PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever...

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Seen the Spurs take it to a team the way they did the Knicks yesterday afternoon? Usually in games where we blowout teams, we kind of struggle early then blow it open in the fourth. Yesterday, right from the start, the Spurs came out with so much energy and focus. They were clicking on all cylinders from the start and never let up. The Spurs are also known for blowing leads and letting the opponent back in the game by "hero ball" and lack of effort due to the lead. I was waiting for the Spurs to slow down and let NY get back in it but that wasn't the case. The Spurs never took their foot off the throats of the Knicks; something I as fan am not accustomed to seeing. So again, has anyone seen another game like that from the Spurs?

PublicOption
11-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Not that i can remember

Leetonidas
11-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I remember they shit on the Warriors in Oakland by like 40 points a few years ago

will_spurs
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Actually that was even worse than you describe: the players in the 4th were Mills, CoJo, De Colo, Ayres and Baynes. That's a middle of the pack D-League roster. They increased the lead.

hooperflash
11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
When we killed Miami in that one game last year.

Blizzardwizard
11-11-2013, 11:40 AM
When they beat the Clippers in LA last year it was pretty dominant throughout.

DMC
11-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I've seen Manu come out with some solid turnovers early in the game a few times.

boutons_deux
11-11-2013, 12:02 PM
world champion 1st quarters by the Spurs always make me nervous, with so many 2nd quarter collapses, then 2nd half struggles and sometimes losses.

but yesterday the Spurs, starters and jayvee, were solid for all 48 mins.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Game 3 of finals

spurs10
11-11-2013, 02:13 PM
It was a damn solid beat down! I know what you mean about the consistency of the game. Even Sean was saying ' they are going to make a run at some time,' but it never came. Damn nice way to spend a day off! :toast

hater
11-11-2013, 02:16 PM
nothing as brutal as game 6 NBA Finals 2013 IMHO

ThaBigFundamental21
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
How long have you been a Spurs fan nooblet? The Spurs have rocked plenty of teams over the past 15 years from start to finish. Maybe if you didn't hop on the bandwagon recently you would know that.

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
How long have you been a Spurs fan nooblet? The Spurs have rocked plenty of teams over the past 15 years from start to finish. Maybe if you didn't hop on the bandwagon recently you would know that.
lol bandwagon that's funny dude. Been a Spurs fan since 95-96.

ThaBigFundamental21
11-11-2013, 04:26 PM
lol bandwagon that's funny dude. Been a Spurs fan since 95-96.
I'm just giving you shit. I'm just saying, the Spurs have rocked teams big time. Especially when the Spurs were still winning rings.

hater
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
don't think it's a terrible question. This was an epic beatdown and could have easily been a 40 or 50 pt beatdown of historic levels

that being said, the beatdown has a lot more to do with the knicks sucking that Spurs being good.

friendkilla, amare, melo, kenyan, metta?

are you fucking kidding me? :lmao knicks

Gagnrath
11-11-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm just giving you shit. I'm just saying, the Spurs have rocked teams big time. Especially when the Spurs were still winning rings.
There were games when the spurs looked very dominate but typically it was in a game where the spurs had 90ish points at the end and the other team and mid 60s.... Those tended to be some slow paced games. The beat down quality was there but the score didn't reflect it quite the same way in margin most of the time.

Marrow
11-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Timmy taking the technical says it all

ThaBigFundamental21
11-11-2013, 05:58 PM
There were games when the spurs looked very dominate but typically it was in a game where the spurs had 90ish points at the end and the other team and mid 60s.... Those tended to be some slow paced games. The beat down quality was there but the score didn't reflect it quite the same way in margin most of the time.

True. This game was great to see, given that we really haven't been clicking on Offense yet. Yet we still keep winning. This game was awesome on both sides of the ball. Especially to do it at Madison Square Garden! I loved it!

Darkwaters
11-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Anytime the Knicks get embarrassed I smile. They just get a lot of talk like they're such a wonderful franchise when they're really more of a joke. Kind of like a mascot.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Timmy taking the technical says it all

Was wondering how he didn't play any minutes yet had a -1 in the box score.

callo1
11-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Game 3 of the WCF in '99 was brutal. I can't remember the exact score, but the Spurs destroyed the Blazers. It was the game after the Memorial Day Miracle. Blazer players, especially Brian Grant, Damon Stoudamire, and Rasheed had been talking much trash about Sean's shot, and how things would be different in Portland.

I will never forget that game. The Spurs blew them out the following game as well...in Portland.

will_spurs
11-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Game 3 of the WCF in '99 was brutal. I can't remember the exact score, but the Spurs destroyed the Blazers. It was the game after the Memorial Day Miracle. Blazer players, especially Brian Grant, Damon Stoudamire, and Rasheed had been talking much trash about Sean's shot, and how things would be different in Portland.

Wasn't bad indeed...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199906040POR.html

TampaDude
11-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Wasn't bad indeed...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199906040POR.html

That 1999 team had probably the best D ever.

hater
11-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Anytime the Knicks get embarrassed I smile. They just get a lot of talk like they're such a wonderful franchise when they're really more of a joke. Kind of like a mascot.

truth hellfire torpedo IMO

Skull-1
11-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Usually we let them back in the game. We have never had a reliable killer instinct. Reference OKC in the WCF Game 2. We were stomping them. The nadir was Manu behind-the-back to Tony for the corner three. OKC almost came back to win the game then ran off four straight wins for the series.

exstatic
11-12-2013, 01:42 PM
When we killed Miami in that one game last year.

Time flies. That blowout was the first season of the Superfriends. They blew us out in Miami that year.

Last year, they barely beat our B team, but their B team beat our starters in Miami. They won both.

look_at_g_shred
11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Time flies. That blowout was the first season of the Superfriends. They blew us out in Miami that year.

Last year, they barely beat our B team, but their B team beat our starters in Miami. They won both.
Your referring to the game where duncan was saying "it's over" after the first quarter.

hater
11-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Time flies. That blowout was the first season of the Superfriends. They blew us o

not that it matters but Manu didn't play that 2nd game in San Antonio either. I know it was still shitbag Manu but that's 30+ minutes that Pop had to fill in with Neal + other garbage, also Bosh played 40 mins