D'Antoni's system and reputation was already established, he has a run&gun system that doesn't promote post play and is built around playing his starters heavy minutes..why would you hire him to coach a team with old players and very few run&gun players?..why would you hire him to coach a team with Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol?..why would you hire him to coach a team with serious championship aspirations?..

D'Antoni is a good coach for this current Lakers roster because their talent is very limited, and he generally does a good job of emphasizing the strengths of 1-dimensional offensive players..this Lakers team would be winless with most other coaches IMO..

The problem is directly related to Jim Buss and Lakers' management for hiring D'Antoni to coach last year's team and for building this roster..have you guys looked at this Lakers roster? It's one of the worst rosters I've ever seen, tbh..if they had Pop, they would still be horrible, it's mostly bench warmers and failed rotation players..

Realistically, the Lakers aren't going to be contenders for another 5 years or so, unless they can acquire Kevin Love and another superstar, but I can't even think of a viable option, tbh..

Arnold Toht
11-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I would be fine with it if he retires by season's end.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't think D'Antoni is even close to the problem, tbh..

He will never win your team a title, but he's a proven coach that can win you regular season games and a round or 2 in the playoffs, he has done it before..

The problem is that the Lakers hired D'Antoni to coach a team that didn't fit his style of coaching at all last year..D'Antoni's system and reputation was already established, he has a run&gun system that doesn't promote post play and is built around playing his starters heavy minutes..why would you hire him to coach a team with old players and very few run&gun players?..

D'Antoni is a good coach for this current Lakers roster because their talent is very limited, and he generally does a good job of emphasizing the strengths of offensive players..this Lakers team would be winless with most other coaches IMO..

The problem is directly related to Jim Buss and Lakers' management for hiring D'Antoni to coach last year's team and for building this roster..have you guys looked at this Lakers roster? It's one of the worst rosters I've ever seen, tbh..if they had Pop, they would still be horrible..

And that in itself is the problem. For all of Mitch's greatness, he hasnt made those little moves this past few seasons to make this team solid. He could have traded Gasol for Love they didnt. Could have traded Dwight for half of the Golden State Warriors they chose to pursue the begging instead. They lost their picks for Nash. I mean, if ever there was a case of check mate it would be now. The only chance we have is the name and location of this city, otherwise we'd be the Raptors.

ElNono
11-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Lakers are signing Carmelo... tbh, all they need is to sell those expensive tickets and that's the kind of signing they need to do that.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Lakers are signing Carmelo... tbh, all they need is to sell those expensive tickets and that's the kind of signing they need to do that.

Id rather they not sign Carmelo...though it would be fun to regularly see La La on TV. Dat azz....but seriously Carmelo sucks. He's like C-Webb...great talent but he misses that 'it' factor that champions have.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh man that ass....Kobe u fucked up by marrying that bean dip

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/la-la-and-carmelo-209x300.jpg

ElNono
11-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Id rather they not sign Carmelo...though it would be fun to regularly see La La on TV. Dat azz....but seriously Carmelo sucks. He's like C-Webb...great talent but he misses that 'it' factor that champions have.

It's the James Dolan move... which is the same thing Fredo did when he signed Nash... bright lights, smoke and mirrors, season tickets sold... the rest is gravy

FuzzyLumpkins
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
:lol Lakers fans quitting and its not even 10 games in.

fair weather faggots

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 11:11 PM
:lol Lakers fans quitting and its not even 10 games in.

fair weather faggots

Yes, because those Laker fans that still believe when Kobe comes back this teams making a run are real fans. Its not about quitting, its the obvious mathematics. It was obvious the moment Dwight left and the Lakers said theyre planning to make moves in 2014.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Yes, because those Laker fans that still believe when Kobe comes back this teams making a run are real fans. Its not about quitting, its the obvious mathematics. It was obvious the moment Dwight left and the Lakers said theyre planning to make moves in 2014.

Obvious mathematics?

:rollin mental resilience

it seems to me that a true Lakers fans only have hope if it's a sure thing. obvious quitting is more like it.

da_suns_fan
11-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Kobe's primary concern will be MONEY.

scanry
11-10-2013, 11:30 PM
If i were Kobe, i'd call Ind, LAC, SA & Chi in that very order during the off-season. I'm pretty sure all of them would gladly take him in.

He would actually fit right in with the Bulls though.

Killakobe81
11-10-2013, 11:44 PM

You are probably right ...but Lakers are bigger than Kobe. Love to see him back. But just wanna see Lakers contend in 2 years with or without Kobe.

Thebesteva
11-10-2013, 11:50 PM
You are probably right ...but Lakers are bigger than Kobe. Love to see him back. But just wanna see Lakers contend in 2 years with or without Kobe.

I agree, and in time im confident Lakers will be back on top. I just didnt think Jim Buss would be this bad

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Kobe's primary concern will be MONEY.

And the points record, tbh..

I find it funny that there are people that actually believe he would sign with a contender for cheap:lol..

scanry
11-10-2013, 11:56 PM
I agree, and in time im confident Lakers will be back on top. I just didnt think Jim Buss would be this bad

I've never seen (atleast in my time) the Lakers rebuild. They've always been incredibly fortunate enough to retool and get back into the mix of things.

If i were Jeanie, i'd stage a revolt and boot Fredo of the board and do whatever it takes to get Durant and Paul George on board. The compatibility will be off the charts tbh.

ezau
11-11-2013, 12:14 AM

Well that's just bringing the current Knicks team to the West, tbh. If that ever happens, what would happen to Kobe?

Thebesteva
11-11-2013, 12:26 AM
I've never seen (atleast in my time) the Lakers rebuild. They've always been incredibly fortunate enough to retool and get back into the mix of things.

If i were Jeanie, i'd stage a revolt and boot Fredo of the board and do whatever it takes to get Durant and Paul George on board. The compatibility will be off the charts tbh.

1990-2000, 10 years of rebuilding BS. Jones and Van Exel were fun but monkey ballers to the max

ElNono
11-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Well that's just bringing the current Knicks team to the West, tbh. If that ever happens, what would happen to Kobe?

nothing... he'll do his best run melo out...

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 12:37 AM
And the points record, tbh..

I find it funny that there are people that actually believe he would sign with a contender for cheap:lol..

For cheap? No.but at a discount maybe. But if he left would love to see him pair up with Dirk or Tim for one last shot. This place we we would implode if Kobe Bryant came to SA ...

baseline bum
11-11-2013, 12:57 AM

Hard to go out much lower than Jordan RT.

scanry
11-11-2013, 01:06 AM
1990-2000, 10 years of rebuilding BS. Jones and Van Exel were fun but monkey ballers to the max

You're kidding yourself if you don't think the 1996 off season didn't make the Lakers legit.

ezau
11-11-2013, 01:07 AM
nothing... he'll do his best run melo out...

True:lol

Thebesteva
11-11-2013, 02:17 AM
You're kidding yourself if you don't think the 1996 off season didn't make the Lakers legit.

Absolutely it did, but 1990-2000 was a rebuilding period. Getting swept and fucked in the ass by the Jazz season after season was beyond frustrating as a Laker fan. I remember all of us being devestated after Kobe's airballs against Utah and every talk radio here poking fun at Kobe for being a wanna be Jordan.

NRHector
11-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Obvious mathematics?

:rollin mental resilience

it seems to me that a true Lakers fans only have hope if it's a sure thing. obvious quitting is more like it.

:tu

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 02:36 AM
if Kobe Bryant came to SA ...

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2013, 02:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI

:cry goobye kobr, why kobr why did you have to go :cry

AchillesHeel
11-11-2013, 02:42 AM
For cheap? No.but at a discount maybe. But if he left would love to see him pair up with Dirk or Tim for one last shot. This place we we would implode if Kobe Bryant came to SA ...

It would be fitting for him, Pop has a great deal of respect due to all the playoff battles they've had, and we could use his playmaking abilities. I think he'd give us a solid 20 minutes off the bench.

Bulaien999
11-11-2013, 02:43 AM
This thread delivers and I can't even poke fun because rockets been in disarray for the longest.

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2013, 02:47 AM
The only way the spurs would have got kobe was if he got amnestied and the Spurs got a one year rental, He didn't, so Kobe will retire a Laker. Duncan's done after next year anyway

Clipper Nation
11-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Honest question for Lakerfan/Kirbystan.... which team would you least like to see Kirby play for if Fredo were to let him walk - the Celtics, the Clippers, or the Spurs?

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Honest question for Lakerfan/Kirbystan.... which team would you least like to see Kirby play for if Fredo were to let him walk - the Celtics, the Clippers, or the Spurs?

if fredo let him walk no chance kobe ends up here..............ZERO. If Fredo was gonna let him walk her would have amnestied him tbqh

scanry
11-11-2013, 03:01 AM
Absolutely it did, but 1990-2000 was a rebuilding period. Getting swept and fucked in the ass by the Jazz season after season was beyond frustrating as a Laker fan. I remember all of us being devestated after Kobe's airballs against Utah and every talk radio here poking fun at Kobe for being a wanna be Jordan.

You'all had like a season of rebuilding in 1994-1995. That's it. Shaq hopped on board in 1996, Kobe was drafted the same year and the Lakers were winning 55 + games straight out. That's more like retooling tbh.

Moreover a team doesn't need to rebuilt when they have a freak of nature dominant big man bullying through the league.

scanry
11-11-2013, 03:07 AM

Celtics: The rivalry is long gone and it's not like him on the Celtics will make them any better.

Spurs: As long as Duncan is on board, it will make them look a tad desperate. But Kobe can actually help them in the playoffs.

Clippers: This will sting them the most tbh. The smirk on Sterling's face will not be pleasant for them Lakers.

I could add Miami, but they're not as hated by the Lakers as before. I think they've come to accept Lebron as a player and i think they've moved on.

ezau
11-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Kirby will be an excellent backup to Danny Green. Kirby would come off the bench, spot up in the corner and chuck threes from there.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2013, 03:40 AM
imo he play till he breaks total points scored, then maybe just maybe he go for the dpoy

spurraider21
11-11-2013, 03:57 AM
its chill. the lakers have cap space. they got this

AchillesHeel
11-11-2013, 05:56 AM
its chill. the lakers have cap space. they got this

oh yes, Lowry and Melo will lift them to contender status :lmao

Raven
11-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Kirby will be an excellent backup to Danny Green. Kirby would come off the bench, spot up in the corner and chuck threes from there.

that's a terrible idea, kobe is among the worst 3pt shooters ever to play the game, he can't defend either and can't get to the ft line (his main quality) if he does not have the ball in his hands.. at least, not out of LA.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:26 PM

There is only ONE ANSWER any REAL Laker fan would give:

Celtics. Period.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I would be fine with it if he retires by season's end.

I'll let him know.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:35 PM
if fredo let him walk no chance kobe ends up here..............ZERO. If Fredo was gonna let him walk her would have amnestied him tbqh

I disagree. If Fredo amnesties Kobe, Fredo gets taken fishing by the fans. If Kobe walks of his own accord, Kobe gets the blame and Fredo gets to keep leg riding Michael and Robert Duvall.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
that's a terrible idea, kobe is among the worst 3pt shooters ever to play the game, he can't defend either and can't get to the ft line (his main quality) if he does not have the ball in his hands.. at least, not out of LA.

If Kobe can get close to what he was he would be a great asset to Sa, because Pop would require him to play defense. a great system like that would get Kobe easy looks and require less iso and if Kobe has anything left a chance to play with duncan a humble big so highly skilled but with more heart than Pau ...would rejuvenate him.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
If Kobe can get close to what he was he would be a great asset to Sa, because Pop would require him to play defense. a great system like that would get Kobe easy looks and require less iso and if Kobe has anything left a chance to play with duncan a humble big so highly skilled but with more heart than Pau ...would rejuvenate him.

No one wants Cancer in SA. Duncan will retire a legend, not an enabler for chucker.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
No one wants Cancer in SA. Duncan will retire a legend, not an enabler for chucker.

Personally I would rather him retire. but as celebrity starved as SA is ... most of the haters would embrace him with open arms. Only the true diehard Spur fans would hold the line. I can see it now all those clips like in doing work where he praises Manu, tim and Pop would play along side the HEB commercials and be reported in the Express News. he would buy a fat crib in Stone Oak and yuck it up with the military personnel he gets great pub and the general fan base would eat that up ...

baseline bum
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't want Kobe on the Spurs at all. If it was pre-Achilles Kobe then of course I'd want him on the team, but I doubt he comes back the same player and I could see the situation playing out just like it did with Ewing in New York when he refused to accept that he wasn't good enough anymore to be having the offense run through him every possession.

Mugen
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
:lol I'd rather bring RJ back than take on Kirby tbh.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Personally I would rather him retire. but as celebrity starved as SA is ... most of the haters would embrace him with open arms. Only the true diehard Spur fans would hold the line. I can see it now all those clips like in doing work where he praises Manu, tim and Pop would play along side the HEB commercials and be reported in the Express News. he would buy a fat crib in Stone Oak and yuck it up with the military personnel he gets great pub and the general fan base would eat that up ...

SA never gave a flying fuck about celebrities. The fans don't care, and most are turned off by it. That's why our legends have been low key guys. No one wants a sex offender in their neighborhood, and although his Mexican, uneducated wife would fit right in, he wouldn't like riding the pine at the AT@T center, getting shit minutes behind Danny Green or playing P&R in trash time with Bonner.

Sorry, you made this overhyped expensive piece of shit, you flush it.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't want Kobe on the Spurs at all. If it was pre-Achilles Kobe then of course I'd want him on the team, but I doubt he comes back the same player and I could see the situation playing out just like it did with Ewing in New York when he refused to accept that he wasn't good enough anymore to be having the offense run through him every possession.

Doubt it happens but if it did i think Pop keeps him in line ...
Smart move is for Kobe to rest until he is as close to 100% he will ever get. allow the Lakers to unintentionally tank ... and then offer to rescind his veto (i think it is the last year of that provision since his deal expires) to chase 6. Sure it would get some grumbles but in the end as long as he contributed even as a #2 or #3 I assume it would mean something to him.

All the speculation about what he would be willing to do is all psycho-analysis crap. I dont know that he would be cool with playing a secondary role and neither do yall that he won't.
I agree he has an ego and is a a-hole but he APPEARS to covet winning as much or more than he loves shooting ...
but when he has had good support he has utilized it more ... so we shall see. I prefer he doesnt leave but if he did I don't blame him. Lakers are in rebuild mode and his clock is ticking ...

spurraider21
11-11-2013, 01:52 PM
post achilles kobe would barely improve the bobcats tbh

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
SA never gave a flying fuck about celebrities. The fans don't care, and most are turned off by it. That's why our legends have been low key guys. No one wants a sex offender in their neighborhood, and although his Mexican, uneducated wife would fit right in, he wouldn't like riding the pine at the AT@T center, getting shit minutes behind Danny Green or playing P&R in trash time with Bonner.

Sorry, you made this overhyped expensive piece of shit, you flush it.

What?! I lived in SA. yall ate up the Tony/Eva crap like yall do that shitty-ass Tex Mex. Again I am not speaking of the die hard fans.
But even some of them whine about lack of exposure and media bias. YOu post upstairs ...so don't deny some of your fans DO care about it. Sure he is past his prime but Kobe brings celebrity and star power. Heck yall were begging for vince Carter, TMAc and Corey Maggette. Most of teh fanbase despite Kobe hate would FLIP if the Mamba landed in the 210 ...

Stop lying to yourself ...

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Doubt it happens but if it did i think Pop keeps him in line ...
Smart move is for Kobe to rest until he is as close to 100% he will ever get. allow the Lakers to unintentionally tank ... and then offer to rescind his veto (i think it is the last year of that provision since his deal expires) to chase 6. Sure it would get some grumbles but in the end as long as he contributed even as a #2 or #3 I assume it would mean something to him.

All the speculation about what he would be willing to do is all psycho-analysis crap. I dont know that he would be cool with playing a secondary role and neither do yall that he won't.
I agree he has an ego and is a a-hole but he APPEARS to covet winning as much or more than he loves shooting ...
but when he has had good support he has utilized it more ... so we shall see. I prefer he doesnt leave but if he did I don't blame him. Lakers are in rebuild mode and his clock is ticking ...

You saw how Pop kept Jax in line, by releasing him just short of the playoffs. That was a radical move, likely necessitated by a serious infraction. Pop doesn't want a known uncoachable has been on his team. He's been there, learned his lesson.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
You saw how Pop kept Jax in line, by releasing him just short of the playoffs. That was a radical move, likely necessitated by a serious infraction. Pop doesn't want a known uncoachable has been on his team. He's been there, learned his lesson.

Sjax ... and Kobe nice comparison ...

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Kobe would play in Miami to get another ring before he did anything but retire a Laker. The only thing he wants more than retiring a Laker is that ring so he can say he's close to Mike on paper. We all know better, and he'd rather have the MVP+ that, but that's not going to happen and Germany is out of solutions for him.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Great thread though ...
Man has an achilles no return in sight and he still trends in the forum ...so what do you think would happen if he signed in SA?!

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Sjax ... and Kobe nice comparison ...

That's how Pop deals with uncoachable players.

DMC
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Great thread though ...
Man has an achilles no return in sight and he still trends in the forum ...so what do you think would happen if he signed in SA?!

Nothing, just like when TMac did.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Personally where Kobe plays next year is less interest to me than where we land in the lottery right now.
I just hope he waits until he is fully healed and then makes the best choice for his career. He owes us nothing. And we owe him nothing but respect. If he wants too much to return ...Although I would hate to see him go I would let him walk. Same as Dwight. Like I said only Lebron and KD are worth a max deal in new CBA ... as good as Kobe was last year he is not worth anywhere close to $24 million ...

baseline bum
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Great thread though ...

He'd have a disappointing final 2 seasons and retire, just like Jordan.

ElNono
11-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he goes to the Pelicans, tbh... he has the copout that he was drafted by the "Hornets" (never mind it was the Charlotte Hornets back then). That's a team with a relatively up and coming solid big, somebody he can coattail, and he can pretty much ask for whatever money he wants while chucking shots to keep his record chasing...

hater
11-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Kobe is already most marketable player in history of the game.

He is the king of the chinese market, the most enormous market in the planet. He owns LA and everything in it. Why in the world would he go somewhere else :lol to phylly? :lmao

it's like Zeus moving from Mt Olympus to Hamburger Hill :lol

the only question is, how will he come back from injury? will he limp to retirement or become a top 5 player again? that is the only question. all other questions have been answered. He'll be the king of the world and stay in his throne, LA

ElNono
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
The obvious destination is Chicago, tbh... would be the ultimate MJ-wannabe moment... the problem is the Bulls would need to tear up their team to sign him up, tbh...

ambchang
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Zero chance the Lakers will ever let Kobe walk. Pulls in too much revenue.

And Kobe will NEVER EVER play for the Spurs. Small market, requires team ball, he won't be able to chuck to his heart's content, not favourites to win the title in the near future, system that doesn't fit with his mentality, little to no advertising $, no $4M diamond rings, few unattractive white female hotel workers, ... I mean, there is not a single thing that the Spurs have that Kobe wants.

da_suns_fan
11-11-2013, 02:48 PM
San Antonio has a 53 million dollar payroll next year. The only feasible way they'd get Kobe is with a huge sign and trade that the Lakers probably wouldnt accept.

Kobe's going to want 20+ million for four years. Looking at salaries, theres only a handful of teams that he could possibly land at:

1) Lakers (most likely..Mitch will probably continue to grossly overpay him for the next five years).
2) Philadelphia (Kobe's home town and a big market)
3) Dallas (Kobe and Cuban would be fun and Kobe would probably enjoy sticking it to the Lakers four times a year if they didnt pay him as much as Cuban)
4) Phoenix (no chance in hell...we wouldnt want him for free).

Raven
11-11-2013, 02:48 PM

that doesn't make much sense, green is obviously better.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM
He'd have a disappointing final 2 seasons and retire, just like Jordan.

Well at lease he would have that in common ...
Spurs almost beat Heat not saying they could get back but if they did Im pretty sure kobe would not miss clutch FT's ...just sayin'

Mugen
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Kirby would rather chase Kareem getting 20+mil with the Lakers than be a 2nd/3rd banana on a championship contender tbh.

Splits
11-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Few unattractive white female hotel workers

:lmao

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
that doesn't make much sense, green is obviously better.

yep. sure looked it in games 6 & 7 ...

Raven
11-11-2013, 04:11 PM
yep. sure looked it in games 6 & 7 ...

ahem, i don't remember kobe doing anything in those games either tbh

Clipper Nation
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Great thread though ...
He only "trends" in here because Lakertrolls keep it that way, tbh.....

BlackSwordsMan
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
kobe tired old shit bag

Baseline
11-11-2013, 06:18 PM
All Bryant cares about at this stage is scoring points. So all of this is setting up nicely for what he really cares about: the total points record. Of course, never mind that he'll end up with the most shots taken in the history of the world. The record should really be called The Ultimate Green Light Award.

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 06:27 PM
I'll go out on a limb: Kobe will finish his career playing with D. Nowitzki, either Nowitzki comes here or Kobe goes to Dallas.

baseline bum
11-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Well at lease he would have that in common ...
Spurs almost beat Heat not saying they could get back but if they did Im pretty sure kobe would not miss clutch FT's ...just sayin'

But how would they ever get in the position for him to take them when he drags the team down to a 7-seed?

Deuce Bigalow
11-11-2013, 06:48 PM
But how would they ever get in the position for him to take them when he drags the team down to a 7-seed?
I don't recall Kobe dragging down the team. Did I miss something?

Arcadian
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM
:lol It's gonna be another nightmarish season for you fucks.

baseline bum
11-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I don't recall Kobe dragging down the team. Did I miss something?

Apparently 2012-13

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 07:39 PM
^ Yeah, he sure dragged a team--that got swept without him-- down.

elmanutres
11-11-2013, 07:42 PM
^ Yeah, he sure dragged a team--that got swept without him-- down.

no coincidence the lakers won more games without kobe than with him ever since that super (fail) team formed

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 07:54 PM
^ And they went 0-4 in the playoffs. Makes me wonder

DPG21920
11-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Lakers are idiots. I said they should have amnestied Kobe, tanked this year, gotten a stud in the draft then just re-sign Kobe after he's fully healed.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Lakers are idiots. I said they should have amnestied Kobe, tanked this year, gotten a stud in the draft then just re-sign Kobe after he's fully healed.

Agree 100% my brotha ...how is the new house?!

StrengthAndHonor
11-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Guys, he's not signing with another team. Kobe knows at this stage of his career, despite being a household name for almost 2 decades, still needs the Lakers franchise to keep his last few years in the league relevant. He's banking on the idea that the Lakers can bring in 1 or 2 quality Free Agents in 2014. There's always assumptions that Kobe will command $30 million plus but the new NBA Salary Cap is really not built for one player making that much money. A host of new luxury tax, penalties approved in 2011 CBA are phased in. Depending on Kobe's outlook, he can sign for less, which I'm sure he knows by now and fight for a playoff berth for the next 2-3 years or sign for waaaaay less and contend for a championship. My guess is the Lakers and Kobe will agree on the former.

Calispursfan11
11-11-2013, 11:51 PM
This thread is tl; dr. Any indication from Kobe himself that he is finished tbh?

Indazone
11-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Kobe coming back will be like Michael Jordan playing at age 40. Spot up shooter and no post ups.

Michael Jordan.
11-12-2013, 12:37 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1045205_665528183475709_1838797058_n.jpg

DPG21920
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Agree 100% my brotha ...how is the new house?!

House is awesome, thanks for asking. Been in for about a month so still getting setup but it's nice having so much space.

Killakobe81
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
House is awesome, thanks for asking. Been in for about a month so still getting setup but it's nice having so much space.

aint no thang ... I remember when I got my first house. Not in one now because my job stats has not been as stable lately... but I know it is a great feeling. looking forward to settling somewhere long term and having a custom built one someday.

Brazil
11-12-2013, 03:23 PM

Grats DPG ! happy you enjoy it :tu

baseline bum
11-12-2013, 03:25 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1045205_665528183475709_1838797058_n.jpg

:rollin

DPG21920
11-12-2013, 04:45 PM
aint no thang ... I remember when I got my first house. Not in one now because my job stats has not been as stable lately... but I know it is a great feeling. looking forward to settling somewhere long term and having a custom built one someday.

For sure. Mine was a semi-custom, so I got a lot of what I wanted. Wanted an existing home tbh, but the market in Austin is crazy right now so decided to go with a new build.

Grats DPG ! happy you enjoy it :tu

Thanks my man!