stxspurs
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Coming up

stxspurs
11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Up next

stxspurs
11-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Fucking rampage hockey cut out the interview.

AntiChrist
11-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Class act, per usual

ace3g
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTckNK1BO4

Spur|n|Austin
11-12-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTckNK1BO4

:tu thanks

JR3
11-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Guys like this don't come often... The nba needs guys like this

Chief Brody
11-12-2013, 03:19 PM

Yeah, the NBA definitely needs more scripture and playoff-choking legacies.

Spur|n|Austin
11-12-2013, 03:32 PM

More Garnetts would be better, no?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2013, 03:37 PM

50 went 23/11/3/2 in the Houston series that he is widely criticized for. Olajuwon just went 35/13/5/4.

He was outplayed certainly but its not like he just choked and rolled over. Bass and co never gave DRob the supporting casts that the current regime provides. Houston rolled out Olajuwon/Drexler/Horry/Cassell. Spurs rolled out Robinson/Elliott/Rodman/Del Negro.

DeadlyDynasty
11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
How many times did a D-Rob led team lose with HCA?

Sean Cagney
11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
First ballot HOF player, MVP, 2 time champ and 2 time olympic Champ = Legend... I would say most would take that.
How many times did a D-Rob led team lose with HCA?

Team game, he could not do it with the help he had around him. I guess Charles Smith a few times and Avery Johnson or Del Negro etc. were just so much help! I know he head Elliott but outside of that not much at all.

What did Kirby do with no help? Missed the playoffs or first round exit with a later seed, atleast D Rob and little help got them not only in the playoffs but a high seed.

DeadlyDynasty
11-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah, team was good enough ti consistently win 50-55 games, but he couldn't break through a grab bag WC ever. Great player, though. He's the NBA's Tony Romo. Hopefully TR can piggyback for a couple rings in his twilight too

boutons_deux
11-12-2013, 04:12 PM

the nba needs families that produce guys like this.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, team was good enough ti consistently win 50-55 games, but he couldn't break through a grab bag WC ever. Great player, though. He's the NBA's Tony Romo. Hopefully TR can piggyback for a couple rings in his twilight too

Except for the part about making the playoffs and winning games. Much like teams now winning 50 games in the East it was not nearly as difficult to get above 50 wins in that western conference.

DeadlyDynasty
11-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Dude...come on now.

JR3
11-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Wow... Drob thread and all the haters come out.... Still mad?

DeadlyDynasty
11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Wow... Drob thread and all the haters come out.... Still mad?
Crofl, what would people be mad about?...other than him devaluing his fans' merch with bible verses, of course

HI-FI
11-12-2013, 06:59 PM

I'd love to have another D Rob. Real talk, I would rather root for a DROb than a Rapist who coattails. Before you say bullshit, I started liking the Spurs around DRob's time, even though I was a Lakers kid growing up and Lakers were starting to win championships again.

The comparison made below about Tony Romo is interesting, I think both don't have that missing thing that makes them truly elite, but they're very close and having good players around you always helps.

hater
11-12-2013, 07:06 PM
nigga retired too early.

he could have easily played and dominated for 3 or 4 more years. Spurs shurely would have repeat. but oh well. gotta respect the decisions.

gilmor
11-12-2013, 07:32 PM
So fucking cool... I can't believe I am hearing to the one player I love most..

This guy got so much humility.

Thanks man!

james evans
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
50 went 23/11/3/2 in the Houston series that he is widely criticized for. Olajuwon just went 35/13/5/4.

He was outplayed certainly but its not like he just choked and rolled over. Bass and co never gave DRob the supporting casts that the current regime provides. Houston rolled out Olajuwon/Drexler/Horry/Cassell. Spurs rolled out Robinson/Elliott/Rodman/Del Negro.
exactly. nobody was stopping hakeem that year, but hakeem did not in any way shut down robinson. that shit is a myth. just like he didn't shut down shaq in the finals. he just played better

james evans
11-12-2013, 09:46 PM
nigga retired too early.

he could have easily played and dominated for 3 or 4 more years. Spurs shurely would have repeat. but oh well. gotta respect the decisions.
are u serious? he was on fumes his last season. defensively he was great help, but this was in no way the same mr robinson..

ElNono
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
are u serious? he was on fumes his last season. defensively he was great help, but this was in no way the same mr robinson..

His back was also flaring up every other game... he pretty much warrior'ed out those '03 playoffs...

2centsworth
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Carver academy and his college scholarship program are pretty cool too.

TXstbobcat
11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
David Robinson is the main reason that I stated watching the spurs when I was growing up. He is a class act and we were lucky to have him as a spur for life.

ducks
11-12-2013, 10:21 PM
the nba needs families that produce guys like this.

tough to do with both parents working because of the high cost of insurance these days

ducks
11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
had spurs had a team david robinson would have lots of titles
vinny delgo was on the team for heaven sake
big dog or carr
sean was great for a couple of years but still no teir one star
then their was the point guard postion aj who could not make an outside shot if his life depended on it
then lets talk about the crazy coaches he had

tmtcsc
11-12-2013, 11:00 PM
David Robinson was a taller Dwight Howard with more athleticism, skills and humility.

ducks
11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
david robonson and howard do not belong in the same sentence every

JR3
11-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Crofl, what would people be mad about?...other than him devaluing his fans' merch with bible verses, of course

hater

GoodOdor
11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Could never look at him the same after Hakeem sodomized him on national TV tbh.....still, a nice guy.

T Park
11-12-2013, 11:42 PM
this thread is more examples of why this forum is a laughing stock now.

Freaking pathetic.

lefty
11-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Great player, nice guy, and the reason I became a Spurs fan

But he was a pussy, admit the truth Spur fans

I like pussies

TheGoldStandard
11-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Robinson was a terrific player, he was what Kevin Garnett was to the Timberwolves and in the end his loyalty gave him 2 titles and countless runs. Truth is no matter how many good or solid Spurs teams there were nobody was going to Usurp Chicago during their runs and Houston was stacked.

Sean Cagney
11-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Could never look at him the same after Hakeem sodomized him on national TV tbh.....still, a nice guy.

Regardless still a great player, not just a nice guy but a first ballot HOF player and better than ANY C out there today! Give us another D ROB! I would take it.

Budkin
11-13-2013, 01:33 AM
The Admiral is the reason I'm a Spurs fan. Loved his attitude and his game. 2003 is still my favorite title.

tenbeersbold
11-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Drob founded a capital investment group w/ a former Goldman Sachs investment banker

IDGAF what tiny percentage they give to "charity"

Vulture biz like this is exactly what is WRONG w/ the US economy

And anyone involved in it is the ENEMY...

WTH do you think everything costs so damn much ?!?

So these do nothing companies can continue to create ever larger windfalls and returns for their elite investors

You've got an entire nation counting on ever rising home values as a source of retirement income

WTF kinda fiscal sanity is that?!?

Rant off ;)

http://www.admiralcapitalgroup.com/founders.php

AusSpur
11-13-2013, 06:04 AM

To be fair he did much better than Kobe when he was the lone star. Stick a Shaq/Pau and Duncan next to them they ended up with amazingly good careers.

scanry
11-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Unlike Tim, David never had winners like Kerr, Horry, Manu, Barry, Tony & Bowen.

David on the other hand had born losers on his team tbh.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Unlike Tim, David never had winners like Kerr, Horry, Manu, Barry, Tony & Bowen.

David on the other hand had born losers on his team tbh.

This is what people fail to realize. Spurs had Elliott and Rodman as their best player next to Robinson in his prime. And the drop was considerable after that.

Robinson had his best success when he had Cummings for those two years before Cummings injured himself severely in a pickup game. Robinson rookie year, Spurs lost two 3OT games to Portland at Portland (the eventually WC champs), honestly the Spurs should have beat them. Pair Robinson with Duncan in the prime of his career, and he would have had multiple championships, like 4 or 5.

And for the Hakeem series, people fail to mention that the Dream totally did the same thing to Shaq the next series. Even Shaq said that Hakeem took his ass to school. He just played out of his mind during that playoff run.

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2013, 10:18 AM

Freaking pathetic.

Because some choose not to worship the ground D-Rob walks on?

You whiny, obese jeeb

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2013, 10:19 AM
hater

Can I see your papers?

JR3
11-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Can I see your papers?

Come get them yourself cool guy. Let me know when in Salt Lake.

CaptainLate
11-13-2013, 10:50 AM
More Garnetts would be better, no?

Sure...under the condition he was politically incorrect, since people like DRob and Pop are not.

TacoCabanaFajitas
11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Because some choose not to worship the ground D-Rob walks on?

You whiny, obese jeeb

No, because every thread devolves into trolling and petty insults. For every 1 sentence of basketball discussion, you get 4 that are almost exclusively shit talking. You don't like D-Rob? Awesome. But the attempt at humor and subsequent off-color jokes to tear him down are unnecessary. If you were actually funny it would be different, but the sarcasm/backhanded compliments come off as douchey and not humorous

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2013, 11:02 AM
No, because every thread devolves into trolling and petty insults. For every 1 sentence of basketball discussion, you get 4 that are almost exclusively shit talking. You don't like D-Rob? Awesome. But the attempt at humor and subsequent off-color jokes to tear him down are unnecessary. If you were actually funny it would be different, but the sarcasm/backhanded compliments come off as douchey and not humorous

Can I see your papers?

Mark in Austin
11-13-2013, 02:37 PM
But he was a pussy, admit the truth Spur fans

You can't be serious.

Pussies don't play with nerve damage and a back so bad they can barely walk or stand up straight after a game. Pussies retire early.

Pussies don't put up with cheapskate bullshit owners that don't get them any help while carrying a team of NBDL level talent into the playoffs year after year. Pussies hold out, demand a trade, and / or badmouth their teammates in the press.

Pussies don't battle Shaq one on one for years. Pussies call in sick or play hack a shaq.

Pussies don't take a beating like Hakeem gave David in the '95 playoffs and acknowledge they were outplayed. Pussies make excuses.

Robinson had his (limited) shortcomings as a player, but as a man, teammate, ambassador for the game, and face of San Antonio on the global stage, there was nobody better.

Walton Buys Off Me
11-13-2013, 04:26 PM

Freaking pathetic.

Couldn't have said it better....are we really bashing David Robinson now?

Wow...

kjhip1
11-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Drob is the epitome of what you would call a professional. He's donated so much to the city of San Antonio. Heck I remember when he put that new court outside the boys and girls club. Regardless if you thought he didn't show up in certain situations over the years, he still treated the game and those who played in it with respect. While u have some detailing their careers and asking how in the world they're sons can follow what they did, you have drob thanking everyone who helped him along the way. The man had class and served his country. What a role model to look up to in this day and age. Haters gonna hate I guess. Awesome interview! Thanks for the vid!

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Drob is the epitome of what you would call a professional. He's donated so much to the city of San Antonio. Heck I remember when he put that new court outside the boys and girls club. Regardless if you thought he didn't show up in certain situations over the years, he still treated the game and those who played in it with respect. While u have some detailing their careers and asking how in the world they're sons can follow what they did, you have drob thanking everyone who helped him along the way. The man had class and served his country. What a role model to look up to in this day and age. Haters gonna hate I guess. Awesome interview! Thanks for the vid!

:lollots of hurr-durr in this post

james evans
11-13-2013, 11:11 PM
trust me, he would have done duncan the same way in his prime. olajuwon killed everybody 2 years straight in the playoffs. noone could hold that man one on one.