PDA

View Full Version : Terry Francona of the Cleveland Indianswon the American League Manager of the Year

Biernutz
11-12-2013, 08:16 PM
How could Tony win that over John Farrell? When you bring a
last place team to World Series Champion how can you
not be manger of the year.
I like Tony but he didn't do the job John did.

JoeTait75
11-13-2013, 12:17 PM
You know how these awards work. The manager with the best team never wins Manager of the Year. Tito didn't win it either year he won it all in Boston.

Tito did do a fantastic job, though. I really didn't think the Indians were all that good, yet they won 92 games. I don't think I've ever seen a manager that utilizes a bullpen as well as Tito does. He did a remarkable job with what he had. Farrell did a great job too, for sure.

The Gemini Method
11-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Tito did more with less. The Red Sox were the equivalent to, say, the Chiefs as they were a talented team with issues at the coaching level and whatnot. It wasn't like they were stock bare like the Indians were. You could easily name more players pm the Red Sox than the Tribe. Besides, the Red Sox got the most important award this season and by jettisoning Crawford and Gonzalez deserve it all the more so.

Arnold Toht
11-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Well, he was responsible for triggering the biggest choke in Sports, not named the 2013 SA Spurs.