PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: This number is just an absolute disgrace...

Sportstudi
11-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Look and I guess you aren't surprised: Wtf??? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=2014&year_max=2014&franch_id=&c1stat=fta&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fta)

If the Rockets continue to get this amount of FTA's they will have the 6th highest ever by the end of the season since the start of the NBA. :lmao Positions 1-5 came from the 1960's. And don't tell me now that's only because of Hack-a-Howard :lol

Double-Up
11-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Aggressive teams get calls, what's new. Hack a Howard has a lot to do with it plus Harden obviously.

Sportstudi
11-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Aggressive teams get calls, what's new. Hack a Howard has a lot to do with it plus Harden obviously.

Well, the Spurs have the same amount of games, but 181 FTA's less :lol
That's impossible to justify with just being an aggressive team after only 8 games. And even if you don't count Hack-a-Howard, the discrepancy is still huge. Way too high only to explain it with Harden. :lol

spurraider21
11-12-2013, 02:39 PM
wait till Houston gets Durant tbh :lol

RsxPiimp
11-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Harden dude, last year in the playoffs, he lead all perimeter players in FTA in the first round, far more than Lebron and yes, even Kevin Durant.

Sportstudi
11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Harden dude, last year in the playoffs, he lead all perimeter players in FTA in the first round, far more than Lebron and yes, even Kevin Durant.

Yeah, I know that. But Harden + Hack-a-Howard doesn't make up for a 181 FTA discrepancy to the Spurs for instance after just 8 games for both teams. That's ridiculous. I wonder what the difference will look like at the end of the season.

hater
11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
well Harden just got punished for flopping so that's a sign the league has noticed it

plus, who cares, it's the rockets. they are not going anywhere with or without the refs

Bulaien999
11-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Why is this even a thread? Mavs fan crying about free throws... what's new

Double-Up
11-12-2013, 02:57 PM
well Harden just got punished for flopping so that's a sign the league has noticed it

plus, who cares, it's the rockets. they are not going anywhere with or without the refs

Nigga please...with a healthy OKC the old ass Spurs have no shot at the Finals.

RD2191
11-12-2013, 03:01 PM
:lmaogtfo

RD2191
11-12-2013, 03:02 PM
garbage ass rockets struggling against the raptors who missed a record number of shots:lmao

RD2191
no defense:lmao

RD2191
dwight howard:lmao

Sportstudi
11-12-2013, 03:07 PM

Well, this was his 2nd warning and he had to pay 5k. 3rd one is 10k, 4th one is 15k, 5th one is 30k and maybe suspension. He has a 13.6 million salary. So, he makes about 166k per game (and that's even without endorsements). Even if he get his 5th warning and a suspension that's only like 226k. Less than 2% of his salary. Thus, I don't think Harden gives a shit about paying 5k.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
This is why I believe Houston can contend next year, tbh, if they fix their supporting cast..

As OKC has shown us, if your team gets to the line more than any other team, you'll always have a chance to win games and stop the flow of the opposing team, tbh..

DMC
11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Harden attacks the rim and gets to the line. Unless the OP thinks the league somehow likes Harden or Houston, then he has to admit there's a technique involved, and to prove it, the FTA numbers followed the player to another team. Did the league loyalty?

Step your game up.

Killakobe81
11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Harden attacks the rim and gets to the line. Unless the OP thinks the league somehow likes Harden or Houston, then he has to admit there's a technique involved, and to prove it, the FTA numbers followed the player to another team. Did the league loyalty?

Step your game up.

DMC you have been kicking ass all week. I cant say Im aLWAYS a fan but I would be frontin' to deny you are going hard in the paint in the forum lately ...
I said the same last week but not as well as you did. It may not be pretty but he is taking advantage (smartly) of crappy reffing. Rather than throwing petty fines if they (league) want to change that ... dont reward him for lowering his head and initiating contact. No rules changes needed. Just stop allowing ALL star players the BS bailout calls (kobe included). if you can't hand-check and you give Harden, lebron Kobe that call what chance does a defender have?!

Holden_Caulfield
11-12-2013, 03:43 PM
lin saving their ass from toronto :lmao

:cry not happy with the pg situation :cry

hater
11-12-2013, 03:57 PM

that assessment has its merits.

back to the thread topic, as I was saying Houston has no chance whatsoever to get past round 1 refs or not.

and regarding wether the NBA likes Houston or not, the answer is obviously that is not the point, the point is certain players and teams know how to exploit referees and regulations. (for example Durant and OKC, Harden and Houston, etc) it's up to the NBA office to spot those exploitations and IMO the NBA has signaled it by fining the bearded flopper

Sportstudi
11-12-2013, 04:02 PM
DMC you have been kicking ass all week. I cant say Im aLWAYS a fan but I would be frontin' to deny you are going hard in the paint in the forum lately ...
I said the same last week but not as well as you did. It may not be pretty but he is taking advantage (smartly) of crappy reffing. Rather than throwing petty fines if they (league) want to change that ... dont reward him for lowering his head and initiating contact. No rules changes needed. Just stop allowing ALL star players the BS bailout calls (kobe included). if you can't hand-check and you give Harden, lebron Kobe that call what chance does a defender have?!

Killa, that was actually my intention while starting this thread. I know Harden loves to attacks the rim, but he (and also many other superstars in the league, I'm not using him as the lone scapegoat) gets a lot of bullshit calls. It's just weak a** reffing. And the amount of FT's given lately (not only to Houston, but also to other teams) really harms the flow of the game in my opinion. Honestly, I wouldn't mind to go back to the 80's and 90's with no 3-seconds rule (and thus, a clogged lane), hand-check allowed and enjoy real basketball. Well, long time ago... :toast

Sportstudi
11-12-2013, 04:05 PM

back to the thread topic, as I was saying Houston has no chance whatsoever to get past round 1 refs or not.

and regarding wether the NBA likes Houston or not, the answer is obviously that is not the point, the point is certain players and teams know how to exploit referees and regulations. (for example Durant and OKC, Harden and Houston, etc) it's up to the NBA office to spot those exploitations and IMO the NBA has signaled it by fining the bearded flopper

Yeah, but as I explained the amount Harden had to pay is just weak sauce. Those flops should be treated like a flagrant 2, earing the flopper a one game suspension. And the refs should really punish those guys who do it constantly. However, as often superstars love to flop (Harden, Paul, Griffin, Durant etc...) they won't be suspended. The league won't suspend their cash cows because of flopping. Although they should IMO.

hater
11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but as I explained the amount Harden had to pay is just weak sauce. Those flops should be treated like a flagrant 2, earing the flopper a one game suspension. And the refs should really punish those guys who do it constantly. However, as often superstars love to flop (Harden, Paul, Griffin, Durant etc...) they won't be suspended. The league won't suspend their cash cows because of flopping. Although they should IMO.

as I said, all NBA did with the fine is send a signal. obviously the fines are a joke. Harden spends more money on his whore's moisturizer

Double-Up
11-12-2013, 04:30 PM

We'll get past the first round without a doubt barring injuries. Not to mention trades will go down by February that WILL make us better. Asik is as good as gone and when April rolls around we'll be balling like a motherfucker.

RD2191
11-12-2013, 04:32 PM
We'll get past the first round without a doubt barring injuries. Not to mention trades will go down by February that WILL make us better. Asik is as good as gone and when April rolls around we'll be balling like a motherfucker.
:lmao

LkrFan
11-12-2013, 04:40 PM
:downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao

Double-Up
11-12-2013, 04:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted

LkrFan
11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Well, the Spurs have the same amount of games, but 181 FTA's less :lol
That's impossible to justify with just being an aggressive team after only 8 games. And even if you don't count Hack-a-Howard, the discrepancy is still huge. Way too high only to explain it with Harden. :lol
Them faggots shot 52 (to our 15) and lost (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488945)! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Michael Jordan.
11-12-2013, 04:50 PM

Um no. Harden was the reason they got past the Spurs.

elmanutres
11-12-2013, 04:50 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Michael Jordan.
11-12-2013, 04:52 PM
And the Rockets will not advance until Kevin "Iso Harden" McHale gets the axe.

Killakobe81
11-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Killa, that was actually my intention while starting this thread. I know Harden loves to attacks the rim, but he (and also many other superstars in the league, I'm not using him as the lone scapegoat) gets a lot of bullshit calls. It's just weak a** reffing. And the amount of FT's given lately (not only to Houston, but also to other teams) really harms the flow of the game in my opinion. Honestly, I wouldn't mind to go back to the 80's and 90's with no 3-seconds rule (and thus, a clogged lane), hand-check allowed and enjoy real basketball. Well, long time ago... :toast

I agree. Because in HS i was NOT a great scorer. So I had to rely on my hands feet and and smarts. I had long arms and hops but was skinny. So i could get away with some banging because I didnt really dislodge or misdirect in a obvious way. So I appreciate a more physical game same way I play soccer.

But the advantage extended stars especially the floppers like Harden is nuts ... but Paul is worse tbh. Better player than the beard but he seeks out contact when he is just dribbling up court and exaggerates the slightest contact if Harden is worthy of a $5,000 fine so far you have to double that for paul. At leats when Lebron gets calls he doesnt have to flop ... he does some of the Mj/kobe verbal flops but actually gets contact (most of the time) ...he does get superstar calls and I do remember one blatant flop last year ...

Double-Up
11-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Um no. Harden was the reason they got past the Spurs.

Say what you want but I'd put a bill on the Spurs not getting past OKC if they meet each other. Book it nigga.

Michael Jordan.
11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Say what you want but I'd put a bill on the Spurs not getting past OKC if they meet each other. Book it nigga.

I'll put a bill too. Lets do it nooga!

RD2191
11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
How much you wanna lose?

hater
11-12-2013, 05:05 PM

mmm no. no way in hell Rockets get past any of these teams: OKC, Spurs, Warriors, Memphis, or even Minnesota (KLove would make Coward his bitch)

The only chance in hell would be for rockets to grab a very high seed and catch a lowly 8th seed (good luck with that) or catch an injured riddled team, or face the Clippers :lol

Double-Up
11-12-2013, 05:37 PM
mmm no. no way in hell Rockets get past any of these teams: OKC, Spurs, Warriors, Memphis, or even Minnesota (KLove would make Coward his bitch)

The only chance in hell would be for rockets to grab a very high seed and catch a lowly 8th seed (good luck with that) or catch an injured riddled team, or face the Clippers :lol

We'll see what you talking come April...easy to talk shit in early November. Hell the Suns are looking good, Portland without injuries, and the Spurs seem to have forgotten 6 but we'll see how you faggots feel come playoff time. :lol

Clipper Nation
11-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Look and I guess you aren't surprised: Wtf??? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=2014&year_max=2014&franch_id=&c1stat=fta&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fta)

If the Rockets continue to get this amount of FTA's they will have the 6th highest ever by the end of the season since the start of the NBA. :lmao Positions 1-5 came from the 1960's. And don't tell me now that's only because of Hack-a-Howard :lol
Some more free throw stats for Houston....

- Houston leads the league in overall FTA differential per game at +14.8.... to put that in perspective, the Thunderefs are only at +4.4, so-called "Flop City" has a -0.4 differential, and the Spurs have a -1.3 differential

- Houston leads the league in total FTA differential at +119.... OKC's differential is +26, LAC's is -3, San Antonio's is -10

- Houston leads the league in road FTA differential per game at +13.0... OKC's differential is +6.7, LAC's is -4.5, San Antonio's is -1.2

- Houston leads the league in FTA differential per game when trailing at the half at +19.0.... OKC's differential is +0.7, LAC's is -6.9, San Antonio's is -3.5

- Houston leads the league in FTA differential per game when trailing after 3 quarters at +16.4... OKC's differential is +0.7, LAC's is -7.9, San Antonio's is -3.8

Seems like Houston is the real Flop City, tbh.... they're even getting more handouts than the Thunderefs :lol

hater
11-12-2013, 05:55 PM
We'll see what you talking come April...easy to talk shit in early November. Hell the Suns are looking good, Portland without injuries, and the Spurs seem to have forgotten 6 but we'll see how you faggots feel come playoff time. :lol

sure thing homie :tu

I know anything can happen over the course of a season but no there's just ZERO chance of either Coward finding a post game or Rin resembling and NBA PG this season

Robz4000
11-12-2013, 06:45 PM
And the Rockets will not advance until Kevin "Iso Harden" McHale gets the axe.

Said this before the season started tbh. Houston can make all the roster changes they want but having a white baboon as their coach is going to be their downfall.

elmanutres
11-12-2013, 06:51 PM

*bookmarks page for future quote*

GuerillaBlack
11-13-2013, 02:15 AM
sure thing homie :tu

I know anything can happen over the course of a season but no there's just ZERO chance of either Coward finding a post game or Rin resembling and NBA PG this season
Rin currently has the best TS% of any NBA point guard and is 21st overall. Continuing his strong average since the ASB last season.

Thebesteva
11-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Honestly, its only because of the hack a Howard. I remember watching games where coaches hacked Howard for 20+ free throws a night and there would be threads here about how Lakers got 35 free throws in one game etc etc. Its only because of the Hack a Howard and it works every time.

Rogue
11-13-2013, 05:14 AM
Rockets are supposed to be a "contender" this season. Even though they really aren't, the league have to do everything in their power to make the Rockets look like one so as to keep the yellow fans on board. When it comes the playoffs and the league decide to let the game decide itself, you'll see how fast the paper tiger fall imho