PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Is A Prime Harden Better Than A Prime Manu?

Koolaid_Man
11-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I would have to go Manu....he played better defense by virtue of his quirky style...he was an irritant..like a gnat or a fly at a bbq..in fact it's the sole reason Kobe whacked the shit outta Manu and almost broke his face because he was an irritant

midnightpulp
11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Sup, Kool.

You watching Bible Kemp about to blow another game at the line?

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Kobe whacked the shit outta Manu and almost broke his face because he was an irritant

Hell... Dirk did the same thing too a few years back.

spurraider21
11-11-2013, 10:36 PM
we have yet to see prime Harden, but Manu was a very above average defender in his prime

Koolaid_Man
11-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Sup, Kool.

You watching Bible Kemp about to blow another game at the line?

that always makes me feel better...I'm mad at Dwight not because he left but because he had the audacity to challenge Kobe...why couldn't he just get down and suck Kobe's dick like everyone else...I can't stand Dwight tbh

Koolaid_Man
11-11-2013, 10:40 PM
we have yet to see prime Harden, but Manu was a very above average defender in his prime

why but of course....:lol

ezau
11-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Hell... Dirk did the same thing too a few years back.

Los Angeles Mavs Heat fan! 20 rings, bitches! :lol

Leetonidas
11-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Harden's pretty young still, not even in his prime yet imo

hater
11-11-2013, 11:00 PM
lol at ppl thinking harden will get any better

prime manu by a mile

RD2191
11-11-2013, 11:01 PM
:lmaoRockets struggling against the Raptors, what a shitty ass team. One of the most overrated teams in recent memory.

Katherine Robinson
11-11-2013, 11:06 PM
A prime Manu wouldn't let his team go double OT vs one if the worst teams in the east.

Holden_Caulfield
11-11-2013, 11:06 PM
prime manu <= prime kobe, too bad it was only for a season :lol

Rogue
11-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Hard to say imho. the prime Manu looked better than beard nigga but Manu never had such bad luck to conform to a shitty franchise and teammates who're either scrubs (like Rin) or douchebags (e.g. DH)

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll go with the 3-timer, who assisted 6.

ezau
11-11-2013, 11:16 PM
I'll go with the 3-timer, who assisted 6.

Swept talking

Arnold Toht
11-11-2013, 11:20 PM
^ You just can't get enough of the dishes.

AchillesHeel
11-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Manu and Harden have both choked a Finals away, but Manu has also won 3. So until Harden plays a huge role in winning an NBA Championship, he's not even close.

Findog
11-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Harden has a ways to go I think to be better than Manu. He is a more explosive scorer than Manu ever was, but Manu was not bad himself and was a very competent team defender within the Spurs scheme. An iron-hearted competitor. He occasionally hurt the Spurs when he would play out of control. But a reliable and dependable All-Star caliber player for many years. Harden, on the other hand, is a huge liability on D for the Rockets, and while I don't think he's lazy or anything, compared to guys like Manu and Kobe, he just doesn't have the same competitive instincts and relentless approach like those two. If he did, he'd be a competent team defender.

He definitely is already a better scorer than Manu ever was, but right now I'd have to give a slight edge to Prime Manu.

scanry
11-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Harden ought to change his style of play. He's already playing hurt at such a young age. There is a reason the erratic play of Manu shortened the window of the Spurs.

If Howard can grow a pair and demand the ball down low, Harden can actually become a better all round baller.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Manu and Harden have both choked a Finals away, but Manu has also won 3. So until Harden plays a huge role in winning an NBA Championship, he's not even close.

This.

Killakobe81
11-11-2013, 11:45 PM
But wait Achilles thought amb and others preach titles are team accomplishments and should not decide player comparison debates.

Trainwreck2100
11-11-2013, 11:46 PM
prime manu wouldn't have needed a tiny asian man to bail him out against the raptors

Findog
11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Also Manu probably didn't pay as much for pussy as Harden does. Harden flies in twitter prostitutes to Houston and pays them $20K to ball him and his friends. So there's that.

Calispursfan11
11-11-2013, 11:52 PM
You are on crack for even starting this thread. Prime Manu is one of the greatest ever.

jacobdrj
11-11-2013, 11:55 PM

This.

Short of injury, Harden has not yet peaked...

KaiRMD1
11-11-2013, 11:57 PM
The worst thing for a young player to do is be the main leader for a team. They never mature correctly. Then again, Kobe wasn't a leader until later but it was too late for him to be an effective leader.

AchillesHeel
11-12-2013, 12:01 AM
But wait Achilles thought amb and others preach titles are team accomplishments and should not decide player comparison debates.

Yeah, but when KD is averaging 30 ppg on above 50% shooting and Alpha is averaging 27 ppg during that Finals series, Harden is expected to step up as well. Instead, he was a defensive liability and allowed all those crazy threes by Mike Miller and Chalmers.

Titles are team accomplishments in terms of everyone playing a role in a win/loss, you can look at the stats and the biggest plays to determine who did the most for that team.

People wonder why they traded Harden back then, he came off averaging 12.4 ppg on 37,5% shooting in the Finals, he was looked at as a defensive liability that choked on the big stage, they were getting picks and prospects in return, the trade might have actually paid off if Steve Adams continues to improve, he's already had some solid games and his what OKC were missing, a skilled big man.

Harden is a good offensive player, but he's basically a 35 yr old Kirby WHILE in his prime, but without the elite post game. He will draw a lot of fouls and get to the line, he will hit the 3, he will use some flashy moves to get layups and he makes some plays, but that's about all that he can actually do. He's not a player that will lead you to a title, not unless he gets a defensive coach that will make him play defense. He ain't gonna become even an average defender under a coach like McHale.

DAF86
11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
lol Harden being a more explosive scorer than Manu.

That's a perception given by the fact that Harden has had his chance to chuck shots as a number one guy on mediocre team. Manu even with Duncan and Parker on his team has had his more than decent amount of 35/40+ pts. Give him the chance to be almost the only reliable offensive option on a team like Harden had last season and I bet he would have looked pretty explosive getting the ball in the hoop.

To answer the question, yes, Manu at his prime is better than this version of Harden (Don't know if this is his prime yet, he's very young). It might be the homer in me speaking but I don't see a single thing Harden does better than prime Manu: he isn't as athletic, he isn't as complete on offense as Manu was, he doesn't seem to be as good as leader as Manu was and he definitely isn't as good on defense as Manu was. The one argument one could make for Harden is the durability thing but even then Harden at age 24/25 or whatever he is now has had as many (if not more) injuries than Manu had at that age.

ezau
11-12-2013, 12:26 AM
^ You just can't get enough of the dishes.

Son, go ask Jerry if he enjoyed the Sweep:lol

ezau
11-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Manu has won three rings, and also gave away two in his career. I love Manu, but I don't think he will become the player that he is today without Tim and Pop. As far as the comparison goes, Harden will have better numbers than Manu when his career is over just by being healthier and more durable. Even so, I don't think Harden will win any ring in his career, tbh.

Indazone
11-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Fck NO! Prime Manu could pass the ball through a keyhole. Manu was sick. Drop 35 points on you in a heart beat and play within the system and plays both offense and defense with heart. At one point, people were asking if Manu was better than T-Mac.

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Also Manu probably didn't pay as much for pussy as Harden does. Harden flies in twitter prostitutes to Houston and pays them $20K to ball him and his friends. So there's that.

:lmao excellent truth bomb

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2013, 07:25 AM
lol Harden being a more explosive scorer than Manu.

That's a perception given by the fact that Harden has had his chance to chuck shots as a number one guy on mediocre team. Manu even with Duncan and Parker on his team has had his more than decent amount of 35/40+ pts. Give him the chance to be almost the only reliable offensive option on a team like Harden had last season and I bet he would have looked pretty explosive getting the ball in the hoop.

To answer the question, yes, Manu at his prime is better than this version of Harden (Don't know if this is his prime yet, he's very young). It might be the homer in me speaking but I don't see a single thing Harden does better than prime Manu: he isn't as athletic, he isn't as complete on offense as Manu was, he doesn't seem to be as good as leader as Manu was and he definitely isn't as good on defense as Manu was. The one argument one could make for Harden is the durability thing but even then Harden at age 24/25 or whatever he is now has had as many (if not more) injuries than Manu had at that age.

I didn't intend for this to be a Manu circle jerk thread...while I concede I think Manu is better let me also play devil's advocate....perhaps I should look at Harden being better because of what Spur fan say about Kobe...since Shaq was the sole reason Kobe was a decent player we need to apply that same soothing balm to Manu...Harden never played with a dominant big like Duncan who was doubled team allowing Manu free shots and drives to the basket...so I think we need to really look at if Manu is actually better than Harden without this advantage...

one major difference with Kobe ( although affecting his shooting %) was that he could get his shot from anywhere on the court I don't think Manu or Harden have that ability when they're personally doubled teamed

DAF86
11-12-2013, 07:28 AM
I didn't intend for this to be a Manu circle jerk thread...while I concede I think Manu is better let me also play devil's advocate....perhaps I should look at Harden being better because of what Spur fan say about Kobe...since Shaq was the sole reason Kobe was a decent player we need to apply that same soothing balm to Manu...Harden never played with a dominant big like Duncan who was doubled team allowing Manu free shots and drives to the basket...so I think we need to really look at of Manu is actually better than Harden without this advantage...

I know that you made this thread to knock on Harden 'cause you're salty that everybody but Kobe homers think that he is better than the raper you adore but that won't keep me from speaking the truth son. God bless.

ambchang
11-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Why is the saltiness spreading to beard? Keep your beef with d12 OP. You area already as bitter as a 3 time divorced middle aged woman.

Chomag
11-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Harden is more skilled but not even close to having a heart of a worrier like Manu did in prime. So I give Manu the edge.

DAF86
11-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Harden is more skilled but not even close to having a heart of a worrier like Manu did in prime. So I give Manu the edge.

In what way is Harden more skilled than Manu?

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2013, 08:30 AM

Manu was only good because Duncan opened up the lane by virtue of being double teamed...because of this I'm forced to reconsider my position.

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
I know that you made this thread to knock on Harden 'cause you're salty that everybody but Kobe homers think that he is better than the raper you adore but that won't keep me from speaking the truth son. God bless.

Pretty lame response...would be easier to just admit I'm right or concede that Shaq didn't make Kobe...either way its quite the conundrum for you.

Rogue
11-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Harden would performer even better than prime Manu if he also had the fortune to play in a great system like the spurs but I'm not sure if a great team would ever give a pivotal role to someone who plays zero defense. The prime Manu was twice the defender he currently is and even today's Manu is way better than Harden defensively.

DAF86
11-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Pretty lame response...would be easier to just admit I'm right or concede that Shaq didn't make Kobe...either way its quite the conundrum for you.

I don't think Shaq "made" Kobe. I do think that the Kobefans that use the championships argument to overrate Kobe's place in the all-time list intentionally omit that he won three of his five rings as a side-kick.

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Manu... and its not even close. Manu was better in every aspect of the game. Not to mention he actually sacrificed much of his game to allow Parker and Duncan to thrive and make Pops system run smoothly. Harden doesn't sacrifice and he has no heart when his back is against the wall. Manu was the second best shooting guard in the league behind Kobe for a while. That's right... he was better than Ray, Carter and Tmac.

Buddy Mignon
11-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't think Shaq "made" Kobe. I do think that the Kobefans that use the championships argument to overrate Kobe's place in the all-time list intentionally omit that he won three of his five rings as a side-kick.

Remove the titles and search for Kobe on the all-time stats list. He's killing Bird, Magic, Duncan, and Shaq.

DAF86
11-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Remove the titles and search for Kobe on the all-time stats list. He's killing Bird, Magic, Duncan, and Shaq.

Not in the stats I care about. I don't give a fuck if Kobe scores more pts than anybody when he misses a bunch more shots than anybody.

ambchang
11-12-2013, 07:54 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221573&page=18&p=6937846#post6937846

Like these stats?

DMC
11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Harden isn't going to get a lot better. His main strength, quickness, isn't going to improve. His FT shooting is already about as good as it will get. His only hope is that his passing ability and decision making ability improves as he learns the game.

Mugen
11-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Manu also flopped in a less faggy way than Harden tbh.

hater
11-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Manu also flopped in a less faggy way than Harden tbh.

Harden does the same exact thing Manu did tbh

it's just that back then those were obvious flops, in today's NBA those are questionable calls. don't get me wrong, back in the 80s Manu or Harden would have been put on a permanent wheel chair for trying to draw those fouls